It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Mohammed Challenge

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 04:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Jamie1

No the picture I was talking about is using christian beliefs to show why islam is wrong.
Hence the false prophet leading people to hell.

So sure, it is telling all those that are not christian to go # themselves, but that is what we don't want right?

link   

originally posted by: SubTruth

This poster does not get the greater issue this is not about religions it is about freedom and liberty. Radical Islam does not believe in liberty or freedom and that is why they try and make others conform.

This is about freedom of speech and it is the radicals who made this about religion.

Yes, the poster x-ing out all religions is promoting the exact same intolerant view of others as do the killers.

Why is diversity the religion of the culture until those who promote diversity come face to face with people who have view points they don't agree with?

WTF.

link   

originally posted by: Jamie1

originally posted by: skyblueworld

That is all.

Why X out all religions?

It's what Stalin did while he was killing 50 million people.

Are you advocating against diversity?

Why not focus on the killers, and those who threaten to kill people over cartoons?

Religion causes wars, I wish they (religions) never existed.

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 04:26 PM
link   

They have a thing about thinking it`s not right that there are images of Mohammed and it`s a really big deal for them...

...so yes, you force something which they feel very strongly about on them.

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 04:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: NthOther
The only point I see to any of this is an outlet for getting your spite-filled, hateful jollies off.

If you look at my post on page one you will see that I am not "getting (my) spite-filled, hateful jollies off."

Rather, I posted a picture of Mohammed by an Ottoman artist copied from a Persian painting, and included a link that showed depictions of Mohammed from Muslims and non-Muslims throughout history. I thought it was quite interesting to read, and to show just how misguided these extremists are....
edit on 7-1-2015 by aorAki because: spacing

link   

originally posted by: BornAgainAlien

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: BornAgainAlien

Oh, I see, so that's why I see so much respect of Christians in the media?

Please!

Edit to add:

Either you mock everyone or you mock no one, but no one gets to be a special snowflake that gets to be respected while everyone else gets dragged through the mud.

Most of you simply look to it from a Western point of view, and by so think we can mock everything, but they aren`t....so what you do is force your Western point of things at them.

How many people who aren`t Christians flip out when a Christian tries to force his believes on them?

Well, you`re doing the exact same thing by forcing your Western moral on them by saying we can do that.

This website is based in the west and most of us live in the west.

So yeah we look at it with a western point of view.

Now if I was in the ME i would keep my opinions to my self, but I am not IN the middle east now am I?

If muslims dont like it? They are welcome to move back to a totalatarian islamic country.

link   

Please!

Edit to add:

Either you mock everyone or you mock no one, but no one gets to be a special snowflake that gets to be respected while everyone else gets dragged through the mud.

Most of you simply look to it from a Western point of view, and by so think we can mock everything, but they aren`t....so what you do is force your Western point of things at them.

How many people who aren`t Christians flip out when a Christian tries to force his believes on them?

Well, you`re doing the exact same thing by forcing your Western moral on them by saying we can do that.

Please man, they can act as bat# crazy as they want in their crap whole of a country.

They are coming into ours and trying to tell us we have to conform to their beliefs or else.....death destriction and violence.

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 04:28 PM
link   
a reply to: SubTruth

To say that all the other muslism's need to stop it is a cop out IMO.

What can they do but resort to the same level as the extremist and use violence to stop them.

They are beyond seeing that their ways are wrong, that is how they got to where they are in the first place.

Non radical's in no way support what happens and show their disdain often.
That is about all they can do.

link   
a reply to: aorAki

Isn't it also a new thing not being able to draw Mo Mo ?.

link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80

No the picture I was talking about is using christian beliefs to show why islam is wrong.
Hence the false prophet leading people to hell.

So sure, it is telling all those that are not christian to go # themselves, but that is what we don't want right?

No, it's telling those who try to dictate what we can publish or else face being murdered to go f*$K themselves.

The context in this case is cartoons of Muhammed. If it were Chirstians killing people for putting crosses inside jars filled with urine, then we'd be posting pictures of crosses inside jars filled with urine.

