It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are All Terrorists Muslims? It’s Not Even Close

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 01:37 PM
link   
a reply to: FlySolo

I don't love Islam. I never said that I did. In fact, I hate it. It is one of the three most evil belief systems on the planet (Abrahamic religions), but if the Christians can make it work then so can the Muslims. What I DO love though is people, and people aren't completely defined by their ideology like you are trying to do.

The fact that you cannot see the parallel I made about the xenophobia in America towards Muslims and Nazi Germany speaks LOADS. I've already seen people on these forums with in the last few weeks calling for the extermination of all Muslims. One person wanted to "glass' the Middle East. Another called them the Anti-Christ (yes the whole religion). All it takes is one person like this getting into office and riling you guys up and next thing you know, we'll be shipping them off by train to the camps. And it will be celebrated.
edit on 23-1-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 04:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Really up in arms about defending the currents psychos in the world aren't we.

“There are 1.2 billion Muslims in the world today – of course not all of them are radicals!” Gabriel said. “The majority of them are peaceful people. The radicals are estimated to be between 15 to 25 percent. … But when you look at 15 to 25 percent of the world Muslim population, you’re looking at 180 million to 300 million people dedicated to the destruction of western civilization. That is as big as the United States. So why should we worry about the radical 15 to 25 percent? Because it is the radicals that kill. Because it is the radicals that behead and massacre.”

www.theblaze.com...

Islamic fundamentalism is widespread

actually among both Christians and Muslims – and hostility toward out-groups like homosexuals or Jews.” Almost 60 percent of the Muslim respondents reject homosexuals as friends; 45 percent think that Jews cannot be trusted; and an equally large group believes that the West is out to destroy Islam.

www.wzb.eu...

Is some links to show my point.

and to answer your question regarding why such a small minority can become a threat to the wider world comes in many forms here are some and these are all more deadly then any military weapon you can use. Corrupting the minds of the youth by promoting such ideals of extremist views as the norm and is happening in schools like america. Where in their very learning experience they are taught about islam and how that if they dress up as a muslim, acquire a muslim name and stay like this for a week at a time they will gain extra points in the school RE lessons. This was introduced by intwined muslim minds within the american schools way back, 20 some years ago. Bigger plans going on then most understand. Just so young minds can grow up to not attack such extreme views. Which are those of today.

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 04:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlackProject

Really up in arms about defending the currents psychos in the world aren't we.

Don't put words in my mouth. I've repeated over and over again throughout this thread and others that I AM NOT defending terrorism. I am defending the people who AREN'T terrorists. The arguing tactics of your camp are getting very childish. Constantly creating strawmans out of my argument to make it seem like I am saying things I am not. It is getting old.

www.theblaze.com... rs/

Islamic fundamentalism is widespread

So is Islamic xenophobia.

and to answer your question regarding why such a small minority can become a threat to the wider world comes in many forms here are some and these are all more deadly then any military weapon you can use. Corrupting the minds of the youth by promoting such ideals of extremist views as the norm and is happening in schools like america. Where in their very learning experience they are taught about islam and how that if they dress up as a muslim, acquire a muslim name and stay like this for a week at a time they will gain extra points in the school RE lessons. This was introduced by intwined muslim minds within the american schools way back, 20 some years ago. Bigger plans going on then most understand. Just so young minds can grow up to not attack such extreme views. Which are those of today.

I will give you props for being the first to answer my request on this, but your premise is ridiculous. Knowing about the Muslim religion, or even walking in their shoes for a week isn't going to fundamentalise your children. Heck, that isn't even enough to convert them to the religion. That is the most absurd thing I've ever heard, though it is par the course for a conspiracy website. Try again.

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Religion is hate
Religion is fear
Religion is war
Religion is rape
Religion's obscene
Religion's a whore

Sums up ALL religion for me. This is why I don't claim ANY religion. Its ALL bogus.
edit on 23-1-2015 by Bloodydagger because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 08:09 PM
link   
The saying is supposed to be "not all Muslims are terrorists, but most terrorists are Muslims", which is actually fairly accurate if you consider the number of terrorist acts carried out each month in the name of Islam compared to any other religion.

Nevertheless, the vast majority of Muslims - like the vast majority of Christians, Jews, Buddhists, Hindus etc. - are not terrorists and it is unfair to paint all adherents with the same brush.

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 10:21 PM
link   
Do people not understand the muslims natons want Israel badly...The U.S. needs oil but are trying to get off of the Saudi oil with fracking.No muslim governments are willing to help Israel.Name them off please?

This is a war to wipe out Israel or a war to save Israel.Why it is always politcal in every race in politics.The muslims definetly are on the side to destroy Israel.You can pretend it is not real all you want.Politicians in Washington D.C. and Great Britain as well as Canada and others are on the side to save Israel.
Putin has never once sided ever with anything Israel has done.Every political race going on in the world plays a part in it with oil profit or Putin now trying to get His hands on Europe.Remember when Putin warned he would blow up missle defense sheilds if they where put up in Europe?

