It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Muslims aren't doing enough to speak out...!"

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+62 more 
posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 02:46 AM
link   
Well let me first start by saying you're full of manure...

You want Muslims speaking out?

3. (Have a look at subsection Islamic World)

Oh you want more.

I can keep going.

I think you get the point.

Oh, I see, it's not enough, you want marches in the streets now, rather than meaningless words?

Marches aren't enough, why aren't they fighting?

Enemies of ISIS!!!

Iraq-based opponents:

Iraqi Armed Forces

Iraqi Army
Iraqi Air Force
Special Forces
Iraqi Police

Iraqi Kurdistan

Peshmerga
Sinjar Resistance Units (YBŞ Yekîneyên Berxwedana Şingal (de))[332]
Sinjar Defence Force
People's Defence Force
IRGC-Seal.svg Special Groups

Promised Day Brigades

Asa'ib Ahl al-Haq
Kata'ib Hezbollah
Badr Brigades
Iraqi Turkmen Front
Shabak Militia

Syria-based opponents:

Syrian Armed Forces

Syrian Army
Syrian Air Force
National Defence Force
Ba'ath Brigades
Syria Syrian Opposition

Free Syrian Army
Syria Revolutionaries Front
Islamic Front
Army of Mujahedeen
Syrian Kurdistan Syrian Kurdistan

People's Protection Units
Women's Protection Units
Syriac Military Council
Sutoro
Local guerrillas

Enemies of The Taliban

Afghanistan Islamic Republic of Afghanistan
Afghan National Army
Afghan Air Force
Afghan National Police

Enemies of Tehrik-I-Taliban

Pakistan Islamic Republic of Pakistan
Pakistan Pakistan Army
Pakistan Pakistan Air Force
Pakistan Inter-Services Intelligence

Well that's a hell of a lot of Muslims speaking out, marching & fighting the scourge of extremism...

What will be good enough?

Perhaps Muslims landing a Man on the Moon, to plant a burning Islamic State Flag?

Even then some people would complain!

+7 more 
posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 02:52 AM
link   
well charlie you are one man having a rant and are no match for the MSM they are in every tv around the globe and in every newspaper and over 99% of web based viewing ....if you can send the message to get to more people you have a chance with this one....otherwise it will fall on deaf ears...

i do admire your spirit though....keep fighting

+6 more 
posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 02:57 AM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Yeah that's a losing battle I feel...

I at least thought it might clear things up here on ATS.

Thanks hope!

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 03:04 AM
link   
They aren't being heard because nobody cares enough to hear them. Picture how hard it is to be heard when a lot of people out there see you as being tarred with the same brush?

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 03:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Bloodydagger

The whole point of speaking out, then marching, then fighting...
Is to not be tarred with the same brush...

But given the thread you just made I'm hardly surprised by your comments.

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 03:14 AM
link   
Great thread, Charlie!

Too many people paint Muslims with the same brush and base their beliefs on what they see in the media. I think it comes as a result of ignorance and the lack of media attention regarding Muslim opposition to terrorist organisations.

It would be good to see influential Muslim organisations exercise effective public relations in order to extend their messages and reach a wider audience. Maybe it would then help ease the ignorance and tension. That said, it would be a challenge to make it into the media...

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 03:19 AM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

Let's be honest, we could apply the same argument of 'why aren't they fighting' to every section of society, not just Muslims.

We could ask, why did some countries remain neutral during WW2, and not readily take up arms against the scourge of Nazism?

They were supposedly Christian countries..why were they not fighting the Nazis in the name of good?

Why are not all people who class themselves as righteous holy people fighting against murderers who claim violent and barbaric murder in the name of Islam is justified in their Gods eyes, regardless of their personal brand or flavour of faith?

The bottom line is, regardless of membership to a particular religious group, or even if they have no religious affiliations, ordinary people, or UN-radicalised people, are just ordinary people who know or desire nothing to do with extreme violence and spend their lives pretty much the way the majority of we ourselves do..making a living and raising our families to be the good, happy and well rounded people we hope they will be, and try to avoid that which will prevent this.

The majority of Muslims are no different to the majority of Christians, or Jews, or Hindus are even of Pagans or any other recognised religious grouping, so to ask 'What are Muslims doing about Isis' or 'Why don't other Muslims stop Isis', can also apply to any other religious or non-religious group who consider themselves good people morally outraged by murder of innocents.

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 03:25 AM
link   

your welcome ...i have been reading through the threads here and i rarely comment on this kind of thing because of the overwhelming hate......

i feel safe in saying that the educated and experienced members that frequent this site are well aware of the inconsistencies told through the MSM.....

