It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Black Man Lawfully Carrying Gun Gets Pummeled by White Vigilante at Walmart

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 08:52 PM
link   
a reply to: ~Lucidity

I agree that type of info is misleading and unnecessary.

I think your half the country estimate is a bit high but I do see where you are going with it.

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 08:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

I'm not sure about the number...that was a swag. But a good chunk of the population, doesn't live in (with? as part of?) the gun culture. I;m aware and carry, so I wouldn't need to tackle another person who was carrying lol, but even I do a doubletake when I see someone who is carrying and do a quick assessment of the situation.

But I have many, many friends and family who probably would be alarmed and might react in a variety of different ways. Run. Back away. Leave. Report it. Whatever. This guy's reaction was just a bit extreme, again, for whatever reason.

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 09:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: the owlbear
No opinion?

Me neither.

If you feel like you need to carry a gun into anywhere that isn't job related, maybe you should sit down with a cup of coffee or tea and think about your life and life choices.

Eta: I hit enter too soon. Vigilante guy needs to play it smart and not take the law in his own hands. Good thing the back guy didn't shoot. This is Florida after all.

So yeah, there's my opinion. Everyone is stupid. Don't live in Florida if you can help it.

I know you won't understand this because your anti-gun but ...

When I carry a gun everywhere I go it has nothing to do with my life choices but rather the life choices of far too many of the other people out there. Having a coffee or tea won't stop them from do harm to people.

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 09:44 PM
link   
My bro and I were kicked out of our local walmart for open carrying. While obviously shopping. A month later we saw a walmarr manager carrying (the same we hd words with about us carrying).also his holster was unsecured and hanging feom him.

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 09:46 PM
link   
I guess he thought he was doing the right thing, he could have called the cops and followed the guy until the cops arrived but I think that might have made things a lot worse.
When you see someone with a gun how are you suppose to know if he is legally carrying or if he is a criminal who is up to no good?

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 09:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: GogoVicMorrow
My bro and I were kicked out of our local walmart for open carrying. While obviously shopping. A month later we saw a walmarr manager carrying (the same we hd words with about us carrying).also his holster was unsecured and hanging feom him.

Go in the garden Entrance. No sign.

But, as far as I know Walmart has a no gun in store policy. Maybe different by state. But, I'm talking Arizona.

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 10:15 PM
link   
a reply to: LeatherNLace

Your opinion about what you feel the appropriate situation is doesn't trump my rights to defend myself or my family both in my home and elsewhere.

Since when does the meaning of "bear arms" mean "store a gun in your home".

Bottom line is you are ok with the potential of being a victim. I am not. And quite frankly, living in Texas you have no clue how many of us fellow Texans carry every single day. Amazing that with that fact we all aren't dodging bullets every day (sarc).

I won't tell you my personal opinion about you in order to maintain the decorum ATS deserves. But, I sincerely hope you never become a victim and wished you hadn't left one of your many guns at home.
edit on 23-1-2015 by SonOfThor because: indicate sarcasm

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 10:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: LeatherNLace

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask

originally posted by: LeatherNLace

originally posted by: the owlbear
No opinion?

Me neither.

If you feel like you need to carry a gun into anywhere that isn't job related, maybe you should sit down with a cup of coffee or tea and think about your life and life choices.

I agree with that. Too many fake "tough guys" in the world today. If you cant go from point "A" to point "B" without a gun, then perhaps you should just become a recluse.

.......So carrying a concealed weapons =fake tough guy?

How the hell does that jump in logic even compute?

No seriously where do you guys even come up with that wildly off base line of thinking?

The whole point of a concealed weapon is so that people dont know you have it.........

Concealed...open...I don't care one bit. If you can't go into public without a gun then you are a pussycat (minus the cat).

Yet, when something bad happens to you, you'll be dialing 911 and hoping that a man with a gun gets there ASAP to help you out.

Hypocrite

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 10:20 PM
link   

If I wasn't busy enjoying my Friday at home with my wife, I would post a myriad of articles that demonstrate a non shoot but successful defensive use of a firearm.

The whole point is that him being armed prevented a crime story from happening.

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 12:10 AM
link   
NVM
edit on 24-1-2015 by DMFL1133 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 12:27 AM
link   
as i have noted previously -having a firearm is not a magic defence - you have to be able to use it - and when you know someone has a firearm - its distressingly easy to ensure that they cannot

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 01:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Tardacus

Situational awareness, assess the person carrying... How are they dressed, how are they acting, how old are they.. Then make a judgement based on your available information.

By the way tackling a gunman is usually not the right course of action for a variety of reasons. Call the cops, or notify an employee so they can.

On a side note despite what several people in this thread have implied it is not the wild west in Florida. I spent 25 years there, my sister and parents still live there and nobody I know there has been involved in a shoot out.

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 02:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Urantia1111

I'll add my opinion here. The legally carrying black gentleman should have lawfully shot the irrationally overreacting white guy in the face. That's what conceiled-carry permits are for. Someone attacks you, you blast them. End Of Story.

Well you do realize this is a race bait thread don't you?

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 05:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask
I fail to see how taking your own personal protection (and families) upon yourself, instead of relying on the notoriously horrible police departments as your means for defense, makes you a wuss, or relegate you to being a shut in?

It doesn't. Any suggestion of that is absurd. Carrying self defense in a city like I live in doesn't make you a wuss .. it makes you smart and alive.

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 06:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80
a reply to: Shamrock6

Sham, how does it work out with the two that helped the man commit the crime?

Is it accessory or not?

Theoretically yes, realistically no.

A parallel: you're in a theater and somebody screams "fire" and starts trying to open a fire door. You hit the fire alarm and run out the now open fire door. No fire, just some yahoo thought it would be funny. Pulling a fire alarm when there's no fire is a misdemeanor, for a number of reasons.

You pulled the fire alarm in good faith based off another person's actions. You wouldn't catch the charge, but the initial guy more than likely would.

Any half decent defense attorney is going to successfully argue that these other two guys only did what they did because of the first guy's actions. If the other two guys had thrown some strikes it would be a different story. The totality of the circumstances, though, is that they saw two guys fighting, one of them saying the other had a gun, and they tried to secure the gun. Charging them with anything would be a non-starter.

ETA: that's all from a criminal standpoint. Civilly I would think they'd be more liable if the victim named them in a suit.
edit on 24-1-2015 by Shamrock6 because: Eta

edit on 24-1-2015 by Shamrock6 because: Huge, massive, ridiculous typo. Hopefully nobody saw that. My god.

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 07:20 AM
link   

Thankfully, it's not Zimmerman again.

An anti gun group leader is not happy that the law was followed.

The Bloomberg funded anti-gun halfwit launched this Scud missile of insanity into the Twitterverse tonight:

Link

edit on 1/24/2015 by roadgravel because: add another link

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 09:20 AM
link   
If you go into walmart, expect to see some retarded behavior, the food they sell there is loaded with things that rot your brain.

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 09:23 AM
link   
The whole idea of a concealed weapon is that no one know that you have it thereby the term concealed.

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 10:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: HUMBLEONE
If you go into walmart, expect to see some retarded behavior, the food they sell there is loaded with things that rot your brain.

The reality is that most of what they sell is the same brands as most stores. Brain rot then has a more general cause.

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 06:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

We were in Kentucky and had carried before and since in there. It was just some idiot with a problem I guess.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join