It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are All Terrorists Muslims? It’s Not Even Close

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 09:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

You could of told a muslim living in Jerusalem during the crusades that not all Christians are violent radicals. I doubt that would've made them feel any better about Christianity. This is a case where morality doesn't seem to gel with reality and the reality is that not all muslims are extremist but I personally believe the vast majority are at the very least indifferent to the violence aimed at the west. The religion in and of itself breeds violence by teaching anyone who does not believe is worthy of elimination.
edit on 23-1-2015 by Helious because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Really did not want to reply to this post as its putting it on the front page more then it should be. However again this is an act of behaving like nothing is going on in the world regarding Islam and the threats they are making, have made and have committed. This is not the word everyone seems to like to use now 'Islamaphobia' even though that is not even a thing. Its more that there is some that do not wish to believe there is a threat in the world. Until the day someone gets hit or killed by a terrorist of this nature will you and others understand. The fact is if you take the 1 Billion Muslims in the world and give the very firm statistic that 20% of those are extremist, that leaves 200 million extreme Muslims active in the world. That is something to worry about, not the small number of rare cases of nut job actions in the world. These are a collective.

You have no point to be made here, there are bad people everywhere yes but this is not simply just another situation. Peaceful muslims are Dormant muslims, waiting for the right trigger as ask a muslim his/her views, they would happily agree to stone someone in public. Is that peaceful?

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 09:59 AM
link   

I suspect the Yazidi's would like to have a word with you to discuss the attempted genocide committed against them.

Boko Haram leader claims responsibility for Baha massacre, where as many as 2,000 were murdered this month, saying "“We killed the people of Baga. We indeed killed them, as our Lord instructed us in His Book,” and "“We will not stop. This is not much. You’ll see.”

www.theguardian.com...

So, 2000 more die - call me when some the number of dead killed by Christian terrorists reach 2,000 - by then, I'm sure hundreds of thousands more will have died at the hands of groups like Boko Haram, ISIS, AQAP, Hizbollah and the Taliban.

I forget, how many teenagers were executed this week by Christians for watching a soccer match? How many Christians threw homosexuals off of buildings this week? How many women were stoned to death this week by Christians for adultery? How many women were executed this week by these nasty Christian terrorists for being too educated?

This is a very strange kind of relativism where someone egging an abortion clinic is given equal weight to group that executes hundreds or thousands of people because they won't convert to their brand of Islam ..

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 10:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
It certainly isn't getting the same amount of coverage as Muslim terrorism is.

What isn't?

Correct, western violence in the middle east is the terrorists best recruitment strategy. We fuel the war on terrorism by blowing them up.

Funny how we somehow still haven't figured this out yet, isn't it?

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 11:01 AM
link   
a reply to: squittles

Wish I could give you 5 stars, well said!

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 11:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: BlackProject

Really did not want to reply to this post as its putting it on the front page more then it should be. However again this is an act of behaving like nothing is going on in the world regarding Islam and the threats they are making, have made and have committed. This is not the word everyone seems to like to use now 'Islamaphobia' even though that is not even a thing. Its more that there is some that do not wish to believe there is a threat in the world. Until the day someone gets hit or killed by a terrorist of this nature will you and others understand. The fact is if you take the 1 Billion Muslims in the world and give the very firm statistic that 20% of those are extremist, that leaves 200 million extreme Muslims active in the world. That is something to worry about, not the small number of rare cases of nut job actions in the world. These are a collective.

Where did you get that 20% number? Don't just make up statistics on the spot, it's bad enough that people distort statistics to suit their agendas without people making up stuff.

You have no point to be made here, there are bad people everywhere yes but this is not simply just another situation. Peaceful muslims are Dormant muslims, waiting for the right trigger as ask a muslim his/her views, they would happily agree to stone someone in public. Is that peaceful?

Just because you disagree doesn't mean there isn't a point to be made. You haven't exactly done anything to debunk literally ANY of my points. Oh and Islamophobia IS a thing, you apparently have it too if you think Muslims are a threat to the first world.

I'm still waiting for someone to tell me how Muslims, equipped with small arms, are going to ever pose a realistic threat to the 1st world. No one seems to be able to do that.

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 11:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: StalkerSolent
What isn't?

Christian terrorism, or rather ANY terrorism other than Muslim terrorism (not just Christian terrorism). You know, the 98% of terrorist attacks in Europe that the OP was alluding too?

Funny how we somehow still haven't figured this out yet, isn't it?

I still see people calling for more violence to stop the Muslim extremists. What really grinds my gears are the people saying we should nuke the Middle East or "glass" it. Even if they are joking. That isn't funny.

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Since we are here in a fairly new year how about you show us what the hell you are talking about with some examples from this month and let us compare with other examples that prove you are just attempting to deflect away from a huge problem. If there is merit to your claims other than all terrorist are muslims then i think your point to try to bring focus to other groups will be well recieved by citing examples of how islam extremist are not the real problem we should be focused on.

People do not really respond well to what you present in the op compared to what we have been through so far this year.

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 11:55 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 12:22 PM
link   
a reply to: CirqueDeTruth

I do not think the goal should be to go from the word islamic terrorist to christian extremist.

