It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Am The Very Model Of A Singularitarian Immortalist Extropian

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 11:21 PM
link   

So umm yeah expanding our minds by merging with technology sounds good to me.

Optimal biology sounds good to me.

Becoming immortal sounds good to me.

To spread our thoughts with nanobots that know how to self replicate, through solar system milky way or anywhere we designate sounds good to me.

The outcome of the universe being something we can contemplate sounds good to me.

There are alot of paths we could go with technology for the good of our civilization, however there are some who dont want technology to advance further which was the plot in the movie Trancendance.

Just think for a moment if each of us had the ability to gain all knowledge and do anything we ever wanted as long as it wasnt inflicting harm on other sentient beings wouldnt that be great?

So the topic of this thread is the song presented in the video, being the singularity of knowledge and taking counsious controll over our reality.

?So Umm Yeah . . . .Who's With Me?

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 11:31 PM
link   
a reply to: FormOfTheLord

I love the idea of taking conscious-control over reality. I love this line: "To spread our thoughts with nanobots that know how to self replicate, through solar system milky way or anywhere we designate". But aren't the majority of people prisoners within a cheap and dirty psyche? I guess if they defrag and link-up to a hive mind they could do much better. I think those with healthy brain chemistry, spiritual discipline and have decent living circumstances could work wonders. But I am looking at this from the vantage point of ego, without much awareness of the technological implications or potential...

By the way, did you happen to see the most recent episode of The Simpsons with the aliens? They offer Homer a ride in their UFO that is equipped with technology to create all of one's desires by thought-control, but his mountains of doughnuts turn into his couch with his family on it - and he declines and stays behind. The episode is full of interesting stuff - it makes me wonder who wrote it. Just very good collective unconscious material.

EDIT: I just got this part from the song - very important! "Important recognitions and insights are what we should retain
While we destroy all of the useless information that remains."
edit on 2015-01-07T23:40:41-06:002015Wed, 07 Jan 2015 23:40:41 -060041pm40Wed, 07 Jan 2015 23:40:41 -060000 by corsair00 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 11:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: corsair00

I love the idea of taking conscious-control over reality. I love this line: "To spread our thoughts with nanobots that know how to self replicate, through solar system milky way or anywhere we designate". But aren't the majority of people prisoners within a cheap and dirty psyche? I guess if they defrag and link-up to a hive mind they could do much better. I think those with healthy brain chemistry, spiritual discipline and have decent living circumstances could work wonders. But I am looking at this from the vantage point of ego, without much awareness of the technological implications or potential...
By the way, did you happen to see the most recent episode of The Simpsons with the aliens? They offer Homer a ride in their UFO that is equipped with technology to create all of one's desires by thought-control, but his mountains of doughnuts turn into his couch with his family on it - and he declines and stays behind. The episode is full of interesting stuff - it makes me wonder who wrote it. Just very good collective unconscious material.

Yeah its a very catchy tune thats one of my favorite lines too, in fact Michio Kaku took it a step further with his sci-fi series with using nanobots to colonize other planets for us and set them up for us/terraform/genisis.
I didnt catch that simpsons episode, but shows how they are trying to let the public in on some new information even in the simpsons.

But galactic colonization is a big topic to itself and may need a thread of its own to really get into a discussion on it.

edit on 7-1-2015 by FormOfTheLord because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 05:11 AM
link   

In order not to harm other sentient beings, we must respect freedom.

There are actions that violate ones freedom - the things that they accept happening to themselves, and the things that they do not. Such things result in suffering to that individual and also this affects their freedom to exist how they want to and to experience what they want to. There are also subversive actions, that are done to individuals without them realising it, thus violating their freedom but also causing confusion because they cannot pin-point its source.

When we all respect freedom for each individual then we can live in a world with "no rules except for one".

When it comes to immortality, there is an agreement in our current "experiment/prison/school" that we are to exist as mortals here. If one was immortal they would still "die" in this reality, and when they are allowed to leave they will be granted their ability to resurrect or re-constitute themselves at a point of time or at a place outside of the simulation.

I will tell you something interesting about immortality - people who try new things sometimes do something radical and it results in them being immortal, and also, many times it is actually an accident that this happens, and as such there are many people whom are immortal but do not realise it. Those that do realise it have been chasing it for a long time, and when it does happen to them, they are fully prepared and know that they can regenerate their physical form if it becomes damaged - an ability that is prohibited in our current reality.

The key to immortality well, for me, one must experiment with themselves in order to know how they work, and a sufficient degree of experimentation sometimes yields unexpected results - you might just end up doing something strange and become immortal.

We did choose to be here and accept the conditions, and thus we are bound by the agreements made so we must die in this world, unfortunately.

