It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Third eye - with your eyes or forehead area ?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Hello All:

I have a question about the third eye. I speak to several people and have done reading on line. I have been told that when you use your third eye to see things, it is a vision in your forehead. Others say you see it with your own two eyes, not in forehead area.

Which do you think is correct?

Thanks for any advice or comments !
Cheers
San Francisco

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Isn't the 'third eye' actually the 'mind's eye'?

That was always my perception anyway. Cheers.

edit on 27/1/15 by Cobaltic1978 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 06:01 PM
link   
That's a very simplistic explanation for a complex occurrence.

It's hard to explain, frankly.

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 06:02 PM
link   
a reply to: SanFrancisco1956

I think it's both the same depending on your perception.

I once saw my room while I was meditating. For a few seconds there I thought my eyes were open. Then I opened them.

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 06:07 PM
link   
The third eye is a special wisdom, an ability comprehend things. An awareness beyond what most people have. It involves all the senses. The ability to see the truth and filter out the deceptions in this world. Some here seem to be trying to get that ability. It gives you the ability to link with others through thought so you know what many others know. This is how you gain the wisdom.

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Mine is in my forehead...upper left though if that means something. It's kind of like a small window opens up, sometimes it's light and sometimes swirling images and if I focus, things come into focus and I can actually sort of "see" things there.

I know that sounds pretty strange. But it happens.

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 06:10 PM
link   

It would be the former rather than the latter. You see nonphysical things with your nonphysical vision.

Just think of a memory, can be anything, there - you've just used your third eye. Now imagine something new which does not exist in this world (like a house or car of your own design) and you've used your third eye and willpower to create something. Finally, imagine without thinking or while in a state of letting go of expectations, to have something unknown create objects in your mind or to be receptive to some outside source. Keep on practicing and make it more real with more details and it might amount to something like spiritual visions or enhanced dreaming.

But if you could overlay those mental images onto the real world it becomes a hallucination and you might turn blind (as an extreme) or have bad vision because there are obviously nonphysical things blocking the physical vision, which would be a bad idea.

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 06:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: johnnyjoe1979

But if you could overlay those mental images onto the real world it becomes a hallucination and you might turn blind (as an extreme) or have bad vision because there are obviously nonphysical things blocking the physical vision, which would be a bad idea.

I have a slight issue with that now. Good point to bring up. Your eyes are meant to see what's there. I wouldn't practice anything that makes you have your eyes too relaxed.. Blurry. Like the way people describe "seeing auras." That and computer screens.. Also don't focus on the stuff your brain edits out.. Like the splotches and little balls that float around. Focus on that enough, and it will overlay everything in front of you. It's like having a permanent dirty lens.

I've refocused on only things that are here, and my eyes are getting back to normal now. They still need a little exercise or maybe it's my brain, not sure...

In fact trying focusing on things at differing distances and brightness levels is probably good to keep your eye muscles focusing correctly.

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Also I think the most interesting area to look for "3rd eye" type messages or perceptions or wisdom or whatever is in your dreams. Write them down remember them. Think about them. I'm noticing so many things that are bothering me, that I thought I was over. And now that I know I can work on it, or at least know why I'm so tired lately.

Your subconscious, it's crazy smart, and yet it's not all that conscious, and yet it is in a crazy way.. There is some deep knowledge down there, and with a conscious look at it you can turn that knowledge into wisdom.

You can work on being conscious in your dreams. This is an entire "3rd eye" world..
edit on 27-1-2015 by KnightLight because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 06:48 PM
link   

We see particles with our eyes, the third eye can see into the wave. If there is intelligent information in the wave it can project a image or vision, and the eyes and third eye can cross layer images in the brain. You can either have visions in the mind, or the third eye image can be kind of superimposed over the normal eye image.

This is how beings can appear to go through walls, and appear to disappear, ect... They are in the wave which you can see with the third eye, but your real eyes don't let see past the wall.
edit on 27-1-2015 by Wifibrains because: (no reason given)

edit on 27-1-2015 by Wifibrains because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 08:35 PM
link   

It is when both eyes closed...formulate an image or thought process into one. Its believed to be centered in your forehead above the two eyes. Thats why its referenced as such as a "third eye".

Close your eyes. Think of your living room. Can you see it in your mind? The drapes? The couch? The chair? Your doorway? In a way, you are using your third eye to see what both eyes would normally.

Im sure you can...in a very small way...(and not by any means even near what youre referring to)...kind of "see" that image in your head.

Of course, its much broader than that, and Ive only suggested an inference-example so you might have a point of reference.

Now...what you can DO...or learn to do with the third eye...and even what it means... and whats best to learn in how to use it...is far different.

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 08:36 PM
link   
The third eye is what your two eyes see. The image you see is in the shape of an eye if you focus on it. The "mind's eye" is what your brain processes into the image of light you see.

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 08:36 PM
link   
Ask yourself why tension / stress accumulates in the forehead.
Maybe it has something to do with, consciousness, aka the mind. In order for the mind to be able to see clearly light must first enter your consciousness, it is in that initial feeling that you can make the distinction between whether the third eye is open in your mind or closed yes third eye is in the mind. Actually it is the mind but its also your body....

