It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

World Peace Is Just NOT Possible.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 01:28 PM
link   
I truly believe that the only way to achieve a possible semblance of peace is through WW3. And even that will be temporary.

Many will shake their heads at Jude once again as that crazy MF who has no love of police but loves his Cap'n Crunch. And why isn't this in the rant forum? Because it's not a rant but rather a dawning reality over time that there is no way forward without stepping back. Hitting re-set if you like and this to only gain a moment's breath.

Think about where we are now as inhabitants of this planet and where we came from, our history.

We have never truly been a peaceful species have we? From our very beginnings we have been at war with those that either don't think like us, look or act like us or believe in the same things etc. We have fought over food, land, water, religion. We have fought for the right to own women as breeders to ensure our own security and survival by having children to carry on our duties and to ensure the continuation of blood lines. Whatever we have desired, coveted or needed we have fought for.

Presently we are fighting over what? Fuel, water, land and religion. Then there are those that just fight for greed and gold. It never ends does it? Our biggest battle? Our liberties, rights and freedom.

So why do I say we need a re-set in order to have even the slightest chance at peace? Because of the path we are on at this very moment there is no way to pull back and even if there was TPTB don't want to even think of it. Because let's face it, we are nothing but property and a supply of labor to them. We are also a pocket for them to reach into for anything they want at any time they want. This by means of taxes, permits, fines and incarceration from going against their laws and rules. We are in essence their property.

Will WW3 bring about peace? Absolutely not. But it will give us the chance to splinter off into smaller communities where we set our own guidelines. Some factions will of course by nature want to continue fighting amongst each other as well as with those who possess what they want in other communities so it will never truly end will it?

I often wonder what goes through the minds of the people holding up signs at rallies, in the streets, making speeches of togetherness and cooperation amongst our fellow man etc. It's just not possible IMO. We will never have peace in the true sense of the word. Many are under the impression that because they are free to go out and buy their bread and milk, work, play, raise children etc that they have peace. But that's only because war is not on their door step, in their face...yet. But what about the endless wars around the World that are happening every day? The ones we hear about and the majority that we are not even aware of?

What about the billions that live in poverty, starvation, disease, persecution, dictatorships (closer to home than many believe). Those that live only to survive each and every single day of their lives from their first breath? There is no peace for them. No equality. No justice and no one giving solutions.

When we have 1% of the population owning 50% of the wealth how is peace even possible? It isn't. Just that fact alone says it all. The only way to acquire such wealth is by taking it from others through force, theft, corruption etc. It has been documented many times over that there is enough wealth, resources, food, water to go around for every man, woman and child on Earth and yet we are made to believe that we are running short of such things so we must conquer to gain and survive. We are not running short but rather it's the wealthy taking and hoarding more than their fair share. That's how we are at the brink of WW3 every single day we wake up. We want our fair share of a planet that we all inhabit but there are those that want more.

So is World peace even possible? No it is not and it never will be. It's an absolute impossibility.

We can fool ourselves into believing that if we only get rid of the politicians, get rid of the wealthy, stand down the armies and redistribute the wealth of our planet that we can have a utopian society of sorts. But there will always be the one or two in the back of the room that wants more than his neighbor. He will recruit a few other neighbors to help in taking what is yours with the promise of sharing the gains. You in turn will recruit the other neighbors across the street to protect what you have by telling them if you lose, they will lose...and the entire cycle of neighbor vs. neighbor begins again.

So what is the point of this thread you might ask? A warning.

If you are one to believe that sooner or later we will have a planetary peace, think again because you are wrong. And thinking this way is only doing harm to yourself and your loved ones. Accept the fact that true peace is but a fallacy and you will always be ready to defend your small corner from those that will take from you. I hate even typing these words because at one time I believed peace was possible.

For example, after WW1 and WW2 the newspapers shouted "PEACE" but it wasn't entirely true was it? There were still smaller wars going on around the World but no one seemed to care because their little corner had fought, killed, conquered for their version of peace. The Govt. and corporations were still waging battles at home for your hearts and minds. Control, purchase, work, obey...on the streets of home. The race wars have never stopped within America, the religious wars never stopped abroad, the drug wars continued and escalated and the rich got richer.

I believe that the sooner we accept the fact that World peace is but an illusion the sooner we can actually get on with creating our own little pockets of peace within our own communities. But with the knowledge that even peace in that form is only held together by a thread and a weak one at that. We have to get on with our reality and stop trying to achieve a fantasy because it does more harm than good.

But what about others and am I alone in this line of thinking?

Continued...

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 01:28 PM
link   
I will offer up 2 comments from a debate site on this very topic.

www.debate.org...

Possible:

Yes world peace is possible

World peace is possible but whether the people want it is the question. Instead of offering war, destruction, violence, and crime we should allow ourselves as the human race not because of the skin color or religion or beliefs but as the human race (humanity) we should join together and obtain peace with one another. If we could all just sit down and talk about how the human race can get world peace without arguing with each other or waging war on each other we can get the same thing we are asking for which is peace.
To defeat the enemy we must become the enemy and ditch our humanity(-Eren Jaeger) which means to defeat our problem we must accept our problem and work together as a team instead of individuals.

