It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

World Peace Is Just NOT Possible.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 05:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: stosh64
After experiencing the microcosm of ATS and many other sites over the past few years I hold out no hope for peace.

The bias, intolerance for differing opinions, elitist attitudes and plain ignorance is astounding.

Some cling to the fairytale of oneness and enlightenment, but the experience of reality leaves me little doubt of the inevitable outcome.

Sadly

What you see on ATS has nothing to do with reality. What people type here may or may not relate to their actual views. Some folks communicate that way, many do not. Me, for example: 30% of my posts on ATS are just me playing devils advocate. How can i be sure what my views on a subject are until I have prodded and probed them from other angles?

A majority of the rest is me debating the philosophical. For example: i am an anarchist philosophically. Realistically....I observe that there is a social contract that wold imply a tolerance for things like social services. I may argue from either position, depending on the discussion.

Point being: you can't take what people say on ATS, or any other website, as a barometer for public sentiment. We are typically only the squeaky wheels, anyway. Besides, if ATS were a barometer, we would already have had revolution with our well armed populace. LOL

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 05:45 PM
link   
a reply to: jude11

The consideration that murder will bring peace is simply not even logical. I want peace, so I will murder everyone who disagrees.

Yeah, not. war does not bring peace, only love does.

In some cases being sick of war and killing helps people learn more about how to love, but certainly not all cases are that way.

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 06:16 PM
link   
You are terribly wrong. World peace is not only possible, it has already happened, it is here. The negatives just haven't realized that their world is dead, they are but fading phantoms to be recycled.

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 09:29 PM
link   
Whether there will be world peace or not depends on how efficiently the human populace is controlled.

I have no doubt whatsoever that there will be a single world government at some point within the next 500 years, and that world peace will be effected, but at the cost of many human freedoms we take for granted.

Ironically, many will die in the process.

And, perhaps, the survivors will just wish they were dead.

The road to hell is paved with good intentions.

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 09:58 PM
link   
Peace is not only possible, it's actually the default state. But like some others have said, we have to first want peace rather than war. That may seem like an over simplification of it but it's really not. How much energy do we put toward war and conflict with each other rather than peaceful interactions?? What is the default state of being naturally??

We choose conflict and war. If we don't choose to attack one another then it doesn't happen does it. You an I could be in the same room for a very long time yet I won't somehow start attacking you without first choosing to do so. So by default, non-conflict is the natural state until we choose otherwise. In fact for War to happen people have to actively create it to whatever degree they choose to make it happen. However, to have peace everyone literally just has to do nothing. If nobody did a thing, just stopped doing anything, what would you have, a war, or peace??

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 04:17 AM
link   
Whilst humans exist on our Earth there will be war!

War comes as naturally to humanity as swimming to dolphins.

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 03:46 PM
link   

I thought the end of religion and world peace were around the corner when the Berlin Wall came down. What do teenagers know?

It's like the threshold towards maturity when we realise 'world peace' is unlikely to happen in our life-times. Sort of on the doorstep of maturity when we accept that world peace won't ever happen.

So we set our bar a little lower and hope to God that rational leaders will take us into a future with more Peace.

We need conflict in the ways genes communicate and it seems like it's expressed all the way through every form of existence just to keep evolving. 'Red Queen hypothesis' is the 'blight man was borne for.'

Still, cynical, jaded and fatigued...we all hope for more peace and should remember that most people are peaceful and peace-loving.

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 05:41 PM
link   
a reply to: CJCrawley

If you think the human race has more than 50-100 years left, you're delusional.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join