It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NLBS #34: EMF Sensitivity Syndrome Is Nothing But Junk Science and Misinformation

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+20 more 
posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Today we tackle another viewer request that came in via email -- are remedies for EMF Sensitivity in humans complete BS? Challenge accepted! We looked into the claims by those in the EMF sensitivity business, and that it causes everything from mild headaches to acute fibromyalgia. Then we actually looked at real science and whether or not electro magnetic fields may have an effect on humans. We also looked at a couple of the incredibly high-priced remedies from the most popular provider of such things. Needless to say, there's not much actual science out there, that supports the notion that non-ionizing EMF has any effect on humans.

Watch in HD on www.TheNLBS.com

Share this video. Tell your friends. Spread the Next Level BS!

Follow Next Level BS on Twitter @theNLBS

Subscribe to our YouTube channel

And get NLBS t-shirts and swag thenlbs.spreadshirt.com
edit on 22-1-2015 by theNLBS because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 06:11 PM
link   
LOL Brace yourself!

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 06:32 PM
link   
This was AWESOME. The anti-EMF crowd, in my experience, tends to consist of paranoid hypochondriacs who are scientifically and factually illiterate. What makes me laugh is that anyone who knows anything about electricity and electromagnetism would know plugging something into your wall isn't blocking anything but a spot to plug something in.

These people, in my experience, are constantly looking for ways to feel "special" and "different". Usually, having some "sensitivity" or medical condition is their favorite way of achieving special status.

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 06:41 PM
link   
a reply to: theNLBS

Awesome job!
Keep exposing the BS!

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 07:01 PM
link   
in future videos, it would be validating to quote your sources for debunking. interesting this video is on the front page, the number one article, with at this point only 8 flags and 8 stars.

+16 more 
posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 07:05 PM
link   
I will give you that these things are total bull. The only way to protect against RF is a faraday cage.

With that said their are reasons ham radio operators have to figure out the RF exposure for their station. Things like frequency power output and distance from the radiator must be taken into account.

Also there is no long term studies on WIFI and the effect on the human body. Microwave ovens work in the same ballpark as WIFI, two GHz plus, the different is in the power output. Your talking miliwatts versus hundreds to thousands of watts in the case of a microwave oven. There is a faraday cage built inside every microwave oven for a reason.

I think this video may be just as misleading as the BS protection items that are sold. You make it sound like RF is safe.

Clearly making this many videos is cutting into your time for research.

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 08:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: shaneslaughta
With that said their are reasons ham radio operators have to figure out the RF exposure for their station.

I was a Ham radio operator for a long time… even built my own power amps and antennas… never had any concerns for that.

Also there is no long term studies on WIFI and the effect on the human body.['/quote]
There are several, and all could not find causation of any kind.

There is a faraday cage built inside every microwave oven for a reason.

Did you watch the video? That's one point we brought up.

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 08:27 PM
link   
What about the good ol fashion tinfoil hat. I mean it works wonders for mind beams, surely it must protect against this EMF as well. Its like the swiss army knife of all kind's of crazy mind beams every were. Except a few I think which it amplifies, but that's a misnomer likely. Does it matter when you are looking so cool and stylish wearing one.

Or you can try this grounding this guy talks about when surfing the net or around to many pesky cellphone users. Plus its cheaper then the $300 bucks for that gadget which supposedly grounds you into the earths magnetic field. As if you can be grounding elsewhere.

Maybe mars magnetic field.

Or you can do it the old fashion way. And wait around a few generations and see what effect all this from cellphones to towers to giant power lines to satellites has on people.

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 09:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Skadi_the_Evil_Elf
This was AWESOME. The anti-EMF crowd, in my experience, tends to consist of paranoid hypochondriacs who are scientifically and factually illiterate. What makes me laugh is that anyone who knows anything about electricity and electromagnetism would know plugging something into your wall isn't blocking anything but a spot to plug something in.

These people, in my experience, are constantly looking for ways to feel "special" and "different". Usually, having some "sensitivity" or medical condition is their favorite way of achieving special status.

Agree, although I think they do it out of fear, not out of wanting to be special. I think conspiracy theorists are the same way. Fear of authority drives em, not wanting to be a "truth seeker".

But there's some content here.

Here:
en.wikipedia.org - Electromagnetic hypersensitivity...

Although the thermal effects of electromagnetic fields on the body are established, self-described sufferers of electromagnetic hypersensitivity report responding to non-ionizing electromagnetic fields (or electromagnetic radiation) at intensities well below the limits permitted by international radiation safety standards.

The reported symptoms of EHS include headache, fatigue, stress, sleep disturbances, skin symptoms like prickling, burning sensations and rashes, pain and ache in muscles and many other health problems. Whatever their cause, EHS symptoms are a real and sometimes disabling problem for the affected person. However, there is no scientific basis to link EHS symptoms to electromagnetic field exposure.
Following a study conducted in 2005, the World Health Organization (WHO) concluded that:

EHS is characterized by a variety of non-specific symptoms that differ from individual to individual. The symptoms are certainly real and can vary widely in their severity. Whatever its cause, EHS can be a disabling problem for the affected individual. EHS has no clear diagnostic criteria and there is no scientific basis to link EHS symptoms to EMF exposure. Further, EHS is not a medical diagnosis, nor is it clear that it represents a single medical problem.

And here's one person who says he suffers from it:
www.popsci.com - The Man Who Was Allergic to Radio Waves...