Not possible:

If only human nature could be circumvented.

I see two kinds of peace. The peace of plenty where people would want for nothing but that is flawed to its core as it completely ignores key things in human nature. Ambition, competition, greed, jealousy, and even thing as innocent sounding as joy (some people actually get Joy from watching others suffering)

The other is the entire range of governance over people far left to far right, communism to capitalism, so many more it take forever to type them. Again it is human nature that stops world peace. People tend to rebel, you see it in toddlers, teenagers, and adults and under these forms of government (ones that strive for peace among all) they would have to deal with any threat to society big or small (with varying means of course) and if these means ever involved even the tiniest bit of violence in a peaceful world (free or not) someone will rise to call it wrong because that to is in our nature.

This very debate (like many on this amazing website) is almost evenly split showing people tend to have separate, opposite views. There are those, because people have different strengths and weaknesses, that would use those strengths over others to get ahead, if even by a little, and if everyone isn't on equal footing than you cant have true peace.

So it's very interesting to me to see that almost half of those in the debate believe peace as a possibility. But as the one poster puts it, with only half believing in the possibility, what chance is there to actually achieve it? I know this is not representative on a World scale and actually believe that more than 50% are convinced it can be attained but of those that don't believe, who are they? The rich? The powerful? The Religious fanatics? Racists? Or...is it that they don't want peace in any way shape or form because it only hurts their bottom line or belief system??

Anyways, I'll close this as this old man does ramble on when he gets a bug in his brain but what do you think? Possible? Not? Why? Why not?

Peace

edit on 20-1-2015 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 01:44 PM
link   
The Goyim will do as they're told & the Masters will use the Samson Option against anyone who denies them their Chosen One status.

Any WW3 will be their decision...

& only if people turn the questions into action...

Then we'll all be kissing a Mushroom Cloud.

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 01:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs
The Goyim will do as they're told & the Masters will use the Samson Option against anyone who denies them their Chosen One status.

Any WW3 will be their decision...

& only if people turn the questions into action...

Then we'll all be kissing a Mushroom Cloud.

I can't help but smile at your replies to my threads sir.

I guess that's better than our first go-round.

Thanks

And yes...

Peace

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 02:06 PM
link   
After experiencing the microcosm of ATS and many other sites over the past few years I hold out no hope for peace.

The bias, intolerance for differing opinions, elitist attitudes and plain ignorance is astounding.

Some cling to the fairytale of oneness and enlightenment, but the experience of reality leaves me little doubt of the inevitable outcome.

Sadly

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 02:10 PM
link   
I don't believe in WW3. Its been going on since WW2, and the people, the citizen's of the planet are the target for depopulation. It has to stop with ending corruption, having your elected minions including judges firable, that is the people can remove them, and having all the corporate laws removed, so its common law with rights and freedoms PLUS social equality and medicare. Not the worst of all systems, but the best of the systems freely chosen and freedom to own the land and not lose it with a bust or a raid. Full title not to be confiscated by Gov, because they are blackmailing every person on earth and run a mafia thuggery. It has to end.

But as far as different nations go, freedom and Good principle do not mesh, you can't unify them with theocracies or fascist states of any kind. You don't get a good one world, peace for all, you get hell on earth, and evil everywhere. We can't achieve unity with so many different types of systems, from some close to eutopic if you rid the corruption and abuse of the elite at the top and introduce open source not patents, and clean energy all the way to the worst hellzones in some sections, with people brainwashed into nonsense, violent oppressive systems. These things don't mesh, they don't unify.

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Peace isn't profitable, so yeah, I agree it's impossible.

WWIII is on the agenda I'm certain, and when it does happen, I hope I'm directly under one of those Nukes as I don't think I would want to live in the aftermath.

When we're told we have to have a war to ensure peace, what a load of Bull Shine, it hasn't ever happened yet.

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 02:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Unity_99
I don't believe in WW3. Its been going on since WW2, and the people, the citizen's of the planet are the target for depopulation. It has to stop with ending corruption, having your elected minions including judges firable, that is the people can remove them, and having all the corporate laws removed, so its common law with rights and freedoms PLUS social equality and medicare. Not the worst of all systems, but the best of the systems freely chosen and freedom to own the land and not lose it with a bust or a raid. Full title not to be confiscated by Gov, because they are blackmailing every person on earth and run a mafia thuggery. It has to end.

But as far as different nations go, freedom and Good principle do not mesh, you can't unify them with theocracies or fascist states of any kind. You don't get a good one world, peace for all, you get hell on earth, and evil everywhere. We can't achieve unity with so many different types of systems, from some close to eutopic if you rid the corruption and abuse of the elite at the top and introduce open source not patents, and clean energy all the way to the worst hellzones in some sections, with people brainwashed into nonsense, violent oppressive systems. These things don't mesh, they don't unify.

