It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BLIZZARD! Jan 25-27, 2015 N.E./Mid Atlantic USA

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 03:09 AM
link   
Boston South
Over a foot down now, this thing just starting to ramp, winds picked up and horizontal snow.

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 03:57 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 04:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude
a reply to: AccessDenied

I hope you got plenty of bread, milk, and eggs.
(not sure why everyone craves french toast during a winter storm, but whatever creams your twinkie)

No french toast...but I got my STORM CHIPS

Windy and cold here but no snow yet. everything cancelled in anticipation. Actually heard two flights about an hour ago en route to Stanfield. Crazy pilots imho.

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 04:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: TM62

originally posted by: AccessDenied

originally posted by: FlyersFan
They have seriously dialed us back here in the Philly area.

We went from a Winter Storm warning to a Winter Weather advisory.

I doubt I'll even have to get the shovel out. Dodged the bullet I think ...
We have gone from Winter storm warning to blizzard warning. Gonna be a direct hit. See ya in three days...

Hopes you stay warm and have all that you need on hand

My hubby's made it to JFK and he said all flights after 6pm are cancelled. His leaves at 5pm for Oakland, keeping my fingers crossed for sure. I will keep watching flighttracker or flightaware, one of those. Still calling for 4-8"s here, that's doable. LOL No choice in it anyway.

Have lots of supplies and a wood stove for heat. Praying that your hubby makes it home safe.

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 05:16 AM
link   
Okay .. it's officially over here. Before the storm we were told to prepare for 18 inches. In reality, we didn't even get enough to cover the grass.

NYC was told to prep for up to three feet. Looks like Central Park has gotten 6 inches and they are almost done.

BOSTON is getting nailed. So is Eastern Connecticut. The storm is hitting further north than they thought.

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 05:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: charlyv
Boston South

Over a foot down now, this thing just starting to ramp, winds picked up and horizontal snow.

Oh my goodness! Stay safe out there. Hope your power stays on through the storm!!

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 05:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan
Okay .. it's officially over here. Before the storm we were told to prepare for 18 inches. In reality, we didn't even get enough to cover the grass.

NYC was told to prep for up to three feet. Looks like Central Park has gotten 6 inches and they are almost done.

BOSTON is getting nailed. So is Eastern Connecticut. The storm is hitting further north than they thought.

We got about 3 inches here in Pittsburgh, 3.5 if I'm being generous. I will say one thing, the city I live in near Pitts, really kept up on the plowing, but the drivers were still morons. I saw a few that thought snow on the ground meant go FASTER than the speed limit. Idiots! Sure, sounds like a sane idea, let's go about 15 to 20mph over the limit, the stop suddenly and wonder why we're sliding. Pfft!

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 05:56 AM
link   
Massachusetts here (north of Boston):
The snow is intense at the moment, we already have over 14 inches, and this is probably only half of the snow we expect. Fortunately, it is very cold out so the snow is light powder. The NE wind has it drifting over 3ft in spots already. My road has not even been plowed once at this point, and I am at the end of a dead end street. At least our power is still on, and I don't have to fire up the generator yet.....let's hope I don't have to at all.

Pics will come later once I get out there to begin the first wave of snow removal.

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 06:36 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

The mods put de Blasio in the HOAX bin back on Sunday LOL.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 07:11 AM
link   
A few photos of the snow outside my kitchen door....overlooking the pond off the back deck.

7:45am ET

Since these were taken, we are now in whiteout conditions as the wind is gusting more and mixed with the heavier band of snow moving through. Visibility is about 1/4 mi or so.....definitely a blizzard here.

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 07:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Krakatoa

Looks like a good day to sit on the couch drinking hot chocolate and binge watching Game of Thrones 'on demand'.

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 07:56 AM
link   
(NEWARK, NJ) I woke up thinking it's over. Now watching thru my window how the wind blows the snow left to right. Just a few footprints on the sidewalk, nobody wants to go out yet. How far is the next storm?, because I think it won't melt soon and black ice is on my mind.
edit on 27-1-2015 by Trueman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Yea nada, zip here in the Lake Champlain valley of upstate NY. They were calling for 6-10" originally. Damn was looking forward to a snow, stay at home day, Play C.O.D. on the Xbox. Thankfully the drive in to work and home was freaking awesome, good roads. Hard to believe that I am about 30miles from the Canadian border and we didn't get nothing. Def a heavy coastal storm. Our snow blower took a poop so I am really happy I didn't have to shovel.

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Just got in from snow clearing about an hour ago (it's not snow removal since the wind is slowly putting it back in place). I had an avg of 24 inches in the driveway. The depth of the snow was a few inches above the top of the 21" high snow blower hopper.

edit on 1/27/2015 by Krakatoa because: added additional content

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 02:58 PM
link   
The flooding in parts of Massachusetts looks awful

That, mixed with downed power lines.....

The snow looks fine, the water looks cold and dangerous.

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 04:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cauliflower

The mods put de Blasio in the HOAX bin back on Sunday LOL.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

This wasn't hoaxed. Pffffffft. It was just closed because I didn't see FF's thread.

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 05:07 PM
link   
I think the worst has passed. Here in Mass we got around 3 feet. My old snowblower did a pretty good job, but winds were 30-40mph all day, still is, so drifting is extensive. Tried to help out the neighbors, but will have to do that tomorrow. And like I said in my previous, no problem getting to the store tomorrow, we had a mandatory no-drive today. But there is/was no reason to go and horde at the Super Market.

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Maybe this should be in the ATS Creature Forum, but I have Boston Yeti photos!

Definitely an American Yeti. It even has its own Twitter account, and all they needed to do to lure him out of hiding was institute that travel ban.

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join