Sweden is the only country in the world to recognize EHS as a functional impairment, and Segerbäck's experience has been important in creating policy to address the condition. Swedish EHS sufferers -- about 3 percent of the population, or some 250,000 people, according to government statistics -- are entitled to similar rights and social services as those given to people who are blind or deaf. Today, local governments will pay to have the home of someone diagnosed with EHS electronically "sanitized," if necessary, through the installation of metal shielding.

Why does Sweden recognize it when there's no scienctific research linking EHS to EMF exposure?
edit on 22-1-2015 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

+11 more 
posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Once again you have no idea what you are talking about. EMF radiation causes all kinds of problems for those people that are sensitive to its effects. You are welcome to move next to the high-tension power lines. Count me out.

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 10:20 PM
link   
Well, there is some effect of these things on us but the effects are temporary and are not able to create fibromyalgia. That is an inflammatory disease. A person would be better off upping salt intake because low sodium is evident in most fibromyalgia cases.

I know there is evidence of inflammation resulting from being exposed to fields created from high power lines, but that is different. I did some research on that.

There is no way that electromagnetic fields do not have any impact on us. Even putting your ear to a regular telephone causes temporary changes in the brain. This is well known. If the electromagnetic fields positively effect fibromyalgia as the studies say, then it effects functions in the brain and body, that is evidence that there is a relationship. But it does not cause fibromyalgia. I have examined some of the parameters of research and examined the conclusions and I do not think that most will have a major impact. Don't place a wireless router right next to you though, they do have a lot of power and too close is not good.

Now, cell phone instructions say to hold the phone a half inch from your head. Why would this be said if there is no problem. Actually there is a problem, but not with fibromyalgia as this thread speaks of. That would be off topic from this discussion

Now, those devices that are being sold are a scam. They might be able to be retrofitted to block someone from hacking into your cordless phone signal though. I would just limit my time real close to these fields. Anyone with their cell phone stuck to their ear all day has a more critical issue to deal with. That is not a very smart thing to do, that issue is more important to address. Maybe going to some psychological counceling to address addiction is relevant in this case. The fact that they are hooked to that phone all day is a little nuts, I do know some people like that. But we are all nuts in our own special ways so what the hell.

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 12:57 AM
link   
Would talking on a cellphone for hours kill brain cells?

Also if I believed in Heaven or Hell, would I be going to ether or?

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 03:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

Exactly!

How much incentive is there to prove that cell phone radiation or WIFI have harmful effects?

I love how people run to the scientific community as if it is immune to the #1 thing orchestrating how we operate our lives MONEY!

I would list some of the other absurd practices that the EPA/CDC/WHO/FDA allow to continue with plenty of verifiable studies that prove how healthy they are for all of us, but I do not wish to cause thread drift.

edit on America/ChicagoFridayAmerica/Chicago01America/Chicago131amFriday5 by elementalgrove because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 05:28 AM
link   
Everyone knows I'm not a technical person ... BUT I'll add my comments for what they are worth.

- Products to save you from EMF ?? Baaaah. Snake oil.

- Supernatural events and/or ghost events do tend to cluster around EMF fields and high tension wires.

I think there is more to the EMF fields effecting us, in both a physical and metaphysical way, then we know.

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 07:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: SkepticOverlord
I was a Ham radio operator for a long time… even built my own power amps and antennas… never had any concerns for that.

I see that you don't play by the FCC rules. Maybe that's unfair, might not have been the same rules in the past.

Can we try an RF version of Schrodinger cat if your so convinced? Ill foot the bill on a hundred routers. Ill place them all in a box where you can sit for a protracted period of time.

There are several, and all could not find causation of any kind.

Ehhh.....Sources?

Talk to me in twenty years after everyone has had a nice long low power exposure to the radiation source.

Did you watch the video? That's one point we brought up.

Sure did. You failed to discuss the reasoning behind it. Failed to explain that WIFI and microwave ovens operate on a frequency range that are almost the same.

Also failed to talk about the difference in power output.

Was this information left out on purpose to sway the argument?

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 09:26 AM
link   
Ok ok enough. NLBS, you need better ideas than this.

Ignorance on the highest level. I am one of those wussies that can't stand EMF, cell phones and high power lines.
YES THEY EXIST, I AM ONE.

Electromagnetic and Radiofrequency Fields Effect on Human Health

"AAEM calls for exercising precaution with regard to EMF, RF and general frequency exposure. In an era when all society relies on the benefits of electronics, we must find ideas and technologies that do not disturb bodily function."

Stop spreading BS on what you know nothing about, it's not because you feel that it does nothing to you that it doesn't affect others. I'm really really insulted.

Lies, ingnorance, propaganda and of bad taste. I think there is clearly more important things to cover out there that are BS.

I can agree that some of those "snake oil" remedies are not what they claim to be but that's just something normal to expect.
edit on 23-1-2015 by theMediator because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 09:38 AM
link   
You seem to believe that the right amount of waves can give relief to fibromyalgia patients yet can't believe that they might cause damage. That just doesn't make sense.

I had no idea about EMF sensivity until I had a cellphone next to my brain. The pain and the headaches that they caused made me want to inform myself and that's when I first heard that I wasn't the only one.

It's not only in my head, talk about insulting.

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 10:37 AM
link   
a reply to: SkepticOverlord

Some/most ham operators are exempt from the evaluation requirement because their power levels or operating duty cycles are low enough that they are presumed to be in compliance with the MPE limits

www.arrl.org...

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 10:44 AM
link   
You guys need to focus more on quality instead of quantity.

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 11:19 AM
link   

redacted

edit on 23-1-2015 by Bybyots because: *shrug*

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join