It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Panicked super rich buying boltholes with private airstrips to escape if poor rise up

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Many wealthy people are just like anyone else, but they are accustomed to the lifestyle they were born into, so try to keep up that income. Most don't necessarily have any ill intentions toward anyone.

This is not to say that some do not do some really blatantly irresponsible and inconsiderate things to make their money.
edit on 27-1-2015 by nOraKat because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 05:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cloudbuster
Yeah our f^#£ed up government keeps selling land to rich bas tards from overseas country's for their little safe havens while Kiwis can't afford to buy land or houses anymore. Rise up I tell you, rise up.

The frigging prime minister was hedge fund manager what do you expect?

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 05:55 PM
link   
a reply to: nOraKat

I fully realize that, as I've said, but it does not change the problem, nor the nature of it. My problem is more with corporations and banks than individuals. Innocent individuals always end up caught in the crossfire when victims are forced to fight back against their oppressors.

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 06:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Puppylove
a reply to: nOraKat

I fully realize that, as I've said, but it does not change the problem, nor the nature of it. My problem is more with corporations and banks than individuals. Innocent individuals always end up caught in the crossfire when victims are forced to fight back against their oppressors.

Corporations are practically A.I., but programmed with policies, regulations, etc. But when all they care about is their own bottom line, they are a sociopathic A.I. Sociopaths should not be allowed to have political, financial, or religious power.

👣

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 06:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
No the amount of money in the system is very much relevant. What they call INFLATION.

The amount of money in the system only matters as far as being able to compare proportions. Lets talk in percentage terms, you put in 8 hours a day to a business and you get 3% of their revenue in return as your compensation. It doesn't matter if inflation puts the scale of that pay in the 10's, 100's, or 1000's, you're still taking home 3%. Similarly that loaf of bread costs 1% of your earnings. Regardless of if we're talking about 1 thousand, 1 million, 1 billion, 1 trillion, or 1 quadrillion dollars in the system these numbers all remain in proportion. That is what's supposed to happen as inflation happens, it increases both pay and costs.

However, that is not what has been happening in the US for the past 30 years. The cost of goods is inflating faster than the rate of wages. This results in less disposable income among ordinary workers, which means they buy fewer things as they have less purchasing power. For the bottom 90% of wage earners this has been true to larger and larger degrees the further down the scale you go.

Intentionally discounting compensation of employees get in the form of benefits plus their hourly wages ?

Like SS contributions,medicare contributions,work mans compensation insurance, and unemployment insurance. Then there is holiday pay, an vacation pay.

Minimum wage gets none of that. No sick days, no vacation days, no holiday pay, no overtime pay. The only ones you do get are the employer mandated unemployment insurance (which is finding it's pay outs and durations cut more and more), SS when you retire (like anyone my age is actually going to get that), and medicare contributions. However workmans comp and Medicare are hardly considered employee benefits. Furthermore, you have to climb further and further up the income scale these days to actually get some of those other perks like overtime, or holiday pay, or vacations, or even paid sick leave.

Benefits are declining for just about everyone and purchasing power has sharply declined.

I'm reposting info I just posted in another thread here recently but here's some examples. Lets compare the costs of several items at the time of minimum wage increases going all the way back to 1956. We'll use 1 year tuition at UPenn, the average home, 1 gallon of gas, (education, college, and fuel being our 3 largest expenses typically) and a Big Mac (because of the Big Mac Index)

Year -- UPenn -- Home -- Gas -- Big Mac
1956 -- 800 ---- 11700 ---- 0.22 -- 0.32
1967 -- 1770 --- 22300 ---- 0.33 -- 0.45
1979 -- 5250 --- 58100 ---- 0.86 -- 1.20
1985 -- 9525 --- 87900 ---- 1.20 -- 1.60
1992 -- 15198 - 124500 --- 1.13 -- 2.19
2003 -- 26282 - 194100 --- 1.72 -- 2.90
2013 -- 40954 - 311400 --- 3.49 -- 4.20

Now lets look at how many minutes of work it takes to purchase each of those at minimum wage:
Year -- UPenn -- Home ----- Gas -- Big Mac
1956 -- 800.00 -- 11700.00 -- 0.22 -- 0.32
1967 -- 1264.29 - 15928.57 -- 0.24 -- 0.32
1979 -- 2625.00 - 29050.00 -- 0.43 -- 0.60
1985 -- 2877.64 - 36555.89 -- 0.36 -- 0.48
1992 -- 3999.47 - 32763.16 -- 0.30 -- 0.58
2003 -- 5113.23 - 37762.85 -- 0.33 -- 0.56
2013 -- 5648.83 - 42951.72 -- 0.48 -- 0.58

Over the past 30 years a low wage worker has found their ability to purchase an education by 1/2, over the past 60 years it has been cut by 6/7. There are 2080 hours of work in a year if you work 40 hours/week, 60 years ago you could purchase a home with 5.6 years of work or 20% of your minimum wage income over 28 years (much better than the percentage of todays rent for low wage earners). Today you would have to work and save 100% of your income for 21 years to purchase a house. Gas is twice as expensive, and a trip to Mcdonalds is just under twice as expensive.