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 03:26 AM
link   
a reply to: daaskapital

That reminds me of something I read while creating the thread...

Basically at these times the average Muslims start to feel ostracised & scrutinised by the communities & media outlets due to the intolerance/skepticism/insert other public feeling, that's the time we need to step into the community despite the mistrust and show that we do want to condemn this sort of thing.

It made much more sense than the way I just put it sadly, hopefully you get what I mean.

& thanks Daas, I appreciate that a lot!

+3 more 
posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 03:28 AM
link   
I do appreciate all of the work you put in to making this thread, but I question why all of the signs are in English. I have to wonder if it is because these signs and marches are propaganda aimed at the West.

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 03:30 AM
link   
a reply to: MysterX

Excellently put MysterX...

Profound as usual!

+3 more 
posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 03:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

English is pretty much the second language of any Country with an education system.

In Pakistan it may be 3rd behind Urdu & Arabic...

Rather than see it as propaganda aimed at the West, maybe you could see it as an acknowledgement of solidarity to those in the West who feel the whole of the East & Middle East adhere to this ideology of backwardness, including a lot of their family members that emigrated elsewhere.

Just a thought.

Thanks Metallicus.

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 03:41 AM
link   
a reply to: MysterX

You're raising a great point!

I'm not religious, so I don't really have a horse in this "spiritual race" but -
it is fair to say most US military personel (75,2% of US populace) is Christian... and I don't see Christian protesters in the US after dronestrikes.
Not even after Germany was being accused of assistance to violation of international and humanitarian law before the ECJ!

*Then again - I guess this wasn't exactly highlited by the US MSM either.
edit on 10-1-2015 by ColCurious because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 04:21 AM
link   
I have a opinion that is different. Maybe, just maybe it is because the powers to be that run the countries fear the thugs that are causing all the problems. As long as these powerful people do not speak out against these thugs nothing will ever be done to completely eradicate them. So fear is what is keeping this movements alive. The leaders do not want to find themselves dead.

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 04:32 AM
link   

Charlie i see what you are trying to do here . The problem is that those /us in the western world feel threatened . More so now given the last couple of days . What we need are pictures like you posted but millions of them . We need mosques turning in would be terrorists . We need lots of things . That being said , who gets more airplay , the terrorist or those Muslims that speak out about it . You dont have to convince ATS , you have to beat the MSM .

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 04:49 AM
link   

Fair enough but I still think 'Religion' should be dropped from the school curriculum and from most area's, people just want to be free from it and I think we should be allowed to be free from it in some parts of the World so that we don't have to live through it.

Just think, those who don't want to hear about it, never will. They can have children who will grow up in a Society not knowing about it, therefore it would never exist and these people could then just be peaceful spiritual people.

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 04:58 AM
link   

I don't think you understand what I was saying. My point is that any and all Muslims are lumped together into the same pile these days.

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 05:02 AM
link   
All these pics of protesting muslims surprised me.
I live in the Netherlands and we do not have problems with Muslims. Most are integrated. But I have never seen these pics of so many protesting Muslims.
I'm a bit of a coward and I do not think I would openly be protesting in a place where it may be dangerous to do so.

I will use your pics to enlighten other people who are not aware of this.
Furthermore I saw this vid today.
www.facebook.com...

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 05:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
I do appreciate all of the work you put in to making this thread, but I question why all of the signs are in English. I have to wonder if it is because these signs and marches are propaganda aimed at the West.

Hey don't ruin it here. Best to just overlook that.

Besides, why the hell is it their responsibility to condem the terrorist? They seem to be getting killed far more than westerners anyway. They are the victims and shouldn't be expected to do anything but try to survive. Aside from a hand full of terrorist attacks on western targets (allegedly), the victims here have been Muslims.... That alone should be queried in self thought. Que Bono? Who benefits here?

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 05:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: hutch622

Charlie i see what you are trying to do here . The problem is that those /us in the western world feel threatened . More so now given the last couple of days . What we need are pictures like you posted but millions of them . We need mosques turning in would be terrorists . We need lots of things . That being said , who gets more airplay , the terrorist or those Muslims that speak out about it . You dont have to convince ATS , you have to beat the MSM .

Im not a muslim so will go out on a limb here and charlie may correct me.

But im guessing your jihad joe doesnt visit or pray at your normal bog standard family freindly mosque.

They likely concregate in there own place like flys to a turd.

Plus at least in the UK many Imans work with MI5 and the police, they just dont shout about.

Infact I meet a iman once great guy, knew I was a christian and we had a great chat.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join