It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The strangest cases of déjà vu ever recorded in medical history .

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 09:45 AM
link   
a reply to: canucks555

There are a lot of theories about Deja Vu, mainly that you are seeing something very familiar that your brain doesn't have enough time to process. There are better theories out there, tho':

~ As another poster said, you could have had a "warning dream" the previous night, since your next day's activities and route were "set" in the Timeline - as were possible disruptions or danger.

~ If you believe in reincarnation, you could have experienced a "significant event" at that or similar location.

~ You may have experienced a blip of a Time Slip.

www.abovetopsecret.com...
BIZARRE TIME SLIP CASES

TIME SLIPS AND OLDE ENGLAND ... MAYBE?

TIME SLIPS - ARE PEOPLE REALLY GOING BACK IN TIME?

edit on 21-1-2015 by MKMoniker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Didn't this very same thread get posted like last week? J/K!! LOL!! Deja Vu is for sure one Trippy Phenomenon!!!
Yah I know, You already saw this comment from Me!! LOL!!

Have a Good One. Later, Syx.

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 10:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: MKMoniker
a reply to: Anyafaj

Thanks for your post. (Luv the "tasered kitty" as your avatar!)

Here are some past threads on ATS about Montauk and Time Travel:

TIME TRAVEL, U.S. SECRET COVER-UP AND THE PEGASUS PROJECT

THE MONTAUK CHRONICLES

DENVER'S GIANT BLUE MUSTANG SIMILAR TO THE ONE IN THE MONTAUK PROJECT

REINCARNATION AND TIME TRAVEL

That's another thing I'm interested in is reincarnation. I had a dream so vivid I'd swear it was real. I was at a Bazaar in India, somehow I knew it was India. I was wearing a bright yellow sari and was looking for a red silk sari. I found this beautiful red embroidered one that I wanted but didn't have enough money for. There was a call to prayer, or something signifying prayer time. Everyone began heading for an outside temple. I was talking with a friend in Hindi and I knew every word I was saying and every word she was saying, even though, I do NOT speak nor understand Hindi in life. As we were walking to Temple, I passed a mirror and I noticed I had jet black straight hair, jeweled hair piece, nose ring leading to my ear, and a bindi dot on my forehead. The temple looked like an amphitheater when I got there, then I woke up. Whether past life or not, it was a VERY trippy dream!
edit on 1/21/2015 by Anyafaj because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 11:04 AM
link   

The Hindus have long believed in Reincarnation, so in India today, there are cases every year where children will take their astounded parents to the exact house they lived and died in, in their previous life:

www.amazon.com...=sr_1_2?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1421859173&sr=1-2&keywords=reincarnatio n+%26+past+lives
RETURN TO LIE: EXTRAORDINARY CASES OF CHILDREN WHO REMEMBER PAST LIVES

Past life dreams are fascinating, but there's usually a message within. What were you and the other woman talking about? You were responding to a "call to prayer," so perhaps your Spirit Guides want you to start investigating some spiritual issues. Here's the #1 seller on Amazon on this topic:

www.amazon.com...=sr_1_4?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1421859585&sr=1-4&keywords=reincarnation+ %26+past+lives
MANY LIVES, MANY MASTERS: THE TRUE STORY OF A PROMINENT PSYCHIATRIST, HIS YOUNG PATIENT, AND THE PAST-LIFE THERAPY THAT CHANGED BOTH THEIR LIVES

And I still think some of these Deja Vu experiences relate to the viewer's past lives.

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 11:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: MKMoniker

The Hindus have long believed in Reincarnation, so in India today, there are cases every year where children will take their astounded parents to the exact house they lived and died in, in their previous life:

www.amazon.com...=sr_1_2?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1421859173&sr=1-2&keywords=reincarnatio n+%26+past+lives
RETURN TO LIE: EXTRAORDINARY CASES OF CHILDREN WHO REMEMBER PAST LIVES

Past life dreams are fascinating, but there's usually a message within. What were you and the other woman talking about? You were responding to a "call to prayer," so perhaps your Spirit Guides want you to start investigating some spiritual issues. Here's the #1 seller on Amazon on this topic:

www.amazon.com...=sr_1_4?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1421859585&sr=1-4&keywords=reincarnation+ %26+past+lives
MANY LIVES, MANY MASTERS: THE TRUE STORY OF A PROMINENT PSYCHIATRIST, HIS YOUNG PATIENT, AND THE PAST-LIFE THERAPY THAT CHANGED BOTH THEIR LIVES

And I still think some of these Deja Vu experiences relate to the viewer's past lives.

