It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

USA Today Avoids Charlie Hebdo Muhammad Cartoons, But Allows Muslim Cleric to Pen This Op-Ed

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 09:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: rupertg
I read there are 1.6 billion Muslims around the world.
You would think that the world would be burned to ashes by now and that soccer played with infidel heads would be a past time sport.

What one finds is that there are bad apples in every religion.

Bad apples? The problems stem from the traditional eastern areas and tribes of this religion. There is far more to all this than simply religion.

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 09:31 PM
link   
a reply to: OpinionatedB

news.yahoo.com...

and i hear today there are so many in France they can't keep track of all of them, then why aren't they deported?

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 10:02 PM
link   
a reply to: CrikeyMagnet

He's saying that if we deliberately ignore warnings around topics which are directly referenced in religious doctrine, we are ACCEPTING the risk that someone will want to retaliate.

Don't kick the hornets nest if you don't want to get stung by hornets. I think most of the posters here understood the point. It seems like good advice. But here is the rub:

The "kick" was a cartoon that juxtaposed the symbol of Islam with violence. The implication was that the religion is violent. What was the response? It was more violence.

Many Mosques have been trying to distance themselves from terrorists and their radical viewpoints since 9/11 (and before). The Op-ed only serves to legitimize the idea of violence. It paints Muslims with a very broad brush. The results of that broad-stroke is clear from many of the attitudes in this thread.

Do you really want to call them all hornets that must be feared if you anger them? The Op-ed should be heavily criticized by the Muslim community in an effort to take a firm stand against murder. This type of response is never justified.
edit on 8-1-2015 by compressedFusion because: Fixed typing error. That -> The

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 10:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: compressedFusion

He's saying that if we deliberately ignore warnings around topics which are directly referenced in religious doctrine, we are ACCEPTING the risk that someone will want to retaliate.

Many Mosques have been trying to distance themselves from terrorists and their radical viewpoints since 9/11 (and before).

that is what they want you to believe, but that is not the case.

to the outside world they will say what we want to hear, but really if you were capable of sitting in the back (unnoticed) you would hear that the muslim religion is the only religion and all those who do not follow are infidels who need to be eliminated.

if it was anything other than this, so many would not be rushing to join ISIL.

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 10:55 PM
link   
a reply to: bigx001

I see your point. Have you accounted for the notion that the majority of targeted recruits are upset, easily-manipulated, angst-ridden teenagers? I'm not saying you are wrong because I have wondered the exact same thing myself. I have reached a different conclusion though.

It is easy to manipulate through fear, and that goes both ways. It applies to "us" which is in support of my point and it applies to "them" which is in support of your point. What you have left is an "us" vs "them" scenario. Is that what we want?
edit on 8-1-2015 by compressedFusion because: Removed: "really" from the last sentence

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 01:09 AM
link   

a reply to: bigx001

I see your point. Have you accounted for the notion that the majority of targeted recruits are upset, easily-manipulated, angst-ridden teenagers? I'm not saying you are wrong because I have wondered the exact same thing myself. I have reached a different conclusion though.

It is easy to manipulate through fear, and that goes both ways. It applies to "us" which is in support of my point and it applies to "them" which is in support of your point. What you have left is an "us" vs "them" scenario. Is that what we want?

except many recruits are not upset, easily-manipulated, angst-ridden teenagers.

the us vs them is perpetrated by those who have no civilized morals and only think in the absolute terms that their view is the only view and choice.

it becomes an issue when they commit crimes against humanity, as they are doing now and will continue to do so. remember there was a time when christianity was no different and got to the point of the spanish inquisition. of course that time period did not have the same weapons of mass destruction we have today, or the ease of mobility, ease of communications, or the free rights that many believe in.

in order for there to be meaningful change the ideology of that religion must change and until it does nothing will change.

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 06:36 AM
link   
We Christians keep being brought up as mass murderers for something the Catholic Church did to eradicate the same group of backwards thinking pedophilic false prophet worshipers who's only motto to the Christians was "submit to Islam or die". Religion of Peace is Christ's and his only. Good day God loving people. Atheist better realize we Christians aren't in to beheading them and start carrying on accordingly!!