It has nothing to do with their religion, and everything to do with them using their religion as an excuse to kill people.

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Please!

Edit to add:

Seeing as how these are native born muslims, this argument you are making doesn't even apply.

These are Westerners, too.

There is an old saying: When in Rome, do as the Romans do.

Well, even if they weren't willing to do as the Romans do, then they were born there and grew up among Romans. There is no excuse for them NOT to understand the ways of their native culture even if they didn't live it. So, in this case, what they were doing was very much trying to impose outside, alien belief systems on Rome through violence and terror.

(And yes, you can just sub. France for Rome.)

link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80

To say that all the other muslism's need to stop it is a cop out IMO.

What can they do but resort to the same level as the extremist and use violence to stop them.

They are beyond seeing that their ways are wrong, that is how they got to where they are in the first place.

Non radical's in no way support what happens and show their disdain often.
That is about all they can do.

Radical Islam will never stop externally it will only continue to grow. It needs to be stopped internally just like many other religions have done in the past. So in short you are 100% wrong.

Christians and many other religions have stopped crap like this now it is time for the moderates inside Islam to fix themselves.
edit on 7-1-2015 by SubTruth because: (no reason given)

link   

"Believers hurt by non-believers" (the man crying on the left) and "Non-believers hurt by believers." (the man lying in the pool of blood on the right).

link   

They have a thing about thinking it`s not right that there are images of Mohammed and it`s a really big deal for them...

...so yes, you force something which they feel very strongly about on them.

And we feel just as strongly that we can write and say what we want...

Who are the ones killing for their beliefs?

And you from a supposed high horse claiming it is ok........that sorry right there.

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 04:33 PM
link   

I get that is what this thread is about.
So sure, post a funny picture of mo mo all you want.

But it is about how showing one religions is more right then the other?
That was my issue with the picture.
Again I am talking about the one picture not about the thread as a whole, lets keep it in context here.

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 04:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010
Where was the massive MSM coverage of the Christian terrorist that was shooting up Austin back in Dec? There are terrorist in just about every religion but you only hear about the Muslim terrorist.

...yes, because "equality" dictates that the one recent "Christian" terrorist should dominate the media coverage at an equal level to the hundreds of Islamo-fascist terrorists committing high profile acts of terrorism on an almost weekly basis. After all, we wouldn't want any feelings hurt, now would we?

How many civillians were executed by Christian radicals after that guy in NYC crafted a painting of the Virgin Mary out of elephant feces? How many acts of terror stemmed from the IMOCA 'Blasphemous Art' exhibition (which focused on mocking Christianity) blogs.telegraph.co.uk... ? Now how many civillians lost their lives today because a cell of jackasses have such a freaking religious paranoia and fear that any depiction of their idol is considered grounds for mass violence and killings? Your argument FAILS.

:rollseyes:

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 04:35 PM
link   

How do you stop it without resorting to violence?
Which is on the same level and the exact thing you don't want to see happening!

They are beyond being taught their beliefs are wrong

So to blame those that are not radical for not going to radical solutions seems 100% wrong to me.

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Besides, you are all a little late to the party. It appears there was actually a Everyone draw Mohammed Day in May, 2010. en.wikipedia.org...

In the media, Everybody Draw Mohammed Day attracted both support from commentators who felt that the campaign represented important issues of freedom of speech, and the need to stand up for this freedom, as well as criticism from other commentators who found the initiative crass, juvenile, and needlessly offensive.

Interesting, I guess we havent come to far since then. Same ol same ol.
edit on 7-1-2015 by thesmokingman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 04:37 PM
link   
I like the idea of a draw Mohammed day.
I prefer they weren't ones that were trying to be crude but if they were then that is fine and I wouldn't persecute anybody for doing so.

Perhaps just any drawing will do..... Mohammed reading the paper, Mo going for a walk, Mo going on holiday, etc etc.
It could even be a stick drawing if like me, you can't draw.

I drew Mohammed body-popping as an example but I don't know how to upload pictures on to threads.

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 04:38 PM
link   
I don't have one of Mo...But here's his old lady.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join