It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sick And Tired Of Youth With Attitude Problems.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2015 @ 08:19 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

I totally agree with your OP..
Last time I went to London I had to use the tube at end of school time,and in one journey of approx 20 mins I heard so much swearing,threats of violence(including a group of lads threatening to rape a girl),countless overt racist terms used within earshot of people of all ethnicities,witnessed two fights which were pretty brutal(for kids)and other behaviours I can only describe as degenerate.

All of this from kids aged from about 10-16 years old.

Some of the adults on the tube who were obviously daily commuters would just close thier eyes to ignore what was happening around them-One guy was actually praying to god that his kids would never turn out like the scoundrels jammed into the tube with us..

I said to one guy who looked utterly pissed off-"I am not local,so I don't really know the score here-but why the hell do people tolerate kids behaving in this manner?"

He told me that people didn't want to get stabbed,or followed home and beaten by the "ferals."

Its like Clockwork orrange or something..

Before you say its just me getting old-
I have been on trains/nights out in other lands,including Thailand/Malaysia/Germany/France/Holland/Belgium and others,and I never witnessed anything like what I did on that London tube or on the streets of towns in the UK at night these days.
I am big and ugly enough not to be scared for myself amongst such rabble-but I can certainly see why others get scared and worry about their kids.

What is wrong with our country?-this sort of crap just does not seem to go on in other countries..

posted on Jan, 25 2015 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Yep, and these are the same people that will sit in judgement on an OCD Panels. That's Obama Care Death Panels but will be very interchangeable with Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Panels for the many deaths they will order due to all the drugs the parents forced fed the OCD overlords in their youth. It will be a blood lust and they wont be able to control themselves. They will not fully comprehend what they are doing until it happens to them. See Obsolete, Twilight Zone.. The future of man kind in black and white.

My point is OP, this is a cautionary tale for you my friend. I am sure this post will be saved for all time. When they review your file, this post will certainly get you green lighted for the next life!

Or not..

edit on 25-1-2015 by truckdriver42 because: spelling

edit on 25-1-2015 by truckdriver42 because: clarify

posted on Jan, 25 2015 @ 05:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: wavejump
I think it might be the media. People tend to use Facebook in an age when we went into the forest and destroyed things, rode our bikes and kissed girls.

The language many people use is copied from their idols aka musicians and so on and it's doing most people no good.

O yeah... I think you have a valid point there. I noticed that in those tv-series which are made for the teenage target group a false standard is being set. Because it is practically everywhere I start to wonder if this is done deliberate. To name an example is the hard liquor served. Just watch an episode of The Vampire Diaries.. If you pour a glass of liqour everytime someone else in the episode is pouring one you will be drunk as a skunk before the episode is finished.

People start to think this normal behaviour.. Music industry same story.. Nothing wrong with sex but same story.. a false standard is being set... Or maybe I should say.. an other standard is being set. I think the natural behaviour of humans is slowly being altered which causes pssychological conflicts that will be expressed in violence and other negative excesses.

posted on Jan, 25 2015 @ 05:53 PM
link   

TrueBrit, S&F for this thread...

I am so glad that I was born in the late fifties and grew up in the sixties. We referred to our friend's parents as Mr. & Mrs. Smith, etc. You didn't talk back to your teachers, and if you did you got the STRAP. Yes, back then other people could hit you for doing something wrong. Gasp!

When I would play at a friend's house and do something wrong I could get a swat on the backside and be sent home, knowing full well that my Mom had already gotten a full report of my actions. On that walk home I would be dreading the SWAT that was my due as I came through the door. If the old saying "it takes a village to raise a child" were true today we would all have our hands full. Is it because of the "young offenders act" that the youth of today don't fear being punished for their actions? Is that even in force in other countries?

There would have been a time where walking past a group of teens in a sketchy area could be dangerous ... now it almost seems that as long as they are playing with their smart-phones they barely acknowledge you exist. I still wouldn't be comfortable moving through crowd of them though.

This generation seems so lost, no direction, support or encouragement. Even the way they interact with each other shows little or no social skills. Could I imagine teachers having them participate in skits working out how they would handle different situations? NOPE, that wouldn't happen.

First period: Community, a lesson in which children are taught how to behave in certain circumstances.

We were taught manners, diplomacy, compassion, RESPECT, empathy, and yes even a fear of authority figures. I doubt that you could even get some kids to tell you the meaning of some of those things. Not all of young people are bad, but it the ones who are that reflect negatively on our society. I guess all has been lost to political correctness and a the power of the courts and laws.

I'm 56, did I grow up to be a bad person, not at all. That's my 2 cents worth anyway.

Namaste,
YogaGinns

Gasp!

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 12:00 PM
link   
a reply to: YogaGinns

I grew up pretty much in the same environment. We were taught manners, respect, and basically how to fend for ourselves in public without resorting to violence. My wife and I taught our kids the same way, and they had very little stress in their lives as well growing up and each having kids of their own, operate in much the same manner, and they have great kids.

It starts from the Top, down. You need a family environment that breeds respect.

There should be a mandatory parental re-education program invoked for the parents of children that get in a lot of domestic trouble, and live at home. You cannot go after the kids, if the problem stems from the parents that are supposed to manage them.

A big problem in this country, and getting worse by the year.
edit on 26-1-2015 by charlyv because: spelling

edit on 26-1-2015 by charlyv because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 01:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Silcone Synapse

The thing I find saddest about all of this, is that I know from personal experience, that not only are the poorly behaved kids a bane on society at the moment, but the ones who are NOT causing trouble will be looked upon unfavourably by folk. That is something I have never been a fan of, generalisation beyond reason. I know there are good kids out there somewhere, doing what they should be doing, respecting themselves enough to behave with some sort of decorum, and developing a good understanding of society, what it means to be a part of one, and what not. It is vital that these children are supported and upheld/protected from those who do not best advertise themselves as heralds of the future to come!

Knowing the difference is going to be important later on, I am absolutely sure of it!

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 03:24 PM
link   

There are good kids out there to be sure.
Many of the ferals are good kids.

Society lets them down sadly.

Yaa get me blud?

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Dealing with people all day long who have attitudes, young and old was one of the reasons why I decided to become a hermit, unplug the tv, and absolutely ignore my generation. Tired of the entitlement and the pack of wolves mentality. Society is a social sewer.

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 03:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Silcone Synapse

While I understand entirely your point, I cannot bring myself to respond in kind! I hope you will understand that!

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join