It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did this man capture UFOs over Rendlesham Forest?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 01:57 PM
link   
I'm surprised this hasn't been posted yet.

A dog walker believes he may have captured UFOs in the sky above Rendlesham Forest. George Taylor spotted the strange balls of light on Sunday in an area of Suffolk which has a history of bizarre sightings and home to Britain’s most famous UFO case. The spooked local, who claims he’s never seen anything like it, took out his camera and recorded. The 36-second clip shows flashes of light behind clouds as a helicopter circles below. Mr Taylor uploaded the footage to YouTube in the hope that someone can provide answers.

Metro Link

Looks interesting.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Why only 36 seconds? I'm calling fake CGI. The soundtrack of the helo is too continuous in volume even though the helo turns aways and moves off.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Well hey!

Now that's something different!
Would like to hear what a digital video analyst might say.
If those lights are really behind those clouds, they are moving very erratically and quick. Looks odd.

Given the great history of stories to come from that Rendalsham, this could be interesting if more vids appear.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 02:06 PM
link   
I don't have much to say other then interesting video, I will wait to read all the comments as they flood in. I am taking a tally to see how many times the acronym CGI comes out in the first page or two though. I think on the surface it looks really convincing especially for a day time over cast setting. Personally the famous Rendlesham forest incident I think something may have happened but the story we got is like 98% BS

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 02:08 PM
link   
a reply to: EnigmaAgent

To piggyback: is there a second helo right near him? Because that audio sounds like a helo in close proximity. The entire time.

Weird video but I'm not even close to sold on it.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 02:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: EnigmaAgent
Why only 36 seconds? I'm calling fake CGI. The soundtrack of the helo is too continuous in volume even though the helo turns aways and moves off.

But the video shows that the helicopter never moved far enough away to make a detectable difference to the volume of its sound. Your argument is plainly wrong.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 02:18 PM
link   
I'm sure his After Effects skills will improve over time.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Not so fast... the helo banks directly away from the camera. That would make a huge change in the noise low hum of the engine on the audio. a reply to: micpsi

edit on 28/1/15 by EnigmaAgent because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 02:21 PM
link   
a reply to: micpsi
The sound would definitely change way more with the manoeuvres the heli does.

To me the sound of the helicopter is of a hovering one, not flying, so if the sound is dubbed the video has been edited, as it has been edited, it's not credible.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 02:30 PM
link   
a reply to: EnigmaAgent

Why only 36 seconds? Well it takes a lot of time to make a decent CGI video. Time this guy obviously didn't have.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 02:31 PM
link   
a reply to: micpsi

No, it's not. The audio sounds like a helo that's very close to the camera. There is zero change in the pitch and overall sound of the helo while its in flight; banking, climbing, turning, and level flight all sound exactly the same.

I'm watching on a phone, but the helo looks to be an Apache from the six pixels I can see of it. Apaches are ridiculously quiet, even when directly overhead.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 02:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Brotherman

I am taking a tally to see how many times the acronym CGI comes out in the first page or two though.

The thing is it is CGI , it's a well known and overused part of After Effects.
Here it is done properly.

Nice Moon too.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 02:40 PM
link   
i do see a blinking light but that could be easily faked

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 02:42 PM
link   
From his YouTube comments…

Quickly recorded it on the phone and have uploaded it to see whether anyone else witnessed anything similar yesterday too

Phones don't auto-focus and zoom like that.

Hoax.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 02:44 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

I sometimes want to face palm for always forgetting to put a /sarcasm in some of my posts. It's ironic cause I am a sarcastic guy. I was eluding to the thought that before the video was even watched the first page would say one line posts like

"CGI, its fake"

Personally I don't think aliens from space come here, Is there a UFO phenomenon? Sure I think that there is. I just don't think that this phenomenon is space aliens and could be something starkly different. Rendalshem forest ufo was Bullsh1t back then like this is today. LOL do you think that the ufo is going to make this dog walker write a dictionary in binary code in a few years after his youtube debut? If it did it may have some teeth cause thats what happened to the good corporal back in the day shortly after all the documentaries started surfacing about the original incident. Nah maybe if he wrote in numbers he would probably write in something more idk exotic lol like hexidemical lol. Gortex I'd buy you a beer any day of the week breh.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 02:47 PM
link   
a not so sarcastic reply to: Brotherman

You know what I do? Look at the reply tag, I think its funny that way.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 02:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Brotherman

I'll accept a virtual beer mate.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 02:50 PM
link   

To bad we got moved to hoax I'd have starred ya too breh!

CLG,

Reply tags LOL Starred (ermm Beered too)

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 04:01 PM
link   
I think someone (skeptic or bonez maybe) should do a thread pointing out all aspects of fake video's. From auto-focus to motion tracking to pixel anomalies etc.
It would serve as a great education tool for everyone and we all could learn something

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Cheers for that After FX example.

Though I would not agree that it looks better than the original video. There are are more subtle elements in the first video.
Either way, I would agree that through your example you've proved it could be easily hoaxed.

Question for me is, whenever something real is released on the tubes, how will anybody distinguish it without computer software and know-how.

Won't it just look like CGI to us, no matter what?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join