It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Marchers rally in solidarity in France and Europe after Charlie Hebdo attack [PHOTO]

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 10:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: ImaFungi

originally posted by: JDmOKI
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

I'm not saying that Muslims aren't speaking out, I just don't see any hope of change. I feel like extremism is getting far worse and I don't see any hope of it changing.

Change has to come from Muslim community

"While the United States represents about 5 percent of the world's population, it houses around 25 percent of the world's prisoners"

Isnt that extreme? No change has to come from the American community?

I have no idea how you are relating these two issues. Do you think the U.S. needs to have less people in prison so that Islamic terrorist stop killing cartoonists in France?

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 10:31 AM
link   
a reply to: ImaFungi

So only the US has bad people? Most of these are drug related offenses and people are speaking out and wanting change. Remember the war on drugs? failed but at least we recognize the problem. I don't know many people whose life goal is to become a drug addict.

I'm all for using our prison system to house the Muslim extremists, now thats something I want my tax money paying for instead of people just selling marijuana. 2 pot dealers for 1 Muslim extremist

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 10:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Jamie1

Its an old form of finger pointing used in elementary schools. You do something bad in school and point the finger at the other kid and say "but he did this!" thinking its a valid excuse.

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 10:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Jamie1
Very cool photo of the protestors in Paris tonight:

Full story here.

Interesting excerpt from the article are comments from a Muslim who joined the protest. Many people complain that Muslims need to speak up against the extremists. Faycal Haddad did:

Faycal Haddad, a Muslim, carried a homemade sign stating "not in my name, not in the name of my religion."

"I don't want anyone to say that my kids, someone from my family, is involved -- this is not Islam," Haddad said. "If I thought that this was what Islam was about, I would not be part of it. No religion in the world can authorize anyone to kill.

"We need to unite against these few people, they are a bacteria, a virus, and we need to find a solution," Haddad added.

He joined the public outpouring on the spur of the moment, straight from work, without telling his wife or kids, he added.

"I felt it was my job to be here," he said. He was planning to bring his family to the protest planned for Saturday in Paris, he said.

The world presents us with circumstances. The meanings we give these circumstances will create our future.

Nice thread star and flag
Im really only here to read the comments, I could quite easily end up with another posting ban,
what I am going to say is, this is people power, this along with choosing weather to be offended by something is what living in a free country is all about, and I am glad these people have stood up to defened it, there are plenty of countries around the world where this could not happen, everyone has a choice
edit on 8-1-2015 by dam00 because: posted in the quote

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 11:32 AM
link   

We aren't talking about the US prison system.... although you should go outside and protest peacefully about it, unless you're in a country controlled by sharia law

We are talking about bad people. America has 5% of the worlds people but breeds 25% of the worlds bad people.

Now if only those people were ALL in prison for legitimately 'bad people' reasons.

A large chunk (won't say majority without the numbers to back it up) are in prison for non-violent crimes, this is especially true for federal institutions.

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 03:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jamie1

a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

I'm not saying that Muslims aren't speaking out, I just don't see any hope of change. I feel like extremism is getting far worse and I don't see any hope of it changing.

Change has to come from Muslim community

"While the United States represents about 5 percent of the world's population, it houses around 25 percent of the world's prisoners"

Isnt that extreme? No change has to come from the American community?

I have no idea how you are relating these two issues. Do you think the U.S. needs to have less people in prison so that Islamic terrorist stop killing cartoonists in France?

The poster I responded to, feels like extremism is getting far worse, that is to say, a brand of bad people are getting badder and/or recruiting more bad people to be bad with them and strike fear into the poster who I responded to. The point I was trying to make was wondering why the poster I responded to is so afraid about these extreme bad people, when America, the country the poster I responded to lives in, breeds 25% of the worlds bad people. I asked, is this not extreme, and why is the poster I responded to looking in other peoples backyards for extremism, when his own backyard is quite extreme, as in, full of bad people.

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 03:11 PM
link   

So only the US has bad people? Most of these are drug related offenses and people are speaking out and wanting change. Remember the war on drugs? failed but at least we recognize the problem. I don't know many people whose life goal is to become a drug addict.

I'm all for using our prison system to house the Muslim extremists, now thats something I want my tax money paying for instead of people just selling marijuana. 2 pot dealers for 1 Muslim extremist

Most prisoners in America are in prison due to drug related offenses? I did not know that fact. Though still, drugs and drug related offenses can be extreme. 45 people are murdered in America every day.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join