It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are All Terrorists Muslims? It’s Not Even Close

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 02:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlySolo
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Just pointing out it's a semantics word game. Thing is, we're not at war with "christian" terrorists. It's really a moot point.

Well that is because a war against Christian terrorism would mean that the west would have to do a lot of inner reflection on its own faults. Can't have that. It's ALL gotta be an external threat.

Did you honestly believe this was a valid rebuttal? Because it is pretty silly. The media paints the picture of what we see and are exposed to. They are painting the Muslims are bad picture, and despite ALL the evidence to show that Christians can be just as bad, that is all ignored. You need to go deny ignorance. Media behavior like that is standard ATS knowledge. Or is it when the media is saying something you agree with, then they aren't lying or pushing an agenda?

No, not all are terrorists, but almost ALL back them up with their ideology. Same #, different pile.

No... AQ has a different ideology than the Taliban who has a different ideology as Hamas who has a different ideology as Boko Haram who has a different ideology as ISIS. Are you so naive that you would HONESTLY believe that all share similar ideologies? That is insane, even at the basics, half the Muslim world would NEVER agree with ISIS because it is Sunni and not all Muslims are Sunni.
edit on 22-1-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 02:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: markosity1973

Those are the only two terrorist attacks since 9/11 and here is my source

Two attacks... Wow, you guys are just ROLLING in danger from the Muslims aren't you? Oh yeah, one of the attacks is described as a lone perpetrator looking for attention (source):

Commentators have debated whether the perpetrator of the attack, Man Haron Monis, was in fact a terrorist and whether his actions can be classified as an act of terrorism. One terrorism expert described Monis' actions as those of a "lone wolf terrorist ... driven by a desire for attention and to be in the spotlight."[22][23] Another wrote in an opinion column that the attack "was very different from first-generation or second-generation terrorist attacks—but it was terrorism, and terrorism of a brutal and more unpredictable sort."[24] Scott Stewart supervisor of the analysis of terrorism and security issues for Statfor said that this hostage-incident exhibits many of the elements associated with grassroots terrorism.[25] By contrast, criminologist Mark Lauchs stated that the event "was not about religion and neither was it a terrorist attack."[22]

So I guess you are TECHNICALLY right, but two samples doesn't make an adequate sampling size, like ever. Haven't you studied statistics?

Just because the site has a clear agenda that you disagree with, it does not make the data untrue or any less relevant. I only linked the page to the number of attacks since 9/11 because I do not necesarily agree with everything else they have to say.

So it is all propaganda unless you agree with it? Confirmation bias.

1780 attacks per year is a lot from one religion. Remember that yes while they are from different organizations with different ideologies, the common thread is the spread of Islam by force.

One religion? Muslim isn't one religion anymore than Christianity is one religion. Off the top of my head, Muslims have Sunni, Shiite, and Kurds. I'm sure there are more that are a bit more obscure. Though even within those large overarching branches of Islam, there are different ideologies like Hamas and ISIS aren't the same nor have the same ideologies.

Facts are facts and everything I presented is a fact, I've provided sources for my Australia claim now, so you can see I am no liar and how easily the data can be manipulated for a given agenda. I've provided the list of terror attacks in 2014 so readers can count the number of Islamic organisations involved for themselves. And I provided it from neutral Wikipedia, so there is no phobic agenda for you to argue against.

Your numbers don't break down by region. Many (Most) of those attacks were in the Middle East WELL away from damaging the Western world. Many were against military targets (at least one was against a convoy I was guarding going through Iraq). So your numbers make the threat look worse than it is. Of course there is going to be many acts of terror in a destabilized area. There are many acts of terrorism in Africa for instance, but most of us don't live in Africa. Therefore it is a regional threat and not a global threat. Your source doesn't bother to break down these statistics (again because it is an Islamophobe website).

Islam has a global agenda and everyone has the right to know the truth based in factual evidence, which I have provided.

Islam ISN'T united in ideology! At least 10% of Muslims are Shia Muslims (source), so clearly you are wrong here.

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 02:44 PM
link   

1. It's ALL gotta be an external threat.
2. Did you honestly believe this was a valid rebuttal? Because it is pretty silly.

1. Well no, I don't think so...if Christian fanatics suddenly rose up and were doing the same, I don't think it would be long before people turned on them too. But for the most part, Christians have reformed their violent past and are not trying to form their own state.
2. Yes I think it is a valid rebuttal. The short answer is Christians aren't flocking to the middle east and cutting off the heads of infidels, raping and forcing non-christian women into slavery.

