It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Action Hero Liam Neeson on Paris Attack: US Gun Ownership ‘A [Bleeping] Disgrace’

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 05:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

originally posted by: Answer

originally posted by: SkepticOverlord
a reply to: Answer

Again, don't project intelligence on these people. You'll only be disappointed.

I blame it more on their environment. A life spent surrounded by liberal-arts types in Hollywood can definitely warp a person's mind.

There's also the fact that, despite their own personal beliefs, they have to toe the liberal line to keep working in the movie industry.

Do you work in the movie industry? I do and think you don't know what you are talking about. There are plenty of conservatives in the industry, plenty of gun owners, and plenty of real thinking patriots that don't believe every word Rush Limbaugh utters.

There is no liberal qualification to work in the industry. You sound like there is some huge cabal of interconnected studios trying to institute group think. That BS...!

You interpreted my words a bit too literally.

I understand that there are plenty of conservatives and gun owners in the movie industry but most of the higher-level conservative actors are not very outspoken about their ideals. They tend to fly under the radar as much as possible because, admit it, the industry is primarily run by Liberals.

Nobody is trying to institute group think (conspiracy theory, much?) but when the majority of a group have similar beliefs, it's only logical that a person who spends time with that group would have the same beliefs. Art/Acting schools aren't typically full of Conservatives.

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 05:07 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

this breitbart associated with that breitbart?

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Compare the statistics percentage of the population gun owners use them for crime versus those who keep them for self defence. I have no idea what the statistics are but how can any serious debate go forward on gun control without considering that. If we are comparing 0.0001 versus 99.999 then obviously banning guns is not a practical solution, nor can it be expected to be effective because the 0.0001 will find a way through a black market.

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 05:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: undo

originally posted by: TheArrow

If you feel so inclined, but I gotta say, don't waste your time trying to one up me, because I really don't care.

you really don't care about what ?
did you know the ukrainians were starved to death enmasse under stalin (men, women, children), and it was made possible by referring to them derogatorily, over and over and over. and this same thing was pulled off by hitler. and the same thing was pulled off by bush. and every time that kind of thing happened, huge amounts of people died?

hello? i know there's a real person with nerve endings in there somewhere. of course you care.

I don't care about the stupid oneupsmanship bull#.

Do I care what Hitler sayd about Stalin and W on the television?

Nope. Guns don't kill people and neither does the television.

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 05:36 PM
link   
a reply to: TheArrow

so propaganda is okay as long as the people it's targeting offend your sensibilities?

nah, i don't believe you would be like that. you seem like a person who actually does care, just a bit misdirected by other propaganda (same as mr. liam)

mr. liam is definitely allowed to have his own opinion on something as important as guns (or anything else for that matter). it's just, well, his fame, carries a bit more erm, shall we say, "authority" and as a result, "responsibility"?

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Typical Hollywood education.I like His movies but these people in Hollywood actualy think you can bann guns.They don't even know the CIA passes out guns with gun running ops.They have no clue Libya and Syria so called rebels now have guns because the U.S. and CIA gave them guns.Liberals do not understand you cannot bann guns .You just turn them in to the government which are the people.If the government goes bad then that government gets away with mass murder.

I like Liam Neesons latest movies but they got horrible reviews.I think the horrible reviews just might be the reason Hollywood actors get so angry.
edit on 15-1-2015 by Jobeycool because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 05:52 PM
link   
LOL

Celebs.....

"I am the little stick, you stir me into #"

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 06:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Jobeycool

do you think they actually believe that? i don't know. i'm pretty sure hollywood celebs have the same info the rest of us do, plus some.

but, lets say you believe a certain form of government is superior to another, but in order for that form of government to become a reality, you have to unseat the current one. to do that, you may have to step on some toes.

ever read any of saul alinsky's stuff? his idea was, the end justifies the means. so lying, propaganda, false testimonies, and so on, were not forbidden, as long as the end goal was worth the stain on your soul.

it's always like that in the upper eschelons. they don't think like the rest of us. whole countries destroyed, millions of people negatively impacted, and the guys at the top of the food chain, don't even bat an eyelash, regardless of whether their end goal is worth it or not.

edit on 15-1-2015 by undo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 06:37 PM
link   
a reply to: undo

Exactly....I don't understand these people who are like "ZOMG HE IS AN ACTOR, HE SHOULD BE FORBIDDEN FROM HAVING AN OPINION ON LIFE!!!"

