It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pussy Riot Protest Video Over Alexei Navalny sentencing

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 08:04 AM
link   
Pussy Riot Protest Video Over Alexei Navalny sentencing Looks Like a prostituting Video Then Protest
Source

You remember the Pussy Riot feminist group right? the three ladies whom were blessed by Hilary Clinton and the MSM? while they are back again in the news this time with the support from the NGOs they created a video which is rather quite revealing.

Pussy Riot, the Russian feminist punk band, has released a music video urging protest against the sentencing of Alexei Navalny. The Kremlin critic has been given a suspended sentence for embezzling money and his brother has been sentenced to three and a half years in jail in a case seen as part of a campaign to stifle dissent

The video starts up by one of the members putting make up, then speeds up shows up closer off drugs,cigarettes jewelery etc. How is this sending a protest message?

This more of a prostituting video then protesting message but again judging whom the backers of the Pussy Riot this shouldn't being an surprise.

Hillary Clinton poses with Pussy Riot

Clinton met with the women during the "Women in the World Summit" in New York.

edit on Tue Jan 6 2015 by DontTreadOnMe because: edit to use source title

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 08:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Agent_USA_Supporter

Why did you alter the title of the news article? It should read:

Pussy Riot call for protest over Alexei Navalny sentencing - video

+3 more 
posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 08:15 AM
link   
Do you have solid proof this was produced with the help of NGOs? If so, I'd like to see the sources.

ETA: If you think that is a "prostituting" video, you've never seen an American Music Video.
edit on 6-1-2015 by ScientificRailgun because: (no reason given)

+1 more 
posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 08:20 AM
link   
So in other words you're trying to discredit a group of women who were imprisoned for no other reason than speaking out against Putin. Which in turn helps to discredit the Navalny brothers. How telling.

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 08:22 AM
link   
You just don't understand punk rock. Punk rockers videos never have nothing to do with the actual subject they are talking about. But it looks more like you want to use this to attack Hillary rather than try to understand what the video is really about. Also when did women getting dressed up equal prostitution?

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 08:38 AM
link   

So who are you anyway?

moral authoritarian: You are enraged at women that aren't under control of you and your memes.
opposed to Hillary Clinton: Could be a multitude of reasons.
opposed to US international intelligence operations: Could be a multitude of reasons.
Language patterns would indicate ESL.

I'm going with Russian who is interested in influencing public opinion. Are you an amateur?

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Do you work for the Kremlin?

edit on 6-1-2015 by Dystopium because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 08:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Dystopium

Do you work for the Kremlin?

Delete...
Accusing someone of shilling is immature. I may not agree with what AgentUSASupporter says, but I would never call him a paid shill or agent. Putin fanboy? Very possible. But don't resort to calling him a shill.

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 08:57 AM
link   
a reply to: ScientificRailgun

I can if that's how I feel. He may not be but he undoubtedly behaves like one.

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 09:00 AM
link   

firstly, there are no drugs in that video. unless you want to call the cigarette a drug. or perhaps you were talking about the egg over the frying pan? do you think eggs are drugs?

anyway, do you speak Russian? did you translate the video? or do you normally equate women putting on lipstick, stockings and smoking cigarettes with prostitution right off the bat?

that suggestion alone is pretty telling.

and i wouldn't call hillary a "backer" of pussy riot. shes not sending them checks in the mail and bailing them out of prison. shes probably just taking advantage of a photo-op to further her own agenda and make her look "hip". and pussy riot is probably doing the same thing, taking advantage of the opportunity to spread the word about their cause as well.

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 09:03 AM
link   

And they can delete my post whatever. But this thread needs to be deleted for the blatant spin and calling them prostitutes is beyond immature.

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 09:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010 Also when did women getting dressed up equal prostitution?
according to Wikipedia, this sort of prostitution and not the more well known as punk rock aka selling out, ( thanks to Malcolm McLaren) was first recorded in 18th century bce in ancient Mesopotamia. Now, don't quote me, but I'm not sure how well versed these dames were with fellatio nor do I have any information on if it was strictly a barter system or if this civilization developed a monetary system. But my curiosity is getting the better of me.... I wonder how far a sack of onions could get me in one of those mesopotamian brothels, although an 18th century handjob would definitely be a good story to tell the grandkids around the campfire.

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 09:05 AM
link   

I watched the video and yes, it does look they are prostitutes. Sex sells and gets attention and they are using it to try to get whatever message they have out.

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 09:05 AM
link   
I missed the "protest" part.

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 09:09 AM
link   
If 'Pussy Riot' are prostitutes then 'Martin Luther King' is a pimp (ha, who knew calling MLK a pimp in a complete sentence could be a positive statement!).

The individuals involved in Pussy Riot are some of the bravest nonviolent demonstrators/performance artists on the planet. More power (and less Putin) to them.

EDIT: Wow. I just watched the video after posting, and it is so beautiful and powerful, I'm tearing up over it. OP, look what they're doing in there. The long end sequence has these wonderful people sweeping the Kremlin area (symbolic of sweeping away the old, bringing in the new), and then they fly off on the brooms like witches (symbolizing the power of women, powerful women are usually called witches by their detractors - and if I'm not mistaken the media in Russia has called them witches - and here they choose to own the term).

OP, thank you for posting this video, it's amazing, and just imagine that they're doing it in one of the most oppressive governments on the planet, a government that imprisoned them and sent them to Siberia. So you know what, I'm giving you a flag and star just for a thank you for sharing the video with ATS, and again, thank you.
edit on 6-1-2015 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 09:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Dystopium

And they can delete my post whatever. But this thread needs to be deleted for the blatant spin and calling them prostitutes is beyond immature.
aren't we all prostitutes though? All joking aside, who doesn't bend over their time and take someone's dealings up the cramhole every now and then? Who doesn't suck down someone's shaft like dealings for personal gain or self centered gratitude daily? I'm sure we all can relate to the rioting of pussies in this pussy riot of prostitutional proportions of the world we slave to....

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 09:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: jjkenobi

I watched the video and yes, it does look they are prostitutes. Sex sells and gets attention and they are using it to try to get whatever message they have out.

For those that attacked me on here they haven't seen the video which is not surprising. Yet they get stars for there attacks, thank you your the only in this whole thread that saw and understood what i posted.

Sex sells and gets attention and they are using it to try to get whatever message they have out.

Indeed.

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Answer my post please. I watched the video and it is one of the best vids, knowing the context of what they are doing and their history in this oppressive nation, I've ever seen.

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 09:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Aleister

Your very comical.

OP, thank you for posting this video, it's amazing, and just imagine that they're doing it in one of the most oppressive governments on the planet, a government that imprisoned them and sent them to Siberia. So you know what, I'm giving you a flag and star just for a thank you for sharing the video with ATS, and again, thank you.

Russia has a one of the most oppressive governments on the planet compared to the regime states of those that America has allied with itself?

I'm giving you a flag and star just for a thank you for sharing the video with ATS, and again,

I doubt that you even had seen it.

The individuals involved in Pussy Riot are some of the bravest nonviolent demonstrators/performance artists on the planet. More power (and less Putin) to them.

Really? bravest nonviolent demonstrators/performance artists on the planet are you serious with that post? the fact is the Pussy Riot dont have the support of the Russian public and you know why? because several of the Russian bloggers had documented one of their stunts long before that song they pulled on the famous old church.

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 09:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Aleister

How is that video a best? do explain.

what they are doing and their history in this oppressive nation, I've ever seen.

This isnt the 80s, but hey judging by some of the posts i can see that russophobia is still strong around here, not surprising.

Your claiming that Russia is a oppressive nation? really? thats comical.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join