It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Muslims aren't doing enough to speak out...!"

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 03:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Iscool

Ate they?
Not seen any reports of this.
Links? .
Cheers

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 04:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: daaskapital
Great thread, Charlie!

Too many people paint Muslims with the same brush and base their beliefs on what they see in the media. I think it comes as a result of ignorance and the lack of media attention regarding Muslim opposition to terrorist organisations.

It would be good to see influential Muslim organisations exercise effective public relations in order to extend their messages and reach a wider audience. Maybe it would then help ease the ignorance and tension. That said, it would be a challenge to make it into the media..

[/Quote] The media reports the news, that`s their job. When someone robs a store and kills 3 people inside, that`s what the media reports. They don`t do an expose on the killers troubled life and piece together who failed this man in such a way as to cause him to commit this terrible crime.(Although im sure MSNBC would love to).You use words like ignorance to describe people with an unapologetic view of Islam,people who refuse to make excuses for the everyday occurrences they see in which Muslim beliefs are inflicted upon others in a unabashed way.Whether that`s the horrific events we see on the news most every night,and its not propaganda, these events actually happen (whoever can crucify a 6 year old child and then behead his 4 year old sister with a big smile on his face needs to own that in front of the world) or the day to day events in which immigrants demand there beliefs override the beliefs of the native peoples, pushing Sharia law,no pork in school lunches, no alchohol, etc. etc. which leads me to question why you left the way of life you so seemingly cherish in the 1st place. Muslims have committed 90% of the rapes in Sweden and the vast majority of rapes in other western Euro countries.
And yes, WE ALL KNOW IT`S A SMALL PERCENTAGE OF MUSLIMS,BLAH,BLAH,BLAH. THE FACT IS THEY ARE BEING SPAWNED FROM THE MUSLIM CULTURE AND THE VAST MAJORITY OF MUSLIMS ARE ENABLING THEM BY SAYING NOTHING.
Ok, I`M getting this off my chest, no more political correctness. Someone on this post was flabbergasted that people in the west openly wonder why the more moderate Muslims don`t reign in the jihadists and then went on to show all these marches with a high percentage of English signs and banners, which shows me most of these protests are not where they need to be, like the middle east. To this I say,the people here are held responsible for allowing small groups within their own to commit atrocities, just ask the Germans. So why shouldn`t you? The fact is nobody in the west can critique anything Muslim without the super sensitive, thin skinned, can`t take it but love to dish it out girly men start screaming ISLAMAPHOBIA.
So yeah, alot of us think it would be nice if the moderates in the Muslim world helped clean up their own yard.
edit on 11-1-2015 by fartsmeller46 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 09:58 AM
link   
a reply to: beezzer

We aren't fighting this war to win. And if we aren't fighting to win, we lose.

This is a war for hearts and minds

You can't win that kind of war with bullets and bombs, imprisonment or torture

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 11:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Blue_Jay33
a reply to: Xtrozero

You make a good point, that's a lot of radicals who percentage wise are a tiny minority, but that tiny minority is a pretty big number, even if only .05% of Muslims endorse and support radical terroristic tactics that's still 8 million people in the world, that's an army size force and they are everywhere.

An army that is 4 times larger than the whole US military (including active and reserves) and if these guys are all front line combatants then we are talking 50 times that of the true front line US combatants that is about 1 to 8 ratio.
edit on 11-1-2015 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 02:00 PM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

You are 110% correct and thank you for your post. Most people do not understand that Muslim extremism, in the modern era, began during WW1 with the Kaiser of Germany and the Sultan of the Ottoman Empire. It continued through WWII with the Nazi Ostministerium which recruited disaffected Soviet Muslims and had them fight against their "Motherland" during the war. After the war the world ended up with "Radio Free Liberty" in West Germany u der the auspices of the C.I.A. as well as Gerhard Von Mende's organization in West Germany. These groups fostered Islamism in Europe and funded them abroad(is. The Muslim Brotherhood)

Thank you for your well researched OP.

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 06:50 PM
link   
I wonder why you even bother? The bigots are not going to listen, and they will just keep on moving the goal posts everytime you prove them wrong, and ignoring it, and wacking off to propaganda like always. Seems like a waste of time, I certainly applaud the effort though.

It's a stupid demand to make, that you should apologize and speak out when a person in any group you are a part of commit scummy acts.

I am not going to apologize and speak out everytime a moron american opens fire at a movie theatre, just because I happen to own lots of guns, and believe strongly in the constitution. I am not going to apologize and speak out every time an athiest or agnostic commits some atrocity. I am not going to apologize for anything other than acts I have done and am truly sorry for.