They are painting the Muslims are bad picture, and despite ALL the evidence to show that Christians can be just as bad, that is all ignored.

No, Muslim Terrorists are painting Muslims in a bad picture. They're doing it, the media is just reporting it. You're not suggesting there's a party going on in the ME are you? Perhaps I missed something in your thread which seems quantify Christian fundamentalists are on equal grounds as per IS fundamentalists in regards to terrorism. Did something happen in the news I'm not aware of?

Or is it when the media is saying something you agree with, then they aren't lying or pushing an agenda?

No, I'm disagreeing with what you're saying. I don't think your OP has any merit. I'm beginning to think, with your statement, that you believe the media is lying about what's going on in the ME.

No... AQ has a different ideology than the Taliban who has a different ideology as Hamas who has a different ideology as Boko Haram who has a different ideology as ISIS. Are you so naive that you would HONESTLY believe that all share similar ideologies? That is insane, even at the basics, half the Muslim world would NEVER agree with ISIS because it is Sunni and not all Muslims are Sunni.

That's why I said the religion is the mother load of bad ideas. Same # different pile. Their difference in ideology is based on who's linage from Mohammad should rightfully be the Caliph. I know at least the Sunni and Shia feel that way. Who's bloodline. But again, you make another epic moot point. You seem to think a slight variance in ideology precludes the over-all brutality of the Taliban, Al' queda, IS, on whatever other faction of Islam that are warring right now? Suddenly they're the nice guys or something?

eta: and did you miss my poll post a page back? Clearly the numbers don't lie. So don't give me any grief about "ideologies" please. Nearly half of all Muslims back up terrorists.
edit on 22-1-2015 by FlySolo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 02:58 PM
link   

1. Well no, I don't think so...if Christian fanatics suddenly rose up and were doing the same, I don't think it would be long before people turned on them too. But for the most part, Christians have reformed their violent past and are not trying to form their own state.

No, they are just trying to reform the US into a theocracy.

2. Yes I think it is a valid rebuttal. The short answer is Christians aren't flocking to the middle east and cutting off the heads of infidels, raping and forcing non-christian women into slavery.

No, it isn't valid at all. People are people, they will do what they feel is right, just because we cannot find examples of Christians doing EXACTLY what the Muslims are doing, doesn't mean that bad Christians aren't a problem. The fact is, we don't know what kind of problem they are, because the media isn't reporting on them. They just sweep it under the rug. Propaganda and agenda.

No, Muslim Terrorists are painting Muslims in a bad picture. They're doing it, the media is just reporting it. You're not suggesting there's a party going on in the ME are you? Perhaps I missed something in your thread which seems quantify Christian fundamentalists are on equal grounds as per IS fundamentalists in regards to terrorism. Did something happen in the news I'm not aware of?

First off, ISIS isn't the Middle East. They are JUST in Syria and Iraq. Second off, the Middle East is pretty much all third world, including two destabilized countries. Of course it isn't all peaches and rainbows. How is Somalia doing? Care to vacation there any time soon? Giving examples of third world danger doesn't equate to first world danger.

No, I'm disagreeing with what you're saying. I don't think your OP has any merit. I'm beginning to think, with your statement, that you believe the media is lying about what's going on in the ME.

Well I think that the media is always lying, but I do believe that terrorism exists and it happens (mostly in the Middle East). What I DON'T agree with is the jump in logic that because all this crap is going down in the ME, that means the 1st world is in danger of Muslims, because THAT logic doesn't gel.

That's why I said the religion is the mother load of bad ideas. Same # different pile. Their difference in ideology is based on who's linage from Mohammad should rightfully be the Caliph. I know at least the Sunni and Shia feel that way. Who's bloodline. But again, you make another epic moot point. You seem to think a slight variance in ideology precludes the over-all brutality of the Taliban, Al' queda, IS, on whatever other faction of Islam that are warring right now? Suddenly they're the nice guys or something?

I never excused their violence. Don't put words in my mouth.

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Unless YOU have witnessed AMERICAN forces shooting innocents ON ORDER then YOUR myth is FAR more of a FARCE.
We are shown EVERYDAY what you attempt to to sepreate from the whole. HAVE YOU GOT ANYidea what we would do to our own if they went down to mexico and started mutilating CHILDREN or cutting heads of Women?
AS THEIR OWN scriptures state, yet you think you KNOW better simply because YOU FEEL bad?

