It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Encounter: The Beast of Bray Road

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 04:31 PM
link   
a reply to: CallmeRaskolnikov

I'm definitely going to have to look more into that skinwalker thing--the part about the rotted flesh is strange! I'll download that pdf and give it a read.

Yeah the la bete du gevaudan is definitely the closest description to what I--and the others I know around here--have seen.

What I find weird about that story is that although they 'killed it' the attacks continued--meaning that they didn't kill it and only killed a normal wolf imo. So that would mean that the lifespan is crazy long. Or something.

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 04:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: rukia
a reply to: Tangerine

Uh, I didn't scream. And yeah the dude's working as a psychologist. And she's a journalist. What's your point?

Oh, and I have photographic memory--and I remember being born. Sorry that makes you jelly I guess? lol can you nitpick somewhere else? I already said I don't care if you don't believe me. The things you have an issue with aren't even issues so...move along, buddy.

You remember being born? You can't be serious!
That's even less likely than the OP in my opinion.

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 10:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Chemicalbrother

originally posted by: rukia
a reply to: Tangerine

Uh, I didn't scream. And yeah the dude's working as a psychologist. And she's a journalist. What's your point?

Oh, and I have photographic memory--and I remember being born. Sorry that makes you jelly I guess? lol can you nitpick somewhere else? I already said I don't care if you don't believe me. The things you have an issue with aren't even issues so...move along, buddy.

You remember being born? You can't be serious!
That's even less likely than the OP in my opinion.

there are actually lots of people on this site and elsewhere (if you do a search) that say they remember being born, remember being in the womb, remember being reincarnated etc. so it's really not that far fetched of an idea. again science has "established" something as common knowledge when in reality there are always exceptions to the rule.

but, that is truly a matter for another thread...

getting back to dogman....

rukia,

the part about the wolf they encountered at skinwalker is one of the first chapters in the book and it's also one of the best chapters in there i think.

also i forgot to mention that there is this guy on youtube who has his own channel under the name "Dogman Encounters" who has about 20+ videos so far consisting of audio interviews with people from all over who have had various experiences with encountering Dogmen. They are pretty good. I've listened to several so far and it's a very honest, very straightforward format. Just regular old people telling their stories. You can literally still hear the fear in some of these people's voices who have had experiences decades ago but still cant seem to shake off the effect that the experience had on them.

just goes to show how many people from all over are having these types of experiences. and id say for every 1 person who has the guts to come forward to share, there are probably 5 people that don't feel comfortable sharing.

edit on 4-2-2015 by CallmeRaskolnikov because: cleaning up

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 05:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Chemicalbrother

hate to break it to you but I am serious.

I've led an unlikely life. Plenty of people have. And that's why I'm here on ATS. To document the seemingly unbelievable things that I've encountered during my short life. I do remember being born--I remember telling my parents when I could speak (I spoke in full sentences and was fluent in English by 9 months old) that I remembered before I was born and being born. I told them exactly what happened when I was born, how the doctor carried me to the sink to wash me off (which felt so weird after coming out of the womb lemme tell ya), and the color of the walls. There are no pictures of the room I was born in. The color of the walls was different than the room where my mother has pics of her holding me after I'm all swaddled up. The color of the room I was born in was a light green (tiled walls). The patient rooms have peach colored tiles.

So, the fact that my parents believe me is good enough for me.

Don't worry, my seventh grade science teacher didn't believe me and called it impossible. Doesn't change the fact that it's true.

I've always been fully conscious and sentient. People joke with me and say I have the memory of an elephant--haha and I tend to agree. I can literally relive my life in my head like a movie anytime I want to because I remember things like that. I also have an IQ that is within the 99th to 100th percentile according to the Terra Nova test which is accepted by MENSA. I was in the National Honor Society. I am an AP Honor Scholar. I was the captain of my high school speaking team for 2 consecutive years. I have volunteered in my community extensively. I am an alumnus of the Falls-Sussex Youth Leadership Program. I am a published writer--got my short story published when I was in 5th grade. I went to Loyola University Chicago--and was also accepted into Lawrence and Marquette (probably going to Lawrence once my mom gets better, hopefully).

I am not a professional yet so those are my only credentials.

Even so, I think that the possibility that I'm correct is actually quite high.