Not quite the same but if you look on the side of islam already this year they have taken out one country called yeman and reeked hell in africa with huge body counts by boko haram. Really the events by islam this year are too many for me to name.

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 12:46 PM
link   
a reply to: deadeyedick

Okay. I'll try to do better with this link.

This is the only link I could find which outlines Christian terrorist activities that have occurred in America over the past decades.

America's 10 worst terror attacks by Christian Fundamentalist and far-right extremist

ETA - All of those attacks combined can't even touch the death toll Islamic extremists have racked up this month alone. It's a scary world out there - especially over there.

CdT

edit on 23-1-2015 by CirqueDeTruth because: edit to add

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 12:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

originally posted by: StalkerSolent
What? Do you have any evidence or reason to believe this? (Where I am in the US) Christians aren't safe from criticism–in fact, they constantly complain about being unfairly attacked by the media. In fact, at least one of the Christian media organizations in the United States, WORLD Magazine, actually aggressively investigates wrongdoing by Christian organizations for the purposes of holding them accountable. (I happen to be familiar with them, it might or might not common among Christian media at large–I really don't know.) I'd hardly say the media is sweeping stuff under the rug.

It certainly isn't getting the same amount of coverage as Muslim terrorism is.

Now I think THIS makes some sense. I'm not saying we shouldn't defend ourselves, but I'm fairly confident that part of the problem to begin with was European (and later American) intervention in the affairs of Islamic nations around the world. I'm also fairly confident that continuing to intervene will not make things better.

Correct, western violence in the middle east is the terrorists best recruitment strategy. We fuel the war on terrorism by blowing them up.

At your first bolded: I implore you, find me 5 cases of beheadings by Christian extremists against non-christians. I'm not talking about some psycho in the states that dismembered his ex-girlfriend and who is considered Christian because his parents were, that is not the same as ISIS beheading innocent civilians. No, show me a legitimate Christian Extremist group in the last 5 years that has systematically killed people in the name of Jesus Christ.

At your second bolded: How the hell do you propose the world fight them then if not by killing. Letting an extremist group behead kids for watching a soccer game and executing 9 year old girls for adultery is a radical injustice, and if we do not fight against it, we are just as guilty as ISIS for enabling it. What part of that is hard to comprehend? In one hand you want to say America should not be involved in Muslim affairs no matter how genocidal/ violent they are and in the same breath say America has an obligation to help the poor people of the world because we are the most powerful. You CANNOT HAVE BOTH.

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 12:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: deadeyedick

Since we are here in a fairly new year how about you show us what the hell you are talking about with some examples from this month and let us compare with other examples that prove you are just attempting to deflect away from a huge problem. If there is merit to your claims other than all terrorist are muslims then i think your point to try to bring focus to other groups will be well recieved by citing examples of how islam extremist are not the real problem we should be focused on.

People do not really respond well to what you present in the op compared to what we have been through so far this year.

Well the idea is to establish credibility to the claim that Islam is a threat to the 1st world. Using examples from the 3rd world isn't really saying anything. Of course there is a lot of violence there. It comes with the territory. That doesn't mean that they threaten any 1st world country's stability though.

I'm still waiting to see someone give a logical and rational explanation on how Muslims pose a REAL threat to the 1st world. I get a lot of harumphing about violence in the 3rd world, but we aren't the 3rd world. We are the 1st world. Where is the danger to us?

Though we can talk about the drug cartels south of our border, they DO pose a threat to our country. Though you seem to think the 3rd world's problems are more important than the growing lawlessness south of our border.

11 Numbers To Help You Understand The Violence Rocking Mexico

Read and digest that.
edit on 23-1-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 01:04 PM
link   

I see. You're one of those "do nothing and maybe it will go away" type of people. Clearly, you haven't given this much thought.
As long as it doesn't effect you and your daily life of little pink houses and picket fences it's not a problem. Ok, to each their own but I can tell you your "no stance" "do nothing" attitude is the wrong one. While those murdering bastards aren't hacking your head off or sodomizing your wife or girlfriend and selling them into slavery, hmph who cares. Nice stance.

So let them have their Islamic state, because they won't grow exponentially and strengthen their "domestic" brothers and sisters to kill more people on our domestic land. Foolish foolish boy. You must be young, watch some ww2 documentaries will ya?

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 01:05 PM
link   

It is ok that you want to remain ignorrant that all across the world we hear the chant death to america and everyday they formulate plans to try to bring there violence here.

Just admit that islam is to blame for the majority of violence in the world.

To think that we can only worry about their goals when we have zero violence of our own is just what they want.

Your false assumption that they do not want you dead is helping them in their goals because you are laying the ground work for a path of thought that is misleading from reality.

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 01:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: chuck258
At your first bolded: I implore you, find me 5 cases of beheadings by Christian extremists against non-christians. I'm not talking about some psycho in the states that dismembered his ex-girlfriend and who is considered Christian because his parents were, that is not the same as ISIS beheading innocent civilians. No, show me a legitimate Christian Extremist group in the last 5 years that has systematically killed people in the name of Jesus Christ.