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 07:38 PM
link   
a reply to: mekhanics

I've no idea if Rupert Murdoch actually controls his Twitter feed...

But he can kiss my skinny arse either way.

Thanks for the update.

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 08:09 PM
link   

You're welcome mate!

edit on 11-1-2015 by mekhanics because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 02:59 AM
link   
"Muslims believe that God is one and incomparable and that the purpose of existence is to worship God."

This based on a book written by men based on a very flawed human being they call prophet.

Al Queda and Isis aren't simply aberrations of Islam, they are the manifestations of it's belief un checked, the ultimate conclusion to a world of the same faith.

During much of Christianity things were done in the name of god that were monstrous but that does not give modern day Islam the right to enslave there women, kill others or believe an ancient book is any more right than any other ancient book.

If you want to find your god look inside of yourself - not to someone else, somewhere else or sometime else.

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 05:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bloodydagger

I don't think you understand what I was saying. My point is that any and all Muslims are lumped together into the same pile these days.

Ummm...Yeah???? No crap! Every group is judged by the actions of people within the group. It may not sound fair, but that is THEIR problem, not ours. If I am part of some group, and associate with that group, I am responsible for what others do within that group.

Examples...there are bad cops. Many people feel therefore that cops are bad. Is it a fact that all cops are bad? Of course not, but if they...as a group are bad, then if you are in that group you are considered potentially bad. So how can the cops fix this? Police their own and come down hard on bad cops. Eliminate bad cops or, make the punishment for being a bad cop so bad that it doesn't happen.

Muslims though aren't willing to take such action. Hold up a sign...check! Hope no one realizes that your sign is in english and therefore meant to be seen by the MSM...check! But actually police your own people...kill them if they are radical? Ain't gonna happen.

So again...this is THEIR problem to solve and they haven't solved it. So now they can wear it.

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 05:53 AM
link   
All we can do is sit back a watch man self destruct!

If we oppose violence with violence then how does one justify the other?

Kill for a belief? What is right, to kill for good or kill for bad? Either way a kill is a kill.

If I don't kill to defend I'll be killed. If I do I am a killer. How can one claim to have a right to take what is not theirs?

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 06:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: OnlySinnersHere
All we can do is sit back a watch man self destruct!

If we oppose violence with violence then how does one justify the other?

Kill for a belief? What is right, to kill for good or kill for bad? Either way a kill is a kill.

If I don't kill to defend I'll be killed. If I do I am a killer. How can one claim to have a right to take what is not theirs?

Way too much thought friend. Look to nature. If something is bad, it is killed by others. The others then continue on peacefully. So...you can become a killer to remove a killer, and then return to normal operation. Happens all the time. The fact that we have to waste time contemplating the "meaning" of all this makes us human...and THAT is probably a part of the problem. Life is simpler than WE believe.

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 06:02 AM
link   
a reply to: circuitsports

Just picking up on a point here - who was the bible written by?

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 07:24 AM
link   
a reply to: circuitsports

but that does not give modern day Islam the right to enslave there women, kill others

You're right, it doesn't.

believe an ancient book is any more right than any other ancient book.

You're wrong, it does.

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 07:27 AM
link   
a reply to: WeAreAWAKE

You stopped reading at section 2:Marching and said this...

But actually police your own people...kill them if they are radical? Ain't gonna happen.

...as if it was a profound answer to the thread...

Read section 3:Fighting and you'll go some way to understanding it is happening!!!

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 07:31 AM
link   

Great thread man. The MSM is perpetuating racism by only showing the ugly side of the Muslim world. This allows people to stereotype all Muslims as evil terrorists, and it is WRONG. It needs to be addressed as race baiting. Thank you for this thread. Well done.

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 07:33 AM
link   
a reply to: WeAreAWAKE

this is THEIR problem

Should you poke a Wasp's Nest and then sit back expecting the Wasps not to fight back?

Now replace "you" with Imperialist Regimes...
Then replace "poke" with massacre...
& then replace "Wasp's Nest" with Muslim Community...

Is it still just our problem?
edit on 12-1-2015 by CharlieSpeirs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 07:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Thank you for the kind words Krazy!

Much appreciated!

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Isn't it true that the Koran is very specific in that no believer should ally themselves with a Christian or Jew, nor take one for a friend?

If so, perhaps this is why most Muslims are "keeping quiet" and not providing intel to the security services, because doing so would be allying themselves with a Christian nation, and that would be haraam.

I acknowledge they are marching, and protesting, but I don't think the extremists care about marches or protests. Only raw intel will stop the atrocities.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join