It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Personal Account of UFOs in 90s Rural Maine

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 11:57 AM
link   
My own first thread! Hello.

As a kid in rural Maine (Sidney), UFOs were an interesting but fairly commonplace occurrence. If you spent a week outside looking up, day or night, it was likely that you'd see a saucer or a triangle, at least at my house.

I'll include my most memorable experiences to give you an idea of the activity in the area in the 90s. I can't speak for the current state of affairs because I no longer live there.

My first really memorable sighting (the most spectacular of my life) was in June of 1990 at age 7. I was alone in the front yard, catching fireflies in the dark, and ended up near the road. At the time we rarely had cars go by, especially at night, so it was perfectly safe for me to be out there, theoretically at least. I caught something from the corner of my eye and looked up the road. An enormous craft was hovering over a field, obvious in the light of the moon. At first it was just a hulking shadow and I froze to stare at it. It was similar in shape to the iconic "black knight" satellite except the nose was straight and more rounded, making the bottom flat without obvious protrusions. It was definitely not a saucer or cigar. If you look at the screenshot, you can see how large the field is. The craft covered almost the entire space. It was about as tall as a 2 story house and as far as I could tell it was matte black.

All of my hair prickled and suddenly dark purple lights (similar to a wide strip of led blacklights) flared up in a band around the side of the ship. Above the band I also observed what appeared to be a strip of reflective glass (also black) that could have been a bank of windows, extending from midway down the ship and arcing over its nose. It was high enough off the field that I could see faint yellow, white and red "landing lights" in a circle on its belly at the same time the purple came alight. I could only see the profile and part of the bottom of the ship. It was completely silent and the all of the lights offered very minimal illumination on the field.

I ran to the house for my life. Minutes later my father walked to the end of the driveway to look and it was no longer there. I would describe this vehicle as a 'mother ship' as the others I've seen are MUCH smaller.

One winter night my mother and I stepped out of her car into the driveway and I was staring at the stars while she gathered up groceries. I observed a yellow triangle moving across the sky and called it to her attention. It moved over the stars, making it clear that it was below them. The triangle was lit solidly yellow with no discernable features. It was shortly joined by two other identical craft, at which point they flew briefly in separated triangular formation. They split apart and began a series of complex maneuvers, nearly colliding at times from what we could see.

At that point my mother said "it's like they know we're watching". 20-30 minutes later, the 3 craft returned to their original formation and then MELDED into a single solid yellow triangle. From our vantage it was about the size of a Kennedy half dollar. The single triangle then zoomed almost instantaneously over the horizon at an incredible speed. No sound.

We saw singular or groups of solid yellow triangular craft after that, but never observed that particular formation again. There was never any noise.

On 12/2/92 and again on 12/9/92 a large craft with an apparent cloaking device was recorded hovering over my elementary school, playground and fields before zooming away. It was witnessed by a teacher's aide and two people who lived directly across the street. The man with the camera taped it both days. This emitted a loud hum and was witnessed both at night and during the day. It was reported in several local newspapers and tracked on radar.

thecid.com...

thecid.com...

(The picture on those two links is generic I believe)

There's also a similar description from UFO Newsclipping Service, January 1993.

At age 14 during an August afternoon I was gazing out the bay window of our home, which faced directly across the street. Behind the houses there was a deep wood. I noticed a multitude (10-15) silver saucer-shaped craft cavorting over the tops of the trees an estimated 1/4 mile away. They were fairly small and performing just as the yellow triangles had, except this time they were close enough to the ground that we could see them shifting on their axis' to narrowly avoid colliding with each other. They seemed to be barely skimming the tops of the trees at their lowest. I called my sister and mother. We went outside near the road and watched them for 10+ minutes, at which point we were joined by two neighbors. The show lasted another 10 minutes before the craft dipped out of sight behind the trees.

These were pure silver, glinting in the sun, no obvious external features and classic saucer shape with a center bulge. There was no noise.

On 3 occasions, a black vehicle stopped directly in front of our house with its window down. Two men in suits and sunglasses were within. On one occasion they just looked at me and I stopped playing in the front yard to stare back at them. I assumed they must be lost and want directions but being a smart kid I didn't approach and instead yelled at them to ask. They did not respond. The staring went on for approximately two minutes before they drove away very slowly.

