It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Panicked super rich buying boltholes with private airstrips to escape if poor rise up

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 10:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: stolencar18

2. Quit getting pointless college degrees in useless fields. No one wants a history degree or a womens lit major, etc. Get a degree in something where the world is growing. Can't afford 2-4 years of college? Learn a trade.

There's work out there. All over the place. Trouble is most of the people like you are too lazy to get your hands dirty or get a job that they feel is "beneath them".

NOT this again, THERE IS NO SHORTAGE OF STEM GRADUATES IN THE UNITED STATES. In addition, there are far more business majors being minted every year, than all of the humanities type degrees COMBINED.

Since Americans have ACTIVELY chosen to abandon Unionization and other forms of Collective Bargaining, regular people have lost nearly all means to negotiate stable income streams from the "owners of capital". These days if someone doesn't get into a formal Apprentice program that leads to Journeyman status, they must then attend a trade school to enter the profession (less unions and overall membership, means proportionately LESS of these apprenticeships being available). Trade school tuition is funded by individuals in the same manner as 4-year College degrees TODAY.

So with that said, I will begin with the usual assertion I hear in regards to the impact of the soon to be real, “future-tech jobs", which contrary to beliefs of some, includes the traditional trades and currently have related "proprietary tech" that will not be repairable, only "replaceable by a certified/licensed tech".

“Someone has to get paid to fix the robots!”

I often hear this above noted rebuttal to mass automation in the workplace.

Many people generally do not bother to ask themselves because they have no first hand experience, would future robotics consulting companies prefer to hire low work-experienced graduates, whom have demonstrated HANDS-ON, non-professional robotics experience, in the form of a “hobby portfolio”; OR graduates with no “hobby portfolio” experience, whom worked hard to graduate with a difficult major, but didn’t have as much free time to develop skills specifically related to their major and instead have a long list of work experience, flipping burgers etc, unrelated to their major?

I’m seeing this already happening in many different engineering fields, where the young workers being hired today are from wealthy families and great colleges, while at the same time are being trained by older folks whom were NOT as privileged in their youth, but got through school the old fashioned way and were trained on the job, while paid, over long periods of time. This certainly is no longer an option in 2014 and beyond, because companies would prefer to churn experienced staff from other companies, rather than train fresh graduates in-house.

Here is a modern example of a company with a big guaranteed contract to fill and absolutely no "will" to increase wages to attract experience personnel, nor the desire to train inexperienced ones to do the job. Instead they put out a story on the web bellyaching about skilled labor shortages:

bridgemi.com...

In the link below this paragraph I have posted an example of what I believe to be a young person, from a well off family, who majored in robotics at USC. She doesn’t appear to have had an unrelated part-time jobs to her major, while in college. She also seem to have had lots time to “experiment” with technology in her spare time, got a masters degree back to back to the bachelors AND at the end of the day, got a job offer at a University sponsored dinner party for robotics majors. NOBODY I went to college with, EVER, got a job offer at a university sponsored dinner party. In contrast I’m sure many Ivy league and top 10 school graduates do however. My point being, these future “robot repair jobs” are going to require smart kids, with desire to advance, whom also went to good schools, had lots of spare time and money to play with the tech outside of school AND got their jobs offered at dinner parties, some of which will be non-paying internships at first. That means only highly educated "rich kids" will have a chance to get these open positions. These jobs will not be gotten through sending out blind jobs applications or web job boards, as was done in the 20th century. Basically what this girl is doing for Disney, will in the near future, be more like what a plumber or electrician of today does, EXCEPT you won’t get trained on the job, in a low-pay apprenticeship when at “entry level”. In fact to even be considered for these “future-tech jobs” in the first place you’ll need to have good academic pedigree, lots of unpaid hobby time and 1+ years of unpaid internships.

Here is her story, readers can decide for themselves, my opinion is that this is what a career for a plumber is going to look like in 15+ years:

onedublin.org...