This is a problem, and every year we don't address it only compounds the issue. It's something that's going to take decades of changes to our pay structure to reverse, it's not as simple as decreeing $15/hour as the new minimum wage ($15/hour happens to be far too low according to this data btw).
edit on 27-1-2015 by Aazadan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 06:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: boohoo

Basically we have TOO many people being born and not enough desire on the behalf of the “owners of capital” to employ them all for the sake of having a stable and safe civilization to live in day to day. The Owners of Capital want more people born, not simply for “growing the future tax base”, but for the true purpose of DECREASING overall wages for everyone.

You bring up a good point here.
The rich elite ask why do people have more children than they can afford?

The question can be turned around on them by asking, why do they want more people in our job markets via China, Mexico and so?

The answer is the same in both cases.
They want those extra people as monetary benefit to themselves and want others to pay for it.

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 06:25 PM
link   
That people of means and power have their escape route plotted out is nothing new. It has been that way for decades, centuries even. A popular uprising is probably the last of their worries, its far more likely they trip up on their own wrongdoings when its turned against them by one of their rivals in the even their own hold on power loosens.

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Many forget that we now live in what "could" be considered a fascist country, with oligopolies running it behind the scenes. What usually results in this kind of situation is, the "owners of capital" will "legislate" mandatory purchases in the future, if revenue does not match their expectations or projections (for the good of the nation of course, i.e., Too-Big-to-Fail).

Exactly
This guy gets it

Like "Obamaphones" brought to you by the Telecom Industry
Bank Bail Outs by the Finance Industry
Bail Outs for the Health Insurance Industry

It is Corporate Fascism

They all need to be thrown out of the government

During the Soviet Union, one of the biggest propaganda pieces we used against them was the level of inequality in their country between the Soviet Government and the rest of the people.

Now it seems it is A OK where we have the top 1% Crony Fascists in Bed with the Government and then there is everyone else.

It does not matter if the government is controlling the large corporations or the corporations are controlling the government. The end result is the same.

In 1970, we had 200 lobby offices in DC
Today there are thousands of corporate and banking lobby offices in DC
edit on 27-1-2015 by jacobe001 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 06:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: MOMof3
We will find another way around.

What way, wandering nomadic tribes?

There's a tax on that too, its called a citation in most jurisdictions.

Police served homeless people in the city with almost 40,000 citations over a five-year period

They have to keep us all on the plantation. People speak of "freedom" and alternatives and it is all BS.
Your only alternative is to funnel money to Wall Street and Government.

You are not allowed to go out in the wild and make it on your own. It is either all federal or private land.

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 06:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: jacobe001

Many forget that we now live in what "could" be considered a fascist country, with oligopolies running it behind the scenes. What usually results in this kind of situation is, the "owners of capital" will "legislate" mandatory purchases in the future, if revenue does not match their expectations or projections (for the good of the nation of course, i.e., Too-Big-to-Fail).

Exactly
This guy gets it

Like "Obamaphones" brought to you by the Telecom Industry
Bank Bail Outs by the Finance Industry
Bail Outs for the Health Insurance Industry

It is Corporate Fascism

They all need to be thrown out of the government

During the Soviet Union, one of the biggest propaganda pieces we used against them was the level of inequality in their country between the Soviet Government and the rest of the people.

Now it seems it is A OK where we have the top 1% Crony Fascists in Bed with the Government and then there is everyone else.

It does not matter if the government is controlling the large corporations or the corporations are controlling the government. The end result is the same.

In 1970, we had 200 lobby offices in DC
Today there are thousands of corporate and banking lobby offices in DC

The trouble is its a numbers game, that left to its own devices would end in chaos. These people know that ,as long as they have fifty per cent on side , this is enough to keep the remainder in line. This is about the maximum that can be sustained. The poorly organised and dumber end up in the lower fifty, and in jail. The ones in the upper fifty, will have motivation to keep the lower in line. At the threshold level the lower hopefuls tow the line and kiss ass, to get a bit of the action, this orders the whole system. Which keeps any organised change at bay.

The problem happens when an outside force, impacts this status quo, like during the first War when a whole generation of upper class men got killed off, the society took years to get back to this equilibrium. Or during the second one where during the reconstruction pay rates were reasonable. Or the black death etc. Which forced the payment of labour up to reasonable levels. This is a bleak historical fact. On the way human society organises itself.