It is the reason why we cannot prove that immortality is real - immortality is not allowed in this world.
edit on 8-1-2015 by SystemResistor because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 09:40 AM
link   

So umm yeah expanding our minds by merging with technology sounds good to me.

Optimal biology sounds good to me.

Becoming immortal sounds good to me.

some people gotta have it all. satisfaction comes from learning to be happy with what you already have.

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 06:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: SystemResistor

In order not to harm other sentient beings, we must respect freedom.

There are actions that violate ones freedom - the things that they accept happening to themselves, and the things that they do not. Such things result in suffering to that individual and also this affects their freedom to exist how they want to and to experience what they want to. There are also subversive actions, that are done to individuals without them realising it, thus violating their freedom but also causing confusion because they cannot pin-point its source.

When we all respect freedom for each individual then we can live in a world with "no rules except for one".

When it comes to immortality, there is an agreement in our current "experiment/prison/school" that we are to exist as mortals here. If one was immortal they would still "die" in this reality, and when they are allowed to leave they will be granted their ability to resurrect or re-constitute themselves at a point of time or at a place outside of the simulation.

I will tell you something interesting about immortality - people who try new things sometimes do something radical and it results in them being immortal, and also, many times it is actually an accident that this happens, and as such there are many people whom are immortal but do not realise it. Those that do realise it have been chasing it for a long time, and when it does happen to them, they are fully prepared and know that they can regenerate their physical form if it becomes damaged - an ability that is prohibited in our current reality.

The key to immortality well, for me, one must experiment with themselves in order to know how they work, and a sufficient degree of experimentation sometimes yields unexpected results - you might just end up doing something strange and become immortal.

We did choose to be here and accept the conditions, and thus we are bound by the agreements made so we must die in this world, unfortunately.

It is the reason why we cannot prove that immortality is real - immortality is not allowed in this world.

Everyone being immortal sounds good to me to say the least.

To keep down on pollution and such we can make 100% clean energy technologies like solar and hydrogen.

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 07:32 PM
link   
I would say you sound more like a sounds-good-to-me-ist than anything else.

Why does it sound good to you to be able to do those things is what I want to know.

But perhaps you have already answered. Fair enough to you then in that case.

On a side note, I am a pre-post-futurist. Though that one up thinking of a new ATS signature some minutes ago...

"You invented the television, we invented the programming, both equally brainwashed. I'm not interested in living g in the future as much as I am in the here and now. That's why I say I'm a pre-post futurist. We are on a trend of futurism that means my philosophy means nothing except now and in the future. Now for me because I'm happier, and in the future when humanity will have inevitably grown tired of futurism, just like it did with modernism, but this time the only thing new will be a way of thinking about future and therefore a radical shift in thinking about what's here and now. So I say I'm a pre post futurist because were nowher near thevend of futurism as an ideology, were only just breaching the start of it, and there is no telling where it will end, in destruction or disillusionment. Either way, post futurism is inevitabl, so long as we have rainbows and sunshine which I'm sure we will because the planet is 70% water.

edit on 8 1 15 by funkadeliaaaa because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 08:09 PM
link   
a reply to: SystemResistor

Such things result in suffering to that individual and also this affects their freedom to exist how they want to and to experience what they want to. There are also subversive actions, that are done to individuals without them realising it, thus violating their freedom but also causing confusion because they cannot pin-point its source.

The point of that being what exactly? I am just curious... Is it the awareness of certain things that causes the suffering, or is the causing of suffering intentional? I guess it all depends on the individual and what is being tweaked or adjusted and why. Rites of passage ordeals, the creation of an alter, attempting to steer them in a particular way. But to do what is fairly enigmatic.
edit on 2015-01-08T20:17:50-06:002015Thu, 08 Jan 2015 20:17:50 -060050pm17Thu, 08 Jan 2015 20:17:50 -060000 by corsair00 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 02:57 AM
link   
Being in an immortal society would be awesome, beyond imagination!

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 01:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: corsair00
a reply to: SystemResistor

Such things result in suffering to that individual and also this affects their freedom to exist how they want to and to experience what they want to. There are also subversive actions, that are done to individuals without them realising it, thus violating their freedom but also causing confusion because they cannot pin-point its source.

The point of that being what exactly? I am just curious... Is it the awareness of certain things that causes the suffering, or is the causing of suffering intentional? I guess it all depends on the individual and what is being tweaked or adjusted and why. Rites of passage ordeals, the creation of an alter, attempting to steer them in a particular way. But to do what is fairly enigmatic.

Wouldnt it be nice if suffering was an optional part of earthly existance?
edit on 11-1-2015 by FormOfTheLord because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 01:34 AM
link   
Hook me up to a computer bro. Let the nanobots infest me. Let m consciousness spread digitally.