A few of these kinda comments have shown up in this thread. Do people expect celebs to just be robots, have no thoughts for self just because they act for a living? Does the same apply for musicians who are celebs or only actors? I mean, c'mon now...we're all people no matter our profession. I sure as hell have my opinions on things but I'd hate to get recognized for what I do just so people online can tell me shut the # up, my opinion doesn't have a right just because other people know I exist. C'MON NOW!! (lol undo, this is not directed at you!)

But yeah...truth be told. I think it's good that someone with a platform speaks up on things that matter to him. Now if more celebs actually did that instead of being afraid of their stardom decreasing we could have REAL role models right there. We know, there's a lot of things to talk about that matter out there and the avg. person tends to listen to celebs and follow their lead.

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 06:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Verse

well, it's kinda of a shock to see someone you admired in a film, talking about you in a derogatory way and not just you, but your friends, family, acquaintances, doctor, lawyer, barber, dry cleaner, lawn maintenance, street cleaners, firemen, policemen, and so on. when he said "americans" he didn't mean 2 or 3 people per town. he meant the whole country.

to be honest, i think the globalists (who want a global marxist empire) have been working pretty hard on turning the world against the american people in various ways, starting with using our military to fark around with other nations, our intelligence agencies, and our money (the dollar). i'm guessing we are actually enemy no. 1 (and by that i mean, the american people themselves). and frankly, alot of other americans have the same impression. so when celebrities get out there and start bad mouthing americans, it just adds more fuel to the fire. because he said that, gun sales probably went up.

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 07:09 PM
link   
Excuse Moi

Leam Neeson Is an Actor.

Acting is strangley enough considered by most an Art ..Sylvester Stallone being the odd exception .
Just like Painting Is an Art ,Sculpting both in stone Ice or the snow all artist expressions .

Anything given intrinsic feelings of intrest ,thought .beuty even disgust can be considered an art form.

Even Mimes are considered by a few to be of artistic value.

Artistic events cant be static .
Action ,,theatre.events street theatre Movies .
Events, Memes.
Even ones bed covered in various peoples body fluids an D N A Is Art...

www.telegraph.co.uk...

Back on point Mr Neeson Is an Actor a proficient one at his chosen career.
Many of his role include violence guns expllosions ect .
He also brandishes firearms with abandon.I In a very few of his movie roles.

He Is a BAFTA award wining Actor .

His on the stage theatre work Is superb if your ever lucky enough to see him practice his craft an share Art with the audience.
Excellent Movie star he may be but watching him on screen opposed to live .

Is like seeing Lions on a safari running free in there natural environ.
Or seeing them locked up In a zoo.

His film roles speak of his range everything from Star Wars to Shindllers list.

He has every right to speak up about any subject he disagrees with.
If he thinks U S A s Gun control measures are out of control that his free an honest opine.

If Marcel Marceau had said I don't like all thease street Mimes wondering about annoying the tourists an trying to perfect there Art.

That would be hypocritical.

Marcel Marceau

Never uttered such words...

Mimes don't kill people .
I think a few Mimes put them selfs inadvertently In harms way but that's another subject.

Unlike Mimes Actors need props .
Thease could be laser shooting pens .
Or a hat props are part an parcel to an actors trade.

Wich Is trying to Entertain us.

With out props Acting Films ect would suck.

Some of thease props are guns.

As Films imitate real life situation s sometimes.

