It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

House Passes DHS Funding Bill That Prohibits Obama's Unilateral Amnesty

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 04:36 PM
link   
a reply to: cavtrooper7

Sorry, Cav, but you're wrong.

www.uscg.mil...
U.S. COAST GUARD - MISSIONS

Please read the last line. USCG was transferred to DHS in 2003. It is the only military branch not overseen by the Pentagon.

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 04:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: muse7
I don't see this even passing the senate, if it does then it'll get vetoed. Not sure what Republicans are trying to accomplish here.

It could be Muse, that the repubs want a public record of
Obama vetoing a move against his E-memos. In other words,
both sides are playing checkers and the average American
has to catch up on Barry trying to drown us in Cloward-Pivot.
No typo LOL.
If it makes it to his desk and he vetos, the mainstream media
is going to blame every Republican back to Calvin Coolidge for
writing America-hating psychodrool. Of course, both sides are
going to gridlock and both sides are guilty of writing bad laws.

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 04:45 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Here it goes, X. Get the chicken feathers ready...
I've got some tar left over from coating the high
frequency horns on the outside-- to keep the
ringing down while screaming "THEY'RE ALL
CRIMINALS tweeeeee,,,"
"At least kabuki has ornate costumery" and if he
vetos, it's just one more bargaining chit that the
Repubs won't use in the Senate to remove this
diseased husk from office.

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 04:52 PM
link   
a reply to: MKMoniker

Members of the US military DO NOT play politics or abbandon their post...www.seapowermagazine.org...

PAYMENT is a secondary consideration to the mission.
WE ALL know that our very lives are at stake,who cares about cash when honor is in play?

posted on Feb, 21 2015 @ 01:20 AM
link   
a reply to: MKMoniker

That would be because of Posse Comitatus. The primary function of the coast guard is maritime law enforcement functions at the federal level (operates under title 10 of US Code). While it is a part of DHS it can be activated for military operations and is moved to Pentagon Operations - Department of the Navy. That can be done either by the president at any time he sees fit or the US Congress.

edit on 21-2-2015 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2015 @ 08:32 AM
link   
a reply to: cavtrooper7

I'd like to agree, Cav, but I can't. Most of the rank-and-file members of any branch squeak by from week to week on "barely enough" pay.

So I'd like to think that the Coast Guard would be out there protecting our coasts, even if they aren't getting paid because Homeland Security has been temporarily shut down. But I don't know...

And what about things like "someone" paying the stations' electric bills? Or fuel for those patrol boats?

posted on Feb, 21 2015 @ 08:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

Thanks for the info.

I don't trust Team Obama. They're more the "Let's-not-tell-anyone-and-see-if-anyone-notices" type, willing to wrangle any danger into a disaster to be able to declare Martial law.

But the Department of the Navy needs to contact Congress (John McCain is head of the Armed Services Committee, I believe), and get some "contingency" plans going, I'd think. We can't leave our seacoasts unprotected with ISIS murdering anyone and everyone, and making all kinds of threats. And they are totally capable of embedding themselves in "immigrant boatloads" from anywhere ...

posted on Feb, 21 2015 @ 12:02 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Looks like the Pretender In Chief might have found a Way around that ..............

" Obama to seek emergency order restarting immigration programs.... "

thehill.com...
edit on 21-2-2015 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2015 @ 08:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Zanti Misfit

They will still be required to argue / support their position that the first judge errored in their ruling.

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 08:08 AM
link   
This whole sudden story of foreign terrorists targeting ... the deep inland Mall of the Americas, looks like major misdirection to me:

www.cnn.com...
AL SHABAAB CALLS FOR U.S. MALL ATTACKS - FBI AND DHS DOWNPLAY STORY

The really BIG story this week will be if Congress re-budgets DHS, whose contract runs out Friday, Feb. 27th.

And instead of rushing to protect shopping malls, we should be more concerned with either passing a Congressional budget for DHS - or at least seeing that the U.S. Navy temporarily takes over the U.S. Coast Guard (which is under DHS - not the Pentagon) to avoid boatloads of illegal immigrants with embedded terrorists hitting our shores while DHS is shut-down.

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 10:00 AM
link   
The U.S. government is such a mess - especially when it comes to immigration. Obama can't bring himself to say the word "Terrorist," while others in Team Obama are quick to label super-patriots "domestic terrorists."

The problems with Mexican illegals is standard when you have a rich superpower next to a poor country run by narco-terrorists. They've worked in our fields, homes and businesses for decades, and many are bilingual. I have no problem with giving long-term illegal residents citizenship. Yet the continuing hoards across the southern border are mainly young male criminals. And Team Obama suddenly chokes on the idea of separating out the deserving from the un-deserving and violent predators.

Yet SOMEONE in the world - surrounded by oceans instead of borders - can see clearly enough, Thank God!

www.nytimes.com...
SECURITY CRACKDOWN IN AUSTRALIA
They are revising their national security laws, with tighter immigration laws. Including revoking the citizenship or curbing the rights of those involved in terrorism.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join