It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stellarium blocking view?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Found this odd - Stellarium blocking out a view around the star Tejat Prior [HIP 29655 A].

All opinions welcomed.
edit on 8-1-2015 by thestillborn1 because: ............typos!

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Why would they block the view? It's open source.Have you looked in Celestia, that is supposed to be real time, I've never tried it.
edit on 1/8/2015 by WhoDat09 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 07:02 PM
link   
You can't see it on normal view so I zoom in a lot to see more objects. Here's a pic zoomed out from the first one.

............if zoomed out more it's not visible. Clearly, they're hiding something.
edit on 8-1-2015 by thestillborn1 because: ...........typos!

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 07:07 PM
link   
Zoomed out:

....................not visible.

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Zoomed in further:

...........hiding something?

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 07:17 PM
link   
a reply to: thestillborn1

What precisely is blocked?

The star you are referring to is actually annotated next to its position. Care to expand upon what you mean specifically?

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 07:32 PM
link   
If I knew what was blocked I wouldn't need to post here and ask opinions - would I? LOL!

BTW! The term you seek is "expound" not "expand.

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 07:37 PM
link   
Well I downloaded Celestia and it seems to be not hidden there:

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 07:42 PM
link   
I think your lost WhoDat..........clearly you can see Tejat Prior in all of my pictures.

...........[roll eyes now folks].

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 07:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: thestillborn1
Found this odd - Stellarium blocking out a view around the star Tejat Prior [HIP 29655 A].

All opinions welcomed.

..........read thoroughly.

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 07:54 PM
link   

You can't see it on normal view so I zoom in a lot to see more objects. Here's a pic zoomed out from the first one.

............if zoomed out more it's not visible. Clearly, they're hiding something.

What are you talking about? You can see everything just fine. Obviously as you zoom out you'll see less stars. That's how Stellarium works, it renders more stars as you zoom in.

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 07:55 PM
link   

If I knew what was blocked I wouldn't need to post here and ask opinions - would I? LOL!

You have yet to show that anything is blocked at all. That's what TrueBrit is asking, for you to clarify what it is you think indicates something is "blocked?"

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 07:56 PM
link   

What I mean to say, is that there does not appear to be any unnatural demarcation line between the available view, and its surroundings. There appears to be no unusual looking void in any image you posted, and so what I mean is, precisely where are you looking, and what is it that makes you think there is something missing from the image data?

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 07:59 PM
link   
That is Tejat Prior. There is nothing blocked out in Celestia, maybe you could try downloading it, and see if anything is blocked out.

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 10:34 PM
link   
Celestia is a wonderful program.

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 10:48 PM
link   

What appears as a "blocked area" to you is just an astronomical image of the nebula, pasted on top of the view in Stellarium. It's not blocking anything, as all the stars that Stellarium can show will show through the image (although some of the brighter images can make them difficult to see). You can disable the astronomical images in Stellarium if you wish so. I can't find the directions for this at the moment (and have to leave house for work), but they are on the Internet somewhere.

~~~

And I hope you do realise that Stellarium is just a rough simulation of the sky; it simply places stars and other stellar objects on a black background, adding some effects and images to approximate the real sky. The idea of "them" (whoever that might be) hiding something in Stellarium is even sillier than the idea of "them" hiding something in Google Sky.

edit on 8-1-2015 by wildespace because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 10:51 PM
link   

No, 'expand' is correct.

Are you PUI?

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 11:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Astyanax
No, 'expand' is correct.
They're closely related but I agree "expand" fits better here. "expound" implies a lot more detail, but we aren't asking for that, we are asking for just a simple explanation, beyond "blocked" since we don't see it as blocked.

public.wsu.edu...

“Expound” was traditionally used mainly to refer to detailed examinations of complex or obscure systems of thought, but it is most often used today to mean “to speak at length about” and frequently occurs in the phrase “expound on&rdquo: “the senator expounded on his love for the traditional family farm.”

Sometimes in such contexts it would be more appropriate to use “expand on,” which means “to speak at further length about.” “Expand” in this sense lacks the systematic analytical connotations of “expound.”
Instead of a systematic analytical lengthy explanation, I'd settle for an arrow drawn to what is supposedly blocked, because I see the star that is supposedly "blocked".

It occurs to me that Google Earth imagery also shows different levels of detail at different zoom levels, and sometimes they switch from satellite imagery to aircraft imagery in close-up zooms of densely populated areas. That doesn't mean they are blocking anything either, it's just the way zoom works with different imagery sources.
edit on 9-1-2015 by Arbitrageur because: clarification

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 11:22 PM
link   
Further to my earlier post here, I'd like to point you all to this excellent thread about the "blocked" area in Google Sky: www.abovetopsecret.com...

It's all too easy to blindly accuse "them" of conspiracies, but with a bit of research, the truth becomes apparent.

top topics

join