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 10:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dark Ghost
The saying is supposed to be "not all Muslims are terrorists, but most terrorists are Muslims", which is actually fairly accurate if you consider the number of terrorist acts carried out each month in the name of Islam compared to any other religion.

Nevertheless, the vast majority of Muslims - like the vast majority of Christians, Jews, Buddhists, Hindus etc. - are not terrorists and it is unfair to paint all adherents with the same brush.

If all Muslims don't have to actively prove they are not terrorists, I, as a White man in America should not have to PROVE that I'm not racist.

I know this may go the specific target, but it actually has a lot to do with it. Muslim apologists here are in one breath demanding not to call Muslims terrorists but in the very next breath call me racist because I haven't actively proved I'm not.

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 10:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlySolo

I see. You're one of those "do nothing and maybe it will go away" type of people. Clearly, you haven't given this much thought.
As long as it doesn't effect you and your daily life of little pink houses and picket fences it's not a problem. Ok, to each their own but I can tell you your "no stance" "do nothing" attitude is the wrong one. While those murdering bastards aren't hacking your head off or sodomizing your wife or girlfriend and selling them into slavery, hmph who cares. Nice stance.

So let them have their Islamic state, because they won't grow exponentially and strengthen their "domestic" brothers and sisters to kill more people on our domestic land. Foolish foolish boy. You must be young, watch some ww2 documentaries will ya?

Couldn't have been said better.

However, a lot of Liberals also claim that America has a moral obligation to help the less fortunate people of the world. Fighting ISIS is doing that, but any bit of collateral damage, and they immediately slam down their Mocha at Starbucks and start telling America that we are committing genocide. Regardless of the intention of our mission, regardless that peaceful Muslims want us to kill their enemies for them without doing any of the leg work themselves.

I personally think it would be a good idea to just completely abandon the Middle East and let them kill each other, because just like the Libs here in America, they cry and moan when a Muslim terrorist hides in their Mosque and we decide to take him out and a few civilians are killed, no, forget helping push out the bad guys, lets just let America kill them for us, then demand reparations when our kid gets killed because we will just have 2 more in his place.

Let the Middle East burn, it will make it easier when the strongest one emerges and we have a clear threat that we can just take out, instead of this web of friendly tribes, enemy tribes, back stabbing tribes, etc. The peaceful Muslims think they have it bad now when on occasion they are accidentally killed, imagine when ISIS has free reign and their daughter is stoned to death for adultery, I say screw them.
edit on 23-1-2015 by chuck258 because: typo

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 10:45 PM
link   
a reply to: chuck258

I agree. Leave them alone and let them kill each other off. I think if other countries stopped meddling over there, that them killing off each other would happen a lot quicker than some people think. Just leave the animals alone and let natural selection run its course.

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 11:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

Dude. I feel for you. I truly do. It must be tough being a Muslim on these boards these days. I just hope that people, especially on this website, will wakeup to the brainwashing that is so blatant from the MSM right now. This is especially harrowing because ATS is fond of not trusting the MSM, but can't see that they are clearly being manipulated by them right now.

Not nearly as hard for the Christians on this board.

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 12:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: BlackProject

Really did not want to reply to this post as its putting it on the front page more then it should be. However again this is an act of behaving like nothing is going on in the world regarding Islam and the threats they are making, have made and have committed. This is not the word everyone seems to like to use now 'Islamaphobia' even though that is not even a thing. Its more that there is some that do not wish to believe there is a threat in the world. Until the day someone gets hit or killed by a terrorist of this nature will you and others understand. The fact is if you take the 1 Billion Muslims in the world and give the very firm statistic that 20% of those are extremist, that leaves 200 million extreme Muslims active in the world. That is something to worry about, not the small number of rare cases of nut job actions in the world. These are a collective.

You have no point to be made here, there are bad people everywhere yes but this is not simply just another situation. Peaceful muslims are Dormant muslims, waiting for the right trigger as ask a muslim his/her views, they would happily agree to stone someone in public. Is that peaceful?

The "Crazy" GUY thinks CARTELS are more of a threat.
edit on 24-1-2015 by cavtrooper7 because: (no reason given)

edit on 24-1-2015 by cavtrooper7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 01:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: guitarplayer

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

Dude. I feel for you. I truly do. It must be tough being a Muslim on these boards these days. I just hope that people, especially on this website, will wakeup to the brainwashing that is so blatant from the MSM right now. This is especially harrowing because ATS is fond of not trusting the MSM, but can't see that they are clearly being manipulated by them right now.

Not nearly as hard for the Christians on this board.

Not even close. In fact near nonexistent in comparison.