The second and third times they had a long lens camera and took multiple snaps of me.

On all three occasions it was summer and I had been playing in the front yard. My mother was aware of these MIB and on the third incident she attempted to approach them after seeing them through the window, at which point they sped off with squealing tires. I can't say if they were the same men each time or not.

My mother assumed they were attempted kidnappers or pedos. My father speculated that they may have been casing the house related to his time spent in the Navy.

What does ATS think?
I've attached a google map image which I've clumsily tried to indicate event locations.

Pin = My House
Purple = Mothership
Cerulean = Silver craft
Yellow = triangles were high in sky almost directly overhead.

I can't get the photo to pop up, so just click!

edit on 14-1-2015 by FireflyStars because: na

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 12:16 PM
link   
I, too have had many UFO sightings. I've seen a "yellow triangle" land. Actually it was a more orangish, similar to the color of a cherry on a cigarette. I would estimate it was about 15 or 20 foot wide at the base. It had an odd 2 dimensional appearance. I couldn't tell if it was conical or faceted.
I know what your mom meant when she commented that it seemed like they knew you were watching them.
The one I saw would mimic a flashlight I was signaling it with.
I'm curious why some people have seen these things many times and others don't even believe they, whatever they are, exist.
I've never encountered the MIBs, but I have had a bizarre encounter with a man in a white truck, wearing a light gray uniform, and sunglasses at night. He didn't come off as threatening in any way, he just asked a lot of strange questions and we had a really odd conversation with subjects jumping all over the place.

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 12:24 PM
link   
You know there are a few other posters here at ATS that have either seen themselves or have heard from others they trust triangles meeting up with other triangles joining and then zipping off at high speed.

Also, the violet colored band of light running along the rim of the craft has also been reported by others here at ATS. The colored band has even been seen on smaller individual seater type of craft. It sounds like some sort of military experimental project using some novel form of propulsion. Google WEAV type of craft and tell me if the color matches what you saw. Would be interesting if they were experimenting with plasma lifters back then.

As for the yellow triangles. Can you explain the yellow better. Like was it a solid yellow? Was it more like a yellow created by ionized air surrounding he craft? Did it change in intensity? etc....

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 12:36 PM
link   
a reply to: BASSPLYR

The triangles were completely solid illuminated yellow, a pale lemon color with no flickering. They were not outlined, the crafts were seemingly 'made' of the light and that was all we could see. They appeared fairly high up, possibly the height of a low flying plane. Hard to say.

WEAV is UNCANNILY similar in color to what I saw on the 'mothership'. The light strip was solid (did not look like individual bulbs) and flush with the hull. It wasn't at the bottom of the ship, rather a bit low of center.
edit on 14-1-2015 by FireflyStars because: clarify

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 01:06 PM
link   
a reply to: FireflyStars

Nice first thread Firefly!

I thoroughly enjoy reading accounts such as yours which for whatever reason seem to be in short supply on ATS of late.

I have a couple of questions regarding the MIB:

1) Was their vehicle a late model?

2) Were their facial features and body motions strange in any way noticeable?

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 01:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: dezertdog

1) Was their vehicle a late model?

2) Were their facial features and body motions strange in any way noticeable?

Thanks!

In regards to the MIB it was just what you would imagine. The car was black, 90s era, tinted windows, dark interior. I would guess it was a Lincoln towncar. Both men wore identical black suits and tinted aviator glasses. They were clean shaven and had white shirts with black ties. Neither of them spoke or changed facial expression at any time. On the third occasion they pulled onto the wrong side of the road to do a u-turn and keep the passenger side to me, and only the front passenger window was ever opened.

They looked normal, late 30s or early 40s. Their movements were stiff but I attribute that to their clothing.

I HAVE had what I would call a paranormal experience at the same location with a "man" whose face and form shifted, what my mother and I refer to as the "grey man" but I'll save that for another thread and another day.