But, believe what you want. I wish that I had a normal boring life at times. You have no idea how difficult it is to be myself with others. I have luckily found some great friends who accept me for who I am. I've always kept very tight-lipped about my weird experiences. Until the situation in the OP happened. And until I found ATS and read things that helped me come to terms with myself. Then I realized that I had a duty to fulfill--sharing the unedited truth of everything that I've ever had happen to me--even at the cost of my 'image'. Which is why I agreed to be on Haunted Highway. I kinda had to be talked into it though, Linda Godfrey had spoken with me a number of times at this point when she asked me first if I'd be willing to take a lie-detector test (to which I answered of course I'd be willing to) and then if I'd be willing to go on TV. I said not really but she talked me into it and I agreed and am glad that I did.

But anyway, if you think it's unbelievable now, you just wait! lol This was the first installment. There's more to come. And some of it is way more unbelievable than this thread, imo. But you'll be happy to hear that I have witnesses for two of my other incidents who ALSO SAW what I saw. I'll get to those threads as soon as one of my witnesses gets to 20 posts so that he can accept u2us and help me answer any questions. ^_^

I'm actually rather afraid of the repercussions of sharing stuff. Especially since you all know who I am, now. Actually, I am one of those people who would have seen anyone being a member here as being a weirdo or possibly insane--back when I was into denying what I'd experienced when I was little and back before my eyes got opened again. So, anyone saying something is unbelievable but is still a member here seems sort of contradictory in a sense, y'know? Unless all your here for is the news or something. Point is, being a cynic isn't healthy. Socrates warned against it. It's great to be a skeptic. I'm a skeptic myself--funnily enough.

You pointing out that it's unbelievable is sort of ok captain obvious, if you'll forgive me for saying that. But it should go without saying that what I relayed sounds, to put it kindly, totally nucking futs. I already know this. But unfortunately it all happened. Being crazy would be much easier than being sane, I think. Then I could be happy knowing that it's all ok and that I'm just nuts. But that isn't the case.

My motive isn't attention or sympathy or anything like that. What I want is simple: if I can help even one person out there feel better and know that they're not alone then any ridicule I get is worth it. I have been lucky to have people by my side throughout my life who listen to me and believe me when I tell them something. I am very loved and have been blessed in my life. Not everyone has, though. Plenty of people probably have even weirder things happen to them than what happened to me--but maybe nobody listens to them or maybe their parents blew them off and then they sink into depression or worse. I can't imagine how sad and lonely it must feel. So, I'll trash my name and my reputation if that's what it comes to. Because I think that sharing is the noble and right thing to do. If I can help anyone realize that they're not alone then I've accomplished what I wanted.

I get no comfort in the fact that I'm right. In fact, it scares me. And I think the thought of me being right scares you, too. Which is normal and perfectly acceptable. Maybe just admit that. You don't have to believe me, but I only hope that you never experience anything so weird that it makes you change your mind. I think you're lucky to think the way you do. And I don't blame you in the slightest.

At the very least, I hope I entertained you. Sorry if my candidness and honesty makes you disbelieve me. I'm here to help others and return the favor that many of you have given me.

Sometimes the truth is weirder than fiction. JS.
edit on 4-2-2015 by rukia because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 07:28 PM
link   
a reply to: rukia

The Bray Road Beast apparently is a phenomena of it's own (serched for a lot of alternatives before finding it.. last lol) although your description varies a bit I think, everyone else here said the eyes were yellow:
www.gods-and-monsters.com...

Origins of werewolves (at least in the region)
www.gods-and-monsters.com...

Anyways perhaps pointless but here's some other possibilities I found and read about:

Faerie Dogs English Mythology
This is a peculiar creature I came across in The Fantasy Encyclopedia by Judy Allen, and it is a lesser-known part of English mythology. They say that a certain crossroads are a door to another world, the world of the faeries and the gods and demons that act in ways that we don’t usually see. Every now and then, these crossroads will have a peculiar occupant—the faerie dog. These aren’t the puppies you and I know—these dogs are bright green and will bark once or twice as a warning. But upon the third bark, the listener is doomed. Perhaps throwing a bone might help?

Gwyllgi - Welsh Mythology
Think of this creature as the faerie dog’s demonic, scarier, and darker cousin. All of Britain has legends of black dogs that portend certain doom, but Wales has one with a much better title—the dog of darkness. As with all scary, black, ethereal dogs, they are said to haunt lonely country roads and scare the living daylights out of travelers. The dog’s appearance is said to be a dark omen, but isn’t that obvious? Why would you assume a demonic hound with night-black fur was anything but bad?
Source: listverse.com...

And a few others:
en.wikipedia.org...
en.wikipedia.org...
en.wikipedia.org...
en.wikipedia.org...

hmm well you know my viewpoints from the other topic.