Knights TEMPLARS havent existed since the CRUSADES only NAMES are used NAD THEY DON'T hidiously EXCUTE THOUSANDS in an attempt to FORCE themselves on OTHERS.
Your arguments are progressive and your mind is completely SMOKED.
MAN I CANNOT WAIT until this complete wave of trash ends ,with that scum out of office.
THEN back to stopping the damn NAZI bankers next.
edit on 22-1-2015 by cavtrooper7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 03:10 PM
link   

What I DON'T agree with is the jump in logic that because all this crap is going down in the ME, that means the 1st world is in danger of Muslims, because THAT logic doesn't gel.

Trolls live in holes. Where have you been living since 911?

We have lost thousands of American lives to the pages in the koran.

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 03:12 PM
link   
SERIOUSLY what is with the capitalizing of every other word? Isn't it annoying to type like that?

originally posted by: cavtrooper7

Unless YOU have witnessed AMERICAN forces shooting innocents ON ORDER then YOUR myth is FAR more of a FARCE.
We are shown EVERYDAY what you attempt to to sepreate from the whole. HAVE YOU GOT ANYidea what we would do to our own if they went down to mexico and started mitilating CHILDREN or cutting heads of Women?
AS THEIR OWN scriptures state, yet you think you KNOW better simply because YOU FEEL bad?

Mexico? Homeland of the drug cartels? Cartels that do this?
11 Numbers To Help You Understand The Violence Rocking Mexico

Who's doing what in Mexico now?

Knights TEMPLARS havent existed since the CRUSADES onlt NAMES are used NAD THEY DOND hidiously EXCUTE THOUSANDS in an attempt to FORCE themselves on OTHER S .
Your arguments are progressive and your mind is completely SMOKED.

Yea, you go down to Mexico and tell them that they don't exist. Tell them that they aren't Christian either, I'm sure they'll listen to you.

My arguments are rational and levelheaded and my mind is clear. YOUR arguments are hyperbolic and fearbased and your mind is clouded by xenophobia. Not to mention with all the capitalized words in your post, you might as well have the caps lock all the way down and be yelling at me. That is how your posts come across to me. That isn't levelheaded at all.

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 03:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: deadeyedick

What I DON'T agree with is the jump in logic that because all this crap is going down in the ME, that means the 1st world is in danger of Muslims, because THAT logic doesn't gel.

Trolls live in holes. Where have you been living since 911?

We have lost thousands of American lives to the pages in the koran.

So? How many more innocent Muslims have been lost to drone bombings, military occupation, and various other western meddling?

Casualty numbers don't exist in a vacuum. By all accounts we are WAY ahead in the killing innocents department. Of course, we call them collateral damage. I guess there is a difference there, but I fail to see it.

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 03:26 PM
link   

No as a scout I was gifted with INTELLECT ,and a suspicion of hostilities would preclude my doing so.

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 03:28 PM
link   

AS MANY AS the idiots we elect think it will take to stop the war.
WHAT is your solution to reign in militant Islam.
HOW do you propose to stop their REVENGE?

It must be IMMEDIATE or the A-10s will keep flying...

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 03:30 PM
link   
a reply to: cavtrooper7

A good start would be attacking your actual enemy....just saying.
2nd.

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 03:32 PM
link   

No as a scout I was gifted with INTELLECT ,and a suspicion of hostilities would preclude my doing so.

Apparently not with humbleness though. Intellect isn't bragged about holmes. Intellect is demonstrated through your words, actions, and thoughts. I can sit here and brag about my intellect all day long. About my SAT scores, getting a 99 on the ASVAB and qualifying for literally any job in the military I wanted, about my degree, etc, but I'd rather not. It's irrelevant, and besides, I could be lying (it is the internet after all).

Though, I'm waiting for you to demonstrate to me some sort of rational critical thinking and not the knee jerk reactionary anger you've been giving me since we started talking. Notice that many of my posts are long winded? If I make a claim, I back it up with a source? I try to be polite (though I haven't been extended the same courtesy from your camp with you guys constantly putting words in my mouth and being overall very derisive). So forgive me if I don't believe your intellect claim. I'm still waiting to see it (as well as a respectful debate).

You can start with refuting my points from the previous post instead of tooting your horn abut your intelligence.

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 03:36 PM
link   

AS MANY AS the idiots we elect think it will take to stop the war.
WHAT is your solution to reign in militant Islam.
HOW do you propose to stop their REVENGE?

It must be IMMEDIATE or the A-10s will keep flying...

Ignore them. It worked for hundreds of years between the end of the crusades and the beginning of the modern era. ISIS, is just a regional threat. Once they expend their hot air, they'll go away. It's not like they pose a credible threat to mainland America or anything (you are aware of threat analysis correct?).

