It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Men's clothing designers, new looks for 2015, are they serious? Would you wear these "outfits"?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 03:30 PM
link   
nobody ever wears stuff from these high fashion shows.. just like nobody drives concept cars from car shows. its more of an inspiration thing for other designers

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 03:57 PM
link   
The first guy is wearing nail polish. Is that a "goth" thing? I feel so old and out of place...

The 2nd guy looks like the teenage girl from the movie Beetlejuice.

At least the 1st guys dress is plaid so at least he can pretend he is Scottish and its a kilt, and he can say hes goth so that's why the nail polish, and hes a big fan if micheal jackson so thats why the red vest... Yeah, thats it... Hes a Scottish, goth, Micheal Jackson fan.

Seriously though, I think it's about the feminization of men, the blurring of the genders, erasing our identity, destroying our individuality. There's nothing wrong with being in touch with your feminine side, as a man, but cmon now, boys are boys and girls are girls. ....Right?

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 04:02 PM
link   
a reply to: 3n19m470

Blurring the gender lines, I agree with you.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 04:18 PM
link   
First I have to thank many of you for the humorous comments, I cracked up!

As for the pics, it's an ugly outfit even for a woman! These outfits wouldn't do anything to compliment a man or a woman! I'm all for being different and unique if what you are wearing is interesting, appealing and does something that compliments the wearer.

This reminds me of the type of person who paints a picture a toddler or animal could paint and sells it for a fortune thinking it's brilliant to some fool who buys it and thinks it gives him some kind of status.
edit on 28-1-2015 by Night Star because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Would not wear those if it was not because of a dare or to prove some kind of point. To showy and superficial from my point of view. But I think I would not mind testing a kilt or Monk Robes Gown or something similar if I want to let it hang lose and have increased air circulation. I do not have the body to wear a dress beautifully so I let the women/men who have it and want to do it, do it instead.

edit on 28-1-2015 by LittleByLittle because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 04:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: misskat1
I put this in fantasy, because, I think they are living in a fantasy world if they think real men will wear this crap. The men I know wouldnt be caught dead with these clothes in their closets.
The "get ups" made me laugh out loud, thought you would too. I dont know how these models can walk the cat walk with a serious look on their face.
My personal favorites:

So, Im just curious what the men on ATS think about "high" fashion in 2015? I think you would have to be "high" to wear these clothes.

www.yahoo.com...

We had some crazy 'fashions' when I grew up, but nothing like this.

Male clothing designers are by far homosexual... They design rainbowbright clothing. They can't just be "gay" they have to let the whole world know, *hey im flaming gay!*

ID
edit on 28-1-2015 by ItalianDressing because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 04:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Akragon
a reply to: misskat1

HAHHAHA!!!

No im afraid not...

Whoever designed those needs a sharp kick in the knackers for trying to make men wear dresses

Call them kilts then

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 05:01 PM
link   
BFFT got it right earlier. Most of these pieces are one of, haute couture creations that will have a few design elements carried into the fashion house's other lines and become a theme for the season.

They are really more of an artistic statement than something they would expect you to wear.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 05:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: smkymcnugget420
nobody ever wears stuff from these high fashion shows.. just like nobody drives concept cars from car shows. its more of an inspiration thing for other designers

Someone actually gets it.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Um....no. Gotta have an excellent leather coat and some denim. Kilt would be cool but it would have to be Scotian tartan:

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 05:14 PM
link   
High fashion.....because one has to be high to even consider wearing it.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 05:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: igloo

originally posted by: Akragon

HAHHAHA!!!

No im afraid not...

Whoever designed those needs a sharp kick in the knackers for trying to make men wear dresses

Call them kilts then

I would if they were kilts....

Those are dresses... and not even nice ones...

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 05:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: eeyipes
You think that's bad ... try this

Paris Menswear with Strategic ... umm ... holes ....

Don't worry, this link has all the special bits blurred out.

When I first saw an article on this "holy" menswear "trend", I thought, about time!

Women have been showing their wears for years for fashion. Men need to know what it feels like!

I've long said that the baggy pant trend was to hide the fact that there was little to nothing to see there, ha ha.

Yes, even grandmas have a sense of humor.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 05:42 PM
link   
a reply to: grandmakdw

Are you having a Borat moment?

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 05:54 PM
link   
What the heck?

Is this the metro-sexual look on steroids or what?

Is this fashion for straight or gay men?

If this is the future of manliness, there really is no hope for the world. Reminds me of the future portrayed in "Demolition Man", but way more extreme.

Help us someone! Just please help before I'm expected to wear something like this!

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 06:25 PM
link   
The first one reminded me of what it looks like when a 4 year old is left to his/her own devices when dressing ones self. It's a kilt and a vest in one piece of clothing! Oh wait that's already been invented. Think it's called a sun-dress...

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 07:39 PM
link   
Wow, that brought out my inner, repressed bully.

I'm not a macho type dude, but come on... that's just ugly.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Men don't wear outfits.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 07:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic

I can see you in the tartan.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 09:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: misskat1
I put this in fantasy, because, I think they are living in a fantasy world if they think real men will wear this crap. The men I know wouldnt be caught dead with these clothes in their closets.
The "get ups" made me laugh out loud, thought you would too. I dont know how these models can walk the cat walk with a serious look on their face.
My personal favorites:

So, Im just curious what the men on ATS think about "high" fashion in 2015? I think you would have to be "high" to wear these clothes.

www.yahoo.com...

We had some crazy 'fashions' when I grew up, but nothing like this.

OMG, no, I personally would not. But good for someone else if they wanted to.

However, I live in NYC and even more so, Brooklyn. It's the fashion capital of the US. Most def the average level of fashion or style here is much higher. THat can range from just very well swaggy normal people up to this. I like people with style, but not when it's way over the top. Then, there is the hipster land I live in in Brooklyn
Land of the urban NY hippies and hipsters.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join