It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who would you be now if you were raised in a different enviornment?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 10:08 PM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

We don't.

We strive to be better;

I've out-lived my mother by 7 years.
I'm 11 from out-living my grandma.
I've been alive 13 years longer than my foster brother
I've managed 10 years longer than my close friend.
3 years longer than another close friend.

I try to do what I can to be happy with what I have, but I struggle with the thought of all this pain... all this strife.... to just end it. They all managed to find happiness, not so much me.

There seems to be no reason to it, but that makes it much more important to me to find my niche. I want to be famous so that my suffering, isolation, worry/doubt/fear/angst HELP SOMEONE ELSE who won't have to suffer to learn what I have. I want to be famous so I can take care of the people I care about, the people I meet who want to be better than what they are. I want to be famous so that I can make the world a better place through my actions and hope that my pain somehow serves even one person in some way.

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 02:32 AM
link   
Funnily enough i was watching Trading Places just before seeing this thread. We are very much a product of our environment. The Ego is constructed from your hopes and fears, point's of view which are influenced by the environment in which you live. It's strange to think that if you were born into the 1% you would probably be a greedy, heartless git and not have the view point on life that you have now.

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 06:00 AM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

i would still be the same person - whatever environment i was raised in

but that wasnt the question was it ?

<< 1  2   >>

join