Guns Bazookas A Bombs all off thease besides weapons that fortunately don't exsist at the moment that can blow up Stars.

All Im saying Folks Is don't hate on Mr Neeson he is not a Hypocrite.

Sabrina Williams has earned millions from tennis batting a ball back an forth over a net,

And yet I bet no one would bat an eye lid If She were to say I aint got no time for hairy balls.

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 07:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: stosh64
Personally I always find it almost humorous when our royalty, the hollywood celebrity crowd, make a statement about ANYTHING outside of acting.

What isn't humorous is millions of people think that these 'celebrities' are somehow enlightened and actually consider what they say.

You got that right, it's sort of like listening to a burger jockey give an opinion on how to build a computer LOL.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Ditto Bro

a reply to: undo

Exactly....I don't understand these people who are like "ZOMG HE IS AN ACTOR, HE SHOULD BE FORBIDDEN FROM HAVING AN OPINION ON LIFE!!!"

A few of these kinda comments have shown up in this thread. Do people expect celebs to just be robots, have no thoughts for self just because they act for a living? Does the same apply for musicians who are celebs or only actors? I mean, c'mon now...we're all people no matter our profession. I sure as hell have my opinions on things but I'd hate to get recognized for what I do just so people online can tell me shut the # up, my opinion doesn't have a right just because other people know I exist. C'MON NOW!! (lol undo, this is not directed at you!)

But yeah...truth be told. I think it's good that someone with a platform speaks up on things that matter to him. Now if more celebs actually did that instead of being afraid of their stardom decreasing we could have REAL role models right there. We know, there's a lot of things to talk about that matter out there and the avg. person tends to listen to celebs and follow their lead.

Ditto

You managed to convey my thoughts exactly in a more concise coherent manner,,

And for the record Im a Scot a Brit an I LOVE Americans I Love people In genral. There ethnicity means not a jot to me.
That's why I can not understand Americans outrage.
When anyone dare suggest they might want to exercise a bit of caution on whom Is able to obtain a weapon that lets one kill with there finger.

Its because we are hating on you?

All this crazy violence Is happening daily all over the planet.
Its because I care about others welfare I worry about the amount of Weapons In civilians hands In the U S A.

If you cant understand that logic .
The same logic other English speakers have espoused on this thread.

Then this sentence must be true.

British and Americans two Nations separated by a common Language

edit on 15-1-2015 by ecossiepossie because: spelling

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 07:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: undo

well, it's kinda of a shock to see someone you admired in a film, talking about you in a derogatory way and not just you, but your friends, family, acquaintances, doctor, lawyer, barber, dry cleaner, lawn maintenance, street cleaners, firemen, policemen, and so on. when he said "americans" he didn't mean 2 or 3 people per town. he meant the whole country.

But what did he really mean? Wasn't his original point that there were too many guns in America? Too many armed people who've got no business having guns? He never mentioned your street cleaner, firemen , police officers, friends fam or doctors. That's you taking it personal. He didn't mention you at all. This has been said in this very same thread by a PRO-GUN poster (forgot who exactly) But you can't really agree that EVERYBODY AND THEIR MOMMAS should be able to own guns just because they were born?? A LOT of people aren't really there enough mentally, to own one. A gun is something only the most responsible people should have who can actually proof it somehow. Not just the next joe who wants a gun just because he can get one...that's always going to end up bad. TBH I don't think his comment was meant to be taken that personal.

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 07:48 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

I bet he carries too. I mean you need a gun if you ride horses. It completes the picture

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 08:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: ecossiepossie

All this crazy violence Is happening daily all over the planet.
Its because I care about others welfare I worry about the amount of Weapons In civilians hands In the U S A.

Exactly! THIS AND THIS!! So well said. It's not that we're so evil and we're trying to remove all the guns from the Americans so they feel all helpless and die..no , we just feel there are too many guns going around and a lot of them are in the hands of people that are unfit mentally to own guns. A guy gets sad and kills someone. A bad breakup and the day after I read about a triple murder/suicide in the papers. Or the police....felt their life threatened by a young kid with a toy gun, so they, yeah....just shoot to kill. There are just a lot of crimes and deaths that could be prevented IMO.

