It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

British army is creating a 1,500-strong force of Facebook warriors, [shills ]

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 12:08 AM
link   
a reply to: douglas5

Even if they all join ATS on the same day you won't be allowed to call them out. I had my last post removed for bringing up the topic of agenda driven groups of posters.

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 12:14 AM
link   
a reply to: midicon

It will happen that they drop by the site or even use 20 or more socks for the same member i just hope the mods are on to them quick or things will get heated

edit on 1/2/2015 by douglas5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 12:23 AM
link   

The US has been doing this for years. The UK has likely had a program in place for some time and for some reason they decided to go public with the program.

I was skeptical with facebook's friend requests from attractive members of the opposite sex after posting something controversial, especially if it dealt with firearms or drugs.

edit on 1-2-2015 by jrod because: add pic

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 12:25 AM
link   

Often times they will invade a popular board and become moderators if possible.

There are several links that outline the gov't and corporate shill tactics:

www.reddit.com...

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 1-2-2015 by jrod because: add link

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 12:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: jrod

I was skeptical with facebook's friend requests from attractive members of the opposite sex after posting something controversial, especially if it dealt with firearms or drugs.

I had the exact same thing happen. Of course I trained near these guys and we discussed things back and forth.. I know how they work. Sometimes I talk a bit too much. Whatever, I didn't expose any thing secret.

I got a Homeland Security Badge after this, so I assume I'm still on the up and up.

100 Psych Ops guys, out of 3 platoons in Basic..

edit on 1-2-2015 by KnightLight because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 12:31 AM
link   
a reply to: jrod

I have read about people spending years to work their way up to a mod status and was just reading your thread about the terrorist censorship strange days ahead jrod

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 12:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: douglas5

It will happen that they drop by the site or even use 20 or more socks for the same member i just hope the mods are on to them quick or things will get heated

The only thing the mods will be on to is you...if you call them out.

There are groups of posters on here that have an agenda. That is not to say that members have to have different opinions but it slowly dawned on me that there is more to some posters than they would have you believe. I could make a list of members and mods, but to what purpose? It is what it is.

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 01:00 AM
link   

I have come to the same conclusion after lurking about the net for many years , at least at Ats the conversation is polite unlike other places and this influx of 1500 will quickly cause war online i imagine

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 01:04 AM
link   

We can`t have free speech of course.

With the Ukrainians going to unleash also a herd of them it will get even worse to read something...the good thing about it though, the more they do it, the more obvious it will be to the masses...I`m all for letting them call themselves out.

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 01:14 AM
link   
a reply to: BornAgainAlien

I have not heard about the Ukrainians unleashing a horde on the net
ripping of the Syrian free army that link JROD gave is interesting www.reddit.com...

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 02:26 AM
link   

Here you go...

Online army: Ukraine seeks to recruit bloggers for ‘truth-telling’ crusade

Kiev authorities plan to create a coordination center for Ukrainian bloggers to present a united front in social media, said Information Policy Minister, Yury Stets, adding that popular bloggers will become Ukraine’s “truth-telling” online army.

“You don’t need trolls and bots to deliver truthful information to those communicating on the internet. It is obvious for social network veterans,” Tass news agency reported Ukraine’s Information Policy minister, Yury Stets, as saying. "To do so we need to unite people influential in social media and they will tell the truth to everyone who reads them."

The more bloggers, the better, as they will form Ukraine’s “web army,” the minister said.

Source

...at least some on this forum will have more to use as only FlopFake.org.

edit on 1 2 2015 by BornAgainAlien because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 03:49 AM
link   
At least we know that is happening. What about all those people who are members of secret societies, dubious religious organisations, dubious political organisations etc etc. They have been on these sites for years spreading "their word". How come nobody is bitching about them ?

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 05:22 AM
link   
It's plain to see really. Trust is dead on the internet. Who will you believe ? The truth warriors will become a thing of the past when even they won't know wether they are coming or going in the never ending circle of lies and disinfo.
Even now, few on ATS really know if they are chatting with friend or foe. I have come to the conclusion that even the owner and the mods are not who they purport to be. ATS and other large sites like it are only still in existence because they help certain agencies to find the most vocal political dissidents. Do you REALLY believe it would still be here otherwise ?
The net will soon be awash with so much confusion that most will just give up bothering. That's what they aim for and i'm sorry to say that they will win.

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 07:03 AM
link   

Really? 1500 army folks ? haha .. all i can say is.. "BRING 'EM ON!"

It will be fun! Bombard them with facts, and maybe the lot will "convert"

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 07:53 AM
link   
They don't need 1,500 shills the media are doing a fine job of propaganda to brainwash the public into being their own unpaid liars

Twitter was constantly advertised by the BBC and now media stories can arise from a single twitter comment with no background check to see if it was authentic and true

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 08:33 AM
link   
So, all you have to do to combat them is get rid of Facebook and the rest of the social media mainstream is using. Stupid as hell. Shills get smacked down with truth. Waste the money on real combat troops. Is this a Monty Python skit?

What's next JihadBook?

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 09:06 AM
link   
Social media, such as Twitter and Facebook are psyops and control media.
Not only are they used for profiling people and gathering information, but are also used for campaigns and the sheep will follow. Just look at the Charlie Hebdo fiasco and Kony, pure marketing and manipulation of the masses. Invent a slogan and get the boys in the backroom to create a few thousand ghost accounts pushing it until it catches on. I guess it's the old idea that a lie, often repeated, becomes the truth in the eyes of the followers.

It's all part of the information control, which the mainstream media are already a part of.

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 09:08 AM
link   
a reply to: sayzaar

That's what they aim for and i'm sorry to say that they will win.

No they won`t, unless they start blocking things like, RT, Global Research, Zero Hedge, etc...more and more of those vocalists sites are popping up, and more and more people start to know them, the only thing they can do is shutting down part of the internet...in the end they probably will, and the fallacy of "free speech" will come to light.

They have now gone full retard in the Netherlands, I`m just reading one political leader is now suggesting there needs to be a "reporting requirement" for potential IS members so they know where they are..."we decide over your freedom and if we think you might be suspected to go doing Jihad, we demand you to come to us and show yourself, even when you haven`t done anything."
edit on 1 2 2015 by BornAgainAlien because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 09:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Britguy
Social media, such as Twitter and Facebook are psyops and control media.
Not only are they used for profiling people and gathering information, but are also used for campaigns and the sheep will follow.

Somehow, I don't think 'Life Hacks' and 'Grumpy Cat' on Facebook provide nearly as rich a source of "profiling" data as some other "Social media" sites that come to mind.

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Can I have a job?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join