It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Was the virgin mary raped?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 12:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: saiyankev

It offends me more that you imply that someone who believes in God can't be open minded.

I've seen this thread in a dozen places many times before always with the implication that I should offended for the bomb being thrown. At least you weren't implying that God raped Mary.

If God exists, as I believe He does, then He can impregnate Mary without needing to resort to any kind of intercourse.

And if God doesn't exist, then I'm surprised you're even trying to make the Nativity plausible. Why bother?
I'm more curious as to why people believe god is almighty and can do anything he wishes anytime he wishes, send floods to kill us yet people still love him instead of fearing his power IF ur is real... And ya I know if he is real and more advanced then not rape but why not talk to her first, see if she is willing to birth his child, I know if he knew she was the perfect choice and if she said no then.. well thatd suck but forcing her to have his.kid? That's not right...

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 12:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: SaturnFX

originally posted by: saiyankev

And with both ending in her and who was her husband?

She was engaged to Joseph, not married yet.

Just felt like correcting that bit.
oh, alright thank you, I wasn't sure.. just assumed they were married

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 01:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Klassified
Mary was not raped, or impregnated by an alien. Do some research. Virgin births of "gods" pre-date xtianity by centuries. Horus, Mithra, Adonis, and others were born of virgins long before xtianity was even a thought. It's a story that has been repeated over and over again in the ancient mystery religions. It isn't meant to be taken literally, but symbolically.

really? Research about women getting pregnant without sex or by sperm being injected another way? As far as we know... There is no other way to get pregnant, stories of god make him sound like the grand wizard of all grand wizards... But so far we have not found real proof of magic, magic is just science... Which to me if this story is true... He used science to get her pregnant, not pick her at random.. pointed his finger then Bam.. prego, life is not The Sims, now.. if it does turn out to be god's personal sims game then... Dam.. we have more to worry about

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Since you're not by your own admission religious in any way what qualifies you to write this ? I'm was raised a Catholic but I am a pagan now. I have to say that I found your thread title tasteless and offensive. Not to mention disgusting.
edit on 1222015 by AutumnWitch657 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Who's this bearded guy? Jesus was the bearded one . He is the son. No one has ever depicted God in any way because no one knows what he looks like. Or you might be thinking of Neptune he had a beard . You're right in that you're not religious because it's plain you've had no religious teachings.
Mary and Joseph were not yet married . It was not a case of not tonight dear I have a headache. God didn't come to Mary he sent angel. And as for sexless reproduction you've heard of cloning right?
Also the planet is full of lifeforms that don't require two sexes to reproduce so you're forgetting your science biology classes as well.

. a reply to: saiyankev

edit on 1222015 by AutumnWitch657 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 01:30 PM
link   

I guess I have read more offensive posts on ATS, but I really can't think of one.

Not funny or cute AT ALL.

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 01:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: PsychoEmperor

If you believe in God, the version in the Christian Bible, than he can do anything, including making sure Mary had a Virgin Birth.

If you don't believe in God, than she probably cheating on Joseph and lied. *shrugs*

Best Answer!

(post by SirKonstantin removed for a manners violation)

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 02:22 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 03:11 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 03:16 PM
link   
If we believe God is our Creator, who made us, the planets, the universe, and the animals, than it would be a very MINOR thing for Him to arrange a virgin birth. It almost seems like the OP is purposefully trying to offend. But then again this is Christianity we're talking about, not Islam so we shouldn't take it as being offensive.

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Dude. Duck your head, the Jesus Freaks are gonna be pissed.
edit on 22-1-2015 by HUMBLEONE because: JESUS CHRIST!!!! Thats not a swear!!

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 03:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: AutumnWitch657
Since you're not by your own admission religious in any way what qualifies you to write this ? I'm was raised a Catholic but I am a pagan now. I have to say that I found your thread title tasteless and offensive. Not to mention disgusting.

a knee-jerk reaction and not an actual assessment of the premise, i assume.

because nothing about a bronze age peasant having a child from rape comes remotely close to far fetched.

even blaming it on a god is a predictable reaction to the circumstances. probably the only thing they would have believed besides the truth.

edit on 22-1-2015 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 04:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: AreUKiddingMe
If we believe God is our Creator, who made us, the planets, the universe, and the animals, than it would be a very MINOR thing for Him to arrange a virgin birth. It almost seems like the OP is purposefully trying to offend. But then again this is Christianity we're talking about, not Islam so we shouldn't take it as being offensive.

thats a pretty big condition to attach to something that otherwise happens on a daily basis.

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 04:51 PM
link   
a reply to: SirKonstantin

1. It is called a visceral reaction. I don't know how to, nor do I care to explain that reaction. It is a feeling that is not covered by black and white reasons. It is a reaction born of faith.

2. Is this your OP? Did I ever reply to any of your posts in this Thread? No. To Both. I was replying to the OP not you. So WTF is it with the anger?

3. When a thread starts out with "...Sorry if you find this offensive..." , IMHO it is 9 times out of 10 going to be offensive. But I admit, I am human enough to check it out. The thread could be about anything.

3. I feel strongly about my Christianity, and yes the thread title is offensive to me for that reason.

4. Still, you or anyone else, can post anything you want, but anyone else has the right to respond.

Hey, maybe you are having a bad day...can we agree to disagree now?

Peace.

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 05:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: TzarChasm

thats a pretty big condition to attach to something that otherwise happens on a daily basis.

I didn't quite get what you're trying to say...that virgin birth happens on a daily basis?

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 05:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: TzarChasm

I didn't quite get what you're trying to say...that virgin birth happens on a daily basis?

no, that rape happens on a daily basis.

and frankly, mary being raped and lying about it is a much more plausible solution than just assuming a supernatural entity had his way with her.

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 05:27 PM
link   
a reply to: TzarChasm

Neither of those things happened but it doesn't surprise me that people say that. We all have our own beliefs.

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Neither.

Obviously it was a parthenogenic birth which means...

Dun Dun Dun...

Jesus is a she?

edit on 22-1-2015 by OrphanApology because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 11:00 PM
link   

I think it's pretty obvious. Joseph wasn't putting out, and Mary needed the D. She lied.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join