It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

School Urges Students to Bring Canned Goods to School...to Attack Intruders

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 10:49 PM
link   
Wow. This ranks right up there with my son's school's tornado precautions. Yeah, for just $25 they will give my kid a helmet and a blanket. Because tornados can't get you if you hide under your blanket....lol.

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 10:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: AnuTyr

i think you're underestiming 30 kids holding what would feel like a solid brick of metal smashing into their would be intruder.

And if it became a drill. i'd imagine they would get pretty good at it xD.

So basically you'd have them practice how to stone a human being to death. Lovely.

PE isn't what it used to be.

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 10:55 PM
link   
Why dont they just bring guns to school?, surely nothing could ever wrong with that. Guns have been proven to be completely safe things to have and do not impact a society in any negative manner especialy when you completely deregulate the sale of them.

If you wanna save lives you need something that can kill, makes sense.

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 11:07 PM
link   
hey cans work, when i was a teenager 14,15 i used to work a full service gas station next to the interstate.
this was back when oil and transmission fluid came in quart cans.

one day this hitchhiker tried to robed us. pulled a knife on the owner and myself. he gave him the money and the guy went out the door with the owner right behind him. on the way out the owner picked up a can of transmission fluid and threw at the guy and hit him right in the back of the head knocking him down, he immediately jumped on top of the guy while i called the cops. the hitchhiker at first thought his head was busted open because it rang his bell and the red fluid. he was going on and on about his head hurt and he was bleeding to death till we told him what it was.

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 11:10 PM
link   
Maybe a more effective way to deter an intruder would be to have responsible adults bring guns.

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 11:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: hounddoghowlie
hey cans work, when i was a teenager 14,15 i used to work a full service gas station next to the interstate.
this was back when oil and transmission fluid came in quart cans.

one day this hitchhiker tried to robed us. pulled a knife on the owner and myself. he gave him the money and the guy went out the door with the owner right behind him. on the way out the owner picked up a can of transmission fluid and threw at the guy and hit him right in the back of the head knocking him down, he immediately jumped on top of the guy while i called the cops. the hitchhiker at first thought his head was busted open because it rang his bell and the red fluid. he was going on and on about his head hurt and he was bleeding to death till we told him what it was.

Good thing he didnt miss and end up getting you both killed.

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 11:15 PM
link   
a reply to: thesmokingman

naw i don't think he would have got the best of mr. f------in, he was a big man everybit of 6'5" 250lbs. arms as big as my thighs.
he told the cops he gave him the money to get him out of the office. so he could get a shot at him.

if nothing else he would have got in his truck and run him over.

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 11:16 PM
link   
Why don't they just put The Boot on each classroom door and keep the door shut?

www.thelockdownco.us...

Thornapple Kellogg Schools

Shawn Hayward shows The Boot installed on a classroom door Thornapple Kellogg School District put more than 325 Boots on its doors for security
SCHOOLS PUT ON 'THE BOOT', AMONG OTHER SECURITY MEASURES
- See more at: www.schoolnewsnetwork.org...
edit on 13-1-2015 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 11:22 PM
link   
What depths of unsanity we are sinking to......it comes to mind theres a lot of mindless clones out there the world probably wouldn't miss........and so it goes....................

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 11:33 PM
link   
This makes me think of Children of the Corn, or some such scenario, and I can just see after something like this being done, how a group of say, the more direct and stern type of students would begin to patrol the halls and be the leaders, and then one day a new custodian came in on his first day on the job to start cleaning but before he can get his cart and supplies, the large can wielding mob of kids comes around the corner and sees him and immediately their eyes turn cold, dark and glassy without smiles, showing anger, and they all shout Get Him! and they pelt him with cans relentlessly until he looks like a Alfred Hitchcock movie victim.

Then the news announces the tragedy.

Yeah, the gun control crowd says let us make the kids be responsible for their own safety in our Gun free zones! (edit: the former LEO is either doing this because he is a full blown member that is successfully indoctrinated into the group mind of the gun control advocacy of the liberal left, and many on the right, or he is just crazy. )
What brilliant minds are working together with a former police officer to come up such amazing and talented solutions in the nations security industry!

Interesting how the people who are politically connected to this logical fallacy of a multiple times failed tragic law have their own kids attending private schools with full time armed personnel assigned to protect their own kids.
edit on 13-1-2015 by NoCorruptionAllowed because: added for clarity

edit on 13-1-2015 by NoCorruptionAllowed because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 11:45 PM
link   
this kind of stupid makes my head hurt....how long until some genius comes up with a plan to just arm all school kids with guns to protect themselves from intruders

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 07:26 AM
link   
a reply to: TheArrow

Fried SPAM sandwiches are dangerously good. It sounds like the guy is trying to be relevant but just can't grasp the concept. Just tell him to keep his opinions to himself and let the professionals deal with securing the children. Ask him to test his theory by walking down the street at night in the ghetto with two cans of tunafish.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join