It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Black Man Lawfully Carrying Gun Gets Pummeled by White Vigilante at Walmart

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 07:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Urantia1111
a reply to: LeatherNLace

I'll add my opinion here. The legally carrying black gentleman should have lawfully shot the irrationally overreacting white guy in the face. That's what conceiled-carry permits are for. Someone attacks you, you blast them. End Of Story.

Having said that, he exercised exceedingly measured restraint in assessing his threat........

Looks like he was trained well.....

I guess not all those CC holders are as trigger happy as folks like Leather and Lace would have people believe

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Reason is often trumped by fear and ignorance and that is a very sad situation.

+6 more 
posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Why didn't you just post a rant about how people who carry guns are ninnies? Instead of this bait and switch thread you've come up with. At least the rant would've been more honest and upfront.

I can't believe you're turning this assault into a diatribe about the victim having a gun, people carrying guns in general, and guns guns guns.

I guess fortunately enough for you, you either live in an area with no violent crime to consider or are just such a Jason Bourne clone that you only need to carry a magazine around with you.

Unfortunately for you, not everybody considers the fact that since they live in a less than garden of Eden area, they should just pack it in, shutter their house up, and sit at the kitchen table pondering where they messed up their lives until they keel over.

Ludicrous

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 07:45 PM
link   

It's like the oak and acorn question.

Should I carry a gun to protect me from the idiots who will tackle me for carrying a gun?

To be honest, I think minorities are the people in our nation who have the most justification for carrying a firearm.

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 07:46 PM
link   

I'll add my opinion here. The legally carrying black gentleman should have lawfully shot the irrationally overreacting white guy in the face. That's what conceiled-carry permits are for. Someone attacks you, you blast them. End Of Story.

This is the correct answer... The law abiding, properly permitted (African American) citizen should have tapped out the felonious, racist, *SNIP*, anti-gun white idiot...

I'd snackbar that particular outcome...

edit on 1-24-2015 by Springer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 07:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: LeatherNLace

Concealed...open...I don't care one bit. If you can't go into public without a gun then you are a pussycat (minus the cat).

You must have never been mugged or jumped by four guys in a car. It's happened to me twice. I'm no pussy, I was in the Army. I can handle my own, just not 4 guys.

My great grandfather got jumped. He ended up beat up on the ground. He was probably 80, and by the way he never went senile..

After this incident a COP gave him a handgun. Next time it happened he showed he had it and the guys ran.

And trust me this guy was no pussycat.

And guess what.. You can't go around assaulting people. It's against the law.
edit on 23-1-2015 by KnightLight because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 07:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mirthful Me

This is the correct answer... The law abiding, properly permitted (African American) citizen should have tapped out the felonious, racist, libtard, anti-gun white idiot...

Actually, the correct answer would have been to use some common sense. In a high crime rate neighborhood, entering a liquor store, I could see the desire to carry a gun or to attack someone for carrying one. But Walmart? I don't have any statistics, but I would wager that Walmarts rarely, if ever, get held up at gunpoint.

But yeah, the first reaction should have been to shoot....just like a criminal or a dirty cop.

My gawd, is there no middle ground anymore?

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Actually, the correct answer would have been to use some common sense. In a high crime rate neighborhood, entering a liquor store, I could see the desire to carry a gun or to attack someone for carrying one. But Walmart? I don't have any statistics, but I would wager that Walmarts rarely, if ever, get held up at gunpoint

We are all keenly aware of your lack of facts, experience and knowledge of tactical situations.

But yeah, the first reaction should have been to shoot....just like a criminal or a dirty cop.

Shooting first is not "just like a criminal". Sometimes the tactical situation calls for it. You don't wait for the guy with a beat on you to squeeze off a few.

Every situation is different and calls for different tactics. You wouldn't understand that though because you'd rather troll, pass judgement on things you don't know anything about, and name call than actually seek education in this field. A field many on ATS, myself included, have extensive experience in.