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Could you try drawning what you've seen? I'm looking towards becoming an artist and i love to see the drawnings of the witness sightings. I could also help us visualize what you have seen. By your descriptions that thing is more like a lycan than a werewolf (big and muscular.)

Amazing history by the way.

posted on Apr, 26 2015 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Well, if you assume a certain level of exaggeration out of fear and an active imagination a lot of this is consistent with what you might encounter with a mountain lion. I have seen plenty of strange stuff, had a mountain lion attack my car, and at close quarters it had a very Hollywood similar in many respects to what was described. Just giving you my perspective and not to pop any bubbles.

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 11:37 PM
link   
On my way back to Chicago, where it is safe. LOL
The park pull in on the rustic roads was easy to find, once I got to Holy Hill. The whole area feels very strange. No sighting, but anyone who would drive around there in the snow, has bigger balls than me. I'm from Ohio, so I'm sure any local could find it very easily.

posted on May, 28 2015 @ 01:19 AM
link   

Holy hill is one of the coolest places to visit and hogs back road is a blast thanks for the story. That entire area is not only cool but weird. Whenever I visit holy hill the hair on the back of my neck stands up.

Thanks for the story OP. And thankfully we get a couple of months before the Siberian Wi winter comes back again........I hate the cold.....HATE IT.

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 04:36 PM
link   
My fellow Wisconsinite,

I have been a student of demonology, and this sounds simply like some kind of demonic creature that just is not meant to be here. And, I don't care what anybody thinks either. There are a lot of rumors that in the end of this age, certain beings and creatures will somehow re-materialize into this dimension. They will respond to all the same spiritual rules. And one rule is that if you are a child of Jesus Christ, nothing formed against you will prosper. Again, I don't...even...care what you think internet.

I hope this also means we get to see an Angel or two. I only want 5 minutes...

Any human being in this age can call on the name of Jesus and be saved from such evil. Thanks for demonstrating that yet again. Its not just a born-again thing. I would have used an AK-47 first though, trust me.

Now, this is coming from a man who has been very open minded about such things. There have been creatures that we have not discovered as well. I believe in the North American ape man. There were encounters with them by early settlers/invaders in the US. I am certain we have Bigfoots in Wisconsin.

posted on Dec, 27 2015 @ 01:09 AM
link   
Well that is pretty cool and for what its worth I believe you Leanne as I too have had paranormal stuff smack me upside the head. I am sad to hear you are not single though cause I had a feeling you were a gorgeous lady (I totally did not stalk your forum posts awhile back). On the bright side though if things don't work out for you and your fiance just shout out on the forums here and let us comfort you and just so you and any other above top ladies know I am single and available.

posted on Dec, 27 2015 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Your story makes it sound like a certain giant mutated iguana in a game series every lone wanderer fears...

I doubt saying Jesus is gonna stop it...A gun with Cross Hairs, with a lot of ammo maybe.
edit on 27-12-2015 by Specimen because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2015 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Maybe what you say out the window was your own reflection or your friends just set you up. I see no other logical explanations.

Oh and Haunted highway is just another manufactured crock of crapola to keep the sheeeple distracted.
edit on 27-12-2015 by Soloprotocol because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2015 @ 12:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Specimen
Your story makes it sound like a certain giant mutated iguana in a game series every lone wanderer fears...

I doubt saying Jesus is gonna stop it...A gun with Cross Hairs, with a lot of ammo maybe.

In all the close encounters with the Beast, the creature seem to have curiosity and interest in humans, it would try to check it out and then leave. It's the same curiosity of a shark, when it sees a human, it goes check it out, but when it sees it's not a natural prey, it leaves, or look at it for a while before leaving.

And on the Deathclaw..yeah, it would be pretty terrifing to fight one of these, i mean, those bastards can take rockets!
edit on 28-12-2015 by Frocharocha because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2015 @ 10:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Frocharocha

Thing is, how could something so big, and apparently dominating go un seen or not be documented for so long. Wikipedia describes the Bray Beast as having brown gray hair, where as Rukia description has it having a reddish brown. And Sharks test their curiosity by doing test bites to see if it their natural prey, like when a Shark attacks a surfer, even though they can smell blood from miles. Why wouldn't such a creature do the same thing with the two guys or the car.

Does saying Jesus scare a Grizzly bear....

No it doesn't, instead it get more madder because it thinks your challenging it by yelling it and bearing you teeth.
[
edit on 28-12-2015 by Specimen because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2015 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Thing is, how could something so big, and apparently dominating go un seen or not be documented for so long. Wikipedia describes the Bray Beast as having brown gray hair, where as Rukia description has it having a reddish brown. And Sharks test their curiosity by doing test bites to see if it their natural prey, like when a Shark attacks a surfer, even though they can smell blood from miles. Why wouldn't such a creature do the same thing with the two guys or the car.

