It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Marchers rally in solidarity in France and Europe after Charlie Hebdo attack [PHOTO]

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 10:37 PM
link   
Very cool photo of the protestors in Paris tonight:

Full story here.

Interesting excerpt from the article are comments from a Muslim who joined the protest. Many people complain that Muslims need to speak up against the extremists. Faycal Haddad did:

Faycal Haddad, a Muslim, carried a homemade sign stating "not in my name, not in the name of my religion."

"I don't want anyone to say that my kids, someone from my family, is involved -- this is not Islam," Haddad said. "If I thought that this was what Islam was about, I would not be part of it. No religion in the world can authorize anyone to kill.

"We need to unite against these few people, they are a bacteria, a virus, and we need to find a solution," Haddad added.

He joined the public outpouring on the spur of the moment, straight from work, without telling his wife or kids, he added.

"I felt it was my job to be here," he said. He was planning to bring his family to the protest planned for Saturday in Paris, he said.

The world presents us with circumstances. The meanings we give these circumstances will create our future.

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 10:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Jamie1

I don't understand why we don't see more outrage from the Muslim community. I want to see more messages like this speaking out against these acts.

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 10:54 PM
link   
a reply to: JDmOKI

Because it's not pertinent to the Media narrative.

It's actually counter-productive.

I'm sure you've heard of Google...
Give "muslims speak out" a try....
You'll find many links to many cases!

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 10:56 PM
link   

Description of Video-

Here are the self-described "Moderate Muslims" at a conference here in this country. Find out what they believe about the Quran commanding death to homosexuals, stoning for adultery and executing anyone who tries to leave Islam.

I am not sure which country is 'this country' given in the video.

edit on 7-1-2015 by occrest because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 10:58 PM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

I'm not saying that Muslims aren't speaking out, I just don't see any hope of change. I feel like extremism is getting far worse and I don't see any hope of it changing.

Change has to come from Muslim community

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Ok the extremist voice is louder, I understand you now yes.

It's a shame.

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 11:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: JDmOKI

I'm not saying that Muslims aren't speaking out, I just don't see any hope of change. I feel like extremism is getting far worse and I don't see any hope of it changing.

My perception is entirely different.

There will be change. I think this reached a tipping point today. Look at the photos of the protests. This is for real, not contrived. Spontaneous inspiration of millions of people to stand for what is right.

The VAST majority, like 99% of the Muslim community find this appalling. Even if they sympathize with the reason, they find the response appalling. Wouldn't you? If you're Christian, or Jewish, or Hindi, or any other religion, and somebody did this in the name of your religion, wouldn't you find it appalling?

99.999% of Muslims are super cool. They don't want trouble. As my one friend describes it, a lot of them are "bad Muslims," meaning they're just like "bad Christians." They are Muslim by name and tradition, and still drink and cheat on their wives.

The change might not be pretty, and it might not come easy, but it's inevitable.
edit on 7-1-2015 by Jamie1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 11:30 PM
link   

Thank you for posting this it is wonderful to see!

I agree all day about 99.9999% of Muslims being super cool!

In my experience they have been peaceful, loving, generous, in every way the exact opposite of the MSM script.

Much like the KKK does not represent true Christianty, Islamic Fundamentalism does not represent real Islam.

I would guess that the accurate numbers are probably pretty parallel.

Especially when you factor in a group like ISIS and how they are predominately mercenaries organized by various intelligence agencies who hide behind the "Islamic Fundamentalism" cover.
edit on America/ChicagoWednesdayAmerica/Chicago01America/Chicago131pmWednesday11 by elementalgrove because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 11:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: elementalgrove

Thank you for posting this it is wonderful to see!

I agree all day about 99.9999% of Muslims being super cool!

In my experience they have been peaceful, loving, generous, in every way the exact opposite of the MSM script.

Much like the KKK does not represent true Christianty, Islamic Fundamentalism does not represent real Islam.

I would guess that the accurate numbers are probably pretty parallel.

Especially when you factor in a group like ISIS and how they are predominately mercenaries organized by various intelligence agencies who hide behind the "Islamic Fundamentalism" cover.

You're welcome!

Here's how I see it...

Go out into the world, anywhere. About 10% of the people act like a$$holes.

Why would that percentage be any different inside of any group?

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 11:40 PM
link   

The VAST majority, like 99% of the Muslim community find this appalling.

So only 15,700,000 of the Muslim population is all for it?

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 11:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Domo1

The VAST majority, like 99% of the Muslim community find this appalling.

So only 15,700,000 of the Muslim population is all for it?

LOL.... the 99% was a figure of speech. Point well taken though.

Keep in mind that 50% are women. The women are going to be the catalyst for change. At least that's my belief. They are mothers, sisters, and daughters.

The kids growing up with smartphones and the internet are going to be exposed to all sorts of beliefs and ideas, and will choose progress over murder. It can't NOT happen.

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 11:48 PM
link   
Marching is nothing.

What’s wrong with these governments?

They have armies of killers massive spying, NSA, all kinds of police agencies and smart weapons.

Why don’t they just come together as a UN force and do in the JIHADIST WORLDWIDE.

These governments AREN'T doing their job

Look at the Nigerian government letting BOKO Haram run amuck.