Let's put our money and resources towards more domestic problems. Like the cartels and the drug war. THOSE guys are WAY more dangerous to America than ISIS could ever hope to be. AND they have a self-sustaining business model that makes them (boatloads of) money. ISIS gets money from donations.

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Sounds like Obama saying the Fort Hood killings were 'work place violence', even as the killer was shouting Allah Akbar or some such...
Until radical Islam is stomped out there will not be peace in the world.

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 03:40 PM
link   

No, they are just trying to reform the US into a theocracy

I'd rather have a Christian theocracy and a bottle-in-front-of-me rather than a Muslim caliphate and a frontal lobotomy.

No, it isn't valid at all. People are people, they will do what they feel is right

You're really not getting it. Yes, the Muslim fanatics have an inherent belief that they are 100% validated in what they do. What they feel is "right" is purely subjective depending on where you stand. I do not think what they are doing is right nor do I hold the opinions of the other 1 billion "innocents" who agree death for leaving the faith is acceptable. People are people is not a good argument.

First off, ISIS isn't the Middle East. They are JUST in Syria and Iraq. Second off, the Middle East is pretty much all third world, including two destabilized countries. Of course it isn't all peaches and rainbows. How is Somalia doing? Care to vacation there any time soon? Giving examples of third world danger doesn't equate to first world danger.

Um ya...I know IS isn't a geographical location. Yet. I'm referring to the band of idiots who call themselves that.
The fighting going on there among themselves doesn't equate to 1st world danger but it is still ethnic cleansing.

Well I think that the media is always lying, but I do believe that terrorism exists and it happens (mostly in the Middle East). What I DON'T agree with is the jump in logic that because all this crap is going down in the ME, that means the 1st world is in danger of Muslims, because THAT logic doesn't gel.

It has just begun.

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 03:43 PM
link   

They are not innocent if they follow the koran and support the religion that calls for killing.

Spiritually they that follow that book are all on the same side and that is likely not the side you are on and that makes you a target to them.

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 03:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: deadeyedick

They are not innocent if they follow the koran and support the religion that calls for killing.

So now you are saying that Muslims, even the non-violent ones, aren't innocents? I'm sorry, but your xenophobia is getting ridiculous.

Spiritually they that follow that book are all on the same side and that is likely not the side you are on and that makes you a target to them.

Says the guy rationalizing away killing innocents all because they have a different belief system than you. Very Christian of you, I must say.

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Like the cartels and the drug war. THOSE guys are WAY more dangerous to America than ISIS could ever hope to be. AND they have a self-sustaining business model that makes them (boatloads of) money. ISIS gets money from donations.

Now you are starting to make a bit of sense but let us also include the big pharma companies and their workers in that debate. Their hands are bloody also.

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Let's put our money and resources towards more domestic problems. Like the cartels and the drug war. THOSE guys are WAY more dangerous to America than ISIS could ever hope to be

You do realize that everything in world works like dominos hinged around the ME right? What do you think the end game is for ISIL? Are ok with the the 'old Iraq' middle east region becoming new state to welcome aboard global affairs with its own economy and military? Think they would stop there?

AND they have a self-sustaining business model that makes them (boatloads of) money. ISIS gets money from donations.

Donations and? ....and? Extortion, kidnappings, plundering, and black market oil. Donations from Turkey, that's for sure.
edit on 22-1-2015 by FlySolo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 03:49 PM
link   

I'd rather have a Christian theocracy and a bottle-in-front-of-me rather than a Muslim caliphate and a frontal lobotomy.

I'd rather have neither. They are both trouble. Good thing neither of them are realistic goals of either camp's fundamentalists.

You're really not getting it. Yes, the Muslim fanatics have an inherent belief that they are 100% validated in what they do. What they feel is "right" is purely subjective depending on where you stand. I do not think what they are doing is right nor do I hold the opinions of the other 1 billion "innocents" who agree death for leaving the faith is acceptable. People are people is not a good argument.

Muslim belief is as nuanced and different as Christian belief. YOU aren't getting that fact and are trying to pigeonhole all Muslims into the same beliefs.

Um ya...I know IS isn't a geographical location. Yet. I'm referring to the band of idiots who call themselves that.
The fighting going on there among themselves doesn't equate to 1st world danger but it is still ethnic cleansing.

REGIONAL ethnic cleansing. They will NEVER pose a threat to the 1st world, no matter how many innocents they kill. They can send as many radicalized Muslims as they want into our borders, but that doesn't mean they will be able to subvert our government, will be able to subvert our beliefs, or take us on head on.

It has just begun.

Yea... No. It's been going on for decades. ISIS is just the new flavor of the month.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join