It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NLBS #35: The Anti-Vaccination Movement and the Measles Outbreak

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 10:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Pardon?

It costs a hell of a lot more to treat a child with complications from measles than the vaccine

So why does Pharma rely on the US govt to set up a fund for adverse reactions complications. Surely that risk should be carried by the Corps/shareholders?

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 10:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheConstruKctionofLight

Given that the chance of severe adverse reaction to the vaccine is >1 in 1,000,000 and that even a non-severe measles is extremely unpleasant you owe it to your kids to get them vaccinated

So is it >100,000?
>10000?
>100?

Glad you like to throw dice with your childrens health when the side effects are widely publicized

Please don't express your ignorance of statistics and maths as a defense for being an anti vaccer.

If the odds state greater that 1 in 1000000 this means that MORE than 1 million people have to be in the sample size before a case of 1 occurs. Also note that this related to a complication NOT a death.

This is against the rate of dying from measles being 0.2%. This means 2000 deaths for every million infected.

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Your biggest clue that they are jacking with us about the need for vaccines is them using the term "HERD" to describe all of us. nwo at its peak.

The difference between the nwo and religion is that Jesus never lied about owning us.

mandatory ebola vaccine coming soon and will be forced on everyone eventhough we have proven that prevention and treatment work just fine.

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 11:52 AM
link   
a reply to: deadeyedick

Good point, I have had the feeling through this thread that this is just a warmup for the ebola vaccine that is right around corner. Can you imagine the shame game that will come with that?

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 01:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheConstruKctionofLight

It costs a hell of a lot more to treat a child with complications from measles than the vaccine

So why does Pharma rely on the US govt to set up a fund for adverse reactions complications. Surely that risk should be carried by the Corps/shareholders?

Here's the deal. They threatened to stop manufacturing vaccines when it became popular to blame them for everything. Not manufacturing vaccines would be incredibly stupid so the government intervened.

You can send a letter to thank them.

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Who is "them"?

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 01:26 PM
link   
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

No. My point was to make it personal. Not just some obscure child but one that you know and love. That will make the difference in thought processes.

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 01:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: jaws1975

Good point, I have had the feeling through this thread that this is just a warmup for the ebola vaccine that is right around corner. Can you imagine the shame game that will come with that?

Not an Ebola vaccine! Say it ain't so! Now I can't catch Ebola! Evil scientist!

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 01:27 PM
link   
a reply to: TsukiLunar

explain what you mean by stupid

stupid because it goes against nwo plans?

upgrading the living conditions and health care systems while monitoring and dealing with immigration is the much more prudent path long term.

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 01:32 PM
link   

No, your NWO is completely in your head and put together from quote mining and the ravings of a madman.

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 01:38 PM
link   
I'm 57 years old and when my brother got the measles I got them and both my sister's did too. When he got the mumps, I got them and so did both my sister's. When Jimmy came home with German measles(rubella) guess what? ' These diseases are highly contagious. If you're within a few feet of someone who has it and you've never had it yourself you will get sick not might Will. Unless you've been vaccinated that is. Not quite the same thing as my chances of getting hit in the head with a brick which are pretty unlikely. However if I ride a motorcycle I will certainly wear a helmet. I have to bet the odds.

A reply to: SlapMonkey

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 01:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: deadeyedick
Mandatory ebola vaccine coming soon and will be forced on everyone eventhough we have proven that prevention and treatment work just fine.

Why do you say this? Also, if this doesn't happen can we say that there is no NWO?

The funny thing about vaccines is I have had everyone you can think of. I spent 30 plus years flying all over the world sometimes to the nastiest places while I was in the military and after, and I still typically get 2 or 3 a year. I'm 55 now and about as healthy as a person can be, but I'm not saying that some people do not have negative reactions, since there are negatives reactions to EVERYTHING, but a extremely few cases compared to not having vaccines is not even a debate.

