It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NLBS #35: The Anti-Vaccination Movement and the Measles Outbreak

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 12:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

The point is that your numbers are are not that significant when put in perspective. People die of stuff.

How many died in America in this recent outbreak?
edit on 31-1-2015 by SkippyBalls because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 12:44 AM
link   
a reply to: SkippyBalls

No, you made an excellent point. People die every day from preventable things.

There are those that seem to advocate more people dieing from them.

Your point is well taken that the vaccination program in the US has been a great success in keeping people from dying from preventable illnesses, however if the anti-vacc groups get their way that will change for the worse.

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 12:46 AM
link   

How many people are dead from this current outbreak in America?

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 01:00 AM
link   

People die every day from preventable things.

Preventable meaning forcing the entire world's population to get vaccinated, and even then at least 5% is still not protected.

Btw, I got measles, the mumps and rubella as a kid. Still alive and kicking.

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 01:06 AM
link   

How many do you want to die?

Nine out of ten people that are unvaccinated will catch the virus when exposed four out of one hundred people that are vaccinated are susceptible to catching the virus when exposed.

Those who catch the virus can have complications ranging from diarrhea(didn't you say people can die from that) to serious complications such as pneumonia or secondary bacterial pneumonia, Otitis media(can cause hearing loss), acute brain inflammation(encephalitis), SSPE—subacute sclerosing panencephalitis, and corneal ulceration (leading to corneal scarring loss of sight). Complications are usually more severe in adults who catch the virus.

But maybe you just care about death and permanent injury is just the breaks in your opinion.

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 01:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: SkippyBalls

People die every day from preventable things.

Preventable meaning forcing the entire world's population to get vaccinated, and even then at least 5% is still not protected.

Btw, I got measles, the mumps and rubella as a kid. Still alive and kicking.

Good for you unfortunately there are those that were not so lucky. There have been a few who offered insight here in this thread.
edit on 31-1-2015 by Grimpachi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 01:07 AM
link   

How many are dead in this recent outbreak?

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 01:09 AM
link   

How many need to die in your opinion?

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 01:10 AM
link   

How many died?

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 01:14 AM
link   

Approximately 300 people die per day from measles in the world how many do you want to have die in America before you think it is a problem.

BTW is the outbreak over yet?

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 01:14 AM
link   

How many died in this outbreak sofar?

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 01:24 AM
link   

How many of them die because of the combination of measles and the conditions they live in?

Is it safe to say that measles are more dangerous to some people based on their location in the world and their position in society?

Are measles that dangerous to Americans up to a level where one can say that those that don't get vaccinated are endangering the lives of others that did?

How many are dead from this current outbreak in America?
edit on 31-1-2015 by SkippyBalls because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 01:35 AM
link   

How many are infected at this point.

In 2008 there was an outbreak caused by a 7-year-old unvaccinated boy that caught measles while he had been traveling.

The health department did an analysis study and determined that for each exposed person it cost the state ten thousand five hundred dollars per case. That was for 879 people who were exposed.

The Cost of Not Vaccinating

I wonder how much this outbreak will cost the taxpayers. It kind of sucks that responsible people have to pay for others irresponsible behavior, however that may change soon. As per the article I posted there are those discussing bringing legal action to those who were purposely unvaccinated that spread the disease to others. While they will not be open to arrest they are certainly open to lawsuits for damages incurred. Especially if someone's child suffered something dilbilatating such as hearing loss or loss of eyesight. I imagine it would be moreso if someone suffered some sort of brain injury.

If it was my child that suffered due to someone else I probably would take those responsible to court.
edit on 31-1-2015 by Grimpachi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 01:39 AM
link   

Ok, but can I ask you a question?

How many Americans died from this current outbreak that has sparked this debate?

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 01:39 AM
link   

How many of them die because of the combination of measles and the conditions they live in?

Is it safe to say that measles are more dangerous to some people based on their location in the world and their position in society?

Are measles that dangerous to Americans up to a level where one can say that those that don't get vaccinated are endangering the lives of others that did?

I have not seen anything that states that those in poorer countries suffer worse repercussions because of status or location.

It is a numbers game. The stats have already been addressed in links provided. I guess you missed them.

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 01:44 AM
link   

I have not seen anything that states that those in poorer countries suffer worse repercussions because of status or location.

How many infections in America turn out to be lethal?

Another question I could ask you is how many people died from this current outbreak in America, and in normal circumstances I would even get an answer.

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 01:48 AM
link   

If it was my child that suffered due to someone else I probably would take those responsible to court.

Good luck with that.

It seems that you are only pushing pro vaccine soundbites here.

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 01:49 AM
link   

You realize loaded questions are called logical fallacies don't you?

Begging the Question is also a logical fallacy.

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 01:52 AM
link   

One can also wonder why someone refuses to anwer a simple question. It's usually because the answer doesn't fit their agenda.

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 01:55 AM
link   

I don't answer logical fallacies it is sort of a thing.

My agenda is to educate and stop preventable diseases if that is what yu mean then I am guilty as charged.

What is your agenda?

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join