It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could Money Be The Antichrist & Root Of Evil?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 12:27 AM
link   

So some believe that money is evil or is the very form of the Anti-Christ.

The thought that money may be what is hindering our society to progress foward and use the abundance.

Whats holding back solar technology. . . Money
Whats holding back all technologies. . . Money
What is holding back the end of world hunger. . . Money
What are the causes of wars. . . Money
What divides society causing haves and have nots. . . Money
What is the very form of materialism which divides human beings. . . Money
What do people sell thier souls for. . . Money
What do people kill for. . . Money
What is holding back all progressive advancemt of our world. . . Money
edit on 6-1-2015 by FormOfTheLord because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 12:34 AM
link   
Money looks more like leaves to me, not roots.

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 12:35 AM
link   
Old... Been know for ages....

Tell us how to get rid of it instead...

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 12:43 AM
link   
That song would have totally worked with "The Wolf of Wallstreet"

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 12:43 AM
link   
But money can also be a positive source of energy and productivity in a world of limited lifetime, limited resources and individualistic goals.
We can't have a world with money if we don't share common goals that we work together for.

The main problem as of now considering money, are the people that hold it's power, creates it out of thin air and then asks to be payed back in INTEREST.
All of which = Slavery.

Interest is evil in itself because it takes the energy of others while giving nothing back. The banks are parasites plain and simple.
edit on 6-1-2015 by theMediator because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 12:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Miccey
Old... Been know for ages....

Tell us how to get rid of it instead...

We build an advanced society and ban all forms of materialism & just make everything free for everyone. BAM done we evolve beyond the epic stupidity of materialism.

I think communism meaning no money is very good.

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 12:53 AM
link   
a reply to: FormOfTheLord

You forgot cures for disease.... like cancer...

Everyone knows theres a cure, but its not profitable to cure... Its better to treat symptoms

SO said person is stuck taking the drugs they need for the rest of their life

And the money keeps flowin

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 01:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Akragon

You forgot cures for disease.... like cancer...

Everyone knows theres a cure, but its not profitable to cure... Its better to treat symptoms

SO said person is stuck taking the drugs they need for the rest of their life

And the money keeps flowin

I agree 100% I did some biotech in college and we visited a few big companies on our class trips, you wouldnt believe the stuff they say like we cant make things unless we can make a profit from it. Yep all the science we have is being held back by. . . wait for it. . . money!

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 01:14 AM
link   
Of course money is the problem.

But privitization through montary assets has always been the prime objective of society.

Gotta leave privitization of vitial resources alone. Everything that requires a better state of life not including toys and entertainment should be publicly owned and publically operated, as well as the funds used should go into other publically owned and operated buisnesses.

Money can work. Just not with Privitization or better known as Capitalism.

And can't have a federally run government. It needs to be publically run at the micro level.

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 01:15 AM
link   
Well according to the bible no.
Seeing everyone has to give priests half a shekle rich or poor.

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 01:18 AM
link   
or we could just go for a resource based economy, with the exception of everything being publically owned and operated by the public and is at the will of the public.

Voting should become a course in school. As well as learning about our society and how it is run.
Technology should utilize this to do multipul choice votes every week that will alter the laws. With the prevention of having such a system become monopolized by a few.

I think we need a resource based economy honestly. But getting rid of privatization works as well too.

Private property should only apply to residences.
Anything else should be public.

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 01:32 AM
link   

Not money...

The love of money; the love of wealth; greed; selfishness; believing the spirit that says, "eating (taking in to yourself) the fruit of unjust love (evil/wickedness) is not deadly", and eating it up; believing the liar and (re)producing the lie; the anti-truth; the antichrist.

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 01:35 AM
link   
The belief that money is the root of all evil is more damaging than inanimate coins or bills.

Money is nothing except what you believe it to be. What you believe it to be will directly reflect how much of it you have.

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 01:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bleeeeep

Not money...

The love of money; the love of wealth; greed; selfishness; believing the spirit that says, "eating (taking in to yourself) the fruit of unjust love (evil/wickedness) is not deadly", and eating it up; believing the liar and (re)producing the lie; the anti-truth; the antichrist.

I agree 100% money holds no value other than what we give it, for some reason people live, kill, and die for materialism which is to some the very definition of what evil is and how it corrupts the hearts and minds of humanity.

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 02:13 AM
link   

For the love of money is a root of all evil: False Prophets Exposed.

I watched this on money and the state of how greed has hijacked religious institutions.

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 03:17 AM
link   

There is another kind of "money" that exists, and that is life itself, those whom are life-rich enjoy their lives, no matter how much commercial money is available to them, unless they crave the things that commercial money buys, they live comfortably. How do you earn "life" - that is a mystery although you can say that it is still "earned" in the common sense of the word and it is also "spent" just like real money. Some say that good deeds bring life, and other say that it is survival and your ability to defend your soul that allows you to keep it. I believe there is an inverse ratio of the amount of material gratification that one sustains and their amount of "life" - however there are plenty of people that are both materially and spiritually rich, although they have a lot, they do not need it to enjoy their lives - a key difference. It is a very complex subject and it also presents a constant problem for those that have realised that "life" also can be exchanged for commercial money - perhaps some people really do sell their souls to get what they want in the material world, to varying degrees.

All I want is independence and comfortable living, and a basic job is all I need. Others want status, they want the latest and greatest consumer items, they want "location" in high-demand areas, they want vacations, they want the finest foods and they want to be able to afford "class" and be included in upper-echelon social circles.

Not to say that these are bad things, indeed, such a life is enjoyable, however, they "need" these things and, funny as it is, they "could not live without them".

Though, in order to pay for such things, they really do need to work like slaves, and as such suffer from stress and anxiety when they contemplate what life would be like if they were not to have what they have.

This is where we draw a line, people that depend upon money to see a purpose to live, and those that don't - those whom are "free" from its enslavement.

In terms of your statements about money, selfishness and deception still exists without money, it is a problem with humanity at the moment. Hopefully we are still evolving, and hopefully we will survive - as a race - to enjoy living in a totally intuitive, creative, and open society.
edit on 6-1-2015 by SystemResistor because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 03:21 AM
link   
"Could money be the antichrist & root of all evil?"

Um, Duh?

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 03:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: FormOfTheLord

originally posted by: Bleeeeep

Not money...

The love of money; the love of wealth; greed; selfishness; believing the spirit that says, "eating (taking in to yourself) the fruit of unjust love (evil/wickedness) is not deadly, and eating it up; believing the liar and (re)producing the lie; the anti-truth; the antichrist.

I agree 100% money holds no value other than what we give it, for some reason people live, kill, and die for materialism which is to some the very definition of what evil is and how it corrupts the hearts and minds of humanity.

This is called Gnosticism & it was the true teachings of Jesus.

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 04:11 AM
link   
"Who is the liar? Whoever denies that Jesus is The Christ. Whoever denies The Father and The Son, this is the antiChrist."
(1John2:22)

The LOVE of money is the root of evil. Greed. Idolized, therefore breaking several commandments, starting with the 1st.

Money is necessary, lets stay in reality.

Even Jesus reminded folks to pay their taxes. "Give unto Caesar that which belongs to Caesar."

edit on 6-1-2015 by Ignatian because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 04:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Ignatian

Your acceptance of "reality" makes me sick.

& I just lost so much respect for Jesus from that quote.

Taxes...belong to Caesar.. Ya you probably love modern day society.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join