It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BLIZZARD! Jan 25-27, 2015 N.E./Mid Atlantic USA

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 06:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: _BoneZ_

originally posted by: FlyersFan

Boosted the heat up in the house so if the power goes out hopefully the pipes won't bust.

You don't have to waste gas or electric to turn up the heat to warm the pipes. You just need to let the water slowly trickle out of the faucets. Constantly moving water will keep the pipes from freezing.

We're getting that snow today, but only 1-3 inches. Good luck with that snow storm!

ETA> The Blizzard Watch says that the temps will be in the 20's during the event, so the chances of pipes freezing is low.

I'll add that you can also open up the cabinets below the sinks, too. And make sure you have outdoor faucet protectors put on.

Good luck!!! I have lived in Missouri, Illinois and Michigan so I understand what you're up against!

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 06:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star
I'm in Rhode Island. Got my groceries and munchies, I'm all set.

If the power goes out make sure you have a manual can opener. Believe it or not, people forget this small but important item.

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 06:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: AccessDenied

originally posted by: Trueman

originally posted by: AccessDenied
They are calling it the "winter whallop" here in Nova Scotia.

When they give a name to this things is a bad sign. Like "Thundersnow" or "Polar Vortex".
They have given it the official name of "Superstorm Juno" according to a local radio station. Last time they did that it was "White Juan",and it did shut everyone down for days. Fun times on the way...

Thanks for the update. Now we know when they give it a name, what to expect.

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 07:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: TM62
My hubby leaves Vermont BTV at 11:00am. He has a flight leaving out of JFK for northern Cali at 5pm. I hope his timing is okay and he doesn't get stuck at JFK.

He has a 4hr layover in NYC? Crazy!!

You might want to check his flight number.

3000 flights cancelled

Check which flight has been cancelled?

JFK Cancellations

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 07:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Anyafaj

My hubby leaves Vermont BTV at 11:00am. He has a flight leaving out of JFK for northern Cali at 5pm. I hope his timing is okay and he doesn't get stuck at JFK.

3000 flights cancelled

JFK Cancellations

TY so much! His flight is still a go
Here in the northern Adirondacks we are supposed to get 6-10 inches Tuesday, that's enough for me to not drive to work, it's like 44miles to Lake Placid where I work on Tuesdays. Blah, don't work don't get paid either, better that then stuck in the snow away from home, thanks again Take care you all!

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 07:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Anyafaj

3000 flights cancelled

JFK Cancellations

TY so much! His flight is still a go
Here in the northern Adirondacks we are supposed to get 6-10 inches Tuesday, that's enough for me to not drive to work, it's like 44miles to Lake Placid where I work on Tuesdays. Blah, don't work don't get paid either, better that then stuck in the snow away from home, thanks again Take care you all!

Call the airline, even though it's not officially cancelled they will probably let him rebook free on another flight. You really don't want to be stuck in NYC airport over two days.
edit on January 26th 2015 by Daughter2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 07:20 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

I am in south western PA and you can add us to your map! We got at least 6 inches last night and we are supposed to get 8 more inches tonight!!

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 07:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Daughter2

He's had this flight booked since late November and he's not fond of snow, LOL he is a native Californian! So I'm sure he will tough it out and hopefully make it out before it gets too crazy.

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 07:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Chrisfishenstein

Is it at least light fluffy powder snow?

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 07:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Krakatoa

Honestly I haven't been outside yet! I just looked outside and said holy crap we got some snow last night! So I looked at our forecast and we are supposed to get another close to a foot of snow tonight from this! 14inches in 2 days is a lot of snow regardless of what kind it is....

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 07:27 AM
link   

Pffft.

So far its been a let down.

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 07:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion

Pffft.

So far its been a let down.

Dude, you are in effing palm beach....No wonder! Come on a nice drive up the east coast and come see for yourself!

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 07:38 AM
link   
Here in central Texas, it's going to be sunny and almost 80 degrees this week. I wouldn't want a blizzard, but a little snow during the winter would be nice. Oh well, I'll put my shorts on and go for a walk.

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 07:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv
Here in central Texas, it's going to be sunny and almost 80 degrees this week. I wouldn't want a blizzard, but a little snow during the winter would be nice. Oh well, I'll put my shorts on and go for a walk.

Dick.....hahahahaha

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 07:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv

You jinxed it! Now we probably won't get snow but we'll get debilitating ice in February. I'll take the warm weather over snow. I've had enough snow living in the midwest to last me a lifetime!

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 07:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Chrisfishenstein

If it makes you feel any better, we are getting a wet cool front this weekend. It's going to get down in the 50's!

The only bad thing that happens here in the winter is when the temps get below freezing and there is precipitation. When there's ice on the roads, we simply shut the whole city down. That hasn't happened yet this year.

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 07:50 AM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

Yeah I know ice and snow are much worse there...You guys just aren't simply prepared for anything like this...We are, so it will be like any other day/days up here in winter!

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 09:11 AM
link   
They have seriously dialed us back here in the Philly area.

We went from a Winter Storm warning to a Winter Weather advisory.

I doubt I'll even have to get the shovel out. Dodged the bullet I think ...

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 11:06 AM
link   

I don't own a snow shovel anymore.

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 11:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan
They have seriously dialed us back here in the Philly area.

We went from a Winter Storm warning to a Winter Weather advisory.

I doubt I'll even have to get the shovel out. Dodged the bullet I think ...
We have gone from Winter storm warning to blizzard warning. Gonna be a direct hit. See ya in three days...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join