It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could Money Be The Antichrist & Root Of Evil?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 12:44 AM
link   

I thought this video was interesting it disscusses the top 1% as well as attempts to define communism.

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 06:49 AM
link   
a reply to: FormOfTheLord

Ok. I'm sold. I like the idea of having as much as everyone else because everyone else has as little as I do. Sounds fair. What could be more compassionate, right?

How do we bring forth and maintain the Great Lowest Common Denominator Society?

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 07:38 AM
link   

Psychetruth News Correspondent Corrina Rachel interviews psychologist Dr. John Breeding about the role of money in happiness, does materialism cause misery? Is our society too materialistic? Are advertisements making us miserable?

Now in the video they mention being out in nature, however in my mind I think its not just having less access to good things and great technological gizmos but having access to all the wealth of our civilization equal for everyone.

For example everyone having the best medical care, access to any type of car, having a nice house, free travel anywhere, the healthiest foods, unlimited access to everything desired.

So yeah that just my take on it.

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 08:03 AM
link   

For example everyone having the best medical care, access to any type of car, having a nice house, free travel anywhere, the healthiest foods, unlimited access to everything desired.

Sounds great. Without 'money' (or any medium of exchange?) or a totalitarian regime (?), what makes you think these things would exist to have access to in the first place.

"Everything's free" may sound nice, but how do you think that could happen?

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 08:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: DenyObfuscation

Sounds great. Without 'money' (or any medium of exchange?) or a totalitarian regime (?), what makes you think these things would exist to have access to in the first place.

Its not about me, and what I think. . . . Its about everyone working together for the common good.

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 08:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: FormOfTheLord

Its not about me, and what I think. . . . Its about everyone working together for the common good.

Again, that sounds real nice but how would that work?

Brain surgeon and burger flipper drive the same kind of car and live in 'common good' carbon copy homes. Why would the brain surgeon go through all the trouble to become one if he could just flip burgers or such? Why would there be cars to drive or homes to live in?

Remove the current motivation and replace it with, what exactly? Has anyone thought this through?
edit on 8-1-2015 by DenyObfuscation because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Again, that sounds real nice but how would that work?

Brain surgeon and burger flipper drive the same kind of car and live in 'common good' carbon copy homes. Why would the brain surgeon go through all the trouble to become one if he could just flip burgers or such? Why would there be cars to drive or homes to live in?

Remove the current motivation and replace it with, what exactly? Has anyone thought this through?

I think what you term as motivation would rather best be called leverage...

One man wanting or needing to leverage against another man is a sickness in the mind...(barter for equal material value is ethically sound).

The ego has to be disciplined, not nurtured like it is on every news item.
People have to be reminded that their Mother is equal to every other man's Mother.

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Not literally, however in spirit and in truth there is something to this proclamation.

"The love of money, is the root of all evil" - 1 Timothy 6:10

"No man can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other. Ye cannot serve God and money." - Mat 6:24

So choosing to serve money (love) is the root of refusing to serve (love) Christ. If you refuse to serve Christ you could be considered against (anti) Christ ruling over your life.

God bless,

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 02:12 PM
link   
a reply to: loveguy

I think what you term as motivation would rather best be called leverage...

Why? I'll listen, if you explain.

barter for equal material value is ethically sound

Not arguing ethics. Why barter when everything's free?

Read my posts in this thread to see where I'm coming from.

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 09:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: ElohimJD

Not literally, however in spirit and in truth there is something to this proclamation.

"The love of money, is the root of all evil" - 1 Timothy 6:10

"No man can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other. Ye cannot serve God and money." - Mat 6:24

So choosing to serve money (love) is the root of refusing to serve (love) Christ. If you refuse to serve Christ you could be considered against (anti) Christ ruling over your life.

God bless,

A very good point, just think is there money in heaven? If there was would it be heaven at all? I dont see why all societies cant turn thier backs on materialism with the technology of todays world it would be like a utopia.