I don't think any terrorist organization is a threat to any 1st world country, regardless of their ideology. I'm not going to play tit for tat with the who is doing the worse terrorist actions these days. They are all reprehensible and not one excuses the other. I care about LEGITIMATE threats to the 1st world. The idea is that Muslims pose a threat to the 1st world. Well prove it. How are they going to destabilize any countries in the 1st world by beheading a few people? We blew up more innocents with one or two drone attacks than they've beheaded.

At your second bolded: How the hell do you propose the world fight them then if not by killing. Letting an extremist group behead kids for watching a soccer game and executing 9 year old girls for adultery is a radical injustice, and if we do not fight against it, we are just as guilty as ISIS for enabling it. What part of that is hard to comprehend? In one hand you want to say America should not be involved in Muslim affairs no matter how genocidal/ violent they are and in the same breath say America has an obligation to help the poor people of the world because we are the most powerful. You CANNOT HAVE BOTH.

I never said that America has an obligation to help the poor people of the world. Please point out where I said that. I'm a Libertarian isolationist, I'd rather we DIDN'T help these people out and they figured out solutions for their own problems. America has plenty of problems on its own.

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 01:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlySolo

I see. You're one of those "do nothing and maybe it will go away" type of people. Clearly, you haven't given this much thought.
As long as it doesn't effect you and your daily life of little pink houses and picket fences it's not a problem. Ok, to each their own but I can tell you your "no stance" "do nothing" attitude is the wrong one. While those murdering bastards aren't hacking your head off or sodomizing your wife or girlfriend and selling them into slavery, hmph who cares. Nice stance.

Well blowing them up certainly isn't working. That only fuels the problem.

So let them have their Islamic state, because they won't grow exponentially and strengthen their "domestic" brothers and sisters to kill more people on our domestic land. Foolish foolish boy. You must be young, watch some ww2 documentaries will ya?

Comparing this situation to wwII is stupid. ISIS is a terrorist organization. Germany is a country and the factors involved with how Germany became so evil are MANY and VERY nuanced.

Though I will say that WE are probably closer to Nazi Germany than ISIS ever could hope to be. With how rampant xenophobia is in this country, I wouldn't be surprised if we started rounding up Muslims and put them into camps. We certainly have the capability to ethnically cleanse the Muslim world WAY better than the Muslims would ever be able to ethnically cleanse the non-Muslims. So careful what you wish for. America may end up being the next global bad guy.

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 01:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: deadeyedick

It is ok that you want to remain ignorrant that all across the world we hear the chant death to america and everyday they formulate plans to try to bring there violence here.

So? I can chant that I want a million dollars every day, it doesn't make it any closer to coming true.

Just admit that islam is to blame for the majority of violence in the world.

Why? It isn't true. We blow up FAR more muslims than they kill us or each other. Not to mention there is violence in the world that ISN'T terrorist related. Like gang killings and such. So no I will not admit to such idiocy.

To think that we can only worry about their goals when we have zero violence of our own is just what they want.

Zero violence of our own? Where have you been? THE WAR ON TERROR IN NUMBERS

During the War on Terror, civilians suffered the greatest number of deaths. The Iraq Body Count documented between 100 and 110,000 civilians who died violent deaths since 2003 (whereas WikiLeaks only mentions 15,000 civilian deaths in its WarLogs).

A study published in The Lancet medical journal estimated that there were 654,965 deaths between 2003 and 2006 – representing 2.5% of the Iraqi population. This would suggest that today the statistic would be updated to about 1,455,590 casualties.

If the figures published in The Lancet are controversial, the estimated number of victims from the Iraqi War could range from 100,000 to over one million.

According to the UN, in Afghanistan the number of civilians killed since 2006 would be “only” 9,759, of which 6,269 were killed by antigovernment forces, and 2,723 by coalition or regular army forces. Another 6,300 to 23,600 civilian deaths resulting directly or indirectly from the war between 2001 – 2003 should be added to this statistic.

Get a clue. AMERICA is responsible for the most violence in the world.

Your false assumption that they do not want you dead is helping them in their goals because you are laying the ground work for a path of thought that is misleading from reality.

I never made an assumption that they don't want me dead. I've recognized from the beginning that they want me dead. I've told you this several times now. I just don't care about it. Many people in the world want me dead for all sorts of reasons. I'm not going to waste time worrying about them if they can't do anything about it though.

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 01:24 PM
link   

If you love the islam so much, then why don't you move over there and help them out? Seeing you don't think they're closer to Nazis than US is. lol I can't believe you said that. Ya, the states are getting militarized, but ha man...what a crazy thing to say the states are closer to fascist Nazism than Islamic terrorists.

First, I don't feel America is not without fault, their own agenda and nefarious practices. But there's two evils going on and at the moment, IS is leading the charts.

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 01:30 PM
link   
a reply to: FlySolo

O come on that is not fair.

He benefits them much more by being where he is.

Get a clue. AMERICA is responsible for the most violence in the world. ks

Case Closed!
edit on 23-1-2015 by deadeyedick because: (no reason given)

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join