It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Countries Most Likely to Survive Climate Change Infographic

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Nere's a chart depicting the areas of the world momst likely to survive climate change as stated by a group called Eco Experts based on data from the Notre Dame Global Adaptation (ND-Gain) Index. The infographic doesn't paint a pretty picture for Africa's survival as the climate changes.

Climate change is real, and it's coming. But we're all going to be affected in different ways. How will your country fare?

The folks at Eco Experts put together a great infographic based on data from the Notre Dame Global Adaptation (ND-Gain) Index, an annual ranking of which countries are best poised to adapt to a warming world.

While the maps provide a great zoomed-out perspective of what's going to happen globally as the earth warms, there are a few caveats to keep in mind when checking it out:

First, these maps are based on country rankings, not comprehensive evaluations of each country. In other words, the best-ranked countries are only as great as they seem compared to the countries that are performing less well.

Read more: uk.businessinsider.com...

This infographic is more biased toward those countries based on infrastructure vs height above sea level. For example, the US as a whole gets high marks for surviving climate change but certain areas are sure to suffer worst than others because of their height above or below sea-level. Still, this does put things in perspective in terms of climate change that I haven't seen before. What says ATS?

uk.businessinsider.com...
edit on 28-1-2015 by lostbook because: word add

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 10:02 AM
link   
Areas of the Southern US would probably hit pretty hard.

Also, I don't agree with the Japan assessment. Only the northern areas would fare well, and that's only those that survive any sea level increases. The southern regions of Japan would be pretty bad off, and being an island nation means importing food from other countries would likely have to happen to feed a hungry population is Japan's food production is affected.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 10:10 AM
link   
a reply to: lostbook

It looks like the most affected areas are not key players in global affairs. If this information is touted in the public, you may see an attitude of why worry.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Looks like almost the whole of Africa would be gone.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 10:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

And the Middle East.

I think I may go turn on all my lights and let my car idle in the driveway to help expedite the process.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 10:17 AM
link   
They should do a cooling world, it would be the opposite.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 10:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

And the Middle East.

I think I may go turn on all my lights and let my car idle in the driveway to help expedite the process.

I wish I owned a car. But I can contribute by running my AC full blast, at least. Maybe I'll light a few cigars and eat plenty of gassy green veggies too.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 10:38 AM
link   
follows country lines so no BIAS THERE!! Not to mention it's from humpbackville.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Nere's a chart depicting the areas of the world momst likely to survive climate change as stated by a group called Eco Experts based on data from the Notre Dame Global Adaptation (ND-Gain) Index. The infographic doesn't paint a pretty picture for Africa's survival as the climate changes.

I love that they name themselves the "eco experts". They MUST know what they are talking about.

No propaganda here folks.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 12:26 PM
link   

And the Middle East.

Expedite the process? What a mean thing to say.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 12:27 PM
link   
a reply to: lostbook

Why? Warmer weather is without a doubt better for the human species.

And the Middle East could use a little inundating as well.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 01:03 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Yes, and warmer weather in the northern US means less shoveling of the rooftops.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 01:07 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Hell yeah.

Me and my shovel both did not ascend the roof yesterday.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 01:09 PM
link   

a reply to: network dude

Hell yeah.

Me and my shovel both did not ascend the roof yesterday.

Wait, people shovel ROOFS in the north?

I feel privileged having grown up in a rural desert now.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 01:13 PM
link   
So why is Botswana enjoying the new weather while the rest of Africa is in the frying pan?

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Frankly, it looks like a load of old tosh to me. Look at the tiny Island of Ireland, exactly segregated as Eire and Northern Ireland is as countries, each with different albeit, 'not so bad' colour banding which actually means nothing to do with topography proper as the site, while it kind of mentions that, but without going into much in the way of detail...and yet still using the heights above sea-level as a yardstick. Lazy burgers, probably not, just trying to push the statement, "Climate change is real, and it's coming" onto people.

"much of the change in sea level will occur over several hundred or thousands of years." is one scientific quote by people meaning much the same thing as, "Climate change is real, and it's coming" Over the last few decades or more, some of those older predictive maps have the UK as dry, (Red) would you believe? while others have people walking round London wearing snorkels. Hilarious!

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 01:17 PM
link   
STOSH beat me to it lol

as stated by a group called Eco Experts based on data from

Eco Experts.......

You have got to be kidding me.......

I love how the page starts off with

Climate change is real, and it's coming

Awesome propaganda piece
edit on 1/28/2015 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 01:18 PM
link   
a reply to: ScientificRailgun

Yeah, network likes to bust my balls since I told him about that last year.

I had close to eight feet against one of the chimneys last year when we had a monster snow storm. I had to tunnel out through a window and shovel off nearly all of my roof since there was so much snow up there.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 01:25 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

But at least when you were done with all that shoveling you were able to have a cold beer.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 01:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask
STOSH beat me to it lol

as stated by a group called Eco Experts based on data from

Eco Experts.......

You have got to be kidding me.......

I love how the page starts off with

Climate change is real, and it's coming

Awesome propaganda piece
You do know that Climate Change IS real right? Nobody is debating that. It's accepted as fact. What's a point of contention is whether human beings are contributing in way that accelerates this change. The Earth goes through cycles. Scientists have known this for decades.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join