Keeping up with the basics in terms of education and on-the-job work skills won’t be enough for jobs requiring future tech, labor market, skill-sets (i.e. robot repair). The poor and even the middle class (not the upper middle class) will simply NOT be able to keep up with the skill demands for future employment, REQUIRED CERTIFICATIONS, STATE LICENSING, etc, while earning wages AND keeping a roof over their heads. In the future these very high costs skills needed to stay “relevant” in ALL labor markets, will only be affordable to the rich, or at the very least, to VERY far forward thinking middle class families, willing to sacrifice everything financially to keep their offspring competitive in the larger job market.

I believe “rich kid job mobility" is going to be a bigger problem for regular folks, beyond even what the previous "rich kid" pedigree typically brought in the 20th century. This unfettered access to endless money and time to “explore” academics and hands-on work, with NO consequences, is going to END job mobility of any kind for the lower and middle classes, even those whom have met the typical required higher education and work experience standards. Its going to be a superstar only job market, with no room for middle of road folks.

This is a huge issue for people "earning their own way" through college and not on their parents dollar. They simply can not compete with rich kids anymore, no matter how you slice it. Employers these days "prefer" this kind of graduate, so there is a HUGE public policy issue brewing on the horizon for the 99%, that can't send their kid to MIT and then pay their living expenses for 2 years after graduation, while they do unpaid internships, just so they can get a shot at an entry level job.
edit on 28-1-2015 by boohoo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 10:58 AM
link   
a reply to: boohoo
Keep my advice to people that are worried about whether or not they can afford to send their kids to a good college is if it is that big of a concern then don't have kids if you can't affor them . Now there are several ways you can accomplish this
1.while having sex pull penis out of vagina before sperm comes out
2.use condom
3.have anal and oral sex
4.have vasectomy
Problem solved now you don't have to worry about sending your kids to expensive college!
Now if you think I'm being a hypocrite I'll tell you what me and my wife did. We only had one child and we worked hard and saved money so he could go to a private college because he wants to be a doctor and so far his first year is going great! If you can't afford kids don't have them on the other hand it's not fair that the politicians let buisness owners hire illegal aliens which drives down wages and corporate welfare is wrong also!
I don't see anything wrong with rich people sending their kids to good colleges but they should play by the same rules the rest of society plays by. I've always been a conservative but when I saw these massive bank bailouts happenin and executives still getting huge bonuses on the taxpayer dime then it's obvious game is rigged and we are not all playing by the same rules!

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 11:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: ugmold
a reply to: TrueAmerican
Lets preempt and get them now.

I feel so dirty reading that and liking it too.
That kind of dirt WILL rinse off though.

I still believe down somewhere just in my damned feathers
there's a special and much hotter place for the usurers.
Just more fairy tales. Back to work for me; I'm retired now
and get to work for myself after 40 or 45 years. Woot.

PS a star for attitude. I'd feed you belt if I was close by.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 11:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: tiberius10721
Keep my advice to people that are worried about whether or not they can afford to send their kids to a good college is if it is that big of a concern then don't have kids if you can't affor them . Now there are several ways you can accomplish this
2.use condom
3.have anal and oral sex
4.have vasectomy
Problem solved now you don't have to worry about sending your kids to expensive college!
Now if you think I'm being a hypocrite I'll tell you what me and my wife did. We only had one child and we worked hard and saved money so he could go to a private college because he wants to be a doctor and so far his first year is going great! If you can't afford kids don't have them on the other hand it's not fair that the politicians let buisness owners hire illegal aliens which drives down wages and corporate welfare is wrong also!
I don't see anything wrong with rich people sending their kids to good colleges but they should play by the same rules the rest of society plays by. I've always been a conservative but when I saw these massive bank bailouts happenin and executives still getting huge bonuses on the taxpayer dime then it's obvious game is rigged and we are not all playing by the same rules!

Sooo.... Lemme get this straight... Your best argument for a salient breakdown of how the deck is being stacked higher and higher in favor of the wealthy is basically If You're Poor Don't Breed...? Followed up by a completely unnecessarily raunchy instruction checklist on how to accomplish that.

