It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Encounter: The Beast of Bray Road

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 03:49 PM
link   
a reply to: rukia

I'm wondering if you have seen some mythical creature. I don't know if any folk lore was taken to the US...

Perhaps a Troll?

In Norse mythology, troll, like thurs, is a term applied to jötnar, and are mentioned throughout the Old Norse corpus. In Old Norse sources, trolls are said to dwell in isolated mountains, rocks, and caves.

the term is used to denote various beings such as a giant or mountain-dweller, a witch, an abnormally strong or large or ugly person, an evil spirit, a ghost, a blámaðr, a magical boar, a heathen demi-god, a demon, a brunnmigi or a berserk.

Some of the jötnar are attributed with hideous appearances – claws, fangs, and deformed features, apart from a generally hideous size.

en.m.wikipedia.org...

edit on 27-1-2015 by Wifibrains because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Dbl post

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Troll hunter-great film, always take a camera if on a mission,no excuses.

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 03:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Fermy

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 04:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Wifibrains
I can understand, if in doubt, place a bucket over your head. Of course, a camera that incorporates a flashgun helps.
Dirty, bridge fouling stinkers.

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 09:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: rukia
a reply to: ccseagull

Honestly, yeah I think it was a demon. I've seen a demon before--when I was about 2 or 3 years old (and also one more time after this encounter--about a year later and in a totally different setting). The eyes were the same. But the feeling of fear I got from this one is the most fear I've felt ever bar none.

That's the other reason I joined ATS. Gonna make a thread in Paranormal Studies about the other weird encounters that I mentioned sooner or later. Once my buddy KingKelson gets his darn 20 posts so he can help me tell what happened and answer PMs and such.

Yeah, demons seem to be interested in me for some reason. I don't know why. It kinda sucks. I really hope I never see anything again but I have a sinking feeling that I might. Not looking forward to it lol

Oh, and I should mention: I've also spoken to a psychologist about this encounter because I wanted to know if I'm just nucking futs or whatever. The psychologist (David Drajkowski) told me that I'm not mentally ill or hallucinating and that he believes that I saw what I saw--but he doesn't know what it was and the fact that I saw this kinda scares him (understandably) but he believes me. Which is a relief.

Yeah, I don't want to find it again. But I do want to seal it away if possible. I forget the show but I saw this one story about this town that was assailed by a flying bat monster with red eyes. To get rid of it they sealed its den. They had pictures. It was one of those shows on Travel Channel I think. American Monsters maybe.

David Drajkowski is not a psychologist. Linda Godfrey may collect stories about werewolves, etc., but she's not a journalist. She wrote for a weekly shopper. Interesting that the guys pushing the car didn't hear you scream, either.

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Wow, what a story. Really amazing stuff. I've been interested in the dogman for a while. Seems Wisconsin in general has a lot of sightings all over the state. I really couldn't imagine having something like that in the back of my mind while I was traveling about. I mean the description you gave was terrifying and the carcasses. Missing dogs. Not a good sign. I think your feeling that there are more than just 1 roaming around is correct.

I've heard of others having sightings and finding giant holes near trees, like a den they carved out. The person in question kinda poked his head in and said the smell was aweful. However, they saw one of these things on their property afterward.

So if you're in the woods and you see one of those holes watch out. Take your scent into consideration. Chances are this thing has a sense of smell far better than any normal dog or wolf. Scent masking may work to some degree. But, you don't want this thing following your scent. Even if you're driving after walking around.

Someone else mentioned their sighting was during a waxing moon. I'm curious if you remember what the moon was like on that night with the car? Maybe they are more active during particular moon phases.

Also interesting about the demon comment. It's good to hear that the internal prayers worked to ward the thing off. I've had some demonic encounters myself and it can be traumatizing without a doubt. But it's good to know that saying a prayer and calming oneself can be extremely effective against things.

Bookmarking this threads. S&F. I look forward to reading more posts in here.
edit on 27-1-2015 by CallmeRaskolnikov because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 09:27 PM
link   
i feel the need to point out that , while you may want to keep your faith out of this, you pointed out that demons seem to be interested in you. Also, that you had help breaking its gaze, as well as calling on a higher power for aid. I would suggest that you are interesting to them because you may be important in some way. A shining light, or beacon, drawing them in like a moth to a flame. Or maybe they wish to harm you for a specific reason known only to them.

Or maybe i just watch too much TV. But I loved you story. I am compelled by peoples stories when a skeptic becomes a believer. Suddenly the myth is real and the crackpots are on to something. Doesn't matter if its UFO's, bigfoot, ghosts, or Bray road beast. Once you have an experience, the veil is lifted....

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 11:41 PM
link   
What color was it's fur?
Can you give an aproximate Height?
Was it flat footed or dgitigrade like a dog?
Did is make any howling or noises?

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 12:16 AM
link   
I believe he said it was a waxing moon. Also if im not mistaken it is waxing currently and I do recall a thread about dogs going missing in Colorado... Hmm
maybe.. a reply to: CallmeRaskolnikov

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 03:48 AM
link   
I always find the red eyes interesting. While I believe (or hope) such creatures exist, I have never had any type of encounter. But on the red eyes I always think how that seems to be common on many mysterious beings. Like maybe their eyes evolved for a different place...maybe where they actually reside. And that somehow (dimensional?) they wander over to our dimension? That would help account for seeing them being so rare, the lack (usually) of physical evidence and their ability to hide so well.