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 05:56 AM
link   
Yes money and materialism could very well be the root of earthly evils. . . .

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 06:26 AM
link   

So if we eliminate money we can have 'free materialism' ?

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 06:48 AM
link   

So if we eliminate money we can have 'free materialism' ?

Money is just the vessel of materialism, both are as evil as satan himself lolz. . .

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 06:56 AM
link   

No money required for materialism. You haven't proposed a single thing to eliminate materialism. You've only proposed the elimination of the monetary cost.

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 07:36 AM
link   

No money required for materialism. You haven't proposed a single thing to eliminate materialism. You've only proposed the elimination of the monetary cost.

Materialism is a state of mind, the desire to possess various items, if the items are given then there is no longer an excess desire to obtain them.

However excessive desire in itself or greed is the root of materialism, by self control and discrimination it can be overcome.
If we can obtain all that is ever desired through some type of advanced 3d printing and other similar ideas, the love for such things may fade.

It is only overcome once a higher spiritual truth is realized, of what is real and what is false. Meaning we contain everything we will ever need within ourselves, or the kingdom of heaven is to be found within. Then materialsim is pointless as the wealth of god within outshines any and every material possession.

Materialism is the excessive desire to acquire and consume material goods. It is often bound up with a value system which regards social status as being determined by affluence as well as the perception that happiness can be increased through buying, spending and accumulating material wealth. Positively, materialism might be considered a pragmatic form of enlightened self-interest based on a prudent understanding of the character of capitalist society. Negatively, it is considered a crass, if not false, value system induced by the spell of commodity fetishism and void of more noble and worthy values.

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 07:57 AM
link   

Materialism is a state of mind, the desire to possess various items

originally posted by: Miccey
Old... Been know for ages....

Tell us how to get rid of it instead...

We build an advanced society and ban all forms of materialism & just make everything free for everyone. BAM done we evolve beyond the epic stupidity of materialism.

I think communism meaning no money is very good.

Free materialism.

if the items are given then there is no longer an excess desire to obtain them.

Not true and who is doing the giving in your scenario?

Can you define an "excess desire" objectively?

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 03:20 AM
link   

Beelzebub is the the picture you should envision when you look at a money because that is what it represents.

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 09:33 PM
link   

The name of the money demon is "Mammon" but according to Gregory of Nyssa (I admit I don't really know who he is at the moment but) he said "Beelzebub" is another name for "Mammon" so you may be right.

Money is a slave system that the majority are born into (except that it is not slavery for those born into the rich families because it works and their favor and the rich can just buy both parties of the voting system to keep full control).

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 10:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: arpgme

The name of the money demon is "Mammon" but according to Gregory of Nyssa (I admit I don't really know who he is at the moment but) he said "Beelzebub" is another name for "Mammon" so you may be right.

Money is a slave system that the majority are born into (except that it is not slavery for those born into the rich families because it works and their favor and the rich can just buy both parties of the voting system to keep full control).

Kudos to you for pointing that out!

It never ceases to amaze me how some will defend the things that represent various evils in the world, evil corrupts the minds of people, money and materialism being some of the foremost demonic pastimes of our world as well as the slaughter of each other for the sake of material wealth. People do what they know to be wrong for materialism and inflict harm on others in the name of the antichrist Beelzebub/Mammon, they serve thier master faithfully till the end.

edit on 22-1-2015 by FormOfTheLord because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 01:20 AM
link   

As long as it doesn't say 666 or is a micro-chip then most people don't care.

"Money over everything" is a cool thing to say now in pop culture. Except the only ones who actually control it are the rich leaders.

In ancient Egyptian and Sumerian times it was "Gold over everything" and even then they were enslaved to get it for the rulers while they worked long hours, were poor, and barely surviving.

Just like today who people work in offices for corperations.

The God of money was called Anu in Sumer. According to the myths he created the human race to be his slave and get gold.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join