It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pinckney Held in Michigan in Violation of Article 48 of the Geneva Convention

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 04:32 AM
link   
Satire Alert:

It is the year 2018.

Having withdrawn from the UN and all other international organizations and brought all of its troops home and privatized water and air, Fortress America is silent to the world as the first waves of Chinese scuba divers wade ashore in Malibu at the end of their 9000 mile swim, weary, but eager to attack.

However, the enemy they seek is gone.

America, as a result of the last paroxysm of laissez faire capitalism, the privatization of air, has crumpled in on itself, with nothing left but streets littered with the skeletons of citizens twisted and destroyed by the realization of total financialization of the economy.

edit on 19-1-2015 by ipsedixit because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 04:55 AM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Tell you what why dont you rewrite your entire constitution.

Remove all amendments except the 2nd

Right to fair trials? right to be free from cruel and unusual punishment?

All dirty commie ideas anyway!

No one should be locked up and the key thrown away with no access to mail before one even has a trial!

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 04:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
a reply to: ipsedixit

Water is not a 'human' right.

Only in America can a gun be considered a 'human' right yet water not.

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Detroit was ruined by decades of political corruption.
People stopped paying their taxes and water bills.....after all, there was really nothing in place to collect the delinquent amounts. So, people and companies likely took advantage.
Detroit was still doing payroll manually.....each department sent in a paper copy of hours worked downtown for processing.....as if it were still the 70s.
This is not just about folks who all of a sudden could not afford to pay their water bill.

There a new Water Authority in Detroit, one for Detroit, the other for the Region....the suburbs will be paying millions to Detroit to lease/run their own water authority....your article is from last summer....much has happened since then.
www.detroitmi.gov...
In that amount is a Fund to help those truly in need.....whether they live in the city or a suburb.
The deadbeats will still have to pay.

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 10:24 AM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

Here is a excerpt from the following site.

prisoners 1st amend right

inmates retain only those First Amendment rights, such as freedom of speech, which are not inconsistent with their status as inmates and which are in keeping with the legitimate objectives of the penal corrections system, such as preservation of order, discipline, and security. In this regard, prison officials are entitled to open mail directed to inmates to ensure that it does not contain any illegal items or weapons, but may not censor portions of correspondence which they find merely inflammatory or rude.

Here is what they CAN do though to his mail. They can HOLD IT. for extended review lol. There is no time frame on how long it takes to get his mail.

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 10:46 AM
link   
The nice thing about the Rev you can tell he's lying because his mouth will be open. A prison 6 hours from home ! And when the move you they give you no warning because they don't want people trying to break you free. So what he's a lifetime criminal he ripped off the black community then couldn't figure out why they are turning their backs on him.
He's kind of like Sharpton he uses blackmail to get what he wanted but the local well ran dry with the Emergency Manager cleaning things up.

The plan is for him to die in prison and he has earned it!

You missed all his arrest for soliciting prostitution he has 7 or 8 if I recall.

Oh on the water thing lookup why the City of Flint is building it's own waterline even though they make Detroit look rich!

edit on 19-1-2015 by mikell because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 12:36 PM
link   
I thought the same thing as well and chuckled at how tragic such a mindset is.
Oh and I'd prefer to live in a country that DOES NOT cut off water supplies to domestic households no matter how much money is owed to the supplier. That's right folks, UK law prohibits water companies from disconnecting supply regardless of the debt. Water is considered a basic human need. I actually knew a woman who never paid it and last time she showed me a bill it was over £20,000, repaid at £2.00 per week on the orders of the civil court.

Ah well, CCW's/AR15's we may not have, but at least we are never denied water, and I'd prefer a stretch in a British nick any day over the conditions in US 'correctional' facilities.
Land of the free?! How can anyone really argue that these days, maybe back in the 1950's, but with weekly threads on ATS of cops killing folk for failing to comply, or people arrested for feeding the homeless, years in jail for possession of pot, (even laws against crossing the street in the wrong place lol) and now witholding mail from prisoners as per the OP.
Nah, I hope those gun rights compensate for the lack of rights to clean water pumped to your homes...I guess US folk priorities are different to mine, but I'm so glad I didn't have the misfortune to be born there.

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 12:54 PM
link   

a reply to: Sremmos80

The worst is this.

That guy could have done any number of things from water drives to taking up collections for them.

What HE, and the rest of us here don't have the right to pick, and choose what laws to follow, and which ones to ignore.

The entire foundation of modern society is obey the law.

Hell there are a snip loads of laws I dislike, but I don't break them.

Those that support this support anarchy.

If he doesn't, I don't, and no one else has to.

Anarchy is not anomie. Almost everything what happened in Nazi Germany was lawful. Was it right? Are you offended by comparing present day USA to Nazi Germany? OK - eat it. Last 20 years US reputation dropped below zero.
Majority of people who can not pay energy/water bills want to work but they have no chance. What they should do? With children? Move to "forest" and risk their offspring be kidnapped by some "social security" agency?

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 01:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: grainofsand
I thought the same thing as well and chuckled at how tragic such a mindset is.
Oh and I'd prefer to live in a country that DOES NOT cut off water supplies to domestic households no matter how much money is owed to the supplier. That's right folks, UK law prohibits water companies from disconnecting supply regardless of the debt. Water is considered a basic human need. I actually knew a woman who never paid it and last time she showed me a bill it was over £20,000, repaid at £2.00 per week on the orders of the civil court.