Yup. Well, I'm convinced. Everyone should totally listen to you. Your authority and knowledge has overwhelmed me.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 12:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: redhorse

2.use condom
3.have anal and oral sex
4.have vasectomy

Sooo.... Lemme get this straight... Your best argument for a salient breakdown of how the deck is being stacked higher and higher in favor of the wealthy is basically If You're Poor Don't Breed...? Followed up by a completely unnecessarily raunchy instruction checklist on how to accomplish that.

Yup. Well, I'm convinced. Everyone should totally listen to you. Your authority and knowledge has overwhelmed me.

Don't have children you can't afford. I have one child. My wife and I didn't have that child until we were solidly stable in our careers and could afford it. This isn't rocket science. The odds of a couple or child being raised in poverty is practically zero when both parents are present.

I mentored a poor kid for five years. He lived in a small 1 bedroom apartment with his mom and older sister. His sister was probably 30 years old living at home with a fairly low paying job. This chick gets herself pregnant. WTF? That kid is basically doomed from the start. The chick can't afford to get out of the house, but she is going to "raise a child"?

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 01:09 PM
link   
a reply to: redhorse

Okay explain to me why if you are poor you would breed? Why if you are poor would you want to have kids that you can't afford? Are you telling me poor people are to stupid to know how to practice birth control?
I would like to see what would happen if all welfare benefits were phased out over 5 years I bet people would think twice before having kids they can't afford!
edit on 28-1-2015 by tiberius10721 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 01:18 PM
link   
a reply to: tiberius10721

Religion, ignorance, lack of money. Even the poor fall in love. Why don't you quit using the toilet so we can get rid of pubic services. That's is how lame your argument is.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 01:22 PM
link   

a reply to: redhorse

Okay explain to me why if you are poor you would breed? Why if you are poor would you want to have kids that you can't afford? Are you telling me poor people are to stupid to know how to practice birth control?
I would like to see what would happen if all welfare benefits were phased out over 5 years I bet people would think twice before having kids they can't afford!

There must be something in the water poor folks drink. I mean poor folks breed like rabbits around here. Every 14 or 15 year old seems to have a kid. Grandmothers are like 35 years old here in Chicago. I can't figure it out. It isn't like they have a farm to attend to. For some reason, the "rich" never seem to have kids out of wedlock. Must be some kind of illuminati conspiracy.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 01:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: MOMof3

Religion, ignorance, lack of money. Even the poor fall in love. Why don't you quit using the toilet so we can get rid of pubic services. That's is how lame your argument is.

More like ignorance. Poor people do things that keep them poor. Having children out of wedlock is the primary cause of poverty today. Too many people simply do not understand cause and effect.

The reality is that there is NO EXCUSE for it. Condoms are free. Birth control is practically free. You can always go for the money shot too. Or you can just keep your legs closed.

I'm not saying people have to be celibate, but you also have to take responsibility for your actions. My wife and I certainly didn't wait till marriage, but we ALWAYS used multiple methods of birth control. It was until we were married AND financially ready that we stopped . Very much a conscious decision.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Oh, so only the wealthy should be afforded "the pursuit of happiness?

Maybe it should be left up to you who qualifies to have that right?

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 01:32 PM
link   
a reply to: MOMof3

Calling my argument lame?
1.religion=so you are saying my taxes are paying for people's religious belief to breed?
2.ignorance?= people don't know sticking penis in vagina and cumming in it creates children?
3. Lack of money?ok so poor people can afford beer and cigs but not condoms?
As far as why don't we get rid of public services I pay taxes for those services!how old are you 6? Even my 18 year old understands this concept!
Are you telling me poor people have no control over how many kids they have? Isn't that arrogant on your part assuming poor people are to stupid to control how many kids they have?

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 01:37 PM
link   
a reply to: ladyinwaiting

Did I ever say only wealthy people should be afforded the persuit of happiness? What I'm saying is everybody is responsible for how many children they have? Why are you saying people have to have multiple children to be happy? Me personally if I had a bunch of kids i could not clothe ,feed and educate properly I couldn't live with myself does this belief make me arrogant and if it does how so?