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Did you say that an advanced race is laughing at us?
Yes.
And so we should what? Take what you say seriously?
Like that statement? They laugh?
Who they? Martians? Little green men? Who's laughing at us?

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 01:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: deadeyedick
a reply to: CirqueDeTruth

The problem is that many want to make it mandatory for everyone.

As far as I was aware it already is mandatory.

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 01:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: AutumnWitch657
I'm 57 years old and when my brother got the measles I got them and both my sister's did too. When he got the mumps, I got them and so did both my sister's. When Jimmy came home with German measles(rubella) guess what? ' These diseases are highly contagious. If you're within a few feet of someone who has it and you've never had it yourself you will get sick not might Will. Unless you've been vaccinated that is. Not quite the same thing as my chances of getting hit in the head with a brick which are pretty unlikely. However if I ride a motorcycle I will certainly wear a helmet. I have to bet the odds.

A reply to: SlapMonkey

If you simply use current quarrentine and treatment and contact methods these things can be stopped with a bit of effort. Remember all that faith and trust that was being asked for by the cdc recently? We do have to acknowledge the advancment of those methods vs times of plauges. Huge difference.

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 01:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: AutumnWitch657

Did you say that an advanced race is laughing at us?

Yes.

And so we should what? Take what you say seriously?

Like that statement? They laugh?

Who they? Martians? Little green men? Who's laughing at us?

It is the little things like the blatent programming and lies.

My laughing comment is based on the thought that if an intelligent race or group exist and monitor us then they is having a funny bone would not only be laghing but crying at the same time.

Something as simple as greater than and less than symbols being reversed in creating them is a big deal.

to all the school dropouts cause that is the honest choice.

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 01:59 PM
link   
a reply to: WeAre0ne

No the nurse I called who was unrelated to the doctor who administered the shot was a hotline nurse for a programme we used to have called "Ask a nurse". I called her because my son broke out in the rash after getting the vaccine. He was in daycare then and he went the very next day and oh my guess what?, none of the other kids who had not gotten vaccinated yet got sick. Not one. . Who ever told you that the attenuated case from a vaccine was contagious lied to you.
The rash only lasted 24hours and the fever only that first night. By morning his temp was normal and the spots were already fading to pink. Measles lasts a week and is contagious before the spots appear. And the spots don't appear until a week after exposure. In the case of the vaccine it appeared the day after the shot and was gone the day after that. He was not contagious.

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 02:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: SkepticOverlord

originally posted by: WeAre0ne
The "mild case" of measles and mumps you can get from the vaccine can most definitely be spread and is contagious.

Incorrect.

There's a great deal of false information out there. The "mild measles" some people attribute to the vaccine is a rash that appears very similar to the disease, sometimes accompanied by a fever. It's not contageous.

You are correct. Thanks for stating that again. It can't be said enough.

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 02:10 PM
link   
No sorry you're still not getting it. The amount is insignificant. There's going to be an amount of mecury ingested or breathed in during a lifetime. The amount in the vaccine s
just won't matter. You'll get more in a can of white tuna. Are you saying don't eat tuna or other fish as well in your avoidance campaign?

If so you're just being a silly extremist and there won't be any getting through to you anyway.

reply to: WeAre0ne

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 02:10 PM
link   
The hugely successful disease eradication programmes of the past century have left us wondering what the fuss is about. Sadly, it is now a victim of its own success.

We employ faulty availability heuristics to determine the risk - Polio or small-pox are not diseases that I encounter in my life - I know of nobody having ever contracting such illnesses and it would be easy for me to consider them as diseases that I do not have to worry about in the developed world. And this is the issue; - this false sense of security could facilitate the return of many near eradicated diseases.

How easy it is to forget how vunlerable our species is to such diseases.

Since the turn of the century more humans now live in urban communities than rural communities - a first in the history of our species. But with greater numbers of people living check-to-jowl and a world population approaching 7 billion in and age of cheap intercontinental flight - we need to be more viglant than ever to the spread of disease.

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join