No it doesn't, instead it get more madder because it thinks your challenging it by yelling it and bearing you teeth.
[

But if there is a supernatural element to the Bray Road beast, then it would, or at least could. The way she described its reaction seems to answer the supernatural aspect.
There was another report of the thing by a guy who worked for the county picking up dead deer and such, and one of the beasts took a dead deer out of the back of his truck and took off with it LOL.
Another report by a woman says she saw a beast eating roadkill and it had yellow glowing eyes.
I think I'll stay far away from Bray Road. Wisconsin even..

posted on Dec, 28 2015 @ 11:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: NoCorruptionAllowed

[

But if there is a supernatural element to the Bray Road beast, then it would, or at least could. The way she described its reaction seems to answer the supernatural aspect.
There was another report of the thing by a guy who worked for the county picking up dead deer and such, and one of the beasts took a dead deer out of the back of his truck and took off with it LOL.
Another report by a woman says she saw a beast eating roadkill and it had yellow glowing eyes.
I think I'll stay far away from Bray Road. Wisconsin even..

Would or could, stop a soul starved beast? Saying Jesus in the dark ages didn't help, anyone. Instead God got more grizzly like that bear.

Thats the thing though, a Shark will always bite, and leave it mark...Why hasn't such a beast or group beast done the same thing, unless it that intelligent.
edit on 28-12-2015 by Specimen because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2015 @ 12:04 AM
link   
You've got a terrifically great imagination, Rukia! I mean, outside of the fact that you really saw this thing. Your experience is well written and fairly lovely and shows a great memory and imagination. But I believe you really saw something. That's the trick, tho. Ain't it? Take care of yourself as best you can.

Love always,
Lou.

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 02:22 PM
link   
a reply to: geezlouise

Thank you very much! I love writing--it's my passion. Being an only child, my imagination is quite good. Had to keep myself entertained, after all! That's why this experience was so striking. It wasn't something I could have ever imagined. Not that you can imagine something into reality. I'm just glad I wasn't alone. That would be really traumatic. I think I'll be all right--I don't know why I've had these experiences but I'm sure they happened for a reason.

a reply to: Specimen

It's hard to believe sometimes, even for me. And no, no grizzly bear. It wasn't normal. I am very familiar with how all animals look. I love museums and stuff. It wasn't anything I was ever expecting to see. It shouldn't exist. It didn't seem possible even as I was looking it dead in the eye. I think they're underground. That's my theory. They also might just be spiritual in nature and not really alive at all. Honestly, I have no idea. Those were very good questions that I wish I had the answers to.

But saying Jesus really does help. The song came into my head unbidden--and then I remembered what I had to do, which is run to God. If you run to God, you're never going to regret it. Though I wonder how much it really did help in the olden days. I had about as much chance of living through the encounter as someone would have back then, I think. The car door wasn't going to stop it. It was really frightening.

COME TO WISCONSIN. Come...meet YOUR DOOM!!
*howls*

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

let's do lunch
edit on 30-12-2015 by rukia because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 02:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Soloprotocol

That's just silly. But if it makes you feel better, you can believe whatever you'd like.

My story is true, though. And I know what I saw. A reflection? You have got to be kidding me. Also, I don't really know why you'd call out the show... haunted highway is actually pretty legit, with regards to paranormal shows. Jack Osborne and Devin and the others have a bit of integrity and aren't interested in bull#. They know this stuff is real--and approach it logically. Sure, it's also entertainment, but they don't add anything that didn't actually happen. Linda Godfrey is also really nice and smart. And if it weren't for her asking me and helping me understand that I could potentially help people by sharing my story, then you wouldn't know any of this and I wouldn't be having to write this rebuttal to your post. I didn't want to go on T.V. But I did it because all I was doing was telling the truth. Telling the truth is easy because it happened and you don't have to remember anything. If you can't tell that I was telling the truth, then nothing I say is going to convince you otherwise. So please, enjoy living in your fantasy. I understand that accepting what I say as truth is a very scary thing to ask you to do. And you don't have to believe it. But not believing in it isn't going to save you if it comes looking for you. That's all. I hope you never have to worry about it. But it's not really that weird--my life is actually really normal, all things considered. It's not like I have these things jumping me every day or anything. Now that would be really weird!
edit on 30-12-2015 by rukia because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join