We were talking about the beautiful red sari and how soft it felt pooling in my hands. How much I wanted it, but I knew I couldn't afford it. She called me sister and said we could save our money and hope it was still there next time we go back. Now mind you this could be a dream just trying to tell me something. But it was my most vivid dream to date. I had this dream over 7 years ago and I remember it clearly to this day. There only 5 dreams I can remember this clearly. Most of them are nightmares, not pleasant ones like this. I am a very spiritual Christian. (A Love and Light one, not a "everyone is going to burn in hell!" one. I'm not sure how this would fall in my religion, possibly as "witchcraft"? Who knows? These are questions I'd love to ask a priest, but as a kid I used to get in trouble for questioning faith, so I'm sure I probably would even today, yet how do you learn without questions?)

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 05:22 PM
link   
I often experience it but I sometimes get another version whereby you're convinced that you're about to have 'deja vu' but it doesn't come to pass.

I know that's technically just nothing happening but i know what i mean - ha!

Any one else?

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 12:30 AM
link   
Hello there fellow ATS'ers!

In My opinion a Déja vù is something that occur when You start doing, smelling, seeing, something that YOU have done once in a past life or month, you Get sort of "touched" by the atoms that existed in another human beeing before in the past, reaching it's way into You're brain, And interfere with one of the senses that Trigger a feeling we call a Déja vú, or you do something that you did in a past life, something that You already did, And when a dèja vú stop, you start walking a different path than you did last time, reincarnasjon, learn from mistakes And don't do Them again, like a video game you never played before, you meet a monster, wasted all ammo, dead. re-start mission, try to find more ammo, or choose a different path. Become enlightened like NEO, And play You're own game, or continue let someone/thing play sims with ure "character"

Peace?

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 12:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: s1ngular1ty
Wild.

I once had déjà vu for a period of 10 minutes, and that alone was enough of a mind smasher lol. Or try having déjà vu, about having déjà vu, about having déjà vu. I also experienced that. Completely sober minded each time. Anyone else? Or am I The One? Lol.

Yes...several times. One time in particular, I remember stopping, and thinking to myself that I had experienced that same deja vu before and knew what was going to happen...and it did. It was a very small detail, like a nuance by someone and then a phone call and the way something turned or looked...I can't remember everything. But it was a string of things and the feeling surrounding them. The last time was quite recent, as I was driving down the road. Very odd.

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 10:20 PM
link   

A panic attack could explain some of the deja vu accounts, but I don't know that the phenomenon falls under the "one reason fits all" category.

My theory on the deja vu, if you want to call it a theory, is that in our lives, we already have a "generic" path of life that has been planned out. Now, most people get glimpses of the "path" in the form of a deja vu; most people make note of it, and move on. I'm finding that the moments where I have a lot of deja vu are around times where I'm meant to encounter something, or to encourage me to keep going.

For example, I met someone completely random walking in a park near me - It's been a deja vu every time I am with this person. What's weirder still is that we both are experiencing this, and at first, we thought maybe we met sometime way in the past (it's possible, but unlikely considering our histories).

Now, you may ask: If the deja vu represents us going along the "path" we set, then what about the times where we don't get it? It is in those times that I believe you are using the ability to "alter the matrix" (free will). Just as with a literal story, there are many ways to end up at a location: You can follow a well-known, beaten trail, or make your own. You can even stray off of the main path, and come back to it again some point in the future (another deja vu moment).

Now, I can also at least verify that one of my deja vu experiences was caused by a dream - The dream took place while I was still working at another company; In the dream I drove to a different office, and was working for a different manager. Well, I wrote it down, and forgot about it for months. And then, I went to interview for another position at (you guessed it) the building from my dream. The manager from the dream interviewed me (another deja vu moment). I almost forgot about it entirely, because I wasn't working at the same computer from the dream. Well, the company a few years later had us all move our computers to a new location, which led to the final deja vu (I was in the same spot as my dream job's computer was).

-fossilera
PS: Sorry for the long read.

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 10:39 PM
link   
Déja vu is a strange one; used to experience it frequently in childhood but hardly at all as an adult.

No reason to think there's anything paranormal going on...any more than thinking there's something wrong with reality when I feel panicky.

The brain is the most complex organ in the universe, so all kinds of things can go wrong at any one time, and with no possibility of diagnosing the problem with adequate precision.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join