It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

4 year old girl feeding 5 pit bulls

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 02:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs
Most beautiful dogs on the Planet...
Most loyal dogs on the Planet...
Most protective dogs on the Planet...
One of the best scents in a dog on the Planet...

Narrative:
Only dangerous dog on the Planet...

I've had 2...
Never had a problem with them in a collective of 13 years...

In fact...
My year and 4 month old Ghost was attacked yesterday by a full grown Mastiff...

Sadly I wasn't there or the Mastiff would be dead now...

That's why I wasn't on last night, looking after Ghost instead.

But he's a trooper, solid as a rock for his young age...
He just shook his head and licked the blood that dripped from the wounds on his neck...

Tough as nails!

I'm sorry your dog was hurt and hope he recovers!

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 06:47 AM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

Sorry to hear about what happened. I have a question for you since I don't live in the UK anymore...

In Holland, you must always have your dog on a leash in public, is the same true in the UK? It is often the best way to prevent it

And I have another question for you...

Was it an English Mastiff? I just googled but there are many Mastiff breeds. Wiki for the English breed reads thusly:

Temperament.

The Mastiff breed has a desired temperament, which is reflected in all formal standards and historical descriptions. Sydenham Edwards, wrote in 1800 in the Cynographia Britannica:

What the Lion is to the Cat the Mastiff is to the Dog, the noblest of the family; he stands alone, and all others sink before him. His courage does not exceed his temper and generosity, and in attachment he equals the kindest of his race. His docility is perfect; the teazing of the smaller kinds will hardly provoke him to resent, and I have seen him down with his paw the Terrier or cur that has bit him, without offering further injury. In a family he will permit the children to play with him, and suffer all their little pranks without offence. The blind ferocity of the Bull Dog will often wound the hand of the master who assists him to combat, but the Mastiff distinguishes perfectly, enters the field with temper, and engages in the attack as if confident of success: if he overpowers, or is beaten, his master may take him immediately in his arms and fear nothing. This ancient and faithful domestic, the pride of our island, uniting the useful, the brave and the docile, though sought by foreign nations and perpetuated on the continent, is nearly extinct where he probably was an aborigine, or is bastardized by numberless crosses, everyone of which degenerate from the invaluable character of the parent, who was deemed worthy to enter the Roman amphitheatre, and, in the presence of the masters of the worlds, encounter the pard, and assail even the lord of the savage tribes, whose courage was sublimed by torrid suns, and found none gallant enough to oppose him on the deserts of Zaara or the plains of Numidia.

Sounds to me like another bad owner...

new topics

<< 1  2   >>

join