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 01:56 PM
link   

People make mistakes. I went on the pill when it came out in the sixties. Had I listened to the preacher, I would not have and probably would have gotten pregnant too. Fortunately, I had an aunt who explained to me that the preacher won't provide for a baby.

Ignorance is believing, oh it won't happen to me.

But, I understand your point of view. The children need to pay for the sins of the father.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 02:12 PM
link   
a reply to: DarthFazer

Your analogy is basically that of survival of the fittest.

Yeah well that is what capitalism IS.

Not the bullsnip being peddled in this thread that comes straight out of the communist manifesto.

Bourgeoisie and Proletariat what the modern day folk call the rich, and poor.

Social Engineering is not working.

It has been a colossal waste of money on trying to shape the environment to suit the most mediocre of people.

That is the complete antithesis of how humans supposedly became top of the GD food chain.

Every single person has the ability to adapt to our environment.

For the folks that claim to believe in science needs to start showing they do.

That science is called EVOLUTION.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 02:13 PM
link   
a reply to: MOMof3

I totally understand when an unplanned pregnancy happens but there is a big difference between having one unplanned pregnancy and having 5 kids you can't afford! Also it's not always about money there are a lot of rich people that should not have kids because the children get neglected because the parents have no interest in making time for them.
The point I'm making is that having a child is serious business and should not be taken lightly they are like little sponges growing up and they soak up everything they experience in the environment around them and what we teach them!

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 02:16 PM
link   
I don’t believe this article at all.

I read it and it offers little real proof that these people are afraid of Ferguson or OCW.

I wish they were. They should be, since the greedy rich are truly responsible for the economic strangulation in the world.

Also the super rich, as someone already pointed out, have always had their havens all over the world.

Anyway, what are they worried about. What they have done is basically bribe the leaders who they elect through their contributions.

That’s the only thing they have to worry about is if a government they already bribed turns against them.

That’s why they bribe them in the first place.

If you look at history the only time the rich were turned against was the French revolution. That was the government who for a time went after some of the elite.

But that ended and things went back to as usual.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 02:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jamie1

originally posted by: infinityorder

Nobody demands everyone gets paid the same...they demand to make enough for food and shelter when they work 40 hours.

Then maybe they should get more education, more experience, and more skills so they can provide more value and get paid more money.

So it's perfectly acceptable to you that our current economic rules allow for a large segment of society to remain working and poor? Do you suggest that everybody just become engineers and then nobody will stock the shelves in the grocery stores or clean the floors at night?

What you are suggesting is impossible. You would simply end up with tons of people trying to pay off their student debt with their McDonalds jobs.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 02:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

I concur with you I highly doubt the super rich are worried at all. On the other hand I think the politicians are very worried about social unrest. During the Great Depression times were tough but people were also tough. If a great depression hit I don't think people could handle it. Maybe I'm wrong but I just don't see today's society working together through a depression.
Also being a doomsday prepped will not help much either because having extra food and supplies in your house will just make you more of a target.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 02:30 PM
link   
What this world needs is an honest government, the opposite of a clown and shyster like Obama.

What that government would do is reign in these international pigs and indict some of them for their economic crimes against humanity.

Indeed, in China they have the death penalty for many of the swindles these reprobates do.

That should come to the West in some form.

And that’s what would put the fear of God in these pigs

But where in the West can we get a government to do this?

They are ALL bought and paid for COD!

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 02:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Cuervo

You make a good point there is a good solution to this problem but it requires thinking outside the box.

1.stop all legal and illegal immigration that will drive wages up it creates higher demand.
2.phase out all welfare programs over 5 years this forces people sitting on their couch to go out and work the jobs that illegal immigrants are working.
3.heavy fines and prison time for businesses that hire employees that do not have a legal right to work in your country!
4.massively cut govt spending make govt employees that are not needed go out and get real jobs! Ex=dept of education,dept of agriculture,dept of energy.
5.spend less money on prisons if criminal does something bad enough that gets them more than 10 years then give them death penalty with one year of appeals
6.stop all corporate welfare!
7. If a war is started all relatives who are of age of all politicians have to serve on front lines army or marine corps
See I just solved all the worlds problems!

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join