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 07:56 PM
link   

I dunno, considering you have decided to completely gloss over any of the pertinent rebuttals to your thread, or even the fact that you obviously did a bait and switch with the thread.........

Why dont you tell us where the middle ground, or even intellectual honesty for that matter, is........

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 07:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Mirthful Me

Do we know if he was racist? Am I missing that in the article? Seems like he thought he'd stop a person with a gun, but didn't realize the man had a legal right to own/possess it backed up by a permit.

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 08:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Yeahkeepwatchingme

Really?

Black man with a gun walks into wally world and gets tackled because a white dude assumes he's a criminal.

How's that not racial profiling?

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 08:02 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn
I agree, it's possible the guy is just one of those idiots who think anyone with a gun is a criminal, but highly doubtful, given the state it took place in.

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 08:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Yeahkeepwatchingme

Do we know if he was racist? Am I missing that in the article? Seems like he thought he'd stop a person with a gun, but didn't realize the man had a legal right to own/possess it backed up by a permit.

He sees a black man with a gun what was his first reaction? Jump the guy. If the guy had been white more than likely he wouldn't have done anything.

Imo the other guys that were holding him down and took his gun away from him should be locked up for assault as well.

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 08:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask

I dunno, considering you have decided to completely gloss over any of the pertinent rebuttals to your thread, or even the fact that you obviously did a bait and switch with the thread.........

Why dont you tell us where the middle ground, or even intellectual honesty for that matter, is........

I reply to whatever I believe worthy. Middle ground is to own a gun, but keep it at home. I own many guns, but only walk out the door with one if I am on my way to the range or to hunt. I live in a bad part of Dallas; yet, I still do not feel compelled to carry; open or concealed. IMO gun ownership is a constitutional right....regularly packing in public is not.
---------------------------------------

To the person who said I was ranting...you see it that way; I don't. I see it as a "social issue" and posted it justly in the correct forum. My feelings on the matter should not come into account in determining what type of topic this is. Yet I should be able to respond to those that reply to me, right?

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 08:05 PM
link   
I see two other people that need to charges as well.

Or would that fall under 'good Samaritan' ?

And porject, really? Blaming those that are against guns for people getting shot??

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 08:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Urantia1111

You're on the right track. The endgame is full out duel with all kinds of newsworthy outcomes possible. Bullets flying everywhere.

The natural social response would be to add more guns to the scenario right? More CCW, more open carry and yes black people have every right to open carry. Maybe they have DMV for gun ownership where you have to prove you can see

That's a si-fi screenplay right there.
edit on 23-1-2015 by InverseLookingGlass because: spilled a drink

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 08:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

When the tactics they promote seem to be getting played out outside of facebook brainstorming then yes.

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Is it only ok to call him racist cause we are calling him anti gun and libtart?

Shoot I would agree race could very well have something to do with this, not sure where you are getting the other two.

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 08:10 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

But we don't pass the blame in the US right?

Personable responsibility right?

It is the person that decides to act, it is not the fault of those that put the thought in their head.

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 08:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: LeatherNLace

originally posted by: Mirthful Me

This is the correct answer... The law abiding, properly permitted (African American) citizen should have tapped out the felonious, racist, libtard, anti-gun white idiot...

Actually, the correct answer would have been to use some common sense. In a high crime rate neighborhood, entering a liquor store, I could see the desire to carry a gun or to attack someone for carrying one. But Walmart? I don't have any statistics, but I would wager that Walmarts rarely, if ever, get held up at gunpoint.

A quick story, take it as you will.

I cashed a check at a walmart one afternoon. Man was watching and followed me out. I park in the back of parking lots in an attempt to avoid dents and dings, and to single out those whom might follow me. My habits worked in favor this time. The man followed me out to within 20ft of my car. As I opened the door and removed my jacket, which revealed my sidearm, the man turned off and went elsewhere.

Often times the very presence of a firearm will negate a potential incident.
edit on 1/23/2015 by EternalSolace because: Clarity

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join