It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BLIZZARD! Jan 25-27, 2015 N.E./Mid Atlantic USA

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 01:18 PM
link   
a reply to: AccessDenied

I hope you got plenty of bread, milk, and eggs.
(not sure why everyone craves french toast during a winter storm, but whatever creams your twinkie)

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 01:26 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Where was it that I saw French Toast Alert? I think it was Watt's.

At any rate, usually I don't mind some winter weather, but I'm still nursing a bum ankle. The last thing I need is some snow and ice to complicate that walking issue. Thankfully, the folks of the east cost seem to be soaking up the wintry stuff this year. Maybe it'll hold off my area for another week or two.

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 01:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
Where was it that I saw French Toast Alert?

Mayor Nutter (Mayor of Philly) was on tv a couple hours ago updating on the storm and he said the same thing .. everyone seems to want to have French Toast during snow storms. I guess people come to that conclusion because everyone cleans out the stores of milk, bread, and eggs.
edit on 1/26/2015 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Guess I'll be playing GTA IV and snacking at my apartment all day tomorrow
LEGGOOOOO
a reply to: FlyersFan

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 01:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: AccessDenied

originally posted by: FlyersFan
They have seriously dialed us back here in the Philly area.

We went from a Winter Storm warning to a Winter Weather advisory.

I doubt I'll even have to get the shovel out. Dodged the bullet I think ...
We have gone from Winter storm warning to blizzard warning. Gonna be a direct hit. See ya in three days...

Hopes you stay warm and have all that you need on hand

My hubby's made it to JFK and he said all flights after 6pm are cancelled. His leaves at 5pm for Oakland, keeping my fingers crossed for sure. I will keep watching flighttracker or flightaware, one of those. Still calling for 4-8"s here, that's doable. LOL No choice in it anyway.
edit on 26-1-2015 by TM62 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 02:04 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Yea, but if you bust your ass on ice, you have a good excuse.
Currently, what's your story for the bum ankle? (better make it good, everyone is watching/listening)

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Famous words from former Buffalo mayor Jimmy Griffin that all should heed: "Go home, buy a six pack of beer, and watch a good football game."

Better advice never given when faced with a blizzard! Unfortunately there are no football games scheduled, but you could play games with the family. Great thing about snow, you have a free refrigerator for your beer.

One last bit of wisdom I learned while in Buffalo. Before shoveling or running your snow blower, place 2 beers in the snow bank to enjoy when the job is finished.

Good luck to those in the hardest hit areas.

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 02:20 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

I wish it was good, but I just stepped off the porch wrong walking out the door on the day after Christmas getting ready to leave to go to my folks to celebrate with family. Tore the ligaments in my ankle and spent the whole time on crutches after an ER visit.

I did finally get all the bruising out of my toes.

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 02:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: TM62

originally posted by: Anyafaj

My hubby leaves Vermont BTV at 11:00am. He has a flight leaving out of JFK for northern Cali at 5pm. I hope his timing is okay and he doesn't get stuck at JFK.

He has a 4hr layover in NYC? Crazy!!

You might want to check his flight number.

3000 flights cancelled

Check which flight has been cancelled?

JFK Cancellations

TY so much! His flight is still a go
Here in the northern Adirondacks we are supposed to get 6-10 inches Tuesday, that's enough for me to not drive to work, it's like 44miles to Lake Placid where I work on Tuesdays. Blah, don't work don't get paid either, better that then stuck in the snow away from home, thanks again Take care you all!

Anytime, I remembered seeing on Drudge about the flight cancellations, so I figured I'd post a link for you. Luckily the link had another link to all the JFK cancellations for you to check.

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 03:02 PM
link   

a reply to: Daughter2

He's had this flight booked since late November and he's not fond of snow, LOL he is a native Californian! So I'm sure he will tough it out and hopefully make it out before it gets too crazy.

Heck, I'm a native from Joisey and I hate this crap! LOL But deal with it I must. I grew up in the California valley and spent time in Georgia. I LOVE hot, humid, sticky weather. I'll take that any day of the week. I'm used to it being 90's and 100 with a humidity of 120 or some nonsense. Give me barefoot weather and I'm a happy camper. My daughter and I joke that "Snow" is a swear word in my house. LOL

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 03:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv
Here in central Texas, it's going to be sunny and almost 80 degrees this week. I wouldn't want a blizzard, but a little snow during the winter would be nice. Oh well, I'll put my shorts on and go for a walk.

Can we switch?

Pretty please? I'll give you my weather, you give me yours?

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 03:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan
They have seriously dialed us back here in the Philly area.

We went from a Winter Storm warning to a Winter Weather advisory.

I doubt I'll even have to get the shovel out. Dodged the bullet I think ...

That's what we're at too Flyers. Winter Weather Advisory. I went to look at the news site to see what counties were affected and got the 504 Server Overload. Apparently I wasn't the only one looking. LOL

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Just came back home. Driving 20-25 mph was a torture after one hour. Took me like triple time to made it and so close to have an accident. Hey my friends....., stay at home, stay at home, stay at home. Your family needs you.

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Remember this one New York Times readers?

If greenhouse gas emissions continue to rise — they grew 41 percent between 1990 and 2008 — then snowfall, winter and skiing will no longer exist as we know them by the end of the century.

You guys better pop open your windows and start breathing heavy since travel is banned.

Maybe your snow would disappear faster then.

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 09:36 PM
link   
This:

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 09:55 PM
link   
Well.. I'm here on the eastern end of Long Island and as of 10:55pm EST it has just picked up big time. Winds have got to be gusting in the 50-60mph range. Not that much snow. Maybe 6" or so. The heavy stuff hasn't dropped yet. I'm just worried about trees coming down tonight.

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 09:59 PM
link   
Boston south. 6"" on the ground at this time and the wind is starting to howl.
Hoping everyone on the Scituate waterfront has a piece of 3/4 plywood nailed over every window and storm door. It's gonna be a doozy.

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 09:59 PM
link   
What a horrific storm. Definitely will be keeping an eye on this while it progresses!
Hoping this comes and goes as quickly as possible.

S+F

~Sovereign
edit on 572015vAmerica/ChicagoMon, 26 Jan 2015 22:03:57 -0600America/Chicago03101America/Chicago by SovereignEve because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 02:03 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

Who else came in here expecting something about Blizzard Entertainment?

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 02:18 AM
link   
So a non-event?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join