Ah well, CCW's/AR15's we may not have, but at least we are never denied water, and I'd prefer a stretch in a British nick any day over the conditions in US 'correctional' facilities.
Land of the free?! How can anyone really argue that these days, maybe back in the 1950's, but with weekly threads on ATS of cops killing folk for failing to comply, or people arrested for feeding the homeless, years in jail for possession of pot, (even laws against crossing the street in the wrong place lol) and now witholding mail from prisoners as per the OP.
Nah, I hope those gun rights compensate for the lack of rights to clean water pumped to your homes...I guess US folk priorities are different to mine, but I'm so glad I didn't have the misfortune to be born there.

America....this is what the world thinks of us. And unless I am to lie to myself, it is well deserved and completely accurate.

I am a huge gun rights advocate. But does anyone stop to think how stupid it is that we have a right to arm ourselves, but not a right to have access to water? People in Uganda have trouble getting access to clean water. How can we be having this discussion about Americans???

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 01:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

America....this is what the world thinks of us. And unless I am to lie to myself, it is well deserved and completely accurate.

I am a huge gun rights advocate. But does anyone stop to think how stupid it is that we have a right to arm ourselves, but not a right to have access to water? People in Uganda have trouble getting access to clean water. How can we be having this discussion about Americans???

Exactly

I dont have anything against the US right to arms.

But I find it hard to see how that can be a natural right yet water not?
edit on 19-1-2015 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 01:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa

inmates retain only those First Amendment rights, such as freedom of speech, which are not inconsistent with their status as inmates and which are in keeping with the legitimate objectives of the penal corrections system, such as preservation of order, discipline, and security. In this regard, prison officials are entitled to open mail directed to inmates to ensure that it does not contain any illegal items or weapons, but may not censor portions of correspondence which they find merely inflammatory or rude.

Here is what they CAN do though to his mail. They can HOLD IT. for extended review lol. There is no time frame on how long it takes to get his mail.

True but I find that pretty petty and #ty treatment of one who has not even stood trial yet.

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 01:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa

True but I find that pretty petty and #ty treatment of one who has not even stood trial yet.

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Its not about putting a bucket out or two. Its the fact that if you do not have running water, City can evict you for lack of sanitation. And they do not care how one gets the water, if its not from the pipes, it is not sanitary.

I had 2 barrels at my summer house for rain water. No pipes went that far. Only thing i missed while there was a flushing toilet and electricity of any kind.

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Fresh off the press

Todays Episode of The Good Rev Pinkey!!

The locals call him the gift that keeps on giving.

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 02:53 PM
link   
I wish all American politicians committed crimes on the scale of a Pinckney and anyone who did worse was in jail.

America would be a rich and happy country and a lot of bankers, ex-Presidents and ex-Governors would be shuffling along the side of America's highways in shackles, picking up garbage and clearing weeds.

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 02:59 PM
link   
He was in jail for a while for threating to kill his Judge and all of this is since he has been in Benton Harbor his Chicago rap sheet got him ran out of town

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 05:17 PM
link   

a reply to: Sremmos80

The worst is this.

That guy could have done any number of things from water drives to taking up collections for them.

What HE, and the rest of us here don't have the right to pick, and choose what laws to follow, and which ones to ignore.

The entire foundation of modern society is obey the law.

Hell there are a snip loads of laws I dislike, but I don't break them.

Those that support this support anarchy.

If he doesn't, I don't, and no one else has to.

Actually we were given the right to pick and choose which laws are just, thats the reason we have jury nullification to end persecution brought bu unjust laws.

"Jury nullification of law", as it is sometimes called, is a traditional American right defended by the Founding Fathers. Those Patriots intended the jury serve as one of the tests a law must pass before it assumes enough popular authority to be enforced. Thus the Constitution provides five separate tribunals with veto power -- representatives, senate, executive, judges and jury -- that each enactment of law must pass before it gains the authority to punish those who choose to violate it. Thomas Jefferson said, "I consider trial by jury as the only anchor yet imagined by man, by which a government can be held to the principles of its constitution."

The power of the jury to judge the justice of the law and to hold laws invalid by a finding of "not guilty" for any law a juror felt was unjust or oppressive dates back to the Magna Carta, in 1215. At the time King John could pass any laws any time he pleased. Judges and executive officers, appointed and removed at his whim, were no more than servants of the king. The oppression became so great that the nation rose against the ruler and the barons of England compelled their king to pledge that no freeman would be punished for a violation of any laws without the consent of his peers.

source

So our founding fathers expected unjust laws to not only be challenged but broke so that informed jurors may decide on guilt, that is not to say that the courts are in compliance with informing the jurors of this right.
edit on 19-1-2015 by AlaskanDad because: broke apart the ex paragraphs

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Water is not a 'human' right.

That is at least correct. It has nothing to do with humans or rights - it has everything to do with biological existence.

'Human Rights' are a social construct; water is a biological imperative.

Water is an existential prerequisite.

The purpose of a water utility is to ensure a clean water supply to everyone; purposefully withholding water from anyone for any reason is an abrogation of the social contract established between the people and the utility. Certainly, the infrastructure requires resources for maintenance and sharing the cost for those resources is an equitable and successful method. However, in any society there will be people who can pay and people who just cannot pay. When there is no alternative, then the society as a whole must subsidize those who cannot pay. Perhaps a solution would be to give those people who cannot pay jobs working in the water utility.

It is simply unimaginable that something as fundamental to life is denied to a human being because they cannot pay for it. I don't believe there is a word in the English language to describe how wrong it is.

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 11:06 PM
link   
Is he a fake reverend like Sharpton or is he a doctor of divinity like MLK?

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 08:51 AM
link   
a reply to: mikell

Seems like both he and Kwame Kilpatrick has done a lot to harm the citizens they supposed to champion.....

And now both think they deserve new trials

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join