It forces the individual to look after himself, a dog eat dog mentality, which is more prevalent in the lower fifty.

edit on 27-1-2015 by anonentity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 06:58 PM
link   
a reply to: TrueAmerican

Your only source is the mirror?

While I would not doubt it, I find using yellow rags as a source for a post to be misleading, cheap, lazy, sensationalistic.

On page 2 is a story about bat boy. lol

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 07:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
a reply to: Aazadan

The amount of money in the system is irrelevant when you're measuring minutes of work to purchase something

No the amount of money in the system is very much relevant. What they call INFLATION.

25 cents an hour eh?

Intentionally discounting compensation of employees get in the form of benefits plus their hourly wages ?

Like SS contributions,medicare contributions,work mans compensation insurance, and unemployment insurance. Then there is holiday pay, an vacation pay.

Sounds like it.

This income inequality bull snip intentionally ignores employee compensation benefits.

Bs..most employees will never be hurt on the job...so get no benefit from workman's comp...most will not live to get SS so they get no benefit....the rich ass business sees all the gains of others labors now....and I mean right now.

New car..check..new second home..check...etc...

All the while their workers never have a single new car their entire lives....never own a single home...always hungry...never have the money to buy things they and their kids need...not want need.

The rich are too greedy...they take too much...they give too little the the folks putting in the work that actually makes all the money.

Sell your corprocratic vs elsewhere it is absolute bs and everyone knows it.

If a man works 40 hours at any job he should be able to afford food and shelter.

Crack your extra home or new boat or fourth car...your people are hungry.

They don't want a new can another home or extra any things....they want basic necessities like shelter and food and water

What kind of sicko supports having many times more than they could use at the expense of the people working to make that money starving on the streets?

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 07:26 PM
link   
Lets preempt and get them now.

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 08:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jamie1

originally posted by: infinityorder

Nobody demands everyone gets paid the same...they demand to make enough for food and shelter when they work 40 hours.

Then maybe they should get more education, more experience, and more skills so they can provide more value and get paid more money.

I reckon cleaners provide excellent 'value'. I certainly don't want to clean public toilets/bathrooms etc...

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 08:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: bbracken677

Your only source is the mirror?

While I would not doubt it, I find using yellow rags as a source for a post to be misleading, cheap, lazy, sensationalistic.

On page 2 is a story about bat boy. lol

Here's a New Zealand link.

"I know hedge fund managers all over the world who are buying airstrips and farms in places like New Zealand because they think they need a getaway," former hedge fund director Robert Johnson has told the Davos World Economic Forum.

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 09:45 PM
link   
Behind the hyperbole, teams and unthinking cliches' there is a truth.... being:

Economic inequality is growing... to a point that is simply unsustainable.

Another truth is that there are enough goods to support everyone.

In "fixing" this disparity, in the macro sense, a few things get overlooked... like the "rich" won't then, necessarily, be reduced to poverty and we don't have to erase individual rights to achieve a better world.

It is perfectly possible to plan the economy and make it more "fair" and not lose individual freedoms/rights in some communistic nightmare.

It's not either/or... we can shape our own destiny and truly, anything is possible. Simple math and a sense of justice can enable great things.

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 09:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Baddogma

I agree, but it's not in our power to do anything about it, the government is the puppet of our corporate masters. It's in their power to fix things, they refuse, choosing instead to see how far they can push us til we stop bending to the crack of the whip and accepting our daily gruel.
edit on PMTue, 27 Jan 2015 21:55:15 -060027America/Chicago1052015Tuesdayf by Puppylove because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 10:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: framedragged
Now you all know the truth. The protagonist in every apocalypse movie is a survivor from the .1%

LOL, true dat.

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 10:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Puppylove

Powerlessness is a state of mind. We didn't get to this point instantly and we won't fix it in a snap, either. Small local efforts can combine and effect mass change.

I get the situation and the fact most are in the thrall of economic pressures so that those with enough are not motivated to change it and those with barely enough to function don't have the time to do anything but work their lives away.

But memes are powerful and the sense of fairness is innate in humans from birth, according to some studies, so I have hope rationality and kindness will prevail.

One meme to push is that those who are benefiting from this feudalism won't be punished for working the unfair system in their favor... but if all else fails, desperate measures will prevail... as has always happened throughout history, eventually.

Hopefully, kind, clear thinkers will lead us to a universally brighter future... before bloodshed and chaos does it for them.

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 10:10 PM
link   
an evacuation plan on the door mebel-price.ru... of this ashkenaz urbanculture.in...

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join