It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cleaning stained seats?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Hello everyone!

I appreciate the time you have taken to view and/or comment any help you provide. I have a 2007 Nissan Xterra that I haven't been too nice with. Between work/daughter/taxi cabbing my now ex around I had no time to keep it clean. I've spilled coffee's, sodas and even orange juice in the seats. They are not cloth but a more rugged material. My question to you is what have you guys used to help lift stains from seats? A friend suggested a hand held steam cleaner I've yet to try. Any foams/sprays or methods that were unlikely candidates and worked well? My goal is to clean her up and get her looking nice again to eventually sell and get rid of my outrageous payments. Thanks again!

edit on 7-1-2015 by InfinityandBeyond because: typo

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 05:34 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 05:39 PM
link   
a reply to: haven123

Nice video I appreciate it. I know I can rent a steam cleaner such as that, thank you for this!

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 05:41 PM
link   

edit on 7-1-2015 by alishainwonderland because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 05:48 PM
link   
where i worked we used to use george we had a few of them very powerful and look funny.
www.averncleaningsupplies.com...

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 05:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: alishainwonderland

twas good advice why delete?

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 05:54 PM
link   
a reply to: haven123

How many horses? I have a shop vac at home, but I'll need a new filter, so I might as well just rent a steam cleaner

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 07:12 PM
link   
a reply to: InfinityandBeyond

If you have the space time and tools then take the seats out and clean them either with a home based carpet cleaner or jusr scrub them with whatever upholstery cleaners are available, while the seats are taken out(usually only a few bolts) then take the time to really clean the whole interior of the car.

If you can borrow or rent a polisher and get some cutting compound and bring the bodywork back up to spec. Polish all of the lights, if you can't get cutting compound then use abrasive toothpaste so they are crystal clear.

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 08:59 PM
link   

new topics

top topics

join