You don't have to believe in WW3 because WW3 believes in you!

Maybe it's a silent WW3 that has been ongoing and I believe it can be said that way. But I also believe the nukes will drop soon. Too many mad-men, too many nukes and too little compassion.

Peace

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 02:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: stosh64
After experiencing the microcosm of ATS and many other sites over the past few years I hold out no hope for peace.

The bias, intolerance for differing opinions, elitist attitudes and plain ignorance is astounding.

Some cling to the fairytale of oneness and enlightenment, but the experience of reality leaves me little doubt of the inevitable outcome.

Sadly

Great analogy.

ATS is often at war within itself albeit on a smaller scale than a World War. On that note it can be said that we are a representation of society in general.

Peace

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 02:39 PM
link   
a reply to: jude11

Glad I can make someone smile

Always a pleasure especially as your threads make me smile too pal.

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Lack of imagination.

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 02:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: FyreByrd

Lack of imagination.

Lack of content.

Peace

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 03:26 PM
link   

If I can bring peace into my own world say 60/40 majority then I am happy if I can get more than that I am delighted.

Humans won't destroy the planet, just ourselves, but I do think we are the most resilient of creatures and even if there are 50 of us left, we will go on an propagate the species.

If in that time those 50 see peace can only come from within for every person not from external actions, with that moment of understanding where ego is gone and understanding replaces it we will go on. If not, the universe will not mourn us.

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 03:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: zazzafrazz

If I can bring peace into my own world say 60/40 majority then I am happy if I can get more than that I am delighted.

Humans won't destroy the planet, just ourselves, but I do think we are the most resilient of creatures and even if there are 50 of us left, we will go on an propagate the species.

If in that time those 50 see peace can only come from within for every person not from external actions, with that moment of understanding where ego is gone and understanding replaces it we will go on. If not, the universe will not mourn us.

Of those 50 then there better be 25-25 men to women or...

And yes, the universe won't mourn us as it doesn't even know we exist.

Peace

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 03:38 PM
link   

An extreme technological breakthrough would be required for world peace, ie. Star Trek style replicators. 3D printing is the first step towards this type of technology, though I'm fairly certain it's too late. Humanity will be lucky to be around in another 50 years.
Though, for the humans still around in 50 years, "lucky" will probably not be the way they describe themselves, unlike all the lucky "wealthy" Sheeple that will respond to this thread. The same ones attacking the other thread about the 1% owning 50%.

That hard working 1% & their noble capitalist/corporatist views.

Long-term conditioning & brainwashing works exponentially; our generation didn't stand a chance.
edit on 20-1-2015 by Eunuchorn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 04:17 PM
link   

pride aside, the 50% ratio would be detrimental to species propogation.
maybe 5-10 males makes sense to keep gene pool variances, but technically only 1 man is needed to impregnate 49 women and gain faster human numbers. But then you come up with the Cane conundrum and hairline lips.
Anyway this is all "out there" and highly speculative.

ETA I can't think of the world peace topic without hinting of a beauty pageant

edit on 20-1-2015 by zazzafrazz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 04:33 PM
link   
There is no need for any overt, nuclear war to take place. They've already directed the Fukushima plumes over every continent and are taking us all out. Unless we wake up and overthrow these villians, and use the reverse sine to stop this. They're just playing a waiting game and its all a show currently.

So, no. I'm not fooled by the propaganda. We note the blue shadows under the trees on the snow, that isn't normal. We experienced the trots when that ocean storm turned into a polar vortex pouring down and understand what they're doing with their control of jetstreams. They're killing everyone.

And they're piping it in areas that doesnt reach, and making (oops) leaks occur in plants to the east, and also have used synthia, with corexit and BP, some time ago that is destroying carbon based life forms on top of the nuclear. And if you think you're escaping the sea food by eating chicken, well they feed fish oil to the chickens and live stock.

There is no war they need. Even their extremists are all a part of a diversion and show.

II - Leuren Moret: Jesuit Depopulation Plan=Radiation+GMOs+Vaccines+GeoEng+$Collapse+Transhuman

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 04:33 PM
link   
a reply to: zazzafrazz

1 man is needed to impregnate 49 women

Count me in!

Peace

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Sadly I agree with you. I often have thoughts of maybe WW3 being the only way for us to stop and think 'what the hell are we doing' and start giving a crap about each other. But that is just so bloody unnecessary and ridiculous that I feel bad for even having the thought.

I just cannot believe the state of the world we live in right now, it feels like a bad dream half the time. we live in a world where people are still hungry and homeless, and people turn a blind eye, we are breeding selfishness in this modern world and it ain't gonna get us very far!

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 05:21 PM
link   
We all know how it ends.

edit on 20-1-2015 by WatchingY0u because: (no reason given)

<<   2 >>

join