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 01:23 PM
link   

What I would like to know Fire, is what do YOU think of these sightings. Clearly most everyone else in the world has not even had one sighting let alone bunches of them as you report. By your account they were numerous, varied, and spanned a period of several years. And, as you say, there was that mothership.

Do you have any speculation on why your area was important to these UFOs? I say important as this spanned several years.
Do you have any speculation on why your home seemed to be central to these events?
Do you have any speculation on if maybe you or your family were the focus of these events?
What kind of intervening chatter was there among neighbors during this period, other than the reported stories in the neswpaper?
Were there stories mentioned around the community of sightings other than the ones you witnessed?

Many people here at ATS go gaga if they see a utube video of fuzzy lights in the sky. How have these sightings of your effected your life, effected your philosophical view points on existence.

When I was young I had three serious sightings and I immediately told everyone. These came in the 1960s. They affected me deeply, sculpting my development over my life time. How about you?

Now as a senior, live out in the country, away from city lights and with few neighbors. Our weather is good and it is common for us to sit out under the stars for hours. In twelve years here we have not even had any of those fuzzy lights in the sky. For that matter, I have not had a sighting for over 50 years. All of this makes me wonder. How about you?

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 01:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: skunkape23
I know what your mom meant when she commented that it seemed like they knew you were watching them.

That is very interesting to me because the craft seemed to react to what we were saying. For example, we were exclaiming over their erratic patterns and our concern for collision when they suddenly stopped and resumed their previous stationary triangular pattern. It was just bizzare and it's so strange you can correlate!!

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 01:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: FireflyStars

That is very interesting to me because the craft seemed to react to what we were saying. For example, we were exclaiming over their erratic patterns and our concern for collision when they suddenly stopped and resumed their previous stationary triangular pattern. It was just bizzare and it's so strange you can correlate!!

The psychic connection with the observer is by far the most puzzling aspect of these things.
They seem to be something far more complex than aliens from another planet buzzing around in vehicles.
I have had the impression that they were not vehicles at all. That the object I was viewing was actually a sentient being in and of itself.

edit on 14-1-2015 by skunkape23 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 01:50 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

These are only the most notable accounts from that time period. There were many others, seeing a yellow triangle became pretty mundane actually. Lol. Almost all of my experiences were with another person or multiple people. Our ring of neighbors within a half mile at least were aware of activity although many would try to deny there was anything unnatural happening (conservative, religious community.).

We had a National Guard armory about 20 minutes away, next to the tiny Augusta airport. To me, even as an inexperienced child, the MIB just screamed GOVERNMENT at me. However, I did also experience what I would classify as paranormal incidents when we lived there. I'm on the fence to this day. I believe in aliens wholeheartedly but I don't know if that's what we saw. The MIB only took pictures of me. I never heard of them engaging anyone else. My family and 1 neighbor all saw them.

Our area was remote, and there was a cluster of about 20 homes surrounded by woods and what is known as "the Sidney bog" so if the government wanted an experimental area with humans I'd say it was pretty ideal. But other people reported sightings all over Sidney, and ONLY Sidney. Again though, my neighborhood was a reflective microcosm of Sidney itself and the town was remote and surrounded by woods.

I've only witnessed 1 other UFO since leaving Sidney, a yellow triangle. Living there sparked a lifelong interest in me for Space and E.T.s. I have never been abducted and I am not afraid of aliens, rather fascinated, although the 'mothership' scared the pants off me.

One other thing - once in the late 90s a salesman knocked on our door selling aerial photographs and tried to get us to buy one of our house for something like $200. It was random and strange. We lived in the boonies and it seemed odd he'd show up with a framed aerial photo of our property.

I hope that answered most of your questions.

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 01:54 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

I'm also very skeptical of sightings and videos because I know what the 'real thing' looks like vs say a balloon, spotlight, grey bird with sun reflecting off it, etc.

I think a good majority of sightings are a case of mistaken identity. That may seem hypocritical considering what I have seen, but I was exposed repeatedly to the same phenomena and learned to recognize them.

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 02:02 PM
link   

I believe I've seen the black, cocoon craft that you are talking about, but only on two separate occasions in the span of 6 months if I remember correctly. It looked as big as house or a medium size plane from my perspective, but I don't really recall any lights coming from it, just black gleaming metal, floating silently, almost un-noticed, and near an airport on a clear, blue summers day at work.