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 07:10 AM
link   
For what it is worth...you are right that not all Muslims are terrorists and that they may not even be the largest offenders. But please consider this:

1. Who is considering the topic? For me...an American. Therefore, terrorists attacking us or our immediate allies are higher ranking in my mind.

2. How does the person considering the topic define terrorism? For me...a few killing/injuring many to stop them from doing something. Killing women and children. Killing in manners that cause the most distaste (beheading for example).

3. How violent is the act? For me...a person wielding a knife and stabbing two doesn't rank extremely high. But an AK-47 is. So are bombs, missles, etc.

4. Are there any other concerns beyond the act itself? Hell yes! I believe there is a greater agenda of Muslim terrorists with a goal to do what their religion commands...shun or kill those who won't convert.

I could probably keep going, but you get the idea. For me personally, in my place, location, life situation, etc...the worst terrorists and the ones to really worry about are Muslim terrorists. They threaten us by location (west), by ideology, by religion (non-Muslim), etc. With the exception of them not using my name specifically...they are the worst for my demographic. So they are my concern more so than any other group.

But...I will say this. I am far more concerned about what our government is up to than what Muslim terrorists are up to at the moment. The terrorists only have the power they obtain by winning battles. Our government has our life-lines in their hands and can pinch it off anytime they want...if the really want to.

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 10:59 AM
link   
This thread is depressing, had no idea racism and xenophobia were quite this rife on here.

The West (formed on Judeo-Christan values and law) invented reasons to attack Iraq on false pretenses - but somehow the people who fought against this are terrorists because they're brown/belong to a different religion.

Al Qu'eda don't want to destroy the West, they want US military bases removed from Muslim holy land - If ISIS started army patrols outside the Vatican or US churches, do you think there wouldn't be similar uproar?

Bush and Blair have both confeses rthey praid and think God spoke to them over the decision to start/end the Iraq war - if that isn't loony bin evangelical nonsense, I don't know what is. Saying God bless america and one nation under god when launching a war can easily be seen as inflamatory religious war language - yet it's so common and acceptad in the US people barely even notice or consider it an issue.

The West kills hundreds of innocents on a weekly basis through illegal drone strikes - but that's seen as peacekeeping or a mistake - whereas a Muslim f doing the same is an evil terrorist.

The thread is made of completely nonsense stats claiming 20% of muslims are fanatics - which is laughably untrue and shows complete ignorance on the belief differences os Sunni and Shia (moderates) and Whabbi/Qubutism (radicals who kill anyone muslim or not who doesn't follow their interpretation to the letter.

People constantly going on about how the Qu'ran advocates killing - have you never read the Bible or other religious texts? They're all of it - even Buddhism.

Though obviously pointing out facts like the above must mean I think there's no such thing as Islamic Terror and the rise of Political Islam is non-existant.

As for Ameruca not being a Christian Fundamentailist country - have you not seen what happened to the Neo-Cons in the last 30 year? Initially they promted the religious right to give the US a poltical and moral framework to unite a nation based on radical individualism - yet this backfired and the religious right took over the party so instead of getting free choce, you haverights stripped away purely for religious reasons.

There's plently of mention of preotecting Israel, yet Israel is constantly guilty of war crimes, is an illegal settlement and has also repeatedly callefd for the erradication of Palestinians and Iranians - which makes them as bad as nutter AQ/ISIS leaders wanting to wipe non-believers offf the map.

But as the saying goes, never let facts get in the way of a good story...Instead of seeing the story from only one side try looking at both sides and you'll quickly realise they're both as bad as each other and this war will never be won until the last drop of blood is shed.
edit on 24-1-2015 by bastion because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 11:14 AM
link   
a reply to: bastion

The thread is made of completely nonsense stats claiming 20% of muslims are fanatics - which is laughably untrue and shows complete ignorance on the belief differences os Sunni and Shia (moderates) and Whabbi/Qubutism (radicals who kill anyone muslim or not who doesn't follow their interpretation to the letter.

Let Sam Harris clear that up for you...
globalpublicsquare.blogs.cnn.com...

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 11:52 AM
link   

This is for you Krazyshot

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Al Qu'eda don't want to destroy the West,

That is foolish.

They want both.

They always have.

The proof is there chants of death to america and israel and terror acts.

This is true for every other muslim radical country and organization.

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 12:41 PM
link   
a reply to: FlySolo

Who is Sam Harris?

The article contains no evidence to support the 20% claim, until it does I consider it made up Islamaphobic nonsense.

originally posted by: deadeyedick

Al Qu'eda don't want to destroy the West,

That is foolish.

They want both.

They always have.

The proof is there chants of death to america and israel and terror acts.

This is true for every other muslim radical country and organization.

Please tell me you're joking.

