It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Third eye - with your eyes or forehead area ?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 12:29 PM
link   
The hand is quicker then the eye.

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 01:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
The third eye is a special wisdom, an ability comprehend things. An awareness beyond what most people have. It involves all the senses. The ability to see the truth and filter out the deceptions in this world. Some here seem to be trying to get that ability. It gives you the ability to link with others through thought so you know what many others know. This is how you gain the wisdom.

rickymouse, I think that pretty much sums it up, I like the way you put it. Intuition, feeling, understanding, etc. all the intangibles that make up our "self" and help us to deal with the world around us (and within us).

I think that children express the presence of their third eye through the "imaginary friend" they often speak of. How can we be sure that they are not in contact with another being or power during those stages in life. And most of the time as they grow up and become less innocent is when the imaginary friend goes away.

And perhaps as we age and begin to appear "infirm" in our thinking, just maybe we are gaining that connection back. Who really knows? I think it is different for everyone, and possibly not even meant for everyone.

My thoughts only.
Namaste,
YogaGinns

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Very interesting thread! I started to read about this subject since i started get a pressure in the middle of my forehead. Nowadays i only feel that pressure when i trigger i myself by focusing on it. I find this very relaxing in a way, when i´m concentrating on something. Can anyone relate to that, how do you use it?

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 03:51 PM
link   
a reply to: YogaGinns

Teaching us that imaginary friends aren't real conditions us to trust humans more than our intuition. That imaginary friend may be our subconscious that is trying to communicate with us. A being inside of us that possesses a superior intelligence that can process information at light speed and relies on what we subconsciously have learned to influence us to stay out of harms way.

Society does not really like that, good consumers buying things on a whim keeps the economy going. The people running this world want us to supply them with money as one percent of everything goes to the top one percent and fuels their riches. Now. if we could see possible danger ahead, we would not need doctors or insurances. We would not need to take a trip on a cruise ship where we are exposed to many diseases. Keeping this communication hidden from us keeps us as sheep, trusting in others to live. This communication with our subconscious can possibly also be a path to communication with others we are related to or have something in common with. Someone sees a person wavering down the road and you are behind them. You decide to pull into the gas station to get a Soda, you are now out of harms way.

There is much more to this than meets the eye. We are told this communication does not exist, I believe it does. We are just taught that it does not exist and we are told to trust in those who gain by us not understanding how to use this gift. If we could sense if someone was trying to scam us, someone with power, we would not follow them.

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 07:11 PM
link   
What is referred to as the third eye consists of all the senses, physically and spiritually, our two eyes are a part of it.

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 07:19 PM
link   
In my understanding, the "third eye" usually refers to the pineal gland, which plays a part in sensitivity to metaphysical / psychic phenomena. It could be very crudely compared to an organic antenna that's sensitive to those kinds of "frequencies". It's also associated with neurotransmitter levels and melatonin, yet was assumed to be a vestigial organ not long ago.

The pineal gland can become calcified from high levels of fluoride in the body and affect not only psychic awareness, but also neurotransmitter levels and melatonin metabolism. Calcification of the pineal gland has also been associated with symptoms of schizophrenia. This will not be publicly acknowledged by the medical association anytime soon, as it would be another reason for massive class action lawsuits to flood our court systems. In the AMA's thoughts, it's better swept under the rug for now and let someone else deal with it later.

As for it being associated with an "eye", our thoughts tend to go where our eyes go. Magicians make use of this by distracting our thoughts by getting our eyes to follow movement. "Out of sight, out of mind". The energy patterns created during meditation can be strongly affected by having the eyes open, as it tends to direct the thoughts outward and often towards a certain point, rather than inward or beyond our normal vision range. The pineal is another organ that can detect energies and be used to direct thoughts, the same as our eyes detect light.

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 07:28 PM
link   
Some people have more of this ability than others naturally. If one isn't taught how to restrain themselves, they can unknowingly hurt people by being brutally honest and harsh -- for these people can see through deceptions and really see the "heart" of the matter.

Sometimes people really, really, reeeeeally don't need to be told the truth when they haven't even asked for it. Sometimes, its just better to keep to ones self.

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 08:01 PM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

To that I say, time is a healer.

But, when it comes to peoples delusions, the longer they live by them the more suffering they cause themselves in the long term. I've seen it first hand, up close and personal on too many occasions to be able to just ignore it and not want to reach out to people.
edit on 2 2 15 by funkadeliaaaa because: (no reason given)

Depending on the topic of course.
edit on 2 2 15 by funkadeliaaaa because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 03:14 AM
link   
a reply to: SanFrancisco1956

An exercise of the imagination will provide the answer...

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join