It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Was the virgin mary raped?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Sorry if this offends you, I am not religous in any way... I'm open minded
But okay... The whole story about Mary giving birth to gods son but still a virgin... Ok I have 2 thoughts
1: god Is an alien and they injected Mary with 'god's sperm
Or
2: 'god' snuck into her house very quietly, drugged her to make sure she stayed asleep while he raped her... Then he left

And with both ending in her and who was her husband? Guy name joseph?... Ya with them not having sex either for religous reasons or just because they just weren't in the mood... She still ended up pregnant and instead of accusing her of cheating... They either assume its gods child or she made up the story

Anyways, that's what I think... God was a lonely guy who couldn't get a girl the normal way so he raped her... If god is even real

Sorry if that offends your religous believes but think about it... No woman no matter who it is can come out and say they have god's child, no.. she would be bullied and called a slut who can't keep track of how many guys she has.been with or she won't admit that she was too drunk one night and had sex with some guy she either doesn't remember or does not want to be in her child's life... Plus she would probably be sent to a mental hospital if she kept saying its gods child

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 10:36 AM
link   
a reply to: saiyankev

If you believe in God, the version in the Christian Bible, than he can do anything, including making sure Mary had a Virgin Birth.

If you don't believe in God, than she probably cheating on Joseph and lied. *shrugs*

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 10:37 AM
link   
She made up the story to cover up having attended the friday orgy at the roman garrison ..

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 10:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: saiyankev
I am not religous in any way... I'm open minded ...

If you aren't religious in any way then why do you believe ANY of the Nativity story? I would think you'd reject everything in the Jesus chronicles as nonsense. It all ties together. If you unravel one part of it by saying Mary was raped ... then the rest falls apart. With the Jesus story it's pretty much all or nothing.

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 10:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan

If you aren't religious in any way then why do you believe ANY of the Nativity story? I would think you'd reject everything in the Jesus chronicles as nonsense. It all ties together. If you unravel one part of it by saying Mary was raped ... then the rest falls apart. With the Jesus story it's pretty much all or nothing.

idk if Jesus was real but somebody having that personality to sacrafice himself so other can live, the one who speaks out and stands up for what he believes... That I believe was real, now... A bearded guy created all of creation.. created man. Created everything... Nah, loves every one but hates gays? Come on, anyways... The Jesus birth thing... Ok if Joseph was Jesus's real dad and because Jesus was such an amazing man who was always nice and caring to everybody, etc... Then from that they say he is like god's son.. loving and caring.. then ok.. that I could believe

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 11:04 AM
link   
"Let it be to me according to your word" = consent. Luke ch1 v38

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Sorry if that offends your religous believes

I have yet to get beyond your scree offending my grammatical "believes".

But keep trying.

edit on 22-1-2015 by Bybyots because: . : .

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Yes...you have offended me...and I suspect many others; really now...wasn't that what you wanted to do.

No...no...please don't respond...I am moving on.

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Eyeroll to the OP.

Can't believe the nativity, but proposes God could be an alien.....

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 11:22 AM
link   

If one is to take the story literally, it DOES look as though Mary was raped, and not only that, but it also appears as if she was some kind of one night stand, because most Christians deny Mary as being the Bride of "God", even though he "knocked her up"!

But, the nativity story was NEVER designed to be taken literally. It is a metaphor for each individuals spiritual journey. Taking the story of Jesus Christ literally is to take this life as nothing but a physical experience, rather than a physical experience being observed by a spiritual being, YOU!

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 11:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: WarminIndy

Eyeroll to the OP.

Can't believe the nativity, but proposes God could be an alien.....
not saying I believe in god but if "god" was real... I'm sure it was just an alien we called god... Or maybe god was its alien name.. but I mean we probably thought he or she was the almighty creator be because they had more advance technology, I do not and will not believe all of exist just came to be because a being was bored and created it... No

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 11:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: windword

If one is to take the story literally, it DOES look as though Mary was raped, and not only that, but it also appears as if she was some kind of one night stand, because most Christians deny Mary as being the Bride of "God", even though he "knocked her up"!

But, the nativity story was NEVER designed to be taken literally. It is a metaphor for each individuals spiritual journey. Taking the story of Jesus Christ literally is to take this life as nothing but a physical experience, rather than a physical experience being observed by a spiritual being, YOU!

well first.. thanks for a real response, u understand what I meant. And thats what I always thought... Bible probably isn't real at all... Just stories to try to help u live ur life a little happier... But of course there r a lot of christians who take it way too far and literal

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 11:46 AM
link   
I like to think that if she did exist, that she was artificially inseminated by Human-looking ("Nordic Type") Extraterrestrials... Which would explain quite a few things if you look at it as a contact/abduction scenario...

Just my 2 cents or opinion of the matter.

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 11:55 AM
link   
No, she wasn't. The reasons I am so sure of this are not for me to post here, but I think anybody with any sense will agree.

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 11:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ensinger23
No, she wasn't. The reasons I am so sure of this are not for me to post here, but I think anybody with any sense will agree.
what sense? The sense to believe any book with words in it? Ok ya... Spiderman is real too... Ether post your reason you believe or don't reply, sorry to sound mean but come on... tleast explain why u believe what u believe if u r going to respond to something

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 12:05 PM
link   

It offends me more that you imply that someone who believes in God can't be open minded.

I've seen this thread in a dozen places many times before always with the implication that I should offended for the bomb being thrown. At least you weren't implying that God raped Mary.

If God exists, as I believe He does, then He can impregnate Mary without needing to resort to any kind of intercourse.

And if God doesn't exist, then I'm surprised you're even trying to make the Nativity plausible. Why bother?

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Mary was not raped, or impregnated by an alien. Do some research. Virgin births of "gods" pre-date xtianity by centuries. Horus, Mithra, Adonis, and others were born of virgins long before xtianity was even a thought. It's a story that has been repeated over and over again in the ancient mystery religions. It isn't meant to be taken literally, but symbolically.

edit on 1/22/2015 by Klassified because: add

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 12:13 PM
link   

And with both ending in her and who was her husband?

She was engaged to Joseph, not married yet.

Just felt like correcting that bit.

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 12:20 PM
link   

well first.. thanks for a real response, u understand what I meant. And thats what I always thought... Bible probably isn't real at all... Just stories to try to help u live ur life a little happier... But of course there r a lot of christians who take it way too far and literal

Which part?
The NT perhaps. plenty of messages of peace and inclusiveness. hope, etc.
But the OT..that didn't make things happier by any stretch. very vengeful deity there.

My personal speculation is that something happened long ago. and not even just with the Hebrew roots, but medeterranian in general so very long ago...and primitive men tried to write it down, explain it in contexts they sort of understood, but is no where even remotely close to any truth.

Sumerian legends, ancient greek/roman/Egyptian cultures, even Nordic to an extent all have a vast array of similar stories (passed on) and even south American tribes with similar characters and events...something happened.

one can argue it was aliens, or atlantians (some higher race that lived here for awhile). That to me is how the OT reads.

and I am not convinced they were very nice people frankly...more like slavedrivers.

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 12:49 PM
link   
a reply to: PsychoEmperor

Or didn't exist at all, and it's just an interesting story borrowed from previous myths of the time.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join