Personally I think it would be great.
I want in.

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 01:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: DaRAGE
Hook me up to a computer bro. Let the nanobots infest me. Let m consciousness spread digitally.

Personally I think it would be great.

I want in.

Crazy thought I just had what if our society is evolving into something else more astral than physical.

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 03:09 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 04:32 AM
link   

The Devil is in the Details.

That's my science motto right now. I think its easy to get in thinking about the possible when you see some things that really are possible, but that possibility thinking gets out of control, and you don't learn it until you actually sit down and try to do something, and learn the devil is in the details. Fusion is a good example, apparently it always looks simple on paper, but its really hard in reality. DDT is another, they made it, but it had consequences they didn't expect, just like something is pushing autism rates through the roof right now.

So what humanity has achieved is really this long epic fight with the devil in the details, and the only way to actually get from here to there is to sit down and fight that fight, until your tech dreams are physically manifest and without unintended consequences. Some people would debate with your point here, but most of the debates on what we should do are actually pretty irrelevant. Do you remember the debate about whether we should all use the Internet, or smart phones, or cars, or electricity? No, because there were none. The invention of those things shaped the world automatically, because of their appeal.

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 05:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: tridentblue

That's my science motto right now. I think its easy to get in thinking about the possible when you see some things that really are possible, but that possibility thinking gets out of control, and you don't learn it until you actually sit down and try to do something, and learn the devil is in the details. Fusion is a good example, apparently it always looks simple on paper, but its really hard in reality. DDT is another, they made it, but it had consequences they didn't expect, just like something is pushing autism rates through the roof right now.

So what humanity has achieved is really this long epic fight with the devil in the details, and the only way to actually get from here to there is to sit down and fight that fight, until your tech dreams are physically manifest and without unintended consequences. Some people would debate with your point here, but most of the debates on what we should do are actually pretty irrelevant. Do you remember the debate about whether we should all use the Internet, or smart phones, or cars, or electricity? No, because there were none. The invention of those things shaped the world automatically, because of their appeal.

I think technological evolution is being suppresed as far as nanotechnology for the masses goes, something about grey goo and Pandoras box.

However I like Pandora I think shes cute and if she allowed me to open up her box I most certainly wouldnt hesitate to dive on in LOLz.

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 04:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: tridentblue

they didn't expect, just like something is pushing autism rates through the roof right now.

The guff is closed?

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Tech can be manipulated by superceding tech so NO i will not agree.
I don't want to be HACKED by an AI.

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Biotics sounds good.

Immortality sounds boring as tempting as it sounds, and possibly lonesome. I wouldn't mind a few centuries, keeping some youth, then just croak as fast as Yoda did.

Nanobots are cool in theory, but can be scarier in theory. Great for cleaning the body, or if the nanobot got viral, and it would be a plague worse then Cancer.

Most morals of the story dealing with the future, or a grim reaper from a Christmas tale become foreboding and could make one idle.

I would love technology to advanced a lot further then it could right now, to the point it would seem natural in some parallel existence. I'd perfer it would just be basic implants instead of falling to absolution to going the path of cybernetics. Cybernetic and genetics merging as one, well Slow and Steady wins the race.

Knowledge is power, weather it should be shared or not is often debatable and fought over. Is there a real limit with knowledge, or is it unlimited?

Wouldn't aliens have thought the same thing?

edit on 11-1-2015 by Specimen because: (no reason given)

edit on 11-1-2015 by Specimen because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 08:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Specimen

Biotics sounds good.

Immortality sounds boring as tempting as it sounds, and possibly lonesome. I wouldn't mind a few centuries, keeping some youth, then just croak as fast as Yoda did.

Nanobots are cool in theory, but can be scarier in theory. Great for cleaning the body, or if the nanobot got viral, and it would be a plague worse then Cancer.

Most morals of the story dealing with the future, or a grim reaper from a Christmas tale become foreboding and could make one idle

I would love technology to advanced a lot further then it could right now, to the point it would seem natural in some parallel existence. I'd perfer it would just be basic implants instead of falling to absolution to going the path of cybernetics. Cybernetic and genetics merging as one, well Slow and Steady wins the race.

Knowledge is power, weather it should be shared or not is often debatable and fought over. Is there a real limit with knowledge, or is it unlimited?

Wouldn't aliens have thought the same thing?

I would hope that eventually we could get to the sub-atomic level of nanobots, manipulating energy at the atomic level.
As to having sub atomic technology inside of us sure, we would be superhuman by that point in my opinion.
Just think for a moment about a superhuman society, similar to Star Trek Q's how awesome would that be.

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 02:36 AM
link   
Just think what we could do if we had our own personalized nanobot swarms to do with as we pleased.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join