Look at Obama letting ISIS run amuck

The marches should demand a UN international force NOW to exterminate these Jihadists.

edit on 7-1-2015 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 12:07 AM
link   

Keep in mind that 50% are women. The women are going to be the catalyst for change. At least that's my belief. They are mothers, sisters, and daughters.

Are you setting me up so you don't have to say it? Clever.

Let's take a hard look at how women are treated in any country where Islam is the predominate religion. They are treated like crap. Women in these countries have no voice, and when they speak up they get murdered, splashed with acid or raped and stoned to death. Get raped? Well if you report it you are going to be stoned to death.

Women no longer have a voice or source of power in these countries.

Islamic countries are horrible. Islam is not. The problem is that these countries with a majority of Islamic followers are stuck in the stone age and the people are intimidated (and I don't blame them) into allowing it.

Islam has been perverted, and I don't buy the 1%. Look at all the polls in different countries. A disturbing amount of Muslims think people should be killed for something as benign as insulting their prophet, or even depicting him.

Christians are not without fault, but we have changed. I wasn't scared for my life when I visited the Vatican, and neither were the throngs of people of other religions.

There is good Islam, but I don't think you're going to find it in any country that is predominately Islamic. I edited to say that you won't find it the majority. There are of course wonderful people everywhere, and real Muslims.

There is a huge difference between Muslims in Western countries and those stuck in a tradition that's thousands of years old.

Makes me sad. There are so many countries with rich history and gorgeous sights I would like to see. Until the crazies are reigned in, I'm staying out.

I don't hate Islam, and I would GLADLY welcome Muslims into my home. There is a problem, and we need to stop pretending there isn't one.
edit on 0820150120151 by Domo1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 12:16 AM
link   
I am very interested in seeing where the people of France go from here. What steps they will take to combat extremism. These protests are a very positive sign in my opinion.

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 12:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Domo1

Are you setting me up so you don't have to say it? Clever.

Let's take a hard look at how women are treated in any country where Islam is the predominate religion. They are treated like crap. Women in these countries have no voice, and when they speak up they get murdered, splashed with acid or raped and stoned to death. Get raped? Well if you report it you are going to be stoned to death.

Women no longer have a voice or source of power in these countries.

Islamic countries are horrible. Islam is not. The problem is that these countries with a majority of Islamic followers are stuck in the stone age and the people are intimidated (and I don't blame them) into allowing it.

Islam has been perverted, and I don't buy the 1%. Look at all the polls in different countries. A disturbing amount of Muslims think people should be killed for something as benign as insulting their prophet, or even depicting him.

Christians are not without fault, but we have changed. I wasn't scared for my life when I visited the Vatican, and neither were the throngs of people of other religions.

There is good Islam, but I don't think you're going to find it in any country that is predominately Islamic. I edited to say that you won't find it the majority. There are of course wonderful people everywhere, and real Muslims.

There is a huge difference between Muslims in Western countries and those stuck in a tradition that's thousands of years old.

Makes me sad. There are so many countries with rich history and gorgeous sights I would like to see. Until the crazies are reigned in, I'm staying out.

I don't hate Islam, and I would GLADLY welcome Muslims into my home. There is a problem, and we need to stop pretending there isn't one.

The way women are treated is why I think women will be the catalyst.

There will be a leader, somebody will rise up out of the masses of people and take a stand. It's what's happened over and over throughout history.

Putting politics aside, look at the history of the U.S. The country has rallied around leaders who have stood out and inspired people.

There will be a leader emerge from one or more Muslim countries that will be charismatic, and will inspire people to move out of the stone age.

Of course, I'm just making this vision up from nowhere. It's just my belief.

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 12:37 AM
link   

"While the United States represents about 5 percent of the world's population, it houses around 25 percent of the world's prisoners"

Isnt that extreme? No change has to come from the American community?

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 12:46 AM
link   

It's hard to think of it as a small minority when they burn 1,000 cars on NYE alone.

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 09:47 AM
link   
a reply to: ImaFungi

We aren't talking about the US prison system.... although you should go outside and protest peacefully about it, unless you're in a country controlled by sharia law

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 09:57 AM
link   
Everyone in our city did a symbolic protest, and today at work everyone went outside at had a minute of silence for the victims. We are all wearing "Je Suis Charlie" signs on our backs at the hospital.
The atmosphere is electric, and I admit even I feel pretty hostile.
Sadly, it seems like some of the more peaceful less extreme Muslims are against this sort of stuff, but in talking to one Muslim woman I work with, they are scared of being too outspoken or visible. She lives in a state funded housing complex, filled with all muslims of all sorts, and she doesn't want to bring any resentment to her family. Basically she's scared.

The videos taken on that event showed a policeman backing off and getting shot anyway- everyone I talked to today was most impacted by that scene.

It strikes them as showing that the terrorists are more powerful than the authorities who are supposed to protect us.
Imagine the moderate muslim in such a context- he/she thinking- if I speak out, who's going to protect me and my children?

Things look very bad from where I am.

One of my coworkers said to me today, "You think the americans are going to come bail us out again? Seems like we never seem to get ourselves out of # without them saving our asses."

edit on 8-1-2015 by Bluesma because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 10:03 AM
link   

a reply to: ImaFungi

We aren't talking about the US prison system.... although you should go outside and protest peacefully about it, unless you're in a country controlled by sharia law

We are talking about bad people. America has 5% of the worlds people but breeds 25% of the worlds bad people.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join