It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

4 year old girl feeding 5 pit bulls

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 04:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ridhya
a reply to: Tangerine
And yet we dont see cocker spaniels killing cows now do we

or for that matter hunting little girls

I know it was rhetorical on your part, but you have no idea how much I would love to ban humans!

It wasn't entirely rhetorical.

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 05:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ridhya

I know it was rhetorical on your part, but you have no idea how much I would love to ban humans!

Ban humans? You first....

To the OP

The title of this thread really threw me... I was expecting something else...

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 05:46 AM
link   
a reply to: cArLoSCuBsTaR

Pffft, I didn't know the "Don't stare at it in the eyes" thing with dogs cos I'm a cat man. The first "fighting" dog I did that to (gently!) looked right back at me, then came and put her head in my lap. "It's OK, I'm not here to hurt you". (Pit Bull Terrier)

Learn the breed, know the consequences. I'd trust the 2 dogs I mentioned above over most humans. Character, not muscles. A dog is a pack animal, and needs a leader, or at least a social/pecking order. Or it will be the leader.

edit on 13/1/15 by LightSpeedDriver because: Typo

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 06:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Domo1

Yeah, I own 4.

Two Red Nose, a Blue Nose and standard Staffordshire.

I've raised many a child under this roof with this 'evil' dogs, or as some people like to think..

Yeah, evil, sure. 3 of them are afraid of their own shadows and the 4th routinely gets beat up by a cat.

Never the breed, always the owners.

Cute kid.

~Tenth

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 06:58 AM
link   
I'm very leery of these dogs and some others as well. There are just too many stories of them turning on owners who loved and treated them like their own child as well as them mauling children. They just scare me. I got attacked by a dog as a child and there used to be a big dog that would run after people before leash laws were in place. I had to cross the street every day walking to school for fear that dog would attack me. I'll stick to cats. LOL

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 08:04 AM
link   
Very cute video. The little girl has a leadership presence and that's what it's all about.

I'm not crazy about feeding them all from a pile, but it works for them.

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 08:08 AM
link   
Our family dog back in the 60's was a British Bull Terrier, the original 'Pit Bull'.

'Leo' was gentle as a lamb, but not too bright.

Liked to bury bones in the middle of double bed mattresses.

We lost him when he bolted out our front door and ran into the hubcap of a passing taxi.

'Simba' replaced 'Leo' and was from the same breeder.

Before she was 6 months old we had to get rid of her because she was vicious.

Same breed, same blood line, same owners, totally uncontrollably mean.

So much for "it's not the dog, it's the owner".

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 08:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Psynic

I'd bet my dog that there was a difference in how she was raised. You don't have to train any dog to be mean. If the leadership is off or the people are seen as weak somehow, ANY dog can and will become unbalanced.

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 08:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic
Very cute video. The little girl has a leadership presence and that's what it's all about.

I'm not crazy about feeding them all from a pile, but it works for them.

Me either! And not even in bowls!

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 09:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: LightSpeedDriver
a reply to: cArLoSCuBsTaR

Pffft, I didn't know the "Don't stare at it in the eyes" thing with dogs cos I'm a cat man. The first "fighting" dog I did that to (gently!) looked right back at me, then came and put her head in my lap. "It's OK, I'm not here to hurt you". (Pit Bull Terrier)

Learn the breed, know the consequences. I'd trust the 2 dogs I mentioned above over most humans. Character, not muscles. A dog is a pack animal, and needs a leader, or at least a social/pecking order. Or it will be the leader.

Good point. I have had dogs all my life, 3 German shepherds And now a rescue shepherd huskie mix.

Any of them I would trust more than 99% of people with my kids. The dog we had when my wife was pregnant, a long haired purebred, knew my wife was pregnant before we did. All of a sudden it wouldn't leave her side.
I felt bad we had to leave him at the kennel while my son was born. Wish he could have come to the hospital.
When we came home he switched, now he wouldn't leave the baby. Insisted on sleeping under the crib.
He put up with so much from my son, have pictures of him at 2 sleeping in the crate with Sampson.
I miss him.
Benevolent Heretic, Every time I see your av it reminds me of him. Stoic and faithful.
My newest rescue is bi-polar, it fits her 1 blue 1 brown eye. Whacky as she is, I found her the other day 'talking' with a neighbor after breaking a 2nd floor screen and jumping of the roof, I still trust her more than people.
Thanks for the thread DOMO!
It is the owners fault when things go wrong. Hell, look how kids are raised these days.