If when you first wake up you can only see light with your physical eyes, as in eyes closed eyes shut, your third eye is closed. However, If when you first wake up can actually feel light entering your consciousness, through the forehead and through the mind, it means your mind is clear, and your third eye is open... Welcome to the real world...

However, it is completely open when your enlightenment is complete, when all your karmamis purified basically, becuase any tension on your mind will put stress in your forehead and that will strain the third eye meaning your experience. But don't worry! The forehead / third eye is built for taking tension! That's the beauty of it. It is unhealthy to not gain satisfaction from the learning process that life's challenges present us with though, because that is a kind of bitterness towards life that is ultmately a rejection of life.

Good luck with the platititudes and mind the attitudes, and generally dgaf what people on the internet say this is an impure medium. Remember to smile too. If it doesnt feel positive like
you're doing it wrong.
edit on 27 1 15 by funkadeliaaaa because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 08:57 PM
link   
If when people are talking about the third eye they dont mention the mind disregard everything they say, but have sympathy. Everything has a reason for being and must run its course. But these are dangerous times to get things so fundamentally wrong. So be aware of it, and take good care of yourself.

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 09:10 PM
link   
One of the subtexts of what i am saying is it is perfectly possible to have spiritual insights and experiences in the "mundane" world so long as you are karmically free enough (which many people arent), but this is not intended to sound belittling to what others have experienced, its simply to point out the link between karma and concepts...

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 09:19 PM
link   
Yes focuaing on things the physical eyes are naturally prevented by the brain from focusing on does cause them damage. As pointed out they create a kind of overlay. This is what erroneous concepts do to the third eye.

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Having an enlightened consciousness is like having very efficient garbage disposal. Stress is mess, and the quicker it is dealt with the less mess accumulates the less stressful you find it.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 01:24 AM
link   
Ok, its probably variable, person to person.

Tonight was lying down, had a flu and headache, nausea, and my head hurt bad. The light bothered me and was turned off and I kept my eyes closed, and seeing the many colors almost like nebula's and inner center of light. And it became green almost with a face, and my headache was gone. Green auric colors relate to healing and believe some healing was sent to me.

During some contact sessions, that were akin to projection. You see it all around you as if there, but you're also aware you're seeing with insight and its a vision or projection, you're aware yet its very real. That is for Family/Guides and ET. With Higher Self contact for me, which also involved a healing and a message, and the entire room brightened up enormously. Basically a few years ago was sick with the flu at that time, and the jam fell out of the fridge and made a mess. Someone had not the lid on properly. And I really didn't have the energy in me to clean it up. I was just about to get cranky and was calling out, "all right who didn't put the lid on the jam" when the room completely lit up, and within me, and without me, myself, Higher Self. I could see her too and she was remarkable. She was as if a priestess, mother, artist, scientist, teacher, with humor, all rolled up into one. And she said, "Be the warm loving ray of sunlight you are" And my frequency raised, and my health and energy was restored and was just filled with joy. Cleaned up and hugged the kids.

Edit to add, and if she had hugged me I would have felt it.

Its like an altered state where you see the vision, as if its around you, but it also seems to be a finer lighter energetic version, it pierces through your world, as if a veil lifts and you're seeing more than what you see around you.
edit on 28-1-2015 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 03:24 AM
link   
The eye that you use to see inside of yourself, the eye that you use to dream with, is your third eye, and it is possible for it to perceive your environment. When it is totally opened, you will be prone to hallucinations at first, and a lot of your subconsciousness will be exposed. You might even start hearing voices. If you are adept at lucid dreaming, you know what is real and what is not, this discernment is critical when you start to open it, because, you must know what is real and what is imaginary.

That being said, there is much effort to restrict or restrain perception with the third eye, there are many frequencies that have been proliferated that prevent it from functioning at its full capacity.

Most children have theirs open and they see an imaginary world that is full of wonder, however, when they grow up with closed minds, they end up with closed eyes. There are those whom have had theirs open for a long time, and because it is a regular fixture in their world, they do not really realise that they see a world that the average person does not.

For the person whom has opened it they report feeling a sense of "one" with their environment, however, once you get used to it being open, you cannot really remember how small the world seemed when it was closed and you cannot draw a comparison to how things were like before your eye was opened.

I must warn you, when you open the third eye, another "eye" closes, and although you will feel as if you are the only thing that exists, you will also lose your perceptions of the world that everybody else inhabits.

That is why most with an open third eye are introverted, they live in thier own worlds, and they see themselves in everything the further they progress. It reaches a level where everybody and everything "looks the same" because you are at a level of perception that is above the common level that most others are at.

Of course you will have those proclaiming that they are enlightened and can see the truth in all things, but really, it is just a novelty, and once it wears off, you will be a permanent guest in the "inner world" as opposed to the "outer world".

To elaborate about the "inner world" it is where emotions and empathy operate, and also dreams and nightmares. For that reason, those having "dreams" will be in a colourful and entertaining world (light side), however, those in the world of nightmares are very isolated and often fearful (dark side).
edit on 29-1-2015 by SystemResistor because: (no reason given)

edit on 29-1-2015 by SystemResistor because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 03:41 AM
link   

To me it feels like an energy beam shooting staight up into the universe, from the crown of my head.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join