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 08:11 AM
link   

Don't kick the hornets nest if you don't want to get stung by hornets.

I think in the end the real hornet's nest might end up being the westerners that have been trying to be considerate to people like this cleric up until this point. No one is scared...they're becoming more and more fed up by the bullying every second.

I of course know there are many moderate Muslims, and I have no problem with them whatsoever but I tend to side with Bill Maher over Ben Affleck on this issue. The moderates need to rise up and get some reform done in the highest echelons of Islam if they really are moderate. Waiting on the Islamic Martin Luther to please stand up.

EDIT
I know you weren't defending them I just wanted to quote the 'hornet's nest' phrase.
edit on 9-1-2015 by humanityrising because: Gotta jibboo

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 08:59 AM
link   
there is a very good political cartoonist @ the LA Times who has hit the nail on the head today

Rude and crude French cartoonists died for our freedom

Is what they publish rude and crude? that is up to the viewer, but at no point does anything they publish warrant a death threat or to be killed for it.

he's right that they died for our freedom of speech, because to cower when threatened means you are no longer free

if i could figure out how to post the drawing i would have, but follow the link, you'll probably like what he drew
edit on 9-1-2015 by bigx001 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 09:29 AM
link   
Imagine if we had vastly more disenfranchised youth with no jobs, even less education and no prospects for a brighter future. Then Fred Phelps and his Westboro Baptist Church decided they are going to be the mouthpiece for Christianity and go around recruiting these people. Fortunately, Satan has called Phelps home but his hate-driven church continues. If they began perpetrating even more heinous acts the media and world would focus on that despite the rest of Christianity speaking out against them. The fact that people even know who this pissant pseudo church even is speaks to the problem. The squeaky wheel gets the grease. And the whole radical Islamism movement squeaks really loudly.

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Probably is less that 5% but its certainly seems like more than 1%, and on the rise, i just picked the next logical percentage.

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 10:05 AM
link   
Yo this is the guy Hannity called and evil on live tv.

LOL i agree with Hannity.

www.youtube.com...

twitchy.com...
edit on 9-1-2015 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Don't worry about Choudary, I can assure you his employer isn't

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 04:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Jamie1

I've been warning about Anjem Choudary sice I joined ATS.

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 07:20 PM
link   

PS. that was NO man of God.

Isn't this the same thing we should be saying about the terrorists - instead of accusing all Muslims of committing these crimes?

Stormdancer would like us to also stand up for Christians...many times the Christians that are criticized are those that don't appear to live by their own rules. I hear so often people calling on Muslims to condemn extremists (which they do) but I very seldom hear Christians condemning any of their own...

When they do - I know exactly what I'm looking at. Honorable people - live and let live people. And there are plenty - Christians, Muslims, Jews - and non-believers. Buddhists, Hindus - there are millions of people living on this planet that see their fellow human beings as brothers

For some strange reason - Muslims are now enemy number one. Nothing any actual Muslims do or say is good enough for some people and no opportunity is wasted if it can be used to justify what has happened to them - or what's about to happen to them

Terrorists are not men of God - maybe we should keep our eye on that ball, stand together - and we might just find a way out of this situation

I'm allowing myself one little Pollyanna moment in the middle of this nightmare of extremist propaganda...I used to believe this sort of thing could be reasoned out. I'm honestly not so sure anymore
edit on 1/10/2015 by Spiramirabilis because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 12:56 PM
link   
And over here Obummer is letting all the violent, American bashing, misogynistic, overly fertile, poor, low/no skill, uneducated, people from other countries that will not assimilate and expect the rest of the taxpaying citizens of the counrty that they invaded to adapt to and to grind salt into the wound provide free housing and health care for them while not changing the cycle that caused their country to be unlivable in the first place.

What could possibly go wrong?

Paris is simply a decade or two ahead of Los Angeles/San Diego.
edit on 11-1-2015 by VforVendettea because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 01:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Spiramirabilis

PS. that was NO man of God.

Isn't this the same thing we should be saying about the terrorists - instead of accusing all Muslims of committing these crimes?