Just my two cents.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 04:17 AM
link   
Wow what a great recollection. Lots of details in the description of this thing. I'm glad you made it out of there alive to tell the tale! I've been seeing you around here lately and I think you are a good person. I guess its just a hunch. A hunch based on experience watching people and the subtle clues you can pick up but not really put your finger on what they actually are. Take care.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 10:40 AM
link   
This reminds me of Skinwalker ranch and all the crazy animal like creatures many witnessed there, where there seemed to be some kind of portal from the spiritual realm into our reality. If you're not pulling our legs, I think there is only one thing this can be - demonic.

It reminds me also of a haunted house story I saw years ago where a dark shadowy creature would semi-materialize that was very large and ape like but had very long arms down to almost the ground. When they saw it, it looked out of focus or like they were looking at it through slightly smoked glass like it couldn't form fully in our reality.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 07:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3n19m470
Wow what a great recollection. Lots of details in the description of this thing. I'm glad you made it out of there alive to tell the tale! I've been seeing you around here lately and I think you are a good person. I guess its just a hunch. A hunch based on experience watching people and the subtle clues you can pick up but not really put your finger on what they actually are. Take care.

Way too much description, in my opinion. The car is pushed into a snowbank my something unknown but powerful. Frightening growling sounds are heard and a couple of the car's occupants jump out to push the car out of the snowbank. The OP, alone, sees a 9' tall, terrifying "demon" that she feels certain can tear open the car and kill her. What does she do? Does she scream? Nope. Does she warn those outside in imminent danger of being torn apart? Nope. She sits there noting minute details.

Did the others notice the 9' tall "demon" standing there in the moonlight practically within arm's reach? Nope.

Oh, and this isn't the first demon she's seen! She saw one when she was one or two years old. Sure. Most people have no memory of being that age. Now put these stories into the context of her religious beliefs.

She also claims to have seen a psychologist who (check it out yourself), isn't a psychologist. She thinks Linda Godfrey is a journalist. In other words, she plays fast and loose with details.

This one doesn't come close to passing the smell test.

edit on 28-1-2015 by Tangerine because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-1-2015 by Tangerine because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 09:07 PM
link   
Hmmm... Kettle Moraine looks like a nice camping area, even if some planned future outing doesn't encounter or find any proof of this monster. Some areas of that park seem to have a lot of restrictions on things that make noise, makes me wonder if previous visitors had caused things to happen which have gone unreported or kept under wraps by park management? (Of course having peace and quiet in a natural area doesn't hurt either.)

The place also has a bit of history with some weirdness. Reports of unknown animals dating at least back to the 1970's, and even a UFO story.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 10:17 PM
link   
Sounds pretty freaky. But the mind can play tricks when encountering something it has not seen before or being in a situation of fear, but I do not think any natural animal has an internal light retention retina, you know inner glow like you described. Though you probably should have kept the picture of the dead deers, but I can see how that stuff would not be important as live goes on. In all, who knows what it was.

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 02:22 AM
link   
Hi Rukia, I am very close to the area, although I don't live in that specific spot I have done cycling rides out there for years. Usually start out in Lyons and move west. Hospital rd. ALWAYS gives me the creeps. I have never seen anything.

I don't know what age you are but in the eighties, when I was a teen, there were a lot of stories about satanic rituals taking place in various locations, our group of kids actually came upon a decapitated calf and a skinned dog, near the road, not out in the woods. Wondered if you'd ever heard anything like that? Back then, Bray rd. area, Bong airbase area and Palmyra areas were talked about. A LOT. My brother in law actually sought shelter in a barn while deer hunting out near Palmyra when a storm blew up and walked right into some occult ritual taking place. Even weirder was this property was exactly parallel with a church camp property.

Anyway, I guess what I am asking is, did you ever feel that the "beast" sightings were or might in any way be connected to the satanic ritual topic or are you too young to have any knowledge of it?

Thanks!

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 09:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Tangerine

Uh, I didn't scream. And yeah the dude's working as a psychologist. And she's a journalist. What's your point?

Oh, and I have photographic memory--and I remember being born. Sorry that makes you jelly I guess? lol can you nitpick somewhere else? I already said I don't care if you don't believe me. The things you have an issue with aren't even issues so...move along, buddy.
edit on 29-1-2015 by rukia because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 09:17 AM
link   
a reply to: shockedonlooker

I've heard about those rituals, too but I don't know much about them. Only that I guess they happened. And yeah, I was born in 91 so I think I'm a bit too young for that--I also wasn't born in wisconsin.

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 05:38 PM
link   

91 was a great year to be born in.... I should know

Thanks for this interesting story. I see no reason for you or anyone else who shares these stories to lie. Of course, people are sceptical - more so this website!

But I remain intregued - It's crazy though how something so big and strong can remain folk lore - It makes you wonder, do they have the mental ability to know when to "attack" and when to hide? Do they have the wherewithal to stay hidden for so many years?

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join