It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Insurance is such a scam!!!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 06:06 PM
link   
ok so I have major post op gallbladder issues. My doctor said about 10% experience this. Basically my body is having a hard time digesting fat mostly but other foods as well. As you can imagine eating is like Russian roulette. What may not have bothers me one day does another and then I'm afraid to eat it.

I also have intercystial cystitis aka painful bladder syndrome. I was told it was a result of my c-section. Yay! Did I also mention my gallbladder was removed because of pregnancy? Which is not all that uncommon from what all doctors have said.

Well reading online and forums hasn't helped much because they all seem to say the opposite about what to eat. So I was referred to a nutritionist to help me with my new found diet. Oh but my insurance, which costs almost $600 a month, won't cover it and WHY?!!

Because I'm NOT obese!!!!! I have two legit medical conditions where both doctors referred me to a nutritionist to help with my diet and insurance won't pay because I'm not fat enough?! Wth?!

I'm so fed up with insurance it's unreal.

I have one pill, zofran, an anti nausea pill that I need almost daily for both conditions but again insurance only covers 12 a month...TWELVE!! So I'm miserable the rest of the time I'm just nauseous. It is likely morning sickness all over again. I was on Medicaid while pregnant and I got 30 zofran for free every month!!!!! Now we pay insane rates and I pay about $11 for 12 darn pills. I tried the alternative but I had bad side effects. Both my doctors are baffled so tomorrow I will have to go to bat with the insurance to get my meds and get the nutritionist covered because I may be able to cook but a lot of foods I once LOVED I can't eat because of either my gallbladder issues or it causes the IC to flare up.

The worst part is no chocolate. Ugh talk about damaging! I can have say a few pieces a week and I eat expensive dark chocolate and it's about $4 a bar. It usually lasts me a week so now I'll make it last two weeks. I have one piece a night.

This new diet SUCKS.
edit on 1/11/2015 by mblahnikluver because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Insurence is like the mafia extorting money from you. Where im from i pay 112€ a month for insurence. I get 80€ from the government. But if i need medical help we have 500€ own risk before the insurence company covers anything. So why the F am i paying insurence for each month if they just gonna make me cough up 500€ myself first before they cover anything??? It dont make f#%king sense...unless ur corrupt which is the governments second name

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 06:44 PM
link   
My father sufferes gallbladder problems, and like you he couldn't tollerate fat and many other foods, they made him extremely ill. Due to other problems they weren't able to do a full operation on him so they stuck a device down his throat and put in some kind of bypass device, now he can eat anything he wants. This christmas he ate his first christmass dinner in four years.
I'm not sure about the details but ask your doc about a bypass.

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 06:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annunak1
Insurence is like the mafia extorting money from you. Where im from i pay 112€ a month for insurence. I get 80€ from the government. But if i need medical help we have 500€ own risk before the insurence company covers anything. So why the F am i paying insurence for each month if they just gonna make me cough up 500€ myself first before they cover anything??? It dont make f#%king sense...unless ur corrupt which is the governments second name

Same with my car insurance, I have to pay the first £400. That means my windscreen cover etc is a scam because I'll have to pay for it!

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Don't get me started on insurance. They find any and every excuse not to pay out a claim. It happened to me last year when we purchased travel insurance on some plane tickets just in case something unforeseen came up. As it happend, I got laid off from my job, so we canceled our trip thinking we would get our airfare refunded from the insurance. However, they argued that I had to be employed with the company for 2 years to meet the travel claim, but I had only worked there 1 and half years. They didn't pay it, and we lost out on $2,000 in airfare.
I hear other stories similar all the time, it's all a scam!

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 07:48 PM
link   
Same here for us as far as insurance goes, you better pay your premiums on time and you better not ever ever make a claim or they go sky high.
Not so much for the medical stuff but for sure regarding your home and car insurance.

Bastards.
Regards, Iwinder

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 07:48 PM
link   
Yep they can get some odd notions about things at the insurance.

Ours was pretty annoyed with the idea of having to spring for all that Zomig while I was breaking the chronic migraine cycle. Every six months we had to go through the GP/neuro/insurance routine of getting them to let the clamps off the number of pills they would allow because they were SURE no one could ever need that many. You would have thought they'd get the picture after a while that YES I did actually medically need them.

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 08:07 PM
link   
a reply to: mblahnikluver

That ain't insurance. Insurance is very straightforward in it's natural form. You pay a premium to be covered for a catastrophic(high cost) but rare event.

What we have now is a product that pays for rare events, routine events, medium events, small events, likely to happen, not likely to happen, low cost, high cost, and everything else in between. It does not work within the true model of insurance and only exists because of state bull# and vast cartel interests that use the state to push this so called "insurance" product onto consumers.

It ain't insurance.

A mess, oh indeed yes...but not insurance.

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 01:38 AM
link   
I agree insurance is a scam and so is gall bladder removal. I'm one of the so called "10 percent" too.

I had my gallbladder removed in 2011 when I was 21. They didn't try to figure out why my gallbladder was only working at 13 percent capacity. They just wanted to remove it because it would solve all my digestive problems.

Only problem is it didn't. I'm worse off now, I can't eat anything without having the runs. I was prescribed cholestyramine, which is a powder that absorbs extra bile. I have to take one a day.

I asked if I would have to take this medicine the rest of my life and the doctor just gave me a sympathetic smile and nodded.

The probably could have fixed my problem with a gallbladder flush or a diet adjustment. Too late now lol.

Looks like your in the same boat. I feel your pain and am sorry you have to go through this.

top topics

join