I've seen what I'm guessing is also similar to your yellow triangle, but where as it seemed to be at an incredibly high altitude. It almost looked star to me, and had a zig zag movement to it. Where it would move forward, side to side, but at certain points in it movement it looked like it went back, then moved forward with more inertia it seemed.

As for the large cloaked craft, I personally believe, from my standing, is that they are multiple craft just holding a well stationed formation, possibly giving the impression that its a large craft. And that they can act or move around much like the silver object you talking about skimming the top of trees. They could also change their colours too, and may have been the same one, but who knows.

As for MIB, I have never had an encounter with, but as for them taking pictures of you, they could of just been making a case study of sorts as to why they are showing up.

Good thread.

edit on 14-1-2015 by Specimen because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 02:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Specimen

"Cocoon" is a good word for that one. It was the height of a 2 story house. But MUCH bigger. Mine was matte black but they sound similar. Mine also "hung there".

The ones witnessed over the school (which was 20 min from my house) were described as zigg-zagging. One made a loud him and the other was silent.

I'm so glad I posted. I haven't really done any research on UFOs although I find the idea of alien life very interesting. This is all so intriguing, especially the apparent 'psychic' connection with the triangles. I had NO idea anyone ever experienced the same thing. So many stories add up that it is impossible that we're all imagining it.

I'm really glad I joined ATS!

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 02:51 PM
link   

It just, the black cocoon craft was rather odd when I first saw it, since it appeared to be floating or bobbing up and down, staying vertical in it stature when it was moving and with virtually no sound. Even though most ideas of flying, alien(strange) craft is that that usually float horizontal, but it was floating vertically.

I've seen other strange craft over the years, but this one virtually made the hair on the back of my neck stand up when I saw it while I was sitting on a curb. I even waved at it, where I think I did got a response from it.

ATS has alot of stuff on UFO and Aliens, but you will find a lot of bickering about whats real, or who saw this, or who said that. And a good portion of it left to superstition I'm afraid.

Im sure you will find other people who have had experiences similar to yours, just gotta do some digging.

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 02:58 PM
link   

I couldn't tell if it was conical or faceted.

I just saw this. All of my triangles, no matter what maneuvers they were doing, have always been perfectly triangularly shaped. I understand exactly what you mean about having a two-dimensional appearance.

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Wow! In all my time living in Maine, I've never had an experience like yours. I've seen strange lights in the night sky that didn't appear to be conventional aircraft but nothing that I could confirm as unidentified. It seems the farther north in the state you go, the more frequent the experiences become. The Allagash case comes to mind. I'll definitely be watching the skies a bit more closely now though. Thanks for sharing.

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 03:31 PM
link   
I went to bed one night and woke up standing by the sliding glass doors that lead onto the back deck. In the back yard just above the tree line, I saw a dark grey saucer it had dark red dimly lit rectangular lights all along the edge of the disc. I thought about my wife lying back in bed and I called to her.... then I realize she couldn't hear me because THEY are here and time has stopped. Next, I found myself standing in the back yard. How did I get here, I found myself asking myself? I was looking up at it, it was about 50 feet in diameter and about 20 feet above. Its in stealth mode, I remembered saying to myself and suddenly I felt as if millions of steel needles were touching every inch of my body, it was electricity all over me. I began to levitate up and I began to pedal my legs like a bicycle and move my arms in circular motion, yeh I'm off the ground, I thought to myself and I began to really freak out. I was terrified and then, I blacked out waking up in bed. True story. What do you think?

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 03:33 PM
link   
a reply to: HUMBLEONE

I think you had a nightmare.

My entire neighborhood wasn't sleeping.

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 04:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: FireflyStars
a reply to: HUMBLEONE

I think you had a nightmare.

My entire neighborhood wasn't sleeping.

It was a nightmare but I wasn't sleeping

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 10:12 PM
link   
I too have seen a couple of strange things but the one time it was unmistakeable...and they flitted off very fast when I began to go into a panic fight or flight mode.......like a light bulb going out they were gone....

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join