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 09:15 AM
link   
Most beautiful dogs on the Planet...
Most loyal dogs on the Planet...
Most protective dogs on the Planet...
One of the best scents in a dog on the Planet...

Narrative:
Only dangerous dog on the Planet...

I've had 2...
Never had a problem with them in a collective of 13 years...

In fact...
My year and 4 month old Ghost was attacked yesterday by a full grown Mastiff...

Sadly I wasn't there or the Mastiff would be dead now...

That's why I wasn't on last night, looking after Ghost instead.

But he's a trooper, solid as a rock for his young age...
He just shook his head and licked the blood that dripped from the wounds on his neck...

Tough as nails!
edit on 13-1-2015 by CharlieSpeirs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 09:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic

I'd bet my dog that there was a difference in how she was raised. You don't have to train any dog to be mean. If the leadership is off or the people are seen as weak somehow, ANY dog can and will become unbalanced.

What difference?

Like I said: Simba was from the same breeder and bloodline as Leo and we raised both dogs the same way.

The only difference was that Simba was a bitch.

Regressive traits can arise at any time and there's nothing the owner can do about it.

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 09:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Domo1

That house must stink!!!

Cute kid...could have done without mom narrating....video speaks for itself..

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 09:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Psynic

I think for you to make that judgement at 6months old is abit silly...

I'm not questioning your protective nature of your children they come first no matter what...

But 6months for a dog is like the troublesome twos of a child...

They grow out of that!

You had to do what you had to do, but don't assume that Simba is naturally like that for life now, all dogs are snappy at that age.

They have teething problems as well around that age & it's not far from then their baby teeth fall out.
edit on 13-1-2015 by CharlieSpeirs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 09:49 AM
link   

What difference?

I have no idea. I don't know anything about your situation. But there was probably SOMETHING that triggered her behavior. Either an event that was never resolved or something that happened before you even got her. Her breeding could have been a factor, but her temperament could be, too.

I don't mean to say that you were a bad owner. But even something as simple as spoiling a dog, neglecting exercise, or treating them like a human can result in a dog that takes the leadership role.

Pit Bulls are a powerful breed and their temperaments range from a soft love-puppy to a more dominant, assertive personality (as in any breed). Two puppies from the same litter can be totally different in personality. And if the owner doesn't know a LOT about how to deal with it, the dog can end up very unbalanced.

I have two dogs from the same father and they are as different as night and day, so temperament can be vary a lot within a bloodline. My avatar dog is the biggest, softest, GOOF on the planet! An absolute dream. The first day we had his little sister, I realized I had my hands full and had to start RIGHT then, making sure she knew I was the leader and not her.
edit on 1/13/2015 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 09:51 AM
link   
Pits are no more aggressive than any other breed. I would say less than most.
The thing is they have bear traps for jaws. If one bites you it is going to leave a mark.
I had a 100 lb female pit. She was probably the sweetest and most intelligent dog I've ever owned.
She was great with kids. I never worried for a second that she would hurt one.

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 10:25 AM
link   
Adorable. Have you seen this video?

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 10:36 AM
link   
I have a pure pit and a bulladore (half English Bulldog and half black lab) that looks like a lab. And both are loyal family members, remember the little rascals? Pete was a pit bull and spent all of his life with kids. ..

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 08:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star
I'm very leery of these dogs and some others as well. There are just too many stories of them turning on owners who loved and treated them like their own child as well as them mauling children. They just scare me. I got attacked by a dog as a child and there used to be a big dog that would run after people before leash laws were in place. I had to cross the street every day walking to school for fear that dog would attack me. I'll stick to cats. LOL

No, there are not many stories of them turning on their owners who loved and treated them like their own child. There are accounts of pit bulls who were brutalized responding like brutalized people respond.

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Dogs are my true loves. All of them, including soft eared pits.
I don't care what dog breed is in the video, sadly I think that the mother is using her kid to make a point and I never think that is a good idea. The mother trained the girl and the dogs in that set up, the girl really isn't pack leader with the dogs.

edit on 13-1-2015 by zazzafrazz because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join