Stormdancer would like us to also stand up for Christians...many times the Christians that are criticized are those that don't appear to live by their own rules. I hear so often people calling on Muslims to condemn extremists (which they do) but I very seldom hear Christians condemning any of their own...

When they do - I know exactly what I'm looking at. Honorable people - live and let live people. And there are plenty - Christians, Muslims, Jews - and non-believers. Buddhists, Hindus - there are millions of people living on this planet that see their fellow human beings as brothers

For some strange reason - Muslims are now enemy number one. Nothing any actual Muslims do or say is good enough for some people and no opportunity is wasted if it can be used to justify what has happened to them - or what's about to happen to them

Terrorists are not men of God - maybe we should keep our eye on that ball, stand together - and we might just find a way out of this situation

I'm allowing myself one little Pollyanna moment in the middle of this nightmare of extremist propaganda...I used to believe this sort of thing could be reasoned out. I'm honestly not so sure anymore

90% of the worlds media is owned by zionist jews, and in the west people are no more then cartoons painted by the media.....and it works , it worked on the americans and now that same media with the same phoney agendas is working in europe, if a real battle begins the media should be first to go.

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 01:50 PM
link   
a reply to: surfin4

I tend to agree that our mass-media networks are as corrupt as one another. However what would we replace them with considering the information age in which we live?
edit on 11-1-2015 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 04:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Spiramirabilis

For some strange reason - Muslims are now enemy number one.

The reason isn't strange at all.

Nearly every day Muslims are committing atrocities all over the world. They justify beheadings, rape, and murders because of their beliefs in the Islamic "religion" and what their Islamic leaders say.

White cops are demonized for killing black guys who are resisting arrest. They aren't kidnapping black guys and decapitating them, then posting YouTube videos saying, "I killed him because I'm white, and he's black!"

Muslims are doing that.

Of course a handful of white cops who killed black guys resisting arrest are use as a movement against all cops. That's not surprising, right?

But looking at Muslims as enemy number one because they commit mass murders on a regular basis, and then justify those murders with Islam, that's "strange" to you?

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Everyone seems to be wondering why Muslim Terrorists are so quick to commit suicide.

Lets have a look at the evidence:
- No Christmas
- No television
- No nude women
- No football
- No pork chops
- No hot dogs
- No burgers
- No beer
- No bacon
- Rags for clothes
- Towels for hats
- Constant wailing from some idiot in a tower
- More than one wife
- More than one mother in law
- You can't shave
- Your wife can't shave
- You can't wash off the smell of donkey
- You cook over burning camel #
- Your wife is picked by someone else for you
- and your wife smells worse than your donkey
Then they tell you that, "When you die, it all gets better. "??
Well no #, Sherlock!....It's not like it could get much worse.

THE MUSLIMS ARE NOT HAPPY!

They're not happy in Gaza ..
They're not happy in Egypt ..
They're not happy in Libya ..
They're not happy in Morocco ..
They're not happy in Iran ..
They're not happy in Iraq ..
They're not happy in Yemen ..
They're not happy in Afghanistan ..
They're not happy in Pakistan ..
They're not happy in Syria ..
They're not happy in Lebanon ..

SO, WHERE ARE THEY HAPPY?

They're happy in Australia ..
They're happy in Canada ..
They're happy in England ..
They're happy in France ..
They're happy in Italy ..
They're happy in Germany ..
They're happy in Sweden ..
They're happy in the USA ..
They're happy in Norway ..
They're happy in Holland ..
They're happy in Denmark ..

Basically, they're happy in every country that is not Muslim and unhappy in every country that is!

AND WHO DO THEY BLAME?

Not Islam.
Not their leadership.
Not themselves.

THEY BLAME THE COUNTRIES THEY ARE HAPPY IN!

AND THEN; They want to change those countries to be like....
THE COUNTRY THEY CAME FROM WHERE THEY WERE UNHAPPY!

Excuse me, but I can't help wondering...How damn dumb can you get?

Saw this on facebook as someone status, kinda reminded me of it from the OP

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join