If that had an ounce of truth, why we're they helping the US fight the USSR, why do they supply us with essential goods like oil when they could destroy Western life within weeks by cutting off supply? And how exactly do JI and BNN share the same views as all other groups despite being at war against them and having nationalist only policies.

I strongly recommend watching non-US news if you want any insight to the topic
edit on 24-1-2015 by bastion because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 01:05 PM
link   
LIST OF MAJOR ISLAMIC ATTACKS & PLOTS ON AMERICA…before 9/11
Some people ignore that Islamics have been attacking the United States long before September 11, 2001.
Here is just a sampling:
1979 Iran Hostage Crisis: seizure of US Tehran Embassy, Iran (Nov 4, 1979 for 444 days)
1983 Bombing of US Beirut Embassy, Lebanon (April 18, 1983)
1983 Bombing of US Marine barracks, Beirut, Lebanon (Oct 23, 1983)
1983 Bombing of US Kuwait Embassy (Dec 12, 1983)
1984 Bombing of US Beirut Embassy (again) (Sept 20, 1984)
1984 Kuwait Airlines Flight 221 hijacked to Tehran – American passengers murdered (Dec 3, 1984)
1985 Hijacking TWA Flight 847 hijacked to Beirut (June 14, 1985)
1985 Hijacking cruise ship Achille Lauro, wheelchair-bound American is thrown overboard & killed (Oct 7, 1985)
1986 Bombing Berlin disco frequented by US servicemen (April 5, 1986)
1988 Bombing Pan Am Flight 103 over Lockerbie, Scotland, 100’s murdered (Dec 21, 1988)
1993 First bombing World Trade Center, New York City, 7 Killed, 1,042 wounded (Feb 26, 1993)
1993 Foiled NY Landmarks plot by Omar Abdel Rahman to blow up the Holland and Lincoln tunnels
and other New York City landmarks
1993 Attempted Assassination of Pres. Bush Sr. during visit to Kuwait (April 14, 1993)
1993 Black Hawk Down: shot down US helicopters in Mogadishu, Somalia,
during Operation Restore Hope (Oct 3-4, 1993)
1994 Plot to assassinate President Clinton during visit to the Philippines
1995 Failed Project Bojinka by Ramzi Yousef to blow up a dozen US airliners over the Pacific (end in Jan 1995)
1995 Bombing US military headquarters, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia (Nov 13, 1995)
1996 Bombing Khobar Towers, Saudi Arabia, housing U.S. foreign military personnel (Jun 25, 1996)
1998 Bombing U.S. Nairobi Embassy, Kenya, Africa (Aug 7, 1998)
1998 Bombing U.S. Dar es Salaam Embassy, Tanzania, Africa (Aug 7, 1998)
1999 Foiled LAX Millennium plot by Ahmed Ressam to bomb Los Angeles International Airport
(Ressam was arrested at US Canadian border)
2000 Failed USS The Sullivans bombing that was refueling in the port of Aden, Yemen. (Jan 3, 2000)
2000 Bombing USS Cole in the port of Aden, Yemen, 17 U.S. Navy sailors murdered (Oct 12, 2000)
(The USS Cole was not engaged in any combat during this period)
2000 Bombing plaza across from US Manila Embassy (Dec 30, 2000)
2001 9/11 attacks: World Trade Center, Flight 93, Pentagon, 3000+ murdered (Sept 11, 2001)

And this is before 9?11...want to see since 9/11? The religion of peace needs to police it's own people!

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Who is Sam Harris?

The article contains no evidence to support the 20% claim, until it does I consider it made up Islamaphobic nonsense.Who is Sam Harris?

Harris became interested in spiritual and philosophical questions when he studied at Stanford University. He was fascinated by the idea that he might be able to achieve spiritual insights without the use of drugs.[19] Leaving Stanford in his second year, he went to India, where he studied meditation with Hindu and Buddhist religious teachers,[19][20] including Dilgo Khyentse.[21] Eleven years later, in 1997, he returned to Stanford, completing a B.A. degree in philosophy in 2000.[13][22] Harris began writing his first book, The End of Faith, immediately after the September 11 attacks.[13]

He received a Ph.D. degree in cognitive neuroscience in 2009 at the University of California, Los Angeles,[13][23][24] using

And I particularly like this comment:

In a January 2007 interview with PBS, Harris said, "We don't have a word for not believing in Zeus, which is to say we are all atheists in respect to Zeus. And we don't have a word for not being an astrologer". He goes on to say that the term will be retired only when "we all just achieve a level of intellectual honesty where we are no longer going to pretend to be certain about things we are not certain about".

Look him up.

Just because the article doesn't mention the statistics doesn't make it any less real. Fact is, those numbers are conservative and aren't "made up". They're taken from polls.

edit on 24-1-2015 by FlySolo because: (no reason given)

edit on 24-1-2015 by FlySolo because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15 >>

join