It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

“US to stage a civil war in Ukraine! (11/20/13) - BEFORE maidan [VIDEO]

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 01:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Flatcoat

originally posted by: ScientificRailgun
a reply to: Xcathdra

Holy wow.

With the current climate in Russia's government, I expect this "condemnation" will be ratified soon. Really gives you insight on how disconnected from reality Russia's government is at the moment. Though, I will say if Russia even hints at "liberating" East Germany, Putin will find NATO knocking down his door.

I think you might be blowing this a little out of proportion. According to the article they're just using it as an example to compare to the Russian "annexation" of Crimea, as a demonstration of western hypocrisy. There's no mention of "liberating" East Germany. You guy's seem to be praying for WW3....
As I stated above, I was speaking in hypotheticals. No sane leader would even consider trying to invade a NATO country, and I know Putin (while certainly unstable) isn't completely insane. We have nothing to worry about, it just gives us some insight into how the Russian government views itself.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Well...here si something worrying if Russia is protecting its "ethnic russians" in its former territories/occupied nations.

6 Serbia 241,374[note 1]
7 Croatia 240,543
8 Russia 216,291

Thats the peice of the German population that is considered russian ethnic if i am correct.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 02:19 PM
link   
As I asked in the other thread, what would the US have to gain from a destabilized Ukraine? They were already running towards the West with arms open. At least until Yanukovych became Putin's lapdog. The only one gaining from the current situation is Russia. So why are they above suspicion?

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Russia... invading...bla...another blah-blah..)))
I would recall Afghanistan as true invasion, although not aware of circumstances of that moment, too young to remember political conditions. Tell me, any one, compare two ideologies, given you are aware of how 'organism' functions, from pure human perspective, do you believe Russia is about invading countries just for the sake of expansionism?
or is is just a projection of Putin plans from your state of awareness?

Thank you.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 03:00 PM
link   
a reply to: darkorange

do you believe Russia is about invading countries just for the sake of expansionism?

It was in Crimea, and since it was part of Ukraine at the time, I would have to say yes in this case.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 03:02 PM
link   
a reply to: tsurfer2000h

What have happened in Crimea? Was is not vote of the people?

Thanks.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 03:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: darkorange

Thanks.

Not exactly. It was a vote of the Russian government. Not one "vote" in history had the reported turnout that Crimea had, nor was such a landslide. Statistically, the results of that election were technically impossible. That alone is evidence that the vote wasn't a vote of the people.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 03:50 PM
link   
a reply to: darkorange

So why weren't they given the choice of staying with Ukraine, because that is the only way you see who really wants to go back with Russia.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 03:51 PM
link   
a reply to: ScientificRailgun

That alone is evidence that the vote wasn't a vote of the people.

Not to mention the fact the Russian government spilled the beans on themselves after that election.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Is there anyone here who doesn't think the US and or NATO don't have a meddling hand in this war?

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 03:59 PM
link   
a reply to: SurrenderingAmerica

…of the US Embassy in Kiev…
…the "TechCamp" project is realised…
…under which preparations are being made for a civil war in Ukraine.

What Tech Camp does...

Looks more like people learning new technology and how to use it. Doesn't look like they are preparing for a civil war, also you do know this was done over a year before the protests began, or was even being planned.

So it looks as though he is making accusations about something that are blatantly wrong. BTW did you ever think to research Tech Camp, or did you just take this man's word for it?

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 04:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Fermy

Is there anyone here who doesn't think the US and or NATO don't have a meddling hand in this war?

Do you one even better...

How many here think Russia is the victim in this?

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 04:24 PM
link   

So, besides od reported vote, do you know what population of said lad consists of and why it is a surprise to you that majority voted to part with military anti Russian coup. Where is injustice?

Thanks.

You know, you do have you glory moment to turn opinions around. I am waiting.

Thanks.

(post by darkorange removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 04:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: darkorange

So, besides od reported vote, do you know what population of said lad consists of and why it is a surprise to you that majority voted to part with military anti Russian coup. Where is injustice?

Thanks.

You know, you do have you glory moment to turn opinions around. I am waiting.

Thanks.

Crimean Population Data (Demographics of People Living in Crimea)

Russian: 60%
Crimean Tartars: 24%
Ukrainians: 10%
Jews, Armenians, and Belarusians make up the remaining percentages.

Even if Crimea was 99% percent Russian, A voter turnout of 83% and a 98% of them voting in favor of being annexed is historically the most one-sided vote ever. Again, Statistically, it's almost impossible. In a free and fair vote, the Russian annexation may still have won (maybe), but the actual percentages would be much closer to votes the rest of the world are used to seeing, and even with a fair number of people electing not to vote at all. Average voter turnout for most Russian Parliamentary and Presidential elections is about 60% over the last ten years. Average voter turnout for Ukrainian Elections hovers around 62%. You're telling that suddenly 83% of the people in Crimea suddenly wanted to vote? And that 98% of those voters wanted to return to Russia? Again, statistically, it's nearly impossible.

Rather than refute my claims with snark and sass, why not back up your own claims with some actual data, as I have just done?

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 04:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

and another member of their Duma is passing a bill that would condemn Germany for "annexing" east Germany.

The Russian government has lost it.

funny, the exact same non sequitor comment that you made to me earlier.
edit on 28-1-2015 by AVoiceOfReason because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 05:06 PM
link   

how would statistics allow you to see into the opinions of the citizens of Crimea. its no secret to people in Russia and Ukraine who exactly the ultra nationalists are. its also no secret to them that those exact ultra nationalists took power though an illegal coup.

read all the statistics you want but it wont help you empathize with the actual people living there.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Ukraine is the victim.

(post by darkorange removed for a manners violation)

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 06:12 PM
link   
a reply to: AVoiceOfReason

Even if we ignore the ridiculous numbers Russia tried to pass off there's still the fact that Crimea weren't given the choice to stay with Ukraine. That alone means the vote is illegitimate. Then throw in the fact that you had Russian soldiers with guns in the street. I think it's pretty clear why the rest of the world doesn't accept the results of the vote.

Also, how did the "ultra nationalists" come to power when Yanukovych fled the country? The only thing that changed is that Poroschenko was voted in as President by the people. The composition of the parliament remained the exact same. Since then all nationalists have been voted out. Yet at the same time Russia has 55 nationalists in the Duma.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join