It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mayor of Rotterdam to Jihadists: "If you do not like it here then you can **** off.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 11:47 PM
link   
I'm not surprised a politician would say such a thing. It draws attention to them to build their "brand name" when elections come around again. Politicians here say similar things, one mayor has said publicly that he will shoot and kill any drug dealer. Another mayor slapped a drug dealer's face as he was being arrested. Both incidents made local headlines of course, and they're still in power.

However, the whole "if you don't like it then leave" is still one of the most childish arguments I repeatedly hear. Most usually this argument appears in threads concerning 'Murica, where people use that argument for complex issues all the time instead of coming up with a real solution.
edit on 14-1-2015 by Philippines because: minor edit

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 11:53 PM
link   
If I was so unhappy in a country and I couldn't agree with the laws of the country , I would leave.

I applaud this person for telling the truth.

If you hate your country find another one and move.

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 01:27 AM
link   
Dang it, I'm stuck with Obama instead. We need more leaders across the world like him.

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 01:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: FalcoFan
a reply to: jude11

Good for them.

Maybe my country's leaders could grow a pair and act against the muslims locally.

(get ready for the terrorist supporters to start screaming and crying)

Gosseyn already seems to have beat you to it

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 01:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: MALBOSIA
This should be said for every Chinatown in any country outside of China.

Takes big nuts to kick a dog when it's down. Oh wait, no it doesn't.

What are you on about?

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 02:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: jude11
How much more blunt can one be?

And polite as well! "May I say you can F*** Off!"

Ahmed Aboutaleb, Mayor of Rotterdam, made the comments on live TV hours after jihadists had massacred 12 people at the offices of newspaper Charlie Hebdo. The 53-year-old said it was "stupid" and "incomprehensible" to be against freedom of speech and those who feel that way should "vanish" from the West. The Moroccan born politician said: "It is incomprehensible that you can turn against freedom. "If you do not like it here because some humorists you don't like are making a newspaper, may I then say you can f*** off.
www.dailymail.co.uk... e-TV.html

www.theblaze.com...

Seems to me that this is about as clear as anyone can be. That goes for freedom of speech, maybe the food, clothing, customs, laws...If you don't like where you are...leave! You are free to do so.

Peace

The Australian PM has said something similar in recent times... Though he didn't quite use the "F" word, the look on his face indicated he might have liked to...lol
edit on 15-1-2015 by BobaFettish because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 10:55 AM
link   
a reply to: doobydoll

And he's Moroccan to.. good statement from someone who has Islamic backgrounds.

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 06:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: mugger
Dang it, I'm stuck with Obama instead. We need more leaders across the world like him.

It kind of feels like we got the short end of the stick with him, or the long depending on how you view that stick being used on us.

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 08:10 AM
link   
I can see what he's trying to do but it is like the previous poster said ,pretty childish, I'm British and if i dont like something about my country then i would fight to change it, not leave.
Although obviously i mean fight in a political, not physical kind of way.

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 08:14 AM
link   
Obama or Cameron would NEVER have the guts to say that

why?

because its not `politically correct`

whoever created political correctness is guilty of creating a cancer which will end up killing modern society!

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 04:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: WilsonWilson
I can see what he's trying to do but it is like the previous poster said ,pretty childish, I'm British and if i dont like something about my country then i would fight to change it, not leave.
Although obviously i mean fight in a political, not physical kind of way.

He's not leaving his Country. He's telling others to leave if they don't like HIS Country.

Peace

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 05:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Wildbob77

Exactly what I did, I emigrated. On my Citizenship Ceremony I pledged to respect the freedom of choice in my new country.

But guess which nasty little extremists also pledge this then want Shariah Law to prevent freedom of choice.

I don't have a problem with any religion until it becomes a problem and I agree the vast majority of followers of Islam seem perfectly normal, however, their devotion to their faith (ie. they put it first and it is worth more than life) makes me very suspicious. Just because they aren't active extremists, doesn't mean that everyone of them puts that book ahead of everything.

They run their lives by it, call to prayer, drop everything. Until they can prove that society first and religion is a personal preference which you are free to practice, then I don't think there is wholesale trust.

They are very insular, they could be at the forefront of acceptable Muslim faith in every country, promote, no insist on openness, parade in the street singing and giving joy, wind in all the extremist, promote freedom of choice by choosing not to force marry, not to force Muslim only families, to allow children not to follow religion and to promote what it is that is so good about the Muslim faith that other religious types might consider it.

But no, they won't do this, it might be because the religion is still based in a majority 3rd world where harems child abuse, women abuse, goat abuse, honour killings and appalling human rights is commonplace?

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join