Earlier this winter the cops here in Iceland tried to get their hands on some crazy assault rifles...but you know what we the people did? We protested it and eventually the cops gave the weapons back (well after a lot of twists, turns and backtracking from both the police and the corrupt politicians) That's how it should be done. A peaceful revolution!!

edit on VAmerica/ChicagoThu, 15 Jan 2015 20:19:27 -060027America/Chicago by Verse because: (no reason given)

edit on VAmerica/ChicagoThu, 15 Jan 2015 20:20:21 -060021America/Chicago by Verse because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 08:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: bobs_uruncle

You got that right, it's sort of like listening to a burger jockey give an opinion on how to build a computer LOL.

Cheers - Dave

LOL....OR WHEN PEOPLE WHO AREN'T POLITICIANS TALK ABOUT POLITICS!! OH WAIT...........double edged sword aint it??

edit on VAmerica/ChicagoThu, 15 Jan 2015 20:42:11 -060011America/Chicago by Verse because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 09:22 PM
link   
a reply to: ecossiepossie

Let me explain it this way: If a bunch of lunatics with guns entered our local newspaper and began shooting---due to the gun laws in our state, those guys probably wouldn't make it out of the building except to be rolled out on a gurney.
You see, it is a comfort to me to know that most of the homes in our neighborhood have weapons to defend themselves. It is also a comfort to know that they are proficient with those weapons. The sound of gunfire in our neighborhood means somebody is practicing---and that's a good thing!
Or they are harvesting some food---and that's a good thing too.
I've seen a few of the videos of what these lunatics do so it is a comfort to me to know that no small group of crazies could come into our neighborhood and do what they've done to whole villages in the middle east. Because I know my neighbors are armed and are trained to use those arms, I don't live in fear, but in security.
That is what "gun culture" means to me---security.

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 11:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Verse

originally posted by: bobs_uruncle

Cheers - Dave

LOL....OR WHEN PEOPLE WHO AREN'T POLITICIANS TALK ABOUT POLITICS!! OH WAIT...........double edged sword aint it??

LOL, anyone can have an opinion about politics or policy, it's just not everyone can change the political landscape or policy. And if I follow your rule, I was asked to be an Minister of Parliament.....

By the Pirate Party ROFL

Oh, and I only use Katanas, they have a single edge ;-)

Cheers - Dave

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 11:42 PM
link   
a reply to: bobs_uruncle

I do support the Pirates actually. They're way better than any of that trash on the left or right IMO so respect.

BUT!! (you're not off the hook! ...noticed this?)

In your opinion you think a BURGER JOCKEY should NOT have an opinion on how to build a computer since that's not his thing right?? Therefore a regular Joe who is not a politician should not be able to have an opinion on politics because well....it's not his thing. People who do not make music and are only critics should then NOT be available to criticize said music since they know nothing about the process of making it. This also means Roger Ebert would've been employed in something different and all film critics of his kind. This also means I can't know a whole lot of the things I know. Do I have to report to you and are you and your kind the thought police? Because trust me on this one. I teach myself A WHOLE LOT OF THINGS! That have nothing to do with my actual profession. For all you know I might work with building computers but be a burger jockey hobbyist (is it allowed in reverse?) This is the problem I have with you guys saying so and so shouldn't have a voice in this or that because he works with this other thing.....it's 2015. WE MULTITASK GODDAMMITT!!
And this whole thread is in response to the events in Paris which revolve a lot around FREE SPEECH. Yet every one of you is prohibiting Mr. Neeson to study his right to free speech. So that begs the question, are you guys just hypocrites? Is it just free speech when it comes to making fun of Muslims?
Just look over this thread , people are furious that this guy has an opinion

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17 >>

join